Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #1561
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,413

That show looks SO GOOD!! I hope its still there when I get around to cruising!! You make me want to just hop on the next cruise out!!
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (26) , DS L (5)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...next Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #1562
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran
 
UGAFan0829's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North GA
Posts: 4,353

Lessa, I felt so bad for you and your terrible experience with that hike. Sorry, but I can't believe they all ran off and left you like that. I would have been upset too. I'm glad you made it though. The views were beautiful, but gosh I can't imagine being that high. I'm scared of heights too, so I understand.

I love your pics from the Golden Mickey's. Mine are nowhere near that good. Most of them were blurry from not being able to use the flash. Can't wait to read more!
UGAFan0829 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #1563
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Lifelong_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Oh my goodness! That hike was a definite dosey!!! Good thing you didn't break something! Did you ever figure out what was Maria's deal???

That show looks great! Your pictures turned out wonderful...it's so hard to photograph without flash sometimes and you did it! I can't wait to see your formal dinner! Hope you got some pix of you and mom all decked out!

We did find out after the trip....

It was SO hard without the flash, it is especially obvious in the scenes where they moved around really quickly like in the Tarzan pictures where he was swinging around.


Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
That show looks SO GOOD!! I hope its still there when I get around to cruising!! You make me want to just hop on the next cruise out!!

I am sure it will be, it is one of their flagship shows!


Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Lessa, I felt so bad for you and your terrible experience with that hike. Sorry, but I can't believe they all ran off and left you like that. I would have been upset too. I'm glad you made it though. The views were beautiful, but gosh I can't imagine being that high. I'm scared of heights too, so I understand.

I love your pics from the Golden Mickey's. Mine are nowhere near that good. Most of them were blurry from not being able to use the flash. Can't wait to read more!
It is not so much that they left me but that we ended up climbing different sections. I started climbing before them and I guess they didn't see where I started climbing up so they went up a different way assuming I was already up there since they didn't see me around. It was when they got to the top and I wasn't there that they got a bit worried and started searching around for me. I was so scared and upset though, I wish I wasn't such a wimp!

Thanks on the pics, I was pleased that they turned out as well as they did.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #1564
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran
 
EastYorkDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East York (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,562

Actually the Golden Mickey's is going to be replaced by a new show staring the Disney Villains, some time in the near future.
__________________
Heading West for DPN WestFest 2010 - TR underway F & F at the DLR! Fun and planing for DPN WestFest 2011

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #1565
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates
Posts: 8,026

Have some catching up to do I see.
__________________
Meeting Shorty Rossi and Hercules May 3, 2014.
Mysteria is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 AM   #1566
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Lifelong_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Actually the Golden Mickey's is going to be replaced by a new show staring the Disney Villains, some time in the near future.

Really? That's awesome! Sad too though, I loved the Golden Mickeys! I am sure DCL will do a good job making the new show.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
Have some catching up to do I see.

You only missed one BC update and one Disney update.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #1567
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

great updates with the pics, thanks so much for showing them.
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #1568
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,824

Great update Lessa !! I am behind in my Dissing due to being so sick !! Will catch up later !! Off to work sick or not !!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #1569
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Actually the Golden Mickey's is going to be replaced by a new show staring the Disney Villains, some time in the near future.
Ok well now I just have to go. I'll have to schedule one immediately so I can see this show and then another one to see the new one. Its not my choice, just the way it has to be.

__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (26) , DS L (5)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...next Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #1570
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Lifelong_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
great updates with the pics, thanks so much for showing them.
Glad you enjoyed them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great update Lessa !! I am behind in my Dissing due to being so sick !! Will catch up later !! Off to work sick or not !!

Get well soon Rosie! I am just not starting to get better from my horrible cold that I had over the weekend. I was actually able to breathe normally today!


Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Ok well now I just have to go. I'll have to schedule one immediately so I can see this show and then another one to see the new one. Its not my choice, just the way it has to be.

Lifelong_Dreamer is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #1571
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious
 
lisalonglash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lower Mainland, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,218

Seriously, Lessa - awesome awesome awesome updates!!! With your writing style and great pictures, I feel like you took us all hiking with you in Vernon (although I've been to Vernon, I've never hiked there) and with you and Beth on the cruise!! I cannot wait for the next update to see what other adventures I can live vicariously through you
__________________
Lisa P.
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)



September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #1572
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Lifelong_Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Seriously, Lessa - awesome awesome awesome updates!!! With your writing style and great pictures, I feel like you took us all hiking with you in Vernon (although I've been to Vernon, I've never hiked there) and with you and Beth on the cruise!! I cannot wait for the next update to see what other adventures I can live vicariously through you

Thanks! Let's just hope that my English prof likes my writing as much as you do. I hand in my first essay tomorrow and I am a bit nervous as it has to be written in a style/format that I have never used before. It is such a silly assignment though, can't really call it an essay, it is a "journal". It has to be 250 words on what career we want to pursue and why. I feel like I am back in high school writing something like that. Oh well, I do what I have to do.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #1573
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,265

Oh my goodness on the hike I think I would have cried too.
Great pics of the Golden Mickey's-we loved that show. My older DD talked to the hostess and was on the big screen-so fun
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 7
MaryAz is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #1574
jcc0621
DIS Veteran
 
jcc0621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post

Thanks! Let's just hope that my English prof likes my writing as much as you do. I hand in my first essay tomorrow and I am a bit nervous as it has to be written in a style/format that I have never used before. It is such a silly assignment though, can't really call it an essay, it is a "journal". It has to be 250 words on what career we want to pursue and why. I feel like I am back in high school writing something like that. Oh well, I do what I have to do.
I'm sorry this made me . Jimmy's homework tonight for writing was to write 2 sentences about "What I did this weekend"
__________________
Janet TFW Unofficial Odds Maker

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
jcc0621 is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #1575
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Orange county,CA
Posts: 17,714

Just how do you solve a problem like Maria?

Those hiking pictures really are worth you're pain...they are SO beautiful. I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to go somewhere like that, so thank you for those pictures. Truly special pics!

As for the cruise, Golden Mickeys was a thumbs up for me too, but I'm also not a big Broadway show guy either...give me Diversions, a football game and a beer and I'm happy.

Can't wait to hear more. DCL=
jordanyosh is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our Anniversary Week at the Happiest Place on Earth!! TR DONE 8/30 SOUVENIR POST SOON xoktenox Completed Trip Reports 966 09-19-2009 01:17 PM
Who Turned on the Heat?! Our sweaty 2 weeks in May! Final Thoughts. chicagoshannon Completed Trip Reports 266 06-05-2009 10:15 PM
Help~ Disney waterpark or Sea World???? Dylan_&_Blake's_mom Disney for Families 18 05-31-2009 08:50 PM
OT- RCCL's Explorer of the Seas ruadisneyfan2 Disney Cruise Line Forum 3 05-31-2009 08:37 PM
Disneyland crowds week of June 6 or June 15 mermaidcoco Disneyland (California) 4 05-31-2009 06:27 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: