Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #541
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

The pictures are wonderful. I had been wanting to try out CBR this trip, but the mod race resort was POFQ. It will be on the list for next time though. It looks so tranquil and beautiful.

Those clouds look awfully scary though. I would have holed up too and not come out.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #542
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
No, you talk about it!!! That's why I ask, because I want to know.

Can you remind me what time of year you're going again? That would definitely sway my advice on which resort I think you'd like better. That being said, if you're looking for something relaxing when you're not in the parks, then CBR is definitely it.
Thank you for listening. We are going from 11/28-12/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Pooh's Mate: I think CBR would be a great choice for your vacation...my DH loved it. And I think it would appeal to your DH because it's very island/beach resortie instead of DISNEY bright and loud....plus the rooms are a great size and well worth any extra money over a value resort.
Thank you Heidi for your input. I am sure he would love it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #543
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
The pictures are wonderful. I had been wanting to try out CBR this trip, but the mod race resort was POFQ. It will be on the list for next time though. It looks so tranquil and beautiful.
I do love POFQ, but for totally different reasons. When I was at CBR, I really felt like I was having a vacation separate from the park atmosphere. It felt so tropical and relaxing to me.

Quote:
Those clouds look awfully scary though. I would have holed up too and not come out.
We did that for a bit. I can't imagine walking around in that. Especially with the lightning right outside our window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Thank you for listening. We are going from 11/28-12/10.
I have no frame of reference for that time of year, except a short weekend I did one December, and we stayed at the Yacht Club.

I have to agree with Heidi, though, if your DH likes that more relaxed beachy feel, then CBR will be far better for you than Pop.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #544
pooh'smate

Quote:
I have no frame of reference for that time of year, except a short weekend I did one December, and we stayed at the Yacht Club.

I have to agree with Heidi, though, if your DH likes that more relaxed beachy feel, then CBR will be far better for you than Pop.
Well I did make a change. We are staying at WL. I thought about it and decided that since we are going for so long we would really appreciate the extra room. My dh said this morning he was wishing we could stay at WL so that cemented the decision for me. I am keeping it a surprise for him.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #545
TarzansKat

Quote:
Well I did make a change. We are staying at WL. I thought about it and decided that since we are going for so long we would really appreciate the extra room. My dh said this morning he was wishing we could stay at WL so that cemented the decision for me. I am keeping it a surprise for him.
If there's one resort I would recommend immediately over CBR, it's the Wilderness Lodge. For a first visit, you cannot beat the transportation, the interior corridors, the fun pool! Let me tell you, if it's pouring rain outside, there's nothing better than being able to walk to the food court completely dry.

I'm so happy for you!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #546
TarzansKat

Help.

Hey, guys? DH and I are having a really hard time agreeing on a name for the little bean. We like unusual names, and our five year old son has an Italian first name, Irish middle name.

I'm just wondering, if any of you are willing to share your favorite boy names? Even if it's something you wouldn't name your child, but you just like, or that you've come across?

I am so sick of looking at baby books and online sites and not being able to agree on anything.

Again, only if you want to. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:43 PM   #547
pooh'smate

Quote:
If there's one resort I would recommend immediately over CBR, it's the Wilderness Lodge. For a first visit, you cannot beat the transportation, the interior corridors, the fun pool! Let me tell you, if it's pouring rain outside, there's nothing better than being able to walk to the food court completely dry.

I'm so happy for you!
I am really excited and it looks so beautiful all decked out for Christmas. I know Alexia will love the boat. I hear you on the interior corridors and I am looking forward to covered bus stops too. They only had bunk bed courtyard view left so that is the room we are booked in. My said she will keep looking to see if a standard view room opens up though.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #548
pooh'smate

Quote:
Hey, guys? DH and I are having a really hard time agreeing on a name for the little bean. We like unusual names, and our five year old son has an Italian first name, Irish middle name.

I'm just wondering, if any of you are willing to share your favorite boy names? Even if it's something you wouldn't name your child, but you just like, or that you've come across?

I am so sick of looking at baby books and online sites and not being able to agree on anything.

I will be thinking and get back to you.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #549
TarzansKat

Quote:
I am really excited and it looks so beautiful all decked out for Christmas. I know Alexia will love the boat. I hear you on the interior corridors and I am looking forward to covered bus stops too. They only had bunk bed courtyard view left so that is the room we are booked in. My said she will keep looking to see if a standard view room opens up though.
Your daughter would love the bunk bed, so if you don't get standard, that'll definitely be fun for her! Covered bus stops. Is there nothing sweeter?

Quote:
I will be thinking and get back to you.
Thanks. I'm so stuck.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #550
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I shall think about baby names today. I will tell you that Connor was almost a Declan -- another good, unusual Irish name.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #551
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I shall think about baby names today. I will tell you that Connor was almost a Declan -- another good, unusual Irish name.
Declan is such a neat name!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #552
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Declan is such a neat name!
It is -- I still like it.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #553
pooh'smate

Ok I changed my resort again. I always thought that I had wanted to stay at WL but I really wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling Pop either but now I feel like I have the right resort. We are staying in a savannah view room at AKL. It was cheaper than the room I had a WL. My dd will LOVE it. She has said she wants to work in a zoo with the animals, but not cows, ever since she was 2. I do have to say I was surprised it was cheaper, but I am really excited. I am not telling my dd and dh so they will be surprised when we get there.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #554
Jagdcarcajou
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Heya,

We named my youngest son Dresden. Not sure if German names are off the list for you, but there ya go!

"I happen to have no dress in my cabin."
Capt. Jack
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #555
TarzansKat

Quote:
Ok I changed my resort again. I always thought that I had wanted to stay at WL but I really wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling Pop either but now I feel like I have the right resort. We are staying in a savannah view room at AKL. It was cheaper than the room I had a WL. My dd will LOVE it. She has said she wants to work in a zoo with the animals, but not cows, ever since she was 2. I do have to say I was surprised it was cheaper, but I am really excited. I am not telling my dd and dh so they will be surprised when we get there.
Very cool! My mother has stayed savannah view and absolutely loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdcarcajou View Post
Heya,

We named my youngest son Dresden. Not sure if German names are off the list for you, but there ya go!
I like it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: