Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #271
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What a perfect dinner! And beaaaaautiful views. The CG food always looks so perfect and amazing - I look forward to a future meal there!!

Oh no...the Biblical return is like Noah, isn't it?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #272
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

All I can say is, "Whoa, Dude!!" I am so goin' there!!! Everything looks so melty in your mouth yummy! Thanks for the menus!! Hope nothing changes too drastically in the next year

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 AM   #273
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Sounds like a great meal at Cali Grill! Thanks for the menu shot. I know it changes all the time, but I always love to peruse menus, and I will be there in 2 months, so it's all the more fun!

BTW, you asked this pages ago, but in terms of the Grey Goose slushie, just think frozen lemonade with a kick They also have the Grand Marnier slushie at the same stand, which is orange-flavored. Never had that, but I've heard it's good too...

You both looked lovely, and those view pictures were fab. Can't wait to hear about the biblical return to the room
Old 08-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #274
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
What a lovely meal!! Everything looks delicious!! Uh-oh, a biblical ending huh? I think I know what's coming up with that!
It was delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
What a perfect dinner! And beaaaaautiful views. The CG food always looks so perfect and amazing - I look forward to a future meal there!!

Oh no...the Biblical return is like Noah, isn't it?
It was absolutely beautiful.

And, the end was certainly beautiful in its own...interesting...way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
All I can say is, "Whoa, Dude!!" I am so goin' there!!! Everything looks so melty in your mouth yummy! Thanks for the menus!! Hope nothing changes too drastically in the next year
It is melt in your mouth yummy. And you know what? Even if it changes, it'll still be fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshClan View Post
Sounds like a great meal at Cali Grill! Thanks for the menu shot. I know it changes all the time, but I always love to peruse menus, and I will be there in 2 months, so it's all the more fun!
You can thank Tink for those shots. She got some really great pictuers with her camera!

Quote:
BTW, you asked this pages ago, but in terms of the Grey Goose slushie, just think frozen lemonade with a kick They also have the Grand Marnier slushie at the same stand, which is orange-flavored. Never had that, but I've heard it's good too...
Oh, thank you! I know people rave about these. I'm really not into orange flavored things, but I think the frozen lemonade with a kick is right up my alley.

Quote:
You both looked lovely, and those view pictures were fab. Can't wait to hear about the biblical return to the room
Thanks. It was definitely...biblical.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #275
maroo
DIS Veteran

First...I got the shirts....and wow. Just wow. I love them. And my office got to see them and are wondering when I am moving - one even looked to see if I had Mickey Ears on my head! She is convinced I am going to grow some.

I told her to look for a tail first!

YUM on the Cali Grill!!! I simply can not wait for Labor Day! We have a reservation before Wishes. But we need to get up there before the sun goes down, and I had not even thought of that.

Did you request a special table?

So...did you have to build an ark? Do you need to know the dimensions of a cubit? We have had 6 straight days of major rain and folks around here are wondering if someone around them is collecting animals two by two.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #276
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
First...I got the shirts....and wow. Just wow. I love them. And my office got to see them and are wondering when I am moving - one even looked to see if I had Mickey Ears on my head! She is convinced I am going to grow some.
AWWWW!!!! I am so glad you got them and you love them!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Quote:
YUM on the Cali Grill!!! I simply can not wait for Labor Day! We have a reservation before Wishes. But we need to get up there before the sun goes down, and I had not even thought of that.
You should head on up and have a cocktail in the lounge first. Very relaxing!

Quote:
Did you request a special table?
Actually, we didn't, we just lucked out on a table for two right at the window. It was fantastic!

Quote:
So...did you have to build an ark? Do you need to know the dimensions of a cubit? We have had 6 straight days of major rain and folks around here are wondering if someone around them is collecting animals two by two.

We've had a lot of rain here too. It's been crazy. I'm taking DS out today because the sun is shining and we're going to take advantage.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #277
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

What a wonderful meal!!!! It all looked so heavenly from the pictures, I am sure that the flavors were even more so!!! I hope you all are able to remain SNAZZY with that Biblical Departure coming up.................

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #278
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I hope you all are able to remain SNAZZY with that Biblical Departure coming up.................

I'm always snazzy.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #279
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Hello, all. Just a quick note to let you know that I am in fact alive, though not in the best shape of my life at the moment. But, ya know, working on it.

I have to say a big thanks to my sweet TK for picking up the slack in the past few chapters and the upcoming ones. I'm hoping by then to be on my feet enough to get back with the program. I've read everything and am completely caught up but I'm a tad too tired to properly add my own flavor at the moment, so look for that in the next day or so.

I hope you're all doing well! I think of my DIS buddies often! I miss you guys.

Oh, and LegoMom...TEXAS?!?! You're going to HAVE to fill me in. Color me officially LOST (NOsmokeydragoncreatureonatimetravellingisland).

Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #280
TarzansKat

It's TINK!!!!

Happy you checked in, hon, if only to say a quick hello. We all love you and look forward to when you can come back with all the vim and vigor and wit we so know and love.

But, please, don't feel pressured. I just get a little excited when you post! There's nothing wrong with taking time for you, my dear.

No thanks necessary, but definitely appreciated! It's a pleasure to write this lovely little trippie.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #281
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Hello, all. Just a quick note to let you know that I am in fact alive, though not in the best shape of my life at the moment. But, ya know, working on it.

I have to say a big thanks to my sweet TK for picking up the slack in the past few chapters and the upcoming ones. I'm hoping by then to be on my feet enough to get back with the program. I've read everything and am completely caught up but I'm a tad too tired to properly add my own flavor at the moment, so look for that in the next day or so.

I hope you're all doing well! I think of my DIS buddies often! I miss you guys.

Oh, and LegoMom...TEXAS?!?! You're going to HAVE to fill me in. Color me officially LOST (NOsmokeydragoncreatureonatimetravellingisland).
I know that reference. I wonder when it's going to start again.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #282
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
I know that reference. I wonder when it's going to start again.
The last season is starting early 2010.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #283
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
The last season is starting early 2010.
Poo.
I do not like how they make us wait until January.

but....I guess it makes the winter a tad more bearable.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #284
TarzansKat

And The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down

Oh, yes my friends.

When last we left...us...Tink and I had finished a fantastic dinner at the California Grill. We were happy. Contented. And oh so relaxed.

But we had noted, with mild amusement, during the course of our delightful dining experience, the skies had continued to darken.

And it's quite possible, I may have even said, "Tink...it's going to open up and pour."

Bummer being right.

No sooner than our dinner was ending than did that very thing happen.

And the rain rain rain came down down down, in rushing, rising, rivlets.

Indeed. Except I didn't see Piglet floating by. But I may, just may have seen a weathered, older gentleman with beautiful white hair furiously building an ark and lining the animals up two by two.

They may have even come from the Animal Kingdom, who can say.

So Tink and I got down to the lobby after some deflightful chit chat with the CM in the elevator, and took one look at the rain and I think we may have collectively thought, "Oh boy."

And I don't mean just rain, folks. I mean monsoon type conditions. Rain that is raining so hard that you can barely see in front of you when you're driving, rain that is raining so hard that it doesn't matter whether or not you have a poncho or an umbrella, you're getting wet.

Does.

Not.

Matter.

And with that in mind, as Tink and I exited the lobby of the Contemporary, I took one look at her and began to speak.

And the conversation was something along these lines.

TK - "Tink?"

Tink - "Yes?"

TK - "You know there is absolutely no way for us to use the bus system without getting absolutely drenched, right?"

Because anything that we could do would involve heading back to the MK, and then bolting it to our bus stop if it wasn't under a covered area, and then having to bolt it back to our village from our bus stop which was soooo very far from our bus stop.

In all reality, it wasn't to bad of a hike, but in the rain, no way.

And before you ask what kind of pansies we are, let me remind you kindly, that we were both dressed in our schnazzy finery. And shoes, that quite frankly, were not made for running. Now if I'd been wearing anything else but that gorgeous green halter dress, I might have gone for it. But no way.

At which point, I said, "Do you want to get a cab?"

Tink heartily agreed. Thank God. She's no fool.

So we made our way to the podium and requested a cab to Caribbean Beach. Again, we are no fools. And we marveled at the amount of rain that was pouring out of the sky, the sheer magnifence of it. It was so, so, so much. I rarely see rain like that, and the last time in Florida, I think was with my Granddad. Sort of fitting considering that we'd toasted the grandparents that afternoon!

Well, eventually, a cab arrived, and we got in.

And no joke...the cabbie had island music playing.

I swear, I looked at Tink, and said, "the music.." and she just nodded and smiled. We were happy, we were contented...it was pouring!!!!

I felt so bad for our cab driver! You could barely see in front of you, and normally I don't feel weird about the whole your cab driver is really a complete stranger that you're trusting thing, but this storm made me feel a little nervous!

Thank god for the island music and the fact that he was so nice.

Eventually, we pulled into Caribbean Beach, and I had an idea.

TK - "Excuse me? Can I ask a favor?"

One of our favorite lines from the trip ever:

Cabbie - "Where you live?"

TK - "Jamaica."

Well that blessed man got us as close to Jamaica as he possibly could. Sadly, our room was not on the outskirts of the village, oh no. And there were definitely some uncovered areas to be negotiated.

In short...Tink and I were going to get wet. And it started when we got out of the cab. There was no choice, no option, it was going to happen.

So we got out and we ran like mad for the nearest covered walkway. Stopped, and I was so confused. I mean, I'd never stayed here before, we'd just checked in that day, and I had no idea where our room really was. Well, thank god for Tink's navigatory capacity, because she had a better idea of where to go than I did.

Now, that brief run in the rain from the cab to the overhang, and we were drenched.

I mean, drenched.

We're walking underneath the covered area near rooms that aren't ours, just watching the rain pouring down, and it's amazing. And I'm having a moment. And it's a good one.

Across a completely open courtyard, Tink points, and says, "I think that's our room."

"You think?" I say.

I believe she said something to the effect that she was going for it, and she ran across that courtyard, getting even more drenched than she already was if that was possible.

Well, heck. What kind of a pirate would I be if I didn't follow her?

I gave a good ole pirate yell (more like a girlie scream) and ran across the courtyard after her. I didn't think it was possible to be any wetter, but it was.

Fortunately, for us, Tink was right. So there we are, standing at our door, near our lovely decorated window, panting, somewhat breathless, completely soaked, and I had never felt so alive in my entire life.

I almost can't put it into words without crying. I have hard time dealing with stress, I always have. And I've had a less than desirable...actually often hostile and extremely degrading...work environment for the past three years now. We won't get into all of it, but it was like in this moment, in the rain, in the dress, in Disney, completely soaked, completely invigorated, finally completely happy to be in a moment, to be alive, to be with Tink, to be who I was and to be so happy.

It was like something in me broke. Something that needed to be released, something that needed to be let go.

And it was wonderful. Wonderful to feel so alive.

I guess it really was sort of biblical now that I think about it.

But enough of my profound musings, and back to the matter at hand.

The fact that before we left, we'd cranked the AC because it had been a bit hot outside, and we wanted a cooler room.

But a cold room when you're soaking wet is no fun.

I looked at Tink.

She looked at me.

I could see it in her eyes. She ran across the courtyard. I had to pirate up and go in the room and turn down the air.

Tink - "I can't do it. I can't go into that cold air."

We're both laughing and smiling and totally drenched, and I opened that door, and that cold air hit me like an artic blast.

It was SO cold. I turned the air a little bit warmer, and then Tink came in. I guess you could say we both took one for the team that evening.

We were laughing so hard. It's that kind of laugh that you have when you've given yourself over to the laughter, when you don't care who hears. It's a good feeling.

We both quickly changed for bed, and when I put on my jams and my slippers, did it feel oh so good.

I took that relaxed opportunity to call my boys and see how they were.

They were watching Transformers. Ah, the testosterone.

And then DS asks me a potentially heartbreaking question.

"You come home to sleep?"

Perhaps the concept of my actually leaving with Auntie Tink hadn't really set in. Maybe he didn't get that I was sleeping somewhere else that night. I basically explained not that night, but soon, and thankfully, my DH was able to distract him and make him laugh over something, and my heart didn't break, only stung a little. But it a good way.

It's only 830pm.

But we're tired.

And we're full.

And we're happy. And shortly...

we're asleep.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #285
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

LOVE it! Even the biblical rain. Isn't it fantastic when with the right person everything is exciting and fun and hysterical? I'm so glad you have that kind of friend in Tink and just think it's super that you "found eachother" here on the DIS. There are good people here.

I can only disagree with you on one point. I, upon seeing rain like that, would have turned myself around and headed to the bar. A sign from the universe, if you will.

Love that you were asleep by 9pm. Too cute. And you totally have me thinking about bringing slippers, by the way!

Can't wait to hear what happens next. Hope it doesn't involve more rain!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: