Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #151
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Trying to give you the benefit of a doubt....

But impatient works for me.
I figure I will wait until Wednesday and if the status still reads as "processing" then I will give them a call. It is all a bit weird as we did not even get an e-mail confirmation that the order had been placed like we were supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I love your hair Lessa, very pretty and I'm another CoP lover we have to ride it every trip!

I didn't know your Mum had MS, so pleased the humidity didn't affect her.

Sounds like a great meet and it's fantastic you finally met Rosie
She did have a bit of trouble with her MS this trip but not much, at least not that she let on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
What a fantastic day!! Good ride mojo and a fabulous DIS meet! Your hair looks great Love the pictures, they really make your TR come alive!

Thank you! I love to take pictures and I really enjoy sharing them with everybody. I'm not even sharing all of them either as they won't fit! I would have to have posts that are nothing but pictures.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #152
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
HI kristi !! Funny you should say that about the lines and Lessa too!! I kept thinking aren't the left supposed to be shorter and yet the right almost always was I got in the short one all the time !!! When are you going again Kristi!!!
I'm hoping to go down one more time before my seasonal pass expires (Oct. 15), but work is causing problems. We are having to change work schedules but we don't know when or exactly what the new one will be (other than working 4 Sat. in a row). Can't make any plans until we know more.

Kristi
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #153
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I had a pretty good sleep that night, only woke up a few times to the melodic sound of Mom's snoring.

I had set the wake-up call for 7am, we were headed to Epcot that day. The big event of the day was the Mammoth May Meet in France at 3pm.

All dressed and bag packed for the day we headed down to the food court to purchase a mug and fill it up. Last trip I started every morning with a cup of apple juice, sadly they had gotten rid of the apple juice and the frozen coke machine so I had to settle for lemonade. On the way to the car we ran into Rosie who was on her way to the bus stop. She was also headed to Epcot so we offered her a ride.

We got to Epcot pretty quickly and we got a really good parking spot. We were pretty much as close to the entrance as you could get without being in handicapped parking.

We even were lucky enough to get a spot in line up close to the turnstyle. We chatted with the family that was in line ahead of us. Turned out they were from Canada too, Winnipeg to be exact. I gave them some touring advise as they were not sure where they were going but they knew that they wanted to go to Soarin. I advised them that they should go there first and gave them directions which was not hard to do, I just told them to follow the mob. They laughed and said that they should just follow me around the park all day as it seemed like I knew what I was doing. They also complimented me on my Tink necklace, the first of many compliments, I seemed to get a lot of attention over that necklace.

The turnstyles opened and we made our way into the park. We were pretty close to the rope, only a few people back. Mom and Rosie chatted while I snapped pictures.

As soon as the rope dropped the three of us headed over to Soarin with the rest of the crowd. We got on the ride pretty quickly. In fact we got to skip ahead of the line a bit as they were calling out for a party of three.

The ride was fun as always, and it was fun getting to ride it with Rosie, a fellow Diser and Focker.

After Soarin we parted ways with Rosie, we were planning on heading over to Test Track. As we passed the Character Spot we changed our minds though. We decided that we would save Test Track for our next Epcot day and stick with exploring one side of Future World for that day. The line for the characters was rather short so we said "Why not!"

I prefer the photopass pictures that got taken here but since the cd has not arrived yet I will have to settle for posting the pictures from our camera.

For some reason Mom doesn't like this picture, I think it is cute so I am posting it anyways!

I had to laugh at this picture when I looked at it on the camera screen as it looked like Pluto was licking my cleavage.

Dancing with Goofy was a riot, he even gave me a little twirl. What a charmer!

The character interaction that morning was a lot of fun and I am glad that we stopped to get those pictures.

Click here to continue

Last edited by Lifelong_Dreamer; 06-05-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #154
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Awesome, awesome pictures, Lessa!!! You and Mom look like you are having a wonderful time and the trip has barely started.

I have to ask you a question...are your feet ok at the end of a WDW day with just flipflops? I am a flipflop girl BUT still wear sneakers to WDW/DL every time we go.

KAR

Old 06-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #155
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
Awesome, awesome pictures, Lessa!!! You and Mom look like you are having a wonderful time and the trip has barely started.

I have to ask you a question...are your feet ok at the end of a WDW day with just flipflops? I am a flipflop girl BUT still wear sneakers to WDW/DL every time we go.

Usually my feet are fine if they are the more cushy kind of flip flops. The flip flops I wore that day, well they were a HUGE mistake. I basically live in flip flops but I should have known better than to have worn that particular pair. I'll get into that more a bit later in the TR.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #156
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

Usually my feet are fine if they are the more cushy kind of flip flops. The flip flops I wore that day, well they were a HUGE mistake. I basically live in flip flops but I should have known better than to have worn that particular pair. I'll get into that more a bit later in the TR.
OK, Lessa!!! I am totally on board!!!

KAR

Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #157
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I love the character interaction we get as adults.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #158
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I love the character interaction we get as adults.
We had pretty good character interaction. It can sometimes be hit and miss as adults I have found. Overall though I have had very favourable interactions. I found that adults get overlooked the most at character meals.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #159
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Love the character pics of you and your mom so cute!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #160
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Aw, nice! I'm glad you got to ride with Rosie!

I am LOVING your hair. It's very flattering to your pretty face.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #161
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Love the character pics of you and your mom so cute!
Thanks! I think they turned out nicely as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Aw, nice! I'm glad you got to ride with Rosie!

I am LOVING your hair. It's very flattering to your pretty face.
Yep, we got to hang with Rosie quite a bit those first two days.

Thanks on the hair, I am slowly getting used to it. I don't hate it as much as I did that first day, what a shock it was!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #162
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I just checked the photopass site again and the cd has finally shipped! I should hopefully have the cd by early next week since we don't have mail on Saturday up here. Well except when a new Harry Potter book gets released then they make an exception.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #163
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Great pics with the characters. Looks like you and your mom were having a great time.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 PM   #164
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Great pics with the characters. Looks like you and your mom were having a great time.
We were definitely having a good time, but then how can you not have a good time while at WDW!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #165
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I ordered my phopass pictures from Disneyland and got them via fedex.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: