Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #91
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Nice update. I love Updates when you feel like you're there.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #92
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

That the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it Parade. It it shown 3 or 4 times per day. It's part of the what will you celebrate promotion.

You and your mom look great for being up so early and traveling. Me I'd look like the walking dead by this point!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #93
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i subbed to this yesterday and finally got it all caught up.

i think that is the what will you celebrate parades? that theyhave now

your purse story reminded me of when we went to disney on our honeymoon, we got through security, found our terminal, then went to go get some breakfast,

came back and ate it, when we finished, they called my name over the gate terminal to come to the check in, i am thinking all right free updgrade right.

well i get there and she says are these yours sir, huh, she had our bording passes, i left them at the coutner at BK

so glad that someone turned them in.

i was so worried about lossing them i was holding them all through security and go figure i get a buscuit sandwich and forget all about the tickets for our flight and leave them.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #94
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Nice update. I love Updates when you feel like you're there.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
That the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it Parade. It it shown 3 or 4 times per day. It's part of the what will you celebrate promotion.

Ah, I didn't realize it was a parade I thought it was just an interactive show up by the castle. Sort of like the Family Fun Day Parade, you know, very small scale production.

Quote:
You and your mom look great for being up so early and traveling. Me I'd look like the walking dead by this point!

Thanks, I am somewhat used to an odd sleep schedule and stay up for 24 hours at a time on a semi-frequent basis, Mom I don't know how she did it.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #95
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i subbed to this yesterday and finally got it all caught up.

i think that is the what will you celebrate parades? that theyhave now

your purse story reminded me of when we went to disney on our honeymoon, we got through security, found our terminal, then went to go get some breakfast,

came back and ate it, when we finished, they called my name over the gate terminal to come to the check in, i am thinking all right free updgrade right.

well i get there and she says are these yours sir, huh, she had our bording passes, i left them at the coutner at BK

so glad that someone turned them in.

i was so worried about lossing them i was holding them all through security and go figure i get a buscuit sandwich and forget all about the tickets for our flight and leave them.

I am always worried about losing the boarding passes as well, I am always checking my bag to make sure they are still there with the passports.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #96
penguingirlie
Mouseketeer

Great report so far! Looking foward to more!
September 2007 Pop Century for DD's first trip!!!
May 2009 First Trip as Family of 4!

[/url]Me(31) DH (36) DD (3) DS (2)
Old 06-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #97
clomahony
Mouseketeer

Hi Lessa,

I'm so excited to read your new trip report and was very happpy to meet both you and your mom at the Epcot dismeet. I had the 2 kids in the double stroller.

Now I know why your mom looks so young - she is!!! 1962 - I can't believe she has grown kids. I was born in 1968 and I have a 5 and 3 year old. I think she made the right choice though - I'm very, very tired now.

Looking forward to reading more.

August 2006 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
November 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside
September 2007 - Disneyland, November 2007 - Sheraton Vistana
April 2008 - All Stars Movies
May 2009 - All Stars Movies
June 2010 - Vistana
January 2011 - Disneyland, December 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Old 06-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #98
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguingirlie View Post
Great report so far! Looking foward to more!

Thank you for reading and I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clomahony View Post
Hi Lessa,

I'm so excited to read your new trip report and was very happpy to meet both you and your mom at the Epcot dismeet. I had the 2 kids in the double stroller.

Now I know why your mom looks so young - she is!!! 1962 - I can't believe she has grown kids. I was born in 1968 and I have a 5 and 3 year old. I think she made the right choice though - I'm very, very tired now.

Looking forward to reading more.
I am sure that you all are making her feel very good about herself with all the remarks about how young she looks. I guess the Disboards are good for boosting ones self-esteem.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #99
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Great update, Lessa!!!! Your weather looks FABULOUS!!!! You made it to the MAGIC KINGDOM, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is the CELEBRATE Parade! It is a FUN parade! Here at DL it stops in about 3 to 4 locations and the dancers all sing and dance for the crowds and then move on to the next spot. I believe it is all in conjunction with the birthday celebration theme for this year.

I love that you have a "consider" list!!

KAR

Old 06-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #100
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Great update, Lessa!!!! Your weather looks FABULOUS!!!!
Yes the weather was very nice on THAT day....

Quote:
I love that you have a "consider" list!!
Yep, I find I have to do this to avoid buyers remorse and also to keep me from spending way more than I can afford. This way I know that if I still really want something a few days down the road that I should buy it and it helps me decide between things. I'll tell myself I can get one or the other but not both.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #101
PrincessLucy
Earning My Ears

Hiya! I'm having fun reading this, so I'm subbing it... Great report!! you and your mom are so alike!! (not just cuz you've both got napkins on your heads ) you're both soo pretty!! Can't wait to read more!! xxxxxx
Old 06-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #102
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLucy View Post
Hiya! I'm having fun reading this, so I'm subbing it... Great report!! you and your mom are so alike!! (not just cuz you've both got napkins on your heads ) you're both soo pretty!! Can't wait to read more!! xxxxxx

Thanks for coming over to read and sub. I love all my readers!

The napkins on the head, those were a lot of fun.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #103
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Lessa !! I remember us talking about that 6 pm parade I caught it a couple of times !! My pix aren't as good as yours though!!! My bus ride over was fine that day !! In fact the whole trip was good for buses !
Love the pix of Beth by her year !! hey will have open up the other section to get my birth year!!
I am also waiting for the Bros to chime in !!! They have been very silent till now
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 06-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #104
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi Lessa !! I remember us talking about that 6 pm parade I caught it a couple of times !! My pix aren't as good as yours though!!! My bus ride over was fine that day !! In fact the whole trip was good for buses !
Love the pix of Beth by her year !! hey will have open up the other section to get my birth year!!
I am also waiting for the Bros to chime in !!! They have been very silent till now
This was the only day that we took the buses, as you know the bus ride back was fine, that ride over though, very uncomfortable!

The bros haven't chimed in yet probably b/c I haven't given them the link yet.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #105
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

I love all the pictures!

A nice stroll down Main Street seems like a lovely idea - not something I ever get to do with the two crazy boys attached.

Can't wait for the next!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: