Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #256
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

SOmeday I will get to the Cali Grill.

Sounds like a lovely evening with a good friend

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 08-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #257
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I was right -- you did head to the California Grill!

What an amazing dinner! Your views, the wine, the entrees, the desserts -- what a nice way to start your dining experiences for the trip!

Now I want to eat there!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #258
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Awesome view from your table!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #259
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
SOmeday I will get to the Cali Grill.

Sounds like a lovely evening with a good friend
It was quite lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I was right -- you did head to the California Grill!

What an amazing dinner! Your views, the wine, the entrees, the desserts -- what a nice way to start your dining experiences for the trip!

Now I want to eat there!
You should eat there! It's wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Awesome view from your table!
I'll never forget it.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #260
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like a lovely and delicious evening. I can't wait to dine there in Sept! Gorgeous view from your table! I didn't notice the sky until you said something. A biblical departure?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #261
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

It sounds like a wonderful night! I love Cali Grill. Such a lovely place to start your vacation.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #262
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I had so forgotten about the California Grille! Those views are totally beautiful! And, TK, you look better than ever!

I need tog o read up on that particular location--wondering if it would not be a good meal for dh and I to take dd10 and leave our youngest two at the childcare at the Poly. (But then, we'd have to figure out what to do with 4 meal credits--maybe breakfast--don't they serve like PBJ at the childcare facilities for dinner?)

Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #263
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Looks like a lovely and delicious evening. I can't wait to dine there in Sept! Gorgeous view from your table! I didn't notice the sky until you said something. A biblical departure?
You'll enjoy it so much.

And yes.

Quite biblical.

I didn't realize that we were going to be channeling Noah and lining up the animals two by two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
It sounds like a wonderful night! I love Cali Grill. Such a lovely place to start your vacation.
It was a great way to start. Relaxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I had so forgotten about the California Grille! Those views are totally beautiful! And, TK, you look better than ever!
I know, I look so gorgeous with my head blocked out, right?

Quote:
I need to go read up on that particular location--wondering if it would not be a good meal for dh and I to take dd10 and leave our youngest two at the childcare at the Poly. (But then, we'd have to figure out what to do with 4 meal credits--maybe breakfast--don't they serve like PBJ at the childcare facilities for dinner?)
I think that your 10 year old would love the view at the very least. I can't remember what the children's menu is like, but I know I really prefer it at all the signature restaurants. So much better than the regular stuff, which can be very repititive. I won't drone on, I promise, it's just one of my pet peeves.

I really do love Citrico's, though. We decided to eat at the California Grill because that had been one of Tink's desires for a long time, so I knew when we planned the trip that had to be one of the ADRs. I'd also eaten at Citrico's on my past two trips, so it was time for a change, but you may want to consider it as well. They are excellent with children.

Anyway, I don't know what they serve at those clubs. We've never used one, although I guess DS is old enough now. Perhaps someone else can chime in?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #265
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
CG is SO on my list for the next trip! At the tippy tippy top!

Your meal sounds heavenly. Well, except for the lamb. Not a lamb fan. DH would be all over it though! What a lovely dinner!!!
The funny thing is that I'm normally not a fan of lamb either.

I actually very rarely eat red meat, but this was divine!
Old 08-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #266
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

We are doing the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we have Yachtsman, Hoop de Doo, Brown Derby, Citricos (on your reccommendation), Cinderella's Royal Table, and California Grille (now) on our list.

With my kids being school age and fully knowledgeable on how to use a cell phone (we'll leave one with them), I think it would be a good idea to take Sweetie to California Grille for a 5:30 meal and then head over to MK at 7:30 for Spectro and Wishes, since Stinky and Boo both are scared of the sound from fireworks.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #267
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
We are doing the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we have Yachtsman, Hoop de Doo, Brown Derby, Citricos (on your reccommendation), Cinderella's Royal Table, and California Grille (now) on our list.
I love Citrico's so much, I recommend it twice. Sorry about that!

You've got some great signature restaurants in there. YUM. YUM.

Quote:
With my kids being school age and fully knowledgeable on how to use a cell phone (we'll leave one with them), I think it would be a good idea to take Sweetie to California Grille for a 5:30 meal and then head over to MK at 7:30 for Spectro and Wishes, since Stinky and Boo both are scared of the sound from fireworks.
That sounds like a really nice evening! I know my son has a hard time with the fireworks too. We'll have to see how he does on this trip, although given that he's sort of giving up nap time, I don't know if he'll even make it to fireworks on any given night.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #268
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great update!!! Your view at the CG was just breathtaking!! I can't wait to dine there in Sept, I'm now really really looking forward to it!!!!!

.....Channeling your inner Noah...well that certainitely sounds interesting!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #269
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great update!!! Your view at the CG was just breathtaking!! I can't wait to dine there in Sept, I'm now really really looking forward to it!!!!!
I know you'll love it!

Quote:
.....Channeling your inner Noah...well that certainitely sounds interesting!!!!
It's going to sound weird, but this biblical event actually contains one of my favorite moments from this trip.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #270
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

What a lovely meal!! Everything looks delicious!! Uh-oh, a biblical ending huh? I think I know what's coming up with that!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: