Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
PrincessFendi
Mouseketeer

PV's First Trip: December 12-17, 2009

Hi! We went to Disney December 12-17, 2009. I know it has been MONTHS since our trip, but I will make up or it! I have a lot of pics that I will post.

Introductions:

Me- Amy
I LOVE all things Disney! I am a bit obsessed...okay I am totally obsessed! There is nothing like walking into the Magic Kingdom for the first time on a trip and seeing the castle. Minnie has been my favorite ever since I can remember! Currently I am a graduate student and will finish up in December with my teaching certificate in grades K-6. YAY! Hopefully I will get a job in January so we can afford to go back to WDW!

Patrick (he is "PV")
He owns his own business and plays lead guitar and sings backup vocals in a band. As a child he enjoyed looking thought a Fantasia book his parents had bought him. But that was about the extent of his "Disney Magic".

*Not the best photo-I am not at home and this is all I have for now*

Patrick had NEVER gone to Disney prior to this trip! He was uncertain about the whole "Disney Magic" thing before we went. It took A LOT of convencing and I finally booked the trip in August of 2009 (without COMPLETE permission from PV)! When PV and I first started dating I realized he had never been and I took it upon myself to change that! It might have taken me 3 1/2 years but I finally got my way...we went to Disney! I am now happy to report that he has come around and talks about Disney with me ALL OF THE TIME! He even sits and watches any Disney show that comes on t.v. with me. LOVE IT!

Please feel free to comment!

Last edited by PrincessFendi; 07-24-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
PrincessFendi
Mouseketeer

Day 1

Someone wanted to go with us! Here is a picture of our dog. As soon as I opened up my suitcase she jumped right in. I actually had to get her out so I could start packing!

The night before we left we had to go to my company Christmas party. We finally got home around midnight and I realized that not all of the packing was finished! Patrick had not even started packing! I wanted to wake up (if I could even go to sleep from all of the excitement) and start getting ready around 4:15am. My mom was going to pick us up at 5 am for our 6:50am flight. We live about 20 minutes from the airport and I wanted to arrive with plenty of time to check-in and relax before the flight.

My mom is always late! Well, not this time; she actually arrived early! PV said that she is only on time for flights and anything related to Disney! I was happy to see her...she helped get the morning going because Patrick was not feeling any of my excitment! He is not use to waking up early and could not understand why I was practically jumping off of the walls a 4:30am! hehe

We arrived at the airport with PLENTY of time! We ended up grabbing breakfast and waited for boarding to start. Once we got on the plane we ate our breakfast. The place ride was smooth and we arrived 10 minutes early! WOOHOOO! Here are some pics from the flight to MCO.

This was the first thing I noticed as we were getting on the "monorail" at MCO:

We were not sure where to go once we arrived at the main building. I had read on the boards that we would see signs and possibly people directing us with the big Mickey gloves. Well, no luck on the gloves but we did find signs to put us in the right direction. ME here we come!!!

Checking in with ME and boarding the bus was fast and easy! As soon as we walked out the doors our bus was pulling up! YES! We were the first ones on and only had to wait about 5 minutes before we were on our way. Here we are waiting for the bus to leave.

Before we knew it we were watching the video and driving under the arch. I told Patrick as we were riding under the entrance that he would no go back under the "arch" until we were leaving on Thursday afternoon.

*Sorry the picture is blurry*

Last edited by PrincessFendi; 07-23-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
PrincessFendi
Mouseketeer

In route to POP we had to make 1 stop for a family staying at Caribbean Beach.

Then we were offically on our way to POP!

I had done the on-line check-in and we only had about a 10 minute wait until we were at the counter. Our room was not ready which was not really a surprise since it was only about 11:30 am. The CM told us that housekeeping was cleaning our room and that it should be ready no later than 2:30. We decided to have POP send us a text message saying our room was ready. What were we going to do for the next few hours while we waited for our text message??? Adventure off to a park of course! I let Patrick choose where he wanted to go first and he picked Epcot. We dropped off our luggage and off we went.

Will our room be ready on time? What will Patrick's first Disney experience be like? Did he make the right choice by choosing Epcot??? What will we ride first?

On a side note: we found out we were staying in the 70's building (Big Wheel) and Patrick was excited because he was born in the 70's and LOVED his Big Wheel growing up.

Last edited by PrincessFendi; 12-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: