Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #511
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
this, right there...
I can be colorful on occasion.

Quote:
I'm with Tink. Curious to see how this plays out!!!!!! How fortuitous that you were already back at the resort resting while this brewed and could pass the time, as pirates do...
Now, if only we'd had a bottle of rum. I should have picked that up instead of the soy milk.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #512
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I can be colorful on occasion.

Now, if only we'd had a bottle of rum. I should have picked that up instead of the soy milk.
As long as you don't drink them together...that could be a little nasty.

I'm actually planning to pack rum, isn't that scary? It's not like we drink it at home other than at xmas for HBR's but for some reason, on vacay, rum and coke is a pretty huge thing for Jeff and he has swayed me over.

I'm just thinking of all the pool cocktail funds that could be saved with refillable mugs and bubble wrap packed rum.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #513
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Poor brave Tink checking on the weather for you and almost getting zapped because of it.

Playing rummy while the rain drummed against the windows sounds like an excellent way to pass the afternoon.

Hmmm, my mind wandered off on a very funny tangent when you said you made a comment about the ponchos that was not DIS-appropraite.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #514
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post

By the time we were heading out, I'd say we had a pretty steady drizzle going, not terribly pelting, but enough for me to want to wear a poncho. My companion, however, was not feeling the poncho love.

Actually, Tink had no desire to wear one, and I forced her. I do believe I even ignored her when she told me I didn't need to pack one for her. I knew. She would come over to the dark side. :darth

We headed out bravely, esconced in plasticity. I believe Tink made a few comments about feeling well preserved, and like a giant Ziploc, and then I made the first of the evening's comments that are not fit for the DIS.

It did however, make us laugh and take our minds off the plasticness.

Knowing what I know about what needs knowing in the conjuring of said comments............

No wonder dinnertime was what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [insert *snort*laugh* here]....

Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #516
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

I am just loving your TR! Did you and Tink meet here on the Dis? That is so amazing!!!

OK, I totally got teary at your pregnancy announcement. How wonderful for you!!! As an aside I'm sure the tears were because I am pregnant too and I am a hormonal mess, but still HUGE CONGRATS!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #517
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

LOL, pirates play Rummy?

I've let some colorful language escape my mouth in that type of weather. I don't blame her

Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #518
TarzansKat

Quote:
As long as you don't drink them together...that could be a little nasty.
Ewww.

Quote:
I'm actually planning to pack rum, isn't that scary? It's not like we drink it at home other than at xmas for HBR's but for some reason, on vacay, rum and coke is a pretty huge thing for Jeff and he has swayed me over.

I'm just thinking of all the pool cocktail funds that could be saved with refillable mugs and bubble wrap packed rum.

I want to be surprised, but I'm actually not. Am I getting to know you better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Poor brave Tink checking on the weather for you and almost getting zapped because of it.
I know! Certainly that was not listed as a requirement in the bonds of friendship, but bless her, she can take one for the team. May have shaved a few years of her life, but I'll make it worth the while.

Quote:
Playing rummy while the rain drummed against the windows sounds like an excellent way to pass the afternoon.
It's just an excellent way to pass an afternoon no matter how you slice it.

Quote:
Hmmm, my mind wandered off on a very funny tangent when you said you made a comment about the ponchos that was not DIS-appropraite.
That tangent you're on is probably exactly where I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Knowing what I know about what needs knowing in the conjuring of said comments............

No wonder dinnertime was what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [insert *snort*laugh* here]....

You pig!

That's even funnier now, huh? Good lord we were some dirty birds that night, but it was sooooooo much fun. I don't get to have that kind of perverted fun with many people.

Quote:
I may never look at poncho's the same again...
I don't think you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabes_mommy View Post
I am just loving your TR! Did you and Tink meet here on the Dis? That is so amazing!!!
Why, thank you! And yes, we did meet on the DIS. And all the luckier am I, that woman is my best friend on this blessed earth.

Quote:
OK, I totally got teary at your pregnancy announcement. How wonderful for you!!! As an aside I'm sure the tears were because I am pregnant too and I am a hormonal mess, but still HUGE CONGRATS!

Thank you and congratulations to you, too! And if anyone can commiserate about being a hormonal mess, believe me, it's me. I am so out of whack compared to my normal state of mind it's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
LOL, pirates play Rummy?
Well, we were fresh out of dice, and I didn't think we'd start wagering years of service.

Quote:
I've let some colorful language escape my mouth in that type of weather. I don't blame her
I didn't either, it scared the carp out of me.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #519
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

[QUOTE=eandesmom;35674796]

Only if it's then scary for the rest of us planning to do the same thing.

But I may splurge on a juice or something else other than free coke. At $10 a pop for a pool libation, well, that could add up WAY fast.

TK- your afternoon sounds perfectly terrific!!

A giant ziplock??

Ummmm... now I'll have to use my imagination on what those comments might have been- maybe it's better to just know the truth?

Old 03-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #520
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Only if it's then scary for the rest of us planning to do the same thing.

Quote:
TK- your afternoon sounds perfectly terrific!!

A giant ziplock??

Ummmm... now I'll have to use my imagination on what those comments might have been- maybe it's better to just know the truth?
I prefer to let your sordid little minds wander. It's much more fun that way.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #521
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great way to while away a rainy afternoon. I have to agree with Tink though on the ponchos. I'll do anything not to put one on, but when it's pouring in Disney they really are the best things. I'll grudgingly put one on if I have to.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #522
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Sounds like a great way to while away a rainy afternoon. I have to agree with Tink though on the ponchos. I'll do anything not to put one on, but when it's pouring in Disney they really are the best things. I'll grudgingly put one on if I have to.
I'm not saying it's my favorite fashion statement, but really, there's no better protection from Florida rain.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #523
TarzansKat

It seems as though I am cursed.

Cursed to spend my days surrounded by handsome men.

A terrible fate, to be sure.

It's a boy!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #524
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Congrats on your new little pirate!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: