Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #616
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
And I thought we were friends!
You underestimate the power of that pretzel LOL!!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #617
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Yes, I did use our camera and I just used the regular setting. I am not sure what setting Jen used on her computer. Jen?
You think I am going to share a bite? Hmmm. I think not. How about you get your own and if you don't like I will take it off your hands.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I must defend my friends. The cream cheese pretzel is not of the sharing nature. Even amongst friends we must draw our lines somewhere.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #618
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Mmm, that pretzel looks and sounds really good. I may have to try one of those myself.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #619
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Signing on...

Better late than never...

love your title...

have become familiar with Nobby from Jen's trippie...

hope that your feet feel better for the rest of trip...

looking forward to more...
Old 07-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #620
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You really need to try it and then talk to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I need to find those cream cheese pretzels in October...how did I never even know they existed!!!

Your tale of the fairies reminded me of the DISmeet. Try to go the Boardwalk with a group of 34 strangers all with different accents and credit cards from different states and have the staff try to figure out HOW you know each other and get along so well!!!
They are delish!

Oh goodness! I can't even imagine how that was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
The Launching Pad is the name of where you get the cream cheese pretzel's. We also got them in May for the first time. My DH loves pretzel's & we made a point to go there & get some. Very good!!! Great update. We did not do CoP in May but will probably do it when my DH & I go for our anniv. next year.
Ahhh, that is what it is! Those pretzels are so yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
I must defend my friends. The cream cheese pretzel is not of the sharing nature. Even amongst friends we must draw our lines somewhere.
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Mmm, that pretzel looks and sounds really good. I may have to try one of those myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Signing on...

Better late than never...

love your title...

have become familiar with Nobby from Jen's trippie...

hope that your feet feel better for the rest of trip...

looking forward to more...
Thanks for joining in!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #621
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your MK day is turning out to be better than your Epcot day. Cream cheese pretzel sounds interesting. And one of these days I have to see the Carousel of Progress!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-05-2009, 08:00 AM   #622
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

CREAM CHEESE PRETZEL?!!! That is going to be my mission in December

Old 07-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #623
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Sounds like your MK day is turning out to be better than your Epcot day. Cream cheese pretzel sounds interesting. And one of these days I have to see the Carousel of Progress!
Oh you must, I bet you would like the Carousel of Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBug86 View Post
CREAM CHEESE PRETZEL?!!! That is going to be my mission in December
That is a very worthy mission! It will be a wonderful reward.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #624
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Foolish Mortals.

Sunday May 24th. Part 4.

I am determined to get this MK day finished up today!

After we had our pictures taken, we crossed the Castle Hub and headed to...

Liberty Square!

I really think this is my favorite Magic Kingdom Land. I really think I was meant to be a Colonial, or perhaps I was one in a former life. We both were snapping away pictures.

I love that even when Disney is doing renovations, they put up those screens with "fake" buildings.

I do remember that my feet were starting to bother me at this point. We took a seat on a bench near the Christmas Shop. I took a seat where the AC was blowing out of the door. Ahhhhh.

After a few moments rest, we headed over to Columbia Harbour House for a bathroom break. I went a little light crazy in there.

I adore this one, with the light reflecting on the wall.

Next up.....

We all know that Jen wants to live at the Haunted Mansion and you know what? I think I'd like that too. There is something about getting in line and gazing up at it that just puts me in a good mood. I adore the Haunted Mansion. I found myself collecting many HM Pins on this trip.

I was super happy to discover that to get really good pictures of the pet cemetery, you can take them from the line and just zoom in.

Yeah...this is probably not even half of the pictures we took. Before we knew it we were being ushered into the stretching room.

I really enjoyed my ride with Jen. She was so excited and showed me a lot of little hidden details that I had never noticed before.

Continued in the next post....
Old 07-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #625
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Foolish Mortals.

Continued from previous post...

After HM, I was starting to feel really tired. We walked over towards Adventureland. I was getting really shaky since I hadn't really had a full meal that day. Jen went to get Fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise to be used later in the day and I went to get us both a rootbeer float, of which I don't have any pictures. We sat down at a table, it was so hot at this point. The the rootbeer float just wasn't hitting the spot for me, I wanted "real" food. It was super sweet. Jen, did you have a rootbeer float or did you just have ice cream? Now, I can't remember. Hmmm. She will clear that up for us.

I probably threw away about 2/3 of the float....I was on a mission for "real" food. We headed to Casey's and ate some Corn Dog Nuggets. Now THESE really hit the spot.

I have very fond memories of watching both of the Casey cartoons when I was little. I have the first one on DVD but I still don't have the one with his daughters on the baseball team. I loved being able to sit on the bleachers and eat, it was a lot of fun.

After Casey's we walked through the shops to get to the front of the park. The Move It Shake It Celebrate parade was going on. As we got towards the train station, Jen stopped to take photos and I went to place to lean against to help my poor feet. My feet were really starting to bother me.

After the parade, Jen found me again and we headed out. We did make stops to look for bags, I was thinking of getting a backpack to save on my poor shoulder but passed deciding I could tough it out.

We took the monorail back over to the Ticket & Transportation Center and Stanley the GPS got us back over to All Star Music fairly quickly.

We settled into our room for a nap, we turned on ABC Family and The Prince & Me 2 was on! Jen was able to catch some of the sequel. Jen was very sad because we needed to nap but she really wanted to watch it. I believe we both fell asleep fairly quickly with the alarm set with enough time to make our dinner ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table.

I hope to finish the rest of this day later this afternoon!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #626
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I was gone this weekend and came back to bunches of updates!

I love the theming of Pixie Hollow, it's so beautiful! They have an area where they "shrink" you too, right?

And oh yes, Corn Dog Nuggets SAVE THE DAY! I had no idea there were Casey's cartoons...!

I like all the HM pictures - I'm still trying to psych myself up enough to ride it in September.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #627
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

I love your pictures of HM - that's one I don't always get to, since my little ones are not the bravest. Actually, I can't blame them - I rode it on an adults-only evening during our family trip in 2007 (grandparents are wonderful things), and I wondered how I managed to enjoy it so much as a kid. I was pretty darn wimpy myself. I can't wait to read about CRT! (And I might have to try one of those pretzels myself...)

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #628
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I LOVE Sunday updates! I have a new appreciation for Liberty Square after hearing how much you love it. The detail in there is incredible. And I do love the lanters hanging off the tree. I just read about a "secret" area out the back of the Christmas shop where there are benches and it overlooks the castle moat? I'm wondering if maybe that's a smoking area? I hope not b/c it sounds cool.

You got some GREAT pics of the HM. I can't say that I want to live there but I do enjoy the ride. Especially the part with the hitchhiking ghost - that takes me right back to being a little kid and marveling at how that happens! And I also love looking down and seeing the hidden mickey in the place setting.

Mr Toad! Rest his soul.

Not only have I never eaten at Casey's but I didn't even know there were cartoons! I've been missing out. I'm going to have to pass on corn dog nuggets though. Blech.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #629
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I was gone this weekend and came back to bunches of updates!

I love the theming of Pixie Hollow, it's so beautiful! They have an area where they "shrink" you too, right?

And oh yes, Corn Dog Nuggets SAVE THE DAY! I had no idea there were Casey's cartoons...!

I like all the HM pictures - I'm still trying to psych myself up enough to ride it in September.
You must find those cartoons!! I adore them. The first one is on Make Music Mine but I know you can get it on other Disney Cartoon Collections.
Yes, they shrink you in hallway. It's very cute. Worth checking out for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
I love your pictures of HM - that's one I don't always get to, since my little ones are not the bravest. Actually, I can't blame them - I rode it on an adults-only evening during our family trip in 2007 (grandparents are wonderful things), and I wondered how I managed to enjoy it so much as a kid. I was pretty darn wimpy myself. I can't wait to read about CRT! (And I might have to try one of those pretzels myself...)
I do remember being freaked out when I was 13. I believe Mom was teasing me because I was freaked out.

Quote:
I LOVE Sunday updates! I have a new appreciation for Liberty Square after hearing how much you love it. The detail in there is incredible. And I do love the lanters hanging off the tree. I just read about a "secret" area out the back of the Christmas shop where there are benches and it overlooks the castle moat? I'm wondering if maybe that's a smoking area? I hope not b/c it sounds cool.

You got some GREAT pics of the HM. I can't say that I want to live there but I do enjoy the ride. Especially the part with the hitchhiking ghost - that takes me right back to being a little kid and marveling at how that happens! And I also love looking down and seeing the hidden mickey in the place setting.

Mr Toad! Rest his soul.

Not only have I never eaten at Casey's but I didn't even know there were cartoons! I've been missing out. I'm going to have to pass on corn dog nuggets though. Blech.
Well you can look forward to another Sunday update. I am determined to get this TR moving!

I'm not sure what you are talking about in Liberty Square, I want to investigate though. I just love that land. I plan to spend some time there in September just snapping away pictures.

You must find the cartoons! They are wonderful!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #630
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I have never really noticed the front door to the HM. Thanks for that pic!

Was that the 3 o'clock parade?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: