Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #181
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
That is my kind of check in experience.
Seriously. I think there was zero rushing on this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
Can't wait to hear about dinner. I wonder if there will be more nommy rum-laced beverages?
I'll give you a little, tiny piece of info about din-din. There weren't more nommy rum-laced beverages.
Where we dined called for something a little more upscale.
Something white.
With a vintage.
At $7 a glass.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #182
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Hey, Tink, I can haz a nommy white glaz too?

You know what's funny? Since we got our new cats, dh has started to speak in lolcat, as well. It's really hilarious.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #183
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
When we last left our beautiful, intelligent, impeccably dressed, pirate-loving heroines...

Well, they were consuming rum beverages. Who's surprised?

Quote:
Except for the guy on his cell phone at the table behind us.

He wasn't bothering us in any way, and it wasn't that we were eavesdropping, it just became kind of noticeable that while his family came and went from the table, he was married to his cell phone dealing with what sounded like a big concern. I hate that. I feel bad for people like that. Vacations are meant to be relaxing escapes. It's unfortunate when everyday life comes barging on in. Let's go back to the time when cell phones and Blackberries didn't exist. When your boss, heck, when your PROBLEMS couldn't find you while you sat under an umbrella'd table, enjoying an adult beverage while your kids frolicked in the pool.
I feel bad for the poor guy. I refuse to make myself available to anything work related when I'm vacation. I pretend it just doesn't exist.

Quote:
We were given our room assignment in Jamaica (I warn you, it's dangerous, you start singing 'Kokomo' in your head as soon as you head over) and I did a little seat dance.
You can use the whole song for CBR. Aruba, Jamacia, ohhh

Quote:
Ok, maybe it was by the pool.
Over a bridge.
Through an island.
Over another bridge.
And along a lake.
We went.
That just doesn't sing as well does it?

[QUOTE=Tinkerbellarella;32632058]Hey, you know what? I'm all about visuals. Here, take a look for yourself.

[/tuote]

I like that the most important part of the resort is clearly marked here.

Quote:
The "seating" area. To be honest, once we got our luggage and over the next few days this became the "let's throw it all THERE" area.
I think it's impossible to keep that area neat. I try for the first day or so, and then just give up.

Quote:
But let me tell you something nice about that shower. Where the tub ends on the left there is a shelf. A shelf that held ALL of our collective shower-y things. I heart-ed that shelf. And see the pretty jungle design on the shower wall? Nice. I felt like I was showering in the Amazon. Maybe.
I love that shelf in the bathroom. POFQ has them too, and I'm always left wanting one in my bathroom at home for all my junk.
Quote:
It then took me approximately 6.5 years to decorate our window. Since I apparently couldn't come to terms with the fact that my screenname would, in fact, take up the ENTIRE upper portion of the window.

::sigh::

But no, simply putting TINK would not have sufficed.
Don't blame you. At least it fit!

Quote:
Why you EAT of course!
Can't wait to hear about where!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 07-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #184
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

Great update Tink! I found myself wondering about your migraine. Then I remembered I was getting my reports mixed up!

Have you tried the Grey Goose Slushie in France yet? It's one to add to your list. Hmmm, and I must add the Italian Margarita to mine. Intriguing......
Old 07-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #185
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh! And we took a picture, just for you, that will appear in the next chappie.
Oh, goody!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #186
Tinkerbellarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Hey, Tink, I can haz a nommy white glaz too?
If you want, and if you can find it, you sure as heck can! Believe me, I'll provide you with very specific info. on it.

Quote:
You know what's funny? Since we got our new cats, dh has started to speak in lolcat, as well. It's really hilarious.
Our cats have had "purrsonalities" since I got them and they've gotten stronger since BF moved in a couple of years back, so, we tend not to lolspeak with them, although I do a lot of it on the DIS. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I feel bad for the poor guy. I refuse to make myself available to anything work related when I'm vacation. I pretend it just doesn't exist.
That was my rule for this vacation. Otherwise, because I have remote access, sometimes I get sucked in. I'm getting better about saying no though.

Quote:
You can use the whole song for CBR. Aruba, Jamacia, ohhh
We'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow. THAAAAAT's where we wanna gooooo. Way down to Kokomo.

Ok, now that's stuck in my head.

But that's ok because it replaces Sweet Caroline.
Which replaced Pink's Please Don't Leave Me.
Which replaced Katy Perry's Vegas song.

As you can see I've had stuff stuck in my head all day.

Quote:
I like that the most important part of the resort is clearly marked here.
Well you can see where our priorities lie that afternoon. LOL

Quote:
I think it's impossible to keep that area neat. I try for the first day or so, and then just give up.
I do better on solo trips but I think Kat and I enabled each other to have a sloppy table! HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshClan View Post
Have you tried the Grey Goose Slushie in France yet? It's one to add to your list. Hmmm, and I must add the Italian Margarita to mine. Intriguing......
I've not yet been brave enough to try that slushie, though I've come close on two occasions. If I really had to rate the alcoholic drinks that I've had, the Italian Margarita would be my #1. It's a tad expensive but it's a good size serving and it's SOOOOO worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, goody!
And all I plan on doing is saying, "CP, here is your picture." Because as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #187
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And all I plan on doing is saying, "CP, here is your picture." Because as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
I am so intrigued now to see this picture!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #188
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

OMG, Tink, you have to do a Grey Goose slushie. I didn't get to do one for my June trip--I had the kids basically by myself in Epcot and I did not think it was a good idea to be a lush with the kids. Then again, on second thought--having the kids with a little Grey Goose in me may have been a winning combination. . .

Old 07-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #189
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Love the visual!

And ick on the fridge.... I do hope they cleaned it for the next guest. Did you happen to spy anything in there during the 1.2 seconds you had it open?

A Biblical return, eh? That could be good-like Jesus style, or perhaps more like Noah...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #190
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Your room looks terrific! I have to say, I'm most excited about the shelf by the shower -- that is AWESOME. Should be mandatory in all rooms! Love the window decoration. I have to get myself over to the dollar store!!

Can't wait for more.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #191
Tinkerbellarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am so intrigued now to see this picture!

Quote:
OMG, Tink, you have to do a Grey Goose slushie. I didn't get to do one for my June trip--I had the kids basically by myself in Epcot and I did not think it was a good idea to be a lush with the kids. Then again, on second thought--having the kids with a little Grey Goose in me may have been a winning combination. . .
You read my mind with the last part...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
And ick on the fridge.... I do hope they cleaned it for the next guest. Did you happen to spy anything in there during the 1.2 seconds you had it open?
Actually, the smell took about 5 seconds to hit me full on and the fridge was positively empty - and really clean looking! But didn't feel really cold. That was as far as I got before my failing olfactory lobes required I slam that puppy shut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
A Biblical return, eh? That could be good-like Jesus style, or perhaps more like Noah...
Hehehe. One of those is right on. You don't even KNOW how right on. Wait and see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I have to say, I'm most excited about the shelf by the shower -- that is AWESOME. Should be mandatory in all rooms!
Should be mandatory in my bathroom...though we do use the window sill the same way so what am I complaining about???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Love the window decoration. I have to get myself over to the dollar store!!
Be careful. It can be addictive. You'll find yourself buying stuff just because it's only $1. It's best to go with a list. Like not going grocery shopping when you're hungry. LOL

Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #192
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Those pictures are wonderful........the room is so beautiful!!!! Is that what they consider a Nemo room? I thought I read somewhere that the non-pirate rooms were now considered Nemo rooms........

How close were you to a bus stop??

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #193
Tinkerbellarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Those pictures are wonderful........the room is so beautiful!!!! Is that what they consider a Nemo room? I thought I read somewhere that the non-pirate rooms were now considered Nemo rooms........
Yes, it's a "Nemo" room and you're right, all non-pirate rooms are "Nemo" rooms.

Quote:
How close were you to a bus stop??
Looking at the map that I posted you can see on the bottom-right-ish area the bus icon. That's the nearest bus stop and while it looks far, at the most it's a 2-3 minute walk, if that. And it's a "flat" walk, no hills, across the parking lot(s). The maps really don't do the resort justice. It's all a lot closer than it seems.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #194
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Can I ask a silly question? What makes the Nemo rooms, Nemo? Are there little Hidden Nemos?!?!??!! Your details, scoop, and pictures of CBR, really have me wanting to go there in September.....we will just have to wait and see!!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #195
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
Can I ask a silly question? What makes the Nemo rooms, Nemo? Are there little Hidden Nemos?!?!??!! Your details, scoop, and pictures of CBR, really have me wanting to go there in September.....we will just have to wait and see!!!!!
I hope you don't mind me answering you. I have read that there are Nemos in the bedspread and on the boarder. I have seen pictures too but can't remember where, maybe Heidi has some from her trip. I think that is where she stayed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: