Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #106
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I love all the pictures!

A nice stroll down Main Street seems like a lovely idea - not something I ever get to do with the two crazy boys attached.

Can't wait for the next!
Yep, we finally got to go into every shop on Main St this trip I think. I just love the smell on Main St of the Bakery and the candy store. Yummy!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #107
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Subscribing!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #108
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Count me in....love new Trip reports and LOVE your pictures. What kind of Camera do you have?
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #109
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy7979 View Post
Subscribing!

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
Count me in....love new Trip reports and LOVE your pictures. What kind of Camera do you have?
Welcome! Thanks for the compliments. Both cameras we used on the trip were Canons. Mom was using my old Canon point and shoot (A95 model) and I was using my brothers newer Canon SX100IS which is also a point and shoot but a bit fancier and faster. That is the camera that got used the most. The older camera we mostly used to take video.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #110
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Then we came across Mom's year sign

I was born that year too....you're mom doesn't look like she's in her 40's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessa
So much for my 4 years of French in high school, I couldn't understand a word.
You're too funny!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #111
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post

You're too funny!
I try
Old 06-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #112
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Awesome photos!

I have to agree, you're mom does NOT look her age. Good genes! I love her white sparkly sandals. I saw those at the store and wondered if they were comfy?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #113
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Awesome photos!

I have to agree, you're mom does NOT look her age. Good genes! I love her white sparkly sandals. I saw those at the store and wondered if they were comfy?

The fitflops? She wore them pretty much the whole trip and had the same pair in black.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #114
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Hey...Quebec people hehehe

We always encounter fellow Quebecers during our trips.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #115
hollyluvsdisney
I was a Disney bride! Married at the Boardwalk on 12.14.07.

Great update!

I love the 50's section of Pop, too. I hope we're put there or in the 70's next time we stay there. (We were in the 80's last time and I wasn't so crazy about that section!)

That parade looks cute. It's cool that there was a parade at 6 o'clock, because that means I might actually get to see it! It seems like I'm usually in the MK in the morning or in the evening. I'm hardly ever there around 3 o'clock, so I usually miss the afternoon parade.

Can't wait to read more!

December 2007 - Fairy Tale Wedding @ Sea Breeze Point and honeymoon at the Poly; September 2008 - Pop Century; September 2009 - CSR/CBR; October 2010 - Pop Century
Old 06-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #116
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Hi Lessa,
Welcome back, I know it's late but still welcome back. So far I am totally into this TR. SO much to comment on I can't remember it all.
Your purse!?! You know I am a big believer in idiot strings, I have actually put some on my keys, they will never stray more than 12 inches from my purse now, and I have only misplaced my purse twice, I think I need to add an idiot string to it as well.

I don't think I would have upgraded to the convertible either, wouldn't want my Minnie ears flying off. plus I worry about bird poop, what if it smacks me in the eye and I lose all control of the car and crash it thus ending the Disney trip before it really started.

The 50's at Pop. siiiigh! that was the first place I stayed. Memories, from the corners of my mind...............
isn't it great?

you gals were going on minimal sleep, did ya feel drunk? I always feel drunk when sleep deprived, it's kinda nice, everything is funny and you don't toss your cookies later.

OK so I am geeked for the rest of this. Keep it going girl, you're awesome!

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 06-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #117
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

The trip down seemed pretty smooth minus the purse and toothpaste incidents. I'd forget my rump if it wasn't attached. That's why I always try to get a purse with an extra long strap so I can wear it across my body.

I'm so sorry that WPE was a disppointment. I thought for sure you were going to come back and tell us how grand it was. I really thought that Doug and I were just there on a bad night. Oh well. I hope the rest of your eats are wonderful.

I'm in aggreement with everyone else. Tell your mom she looks fabulous. That color of blue looks terrific on her. I love it! And my dear, your hair is so sophistcated. Va, Va, Voom!

If all your pictures are this good, we've got a lot to look forward to.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #118
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Lessa,
All caught up on your updates. So glad you got your purse back. Leaving on the airport counter is something I would do. So what did you think of Pop so far? I know your usually a deluxe girl . The crowds on the buses are a bit much. Even at SSR it was like that sometimes, no personal space at all . on the buses. Makes me miss the monorail resorts. Your pics are really nice of Pop and the celebrate parade at MK. We missed that one because of the weather but it looks really cute. Looking forward to the Dole Whip meet .
Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #119
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Hey...Quebec people hehehe

We always encounter fellow Quebecers during our trips.
We actually ran into quite a few Canadians on the trip, most of them were CM's though. Mom loves chatting up the Canadians though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyluvsdisney View Post
Great update!

I love the 50's section of Pop, too. I hope we're put there or in the 70's next time we stay there. (We were in the 80's last time and I wasn't so crazy about that section!)

That parade looks cute. It's cool that there was a parade at 6 o'clock, because that means I might actually get to see it! It seems like I'm usually in the MK in the morning or in the evening. I'm hardly ever there around 3 o'clock, so I usually miss the afternoon parade.

Can't wait to read more!
There are only two sections I would really request at Pop, 50's because I like the decor and theming the best and the 60's because it is closest to the food court and gift shop.

Yeah, I was totally confused by that mini parade. At first I thought maybe the afternoon parade had been canceled for something and so they rolled this out to make up for it but there was nobody around so I knew that couldn't be it. Thanks to all of you for clearing it up for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
[SIZE="2"]Hi Lessa,
Welcome back, I know it's late but still welcome back. So far I am totally into this TR. SO much to comment on I can't remember it all.
Your purse!?! You know I am a big believer in idiot strings, I have actually put some on my keys, they will never stray more than 12 inches from my purse now, and I have only misplaced my purse twice, I think I need to add an idiot string to it as well.
The funny thing about the purse incident is that it is usually Mom who is misplacing her purse, in fact just tonight she was ripping the house apart looking for it.

Quote:
I don't think I would have upgraded to the convertible either, wouldn't want my Minnie ears flying off. plus I worry about bird poop, what if it smacks me in the eye and I lose all control of the car and crash it thus ending the Disney trip before it really started.

Quote:
The 50's at Pop. siiiigh! that was the first place I stayed. Memories, from the corners of my mind...............
isn't it great?
I think we all feel sentimental about our first Disney hotel. For me the Wilderness Lodge will always hold a special place in my heart. I was telling Mom that when we stayed at the WL it felt like home and had this magical feel to it. I just don't get that from Pop.

Quote:
you gals were going on minimal sleep, did ya feel drunk? I always feel drunk when sleep deprived, it's kinda nice, everything is funny and you don't toss your cookies later.

I can't speak for Mom but I was wide awake and alert, I did sleep really well that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post

I'm in aggreement with everyone else. Tell your mom she looks fabulous. That color of blue looks terrific on her. I love it! And my dear, your hair is so sophistcated. Va, Va, Voom!

If all your pictures are this good, we've got a lot to look forward to.

Thanks Kristel, you are sweet, I was very self-conscious about how short it had been cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi Lessa,
All caught up on your updates. So glad you got your purse back. Leaving on the airport counter is something I would do. So what did you think of Pop so far? I know your usually a deluxe girl . The crowds on the buses are a bit much. Even at SSR it was like that sometimes, no personal space at all . on the buses. Makes me miss the monorail resorts. Your pics are really nice of Pop and the celebrate parade at MK. We missed that one because of the weather but it looks really cute. Looking forward to the Dole Whip meet .

You are right, I am a deluxe girl at heart, Mom calls me a hotel snob. Pop served its purpose as a place to sleep but if I was planning on a lot of downtime at the hotel I would definitely stay somewhere else. That is just me though. I also like having indoor corridors and everything being under one roof which I missed at POP. You can't beat the price at POP though which was the determining factor. It broke my heart to give up the AKL but with going back to school it just did not make sense financially. Oh well, next trip in a few years we will be staying AKL or Poly so I have that to look forward to!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #120
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

The fitflops? She wore them pretty much the whole trip and had the same pair in black.
I remember her saying how very comfy they were !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: