Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 12:41 AM   #496
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I can't believe it's been a month since I've updated this. It's time, don't you think?

Before Tink and I were to head to our lovely tea at the Garden View Lounge in the Grand Floridian, we took a lovely train ride with LegoMom. We made a complete loop, and dicussed plans for meeting up later, hopefully to watch Wishes together.

Tink and I headed off to the Grand Flo, and we were early. We spent some time relaxing in the lobby before I checked us in a little bit early. It was so much fun to sit there and people watch and just be. I would have to say this is one of my favorite relaxation moments from the trip. It ranks right up there with our Pina CoLavas upon arrival.

Writing about this makes me want to go with her again so badly.

We got into tea early, and what can I say?

We wore our tiaras.

We had nomtastic food.

We had an excellent server whom I enjoyed so much, I took her picture.

How many times did we sigh with contentment?

Pictures with food descriptions will be added soon.
you are there right now!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #497
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Are you going to wear your tiara tomorrow? I can't help but to wonder!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #498
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Photo Update

It's been a while, but here are the photos I promised from tea. I don't remember if I mentioned that Tink and I hung out in the lobby a bit, and just chilled. We both took virtually the same photo of the GF lobby ceiling with our cameras, I guess we were feeling artsy. I've included hers here, and her pictures from tea. Enjoy!

- My view

- Tink's view

- Tink, being good, got her whipped cream on the side. I, however, had mine plopped right on.

Next Chapter

Last edited by TarzansKat; 03-03-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #499
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

The tea looks heavenly. Maybe someday when I just take the girls. . .

Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 AM   #500
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Just heavenly!! Which tea package did you guys get? I suppose it'll depend on how much I feel like eating at the time, but right now I'm waffling between the Sally Lunn and the next one up (don't remember the name).

LOVE the views from this room! Beautiful.....

Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #501
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
The tea looks heavenly. Maybe someday when I just take the girls. . .
Oh, hon. I've taken men there and it was a hoot. My son was actually the best behaved out of all of them, and obviously the youngest. It's a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Just heavenly!! Which tea package did you guys get? I suppose it'll depend on how much I feel like eating at the time, but right now I'm waffling between the Sally Lunn and the next one up (don't remember the name).

LOVE the views from this room! Beautiful.....

Tink got a tea selection, I don't remember the name, with a side of the Sally Lunn bread, so consider as a possibility that a lot of items come a la carte.

I always get the Grand Tea, which comes with a glass of champagne, and is the most extensive of their tea offerings. It's six tea sandwiches with an onion tartlet. Your second course is a jam tartlet and a heavenly scone with whipped butter. The third course is your choice of strawberries and cream, English trifle, or a couple of selections from the pastry offerings. I always get strawberries and cream and it's divine.

I do have to say though, this is the day we met up with you later, and remember how Tink and I didn't eat dinner until later that night? Our tea was around 200-230, and for me, with the amount I get, it's a meal. I definitely needed dinner, but I'm almost positive that wasn't until 700-800 at night.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #503
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great

I was just looking at the tea menu today trying to get a price for my spreadsheet. (again , as if I hadn't already memorized the menu) I can't decide betwee the grand and the Prince's. Hmmmm.... I do love me some port.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #504
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love the tea cozy!
I do, too! Just so you know, not all of the teas come in a teapot. Some actually come in a French press. I believe Tink ordered a black tea, and that was served in a pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I was just looking at the tea menu today trying to get a price for my spreadsheet. (again , as if I hadn't already memorized the menu) I can't decide betwee the grand and the Prince's. Hmmmm.... I do love me some port.
Mmm...port. I drool over alcohol so much more during this pregnancy than I ever did during my first. I seriously can't wait for that first drink afterwards.

And of course, my suggestion to not being able to choose is to either get it all or go twice.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #505
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

The tea looks wonderful. After my tea there in December I want to put together a tea set for myself. I'm waffling between a set like at the GF, or a shabby chic mismatched set. I have to say I was a bit disappointed that mine came in the press pot and I didn't get a cute cozy.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #506
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Even without the Grand Floridian stay to look forward to, your beautiful pictures of the tea have convinced me that Chelsea and I still need to do that!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:21 AM   #507
All7OfUs

That's kinda what I"m hoping LeeAnn will do with me. She gets one, I get the other and we share.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #508
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
The tea looks wonderful. After my tea there in December I want to put together a tea set for myself. I'm waffling between a set like at the GF, or a shabby chic mismatched set. I have to say I was a bit disappointed that mine came in the press pot and I didn't get a cute cozy.
That's a tough call that reminds me...somewhere I have a really nice tea set...wherever did I put it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Even without the Grand Floridian stay to look forward to, your beautiful pictures of the tea have convinced me that Chelsea and I still need to do that!
I highly recommend that you still do that. You will have a wonderful time, I'm sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
That's kinda what I"m hoping LeeAnn will do with me. She gets one, I get the other and we share.
The beauty of traveling with friends!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #509
TarzansKat

A Mid Day Break

After we sighed with contentment countless times over tea, it was time to head back to the room for a little mid day break. The Magic Kingdom had evening EMH this evening, and we wanted to be well rested for that. Of course, we were too keyed up to nap really, but we were still able to pass a rather restful afternoon.

Or was it?

I decided to head out and take a walk to Old Port Royale. I wanted to get some soy milk to go with tomorrow morning's cereal, and also, just enjoy the resort. Tink would take her morning walks, but I'd yet to really explore our resort.

It was so beautiful. If I hadn't fallen in love with it already, I certainly did then. Just gorgeous. The lush vegetation, the little hidden areas to sit and watch the world go by. I have beautiful photos, but they're on my other computer, so I'll include those in a separate post.

Now, as I was walking back to our room, I did notice a rather ominous looking sky directly over Jamaica. And by ominous, I mean, oh boy. I remember there being a family on the bridge and the dad remarking on how incredible the sky looked. I offered to take a picture and e-mail it to them, and they thanked me but declined. It really was amazing.

I made it back to the room just in time, as soon as I turned into our door, did it ever start pouring!

And the began the debauchery of our evening with the shot heard round the world.

Thunder and lightening that is.

Although I do believe I was the weenie who sent Tink over to the window to check out how the rain was coming along, so I can't really blame her for the four letter word that came out of her mouth when lightening cracked right in our courtyard.

It scared the beejezus out of me and I wasn't standing next to the window at the time.

Ah, the bond of true friendship. She'd already been through the smell unlike no other eminating from our fridge, and now this. Perhaps that's why I was feeling more indulgent later in the evening. More to come on that.

Tink and I passed the rain filled afternoon with the continuation of our game of rummy...because that's what pirates play...and waited a bit before we ventured out.

By the time we were heading out, I'd say we had a pretty steady drizzle going, not terribly pelting, but enough for me to want to wear a poncho. My companion, however, was not feeling the poncho love.

Actually, Tink had no desire to wear one, and I forced her. I do believe I even ignored her when she told me I didn't need to pack one for her. I knew. She would come over to the dark side. :darth

We headed out bravely, esconced in plasticity. I believe Tink made a few comments about feeling well preserved, and like a giant Ziploc, and then I made the first of the evening's comments that are not fit for the DIS.

It did however, make us laugh and take our minds off the plasticness.

Next Chapter

Last edited by TarzansKat; 03-14-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: