Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #196
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hey.....that gives me an idea.....maybe I can purposely take pictures of something during my trip. Let' see....you did light fixtures and Lurkyloo did water fountains in the world showcase....any other ideas?????? Hurry please, I don't have much time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #197
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I feel good about my guess! Congrats MaryAZ! ( I bet the rain slowed the picture taking process a bit....)
The rain really did slow me down quite a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Yay! Congrats to the winner!! Wow, 193 is still a lot, but I wonder how many light fixtures are actually in Disney...now that would be a heck of a challenge!
I can't even imagine how many are in WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Wow, I was way under. Thats a lot of light fixtures. You did good LL. Congrats to the winner!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Congrats MaryAz!!!!

LL- that was TOTAL tease update!!!
I do plan to do another update tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow. 193 pictures. And that is when hampered by rain and foot trouble. Will you be posting all 193? And does the fact that you've counted mean that your photos are all organized and that you're ready to let the updates rip?
Yes, all the pictures are organized. I am still waiting for a few from Jen but I have enough to keep going for awhile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow....What impresses me most is not that your took 193 pictures of light fixtures, but that you actually took the time to count them all so soon after your return. Pretty impressive and executed like a true Disney fanatic!
Thanks. I wanted to get it done before I went back to work....my job is tedious enough that I don't want to do tedious things when I get home.

Quote:
Hey.....that gives me an idea.....maybe I can purposely take pictures of something during my trip. Let' see....you did light fixtures and Lurkyloo did water fountains in the world showcase....any other ideas?????? Hurry please, I don't have much time!
Hmmm....for.....windows? There are lots of windows. Another thing I noticed a lot on this trip were roof lines since C mentioned them, they are quite interesting. Oh, the other thing you could do is a pick ONE Disney character and everytime you see that character you take the picture. That could be fun. I think I like that one the best!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2009, 06:45 PM   #198
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How about hidden Mickey's, or different drinks, flowers, boats? I dont know just throwing some things out there.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #199
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How about hidden Mickey's, or different drinks, flowers, boats? I dont know just throwing some things out there.
Oooh, boats are good too. Lots of boats at Disney.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #200
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Woooooo!

Friday May 22nd. Day 1. Part 4.

*I remembered something from earlier in the day that I forgot to mention. I guess that is what happens when you don't take Trip notes. On our way over to Soarin' to get our fastpasses, we saw the most horrendous fall! It was truly awful. I wanted to warn all of you, that covered path in between Innoventions and the Mickey greeting area, is WICKED slippery so please use caution. I almost fell later in the week. So you have all been warned, be careful!!

Okay, on with the show.

We left the French Movie and it was still raining. Jen had her poncho on with her umbrella, I was just using my umbrella. I really don't like ponchos. I mean they serve their purpose but if I can get away with just using my umbrella then I will. We just walked through Morocco and Japan, I don't think we stopped for anything. Maybe Jen remembers. Neither of us have any pictures though. I am pretty sure we headed straight to America for the American Adventure.

Jen and I both love The American Adventure. We caught the very end of the Voices of Liberty.

I find the American Pavilion to be so beautiful. I love it.

Jen got this AWESOME picture of the flags as you are going up the escalator. You know how the CM's warn you to pay attention the escalator since a lot of people fall when they are looking up towards the flags...well I had to tell Jen it was coming up. Teamwork is Key.

We sat towards the front and in the middle because I really wanted to get some pictures of this wonderful show. Don't worry, I didn't use my flash!

This part of the Two Brothers is so chilling and powerful.

Hehehe.

After we got out of the show it was....still raining! We pulled out the umbrellas and Jen put her poncho back on and we trekked on.

I have no other pictures until dinner so this will be wordy.

We walked by Italy and Germany. We did see a little bird in the clock chirping out the half hour in Germany. It was very cute.

We breezed by the Outpost too, which still confuses me a bit. I still don't quite get it. I know we did stop briefly to check out the Flower & Garden Festival Pins. It killed me because they were almost $15 a piece. Seemed a little steep to me.

I think the rain was letting up and it was just drizzling at this point. We stopped in Norway to ride Maelstrom of course. I did Twitter that Jen looked cute in her poncho and she did and that the trippy trolls were next. Jen showed me the viking wearing the Mickey Ears in the mural where you load. The ride was even shorter than I remembered and I still got freaked out by the small drop. Eeee! They give me goosebumps EVERY time.

After Maelstrom, we debated getting schoolbread. The line was out the door and we decided to wait until the next day. We did meet someone who overheard us talking about schoolbread and asked us what it was. We described it and told her to get it. She got in line. I hope she liked it!

After Norway, we breezed through Mexico. We decided to save Mexico for the next day. Jen wanted to check out Test Track and Ellen's Energy Adventure. On the way over we stopped for a moment for Jen to talk to her DH. At this point it had stopped raining. The umbrellas were put away and the poncho was off.

On the way over we started talking about our plans for the following day. We were thinking that since we had done so much of Epcot that we wouldn't need the WHOLE day dedicated to Epcot again. So we decided to go to Animal Kingdom for the second half of the day and see what we could get for ADRs near there. Test Track had been closed because of the weather and hadn't reopened yet, we decided to skip it and head over to Ellen's. Jen called dining from her cell and was put on hold while we were walking over there. When we got there, it was closed. Boo! The nice CM said she thought they would be up and running in a few minutes and they were. While we waited, Jen performed "Keep the Crazy Disney Birds Away from LL." For which, I was very grateful. Those birds are demented, pure and simple. They swoop and dive and beg and creep me OUT.

After a few minutes, Ellen's was up and running and Jen hung up on Disney Dining and we went inside. Now Jen really wanted to see this, I could have gone or could have passed. I had no feelings on Ellen. Well, you know what? I am glad I went on this. Now, it might now be an every trip ride but I enjoyed the attraction and will go on it again. It didn't feel like 40 minutes either, it went by very quickly.

After Ellen's Energy Adventure we headed back to The Land to redeem our Soarin' Fastpasses! On the way over, Jen spoke with Disney Dining. We had three choices for our AK ADR 1. Yak N' Yeti 2. Jiko 3. Boma. We ended up getting one for 8:30 at Saana. We had a bit of trouble canceling our Akershush ADR, they said they would have to charge us $10 each for canceling. Jen asked them to ask their supervisor since we were calling 24 hours before the ADR. They said they would waive and that if the fee went through to call them back and they would credit my card. Yay! AK and Sanaa the next day.

Wait a second. Did we Soar first or did we go on Figment first? Hmmm. Hmmmm. We are going to pretend we Soared first. I *think* that is what we did.

So we got in the fastpass line and were quickly asking the nice CM if we could ride in the front row. Jen was the asker of this trip. She asked for Soarin' front row, checked us into most of our meals and just took care of things. It was kinda nice since I'm usually the asker and taker care of things. Thanks Jen!

We got front row, it was so nice. We had to wait for the next ride but that was okay by us. We patiently waited. Well a large group of younger people were behind us, I think they were probably around 20-22 in age. I overheard them ask for front row and the CM said to wait. Well pretty soon we were told to line up in Row 1, the asker of that group started to whine saying they had asked for front row...well wait your turn. They had 6 or 7 people in their group. All I know is that most of them got in the front row after the two people behind Jen & I and then two people in the second row. Well as we are waiting, one of the boys in the second row of the big group kept saying, "Soarin' WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Not quietly at ALL. It was clear that he was pretty drunk. He kept saying he was really freaked out by Gary Sinese, his friend to his credit was trying to keep him quiet and reassure him this was not the Gary Sinese ride. He was amusing but really annoying at the same time because he was swearing and being obnoxious. I can't stand people who swear in front of children. He kept talking about how is friend would have to keep him safe, how they were going to drink more and WOOOOOOOO!

Finally, it's time to go in and get settled. All we can hear from the front row is WOOOOOO! Really loud. At this point Jen and I are just making the best of it and laughing at him but it was slightly annoying. Soarin' is EVEN better in the front row. Seriously. I loved it and I was so thankful Jen asked for it.

As we were leaving, Jen heard the Mother that was next to the WOOO Boy go to her little son, "WOOOOO!" This just made my night. Jen and I often WOOOO'd through the rest of our time together.

WOOOO!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #201
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

You know I have never watched the American show. I will have to do that this trip. Great update.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #202
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know I have never watched the American show. I will have to do that this trip. Great update.
I've never watched it either! I guess I have always thought that I know what happened in America, so there's no need to watch it. But after your pics and description, LL, I definitely want to see it!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #203
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Ellen!! Oh I LOVE Ellen.
I'm sorry you don't have any pictures, but your text is just as good. We tried the American Adventure for the 1st time in 2007 and we loved it! The theatre is SO beautiful inside!
I don't think I've heard of anyone trying Sanaa before, I'm interested to see how that one went!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #204
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that you took that many light pictures. Pretty amazing.

Sounds like it was a great day. I kind of like the Ellen ride too. It's a nice break from the craziness of the day, and it makes me smile.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #205
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

We saw the American Adventure today! It always makes my cry......
Old 06-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #206
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I just read both your past 2 updates-so sorry about no bunny! I will keep a watch for him in December as well. It'll be the DIS Bunny Hunt 2009 between all of us looking for it!

Remy is adorable-I heard the waiter that pushes him around makes jokes and that sort of thing, sounds like such a fun time!

Love love love the pics of the American Adventure show. We did that way back in 2006, so I don't remember much of it. Not sure when we'll be able to tackle such a show again with a little one who doesn't sit still very well. Ellen's for us was interesting with a toddler. Ugh. Those sit down shows are not the easiest! But, we'll get back there someday when he can be still for more then 8 seconds.

I laughed about the "Woooo!" I can picture that perfectly. I love that the Mom let her little boy Woooo! So cute.

I am surprised at under 200 light fixture pictures!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #207
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
So I have spent my afternoon counting light fixture pictures. I counted twice so I know I am accurate.

To recap, these are the guesses.

Charleston Princess: 153

2xcited2sleep: 260

pooh'smate: 223

IluvXU: 212

NotSoEvilStepmother: 316

Millie12591: 215

MinnieNurse: 97

Jennifer48: 315

princess&her4princes: 117

MaryAz: 189

cjackearl: 178

addictedtothemouse: 281

Diamondintheruff: 181

If U Had Wings: 288

MEK: 150

Tnkrbelle565: 123

wigdoutdismom: 111

brookelizabeth: 368

Happydog: 188

GusGus (Marc):79

jenjolt: 134

kschafer: 227

trixiequilts: 413

roxychica7: 152

belle8306: 321

The rules were whoever had the closest guess WITHOUT going over the number of light fixture photos taken. Make sense? I hope so because everytime I start to overthink it, I get confused. Also it was the number of pictures taken not how many different light fixtures I photographed. I did not count Jen's light fixture photos because she took those on her own. I did count Mom's light fixture photos because I either took them or told her to take them so that counts.

I didn't count pictures as such as this one....because the purpose of the photograph wasn't the light fixture.

But I did count this photo because clearly the focus of the picture is the light fixture.

The Grand Total of Light Fixtures Photos I took were.....

193!!

The winner is.......

MaryAz with her guess of 189!!

If you PM me your address, I have a little prize for you!

I have to say....I'm actually surprised I didn't take more.
Whooooooo Hooooooo! Go Me!! LOL, lucky guess. But how exciting I won. Great update. SOarin was Avery's favorite ride. We got front row on our last night.

Last edited by MaryAz; 06-06-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #208
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It seems like you did a pretty good job of remembering this period of time, even without good notes.

Too bad for the person that fell. I hope they didn't get hurt too badly. I saw a lady fall of the back steps of our bus one time, and I think it scraped her up pretty badly. She was probably a little older than me, and I know she had to have been sore for the rest of her trip after that.

You and Dawn are funny about the birds. I never have birds attacking me, for some reason. Maybe they sense the fear in you guys and then just play mind games with you.

Can't you just heat their little bird conversations?

Look at that one! We'll get a huge scream out of her if we swoop anywhere close.

Yeah, and watch what I can make this one do when I go for her French fries!

It does take something away from the Disney magic when you have obnoxious drunks making a bunch of noise. And I agree about the language, especially around little kids. It really aggravates me when I hear parents using that kind of language around their own children, too, and I have heard that several times in Disney World.

Those are good pictures of American Adventure. It has been a long while since I've seen that, so I may try to catch it this summer. Golden Dream is such a pretty song!

Looks like you girls had some fun that day in spite of the rain.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #209
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Oh, I can't stand the drunk young people! Hmmmphfff!!!!

Soarin' is the best from the front. The first time G and I ever rode it we were front and center.... from then on we were spoiled!

What is this Saana you speak of?

Love you LL & Jen!!!! Ya'll are too precious for words!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 06-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #210
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oh yeah I felt so bad for the guy who fell, it was not pretty at all! After that we tried to be very careful as we walked around EPCOT!

Oh the American Adventure...I just love that attraction the music, the animatronics, the message, its just amazing!!!! I loved to be able to share that with you and I'm glad you were there to keep me from falling off the escalator cuz I really was about to...all in the name of a great picture LOL!! The things I do for my scrapbook LOL!!

YAY for Ellen's Universe of Energy...I think its the science teacher in me but I love that ride...and of course after the millionth time they tell you...we both know its a 38 minute adventure...boy they make sure you know how long that ride is going to be LOL!

Okay the Soarin guy was obnoxious and hilarious at the same time. The part where he's like I'm doing okay I'm a little freaked out here, I don't trust Gary Sinise...and I was like say what??? Wrong ride dude....his poor friend, I felt really bad for him, however it did make for great TR fodder. I have to majorily give props for that mom behind us who really did make the best of the situation and gave something for her kids and her to laugh at later...Go to that mom!!!!

Riding up front in B was great!!!! The best seats in the house it was fantastic and I really really enjoyed it. The smell of oranges gets me every single time LOL!!! Got to love it!!

You are doing a great job LL...I'm really excited to hear more...even if I was there LOL!!!!!

So do I have any final words...yes I do.... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: