Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #211
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Rain, rain, go away! But you made the best of it!

I also love American Adventure! You got great pictures for not using a flash! And go you with the light fixture pic within one of the set pieces!

I am also not a big Ellen's Energy Adventure fan but will go on it from time to time. I wish they'd update it. And why does it close so often? Just not popular enough?

Oooh an ADR at Sanaa... interesting.

for front row Soarin'. Did you happen to notice if they have repaired the screen? I still love the ride but in December there were so many distracting black spots - either on the film or the screen.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #212
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Loving the report.

Nursing my wounds since I didn't win the LFC (Light fixture challange). I'm training for the next trip.

I like Ellen's well enough. Especially when the weather isn't good ie raining or too hot. Not that you had to deal with the heat this time.

Still can't believe you didn't write your day down each night. I don't think I could remember everything to do a trippie otherwise. At least you have Jen and your Mom to check with.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 AM   #213
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Ellen is a great place to nurse a baby. We also enjoyed the dinos.

We'll definitely ask to sit up front on Soarin this time.

Yea! Can't wait to hear about Sanaa. We've got a ressie there in June.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #214
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
You know I have never watched the American show. I will have to do that this trip. Great update.
I think it's worth watching. I have seen it the last two trips and I really love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
I've never watched it either! I guess I have always thought that I know what happened in America, so there's no need to watch it. But after your pics and description, LL, I definitely want to see it!
I think everyone should see it at least once. I don't think I have ever really seen pictures of it on the DIS. I think it's one of the less popular attractions but still a really good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Ellen!! Oh I LOVE Ellen.
I'm sorry you don't have any pictures, but your text is just as good. We tried the American Adventure for the 1st time in 2007 and we loved it! The theatre is SO beautiful inside!
I don't think I've heard of anyone trying Sanaa before, I'm interested to see how that one went!
The theater is really beautiful, I love it in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I can't believe that you took that many light pictures. Pretty amazing.

Sounds like it was a great day. I kind of like the Ellen ride too. It's a nice break from the craziness of the day, and it makes me smile.
My light obsession is a sickness really. Ellen does make for a really great break I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We saw the American Adventure today! It always makes my cry......
It gets me a little misty everytime too and makes me proud to be an American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I just read both your past 2 updates-so sorry about no bunny! I will keep a watch for him in December as well. It'll be the DIS Bunny Hunt 2009 between all of us looking for it!

Remy is adorable-I heard the waiter that pushes him around makes jokes and that sort of thing, sounds like such a fun time!

Love love love the pics of the American Adventure show. We did that way back in 2006, so I don't remember much of it. Not sure when we'll be able to tackle such a show again with a little one who doesn't sit still very well. Ellen's for us was interesting with a toddler. Ugh. Those sit down shows are not the easiest! But, we'll get back there someday when he can be still for more then 8 seconds.

I laughed about the "Woooo!" I can picture that perfectly. I love that the Mom let her little boy Woooo! So cute.

I am surprised at under 200 light fixture pictures!
Yes the waiter does interact a bit but I think she was more interactive with other tables. Oh well. WOOOOOOOOOOO! Hehehe, I laugh everytime I think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Whooooooo Hooooooo! Go Me!! LOL, lucky guess. But how exciting I won. Great update. SOarin was Avery's favorite ride. We got front row on our last night.
Yayayayayaya! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It seems like you did a pretty good job of remembering this period of time, even without good notes.

Too bad for the person that fell. I hope they didn't get hurt too badly. I saw a lady fall of the back steps of our bus one time, and I think it scraped her up pretty badly. She was probably a little older than me, and I know she had to have been sore for the rest of her trip after that.

You and Dawn are funny about the birds. I never have birds attacking me, for some reason. Maybe they sense the fear in you guys and then just play mind games with you.

Can't you just heat their little bird conversations?

Look at that one! We'll get a huge scream out of her if we swoop anywhere close.

Yeah, and watch what I can make this one do when I go for her French fries!

It does take something away from the Disney magic when you have obnoxious drunks making a bunch of noise. And I agree about the language, especially around little kids. It really aggravates me when I hear parents using that kind of language around their own children, too, and I have heard that several times in Disney World.

Those are good pictures of American Adventure. It has been a long while since I've seen that, so I may try to catch it this summer. Golden Dream is such a pretty song!

Looks like you girls had some fun that day in spite of the rain.
I hope I can keep it up with the good memory.
The birds were out to get me, Mom took pleasure in my screaming and ducking from them, Jen protected me. Pffft. We can see who really cares about my bird phobia.
Golden Dream is a very pretty song. I think the show is just really well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Oh, I can't stand the drunk young people! Hmmmphfff!!!!

Soarin' is the best from the front. The first time G and I ever rode it we were front and center.... from then on we were spoiled!

What is this Saana you speak of?

Love you LL & Jen!!!! Ya'll are too precious for words!
Saana is a new place to eat at Animal Kingdom Lodge, they just opened up.
We got front row center and it was truly amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh yeah I felt so bad for the guy who fell, it was not pretty at all! After that we tried to be very careful as we walked around EPCOT!

Oh the American Adventure...I just love that attraction the music, the animatronics, the message, its just amazing!!!! I loved to be able to share that with you and I'm glad you were there to keep me from falling off the escalator cuz I really was about to...all in the name of a great picture LOL!! The things I do for my scrapbook LOL!!

YAY for Ellen's Universe of Energy...I think its the science teacher in me but I love that ride...and of course after the millionth time they tell you...we both know its a 38 minute adventure...boy they make sure you know how long that ride is going to be LOL!

Okay the Soarin guy was obnoxious and hilarious at the same time. The part where he's like I'm doing okay I'm a little freaked out here, I don't trust Gary Sinise...and I was like say what??? Wrong ride dude....his poor friend, I felt really bad for him, however it did make for great TR fodder. I have to majorily give props for that mom behind us who really did make the best of the situation and gave something for her kids and her to laugh at later...Go to that mom!!!!

Riding up front in B was great!!!! The best seats in the house it was fantastic and I really really enjoyed it. The smell of oranges gets me every single time LOL!!! Got to love it!!

You are doing a great job LL...I'm really excited to hear more...even if I was there LOL!!!!!

So do I have any final words...yes I do.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
It really was a bit ridiculous how many times they mentioned how long the attraction was. Kinda like when I rode COP in September and they kept saying it was boring. PFFFT.
Yes, the mom really made the best of the situation with WOOO Guy.
I love the smell of oranges, I just love Soarin' it is one of the best rides.
Thanks for telling me I am doing a great job, it's a bit nerve wracking speaking for the both of us in the updates.
Oh and the escalator saving, I will do it everytime since that picture is so beautiful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Rain, rain, go away! But you made the best of it!

I also love American Adventure! You got great pictures for not using a flash! And go you with the light fixture pic within one of the set pieces!

I am also not a big Ellen's Energy Adventure fan but will go on it from time to time. I wish they'd update it. And why does it close so often? Just not popular enough?

Oooh an ADR at Sanaa... interesting.

for front row Soarin'. Did you happen to notice if they have repaired the screen? I still love the ride but in December there were so many distracting black spots - either on the film or the screen.
I know it was closed when we were there because of mechanical difficulties but I think it's one of those seasonal rides. Who knows.
Yes, my light fixture mania moved to a new level with set pieces.
I did notice a few black spots but I really didn't notice them too much especially in my other rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Loving the report.

Nursing my wounds since I didn't win the LFC (Light fixture challange). I'm training for the next trip.

I like Ellen's well enough. Especially when the weather isn't good ie raining or too hot. Not that you had to deal with the heat this time.

Still can't believe you didn't write your day down each night. I don't think I could remember everything to do a trippie otherwise. At least you have Jen and your Mom to check with.
How does one train for the next light fixture challenge? I'm curious.
I didn't write down anything but FOUR chapter titles and I am almost done with those. I don't know what I was thinking. I hope I can keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Ellen is a great place to nurse a baby. We also enjoyed the dinos.

We'll definitely ask to sit up front on Soarin this time.

Yea! Can't wait to hear about Sanaa. We've got a ressie there in June.
I've heard that Ellen is a great place to nurse, makes sense.
I think it's worth asking for the front row at least once even if you have to wait for the next ride.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #215
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

Sorry about the rain, but it sounds like you two were making the most of it!

I agree about Ellen's - not something I would do every trip, but I really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to more!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 06-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #216
bwmmfan
Mouseketeer

subbing

I was there the same week as you. I am just to curious to see what other people did despitemthr rain

Love American Adventure too. I do not recommend it after lunch at the beirgarden

2005 & 2007 ASSp, May 2009 POR, Aug 2011 POP
Old 06-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #217
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Ellen is a great place to nurse a baby.
I couldn't agree with this more!! LOL!!

Great update, LL!! I can't wait to see American Adventure come September, it's been years since I've gone in there, cause the last trip was our little ones, they wouldn't have appreciated it then, maybe next trip.

Sounds like a great day, despite the rain!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #218
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear about bathrobe bunny not being there. They are so darn cute!

I've never even been inside the American pavilion! Awful, I know. It's the only WS country we never do... I will definitely make a note to see the American Adventure next week!

Remy is absolutely adorable and your lunch at Chefs looks soooo delicious.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #219
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I have to admit, I haven't seen the American Adventure show in an awfully long time...I don't really know why...I guess I generally get caught up in all the shopping and eating at WS.... In anycase, it was great to see your photos! They are great! I'll have to be sure I see it next time round!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #220
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

I guess I'm confused on what Ellen's is..... must refer to Passporter.....

I would've been tee'd at the drunk dude. You handled it better than I. I've only ridden 'Soarin' in California and it was front row. I can't imagine any other way!
I don't know if Rach will have patience to do American Adventure..... whaddya think for kids? Yay or nay?
Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 AM   #221
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
How about hidden Mickey's, or different drinks, flowers, boats? I dont know just throwing some things out there.
Hi LL:

I leave today!!!!!!! Yeah! I really like Minnie Nurse's idea about the boots. I am afraid there are too many windows and doors and I really don't drink THAT much , so photographing drinks might be tricky. I think it might disturb other guests if I say,...."hmmmm.....what are your drinking? Can I take a picture?" Flowers are nice. I'm bad at hidden mickey's, so I think I will try the boats and see how that works!

So thanks for keeping me entertained. I love you pictures of the American Adventure. I also like the part about the two brothers and I love that song since I'm partial to folk music.

See ya when I return. I will be on the lookout for CP and gnomie!

p.s. Julez - yes I think you should take your daughter to AA. The worst that would happen is she takes a quick cat nap!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #222
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I have no idea why, but we have never been to the American Adventure either!!!!! It is already at the top of my to do list............for the next time we go........ !!!!!!!!!

I loved the chatter about the obnoxious Soarin' riders.....don't you wish they could be "politely" asked to LEAVE!!!!! Hee hee hee!!!

Can't wait for more!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #223
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I really want to see the American Adventure. It was near the top of my list of things to do on our last trip, but it didn't work out. I think it may have been the only thing that I really wanted to do that I didn't do. Next time.

We had a drunk "kid" in line with us twice in one day. My daughter was with me so I was not at all happy.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #224
woodleygrrl
As god as my witness, I will never ever be swindled by these thieves at Disney bakeries again.

I was there the same time you were, sister and you are right: IT RAINED EVERY GD MOMENT WE WHERE THERE (practically). I have never had that happen in any of my 7 visits over the years. It really does put a big damper on the fun.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #225
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi LL:

I leave today!!!!!!! Yeah! I really like Minnie Nurse's idea about the boots. I am afraid there are too many windows and doors and I really don't drink THAT much , so photographing drinks might be tricky. I think it might disturb other guests if I say,...."hmmmm.....what are your drinking? Can I take a picture?" Flowers are nice. I'm bad at hidden mickey's, so I think I will try the boats and see how that works!

So thanks for keeping me entertained. I love you pictures of the American Adventure. I also like the part about the two brothers and I love that song since I'm partial to folk music.

See ya when I return. I will be on the lookout for CP and gnomie!

p.s. Julez - yes I think you should take your daughter to AA. The worst that would happen is she takes a quick cat nap!

Hijack sorry!

MEK have a great time. Will you do a TR when you get back, if so I will have to keep on the look out for it. Bring back lots of pictures. I think we need to have a contest on how many pics of boats MEK will take. I am still bummed on how bad I did on the light fixture contest. I need redemption here.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: