DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
nblank
Earning My Ears

Dining Guest Coming in Middle of Trip

My sister is planning on coming and staying with us during the middle of our trip for a few days. The problem is I am using developer points and am being told that I will have to pay for dining for her for the entire stay, which will add another $440 to the trip. Any way I can just pay for her 3 day stay for dining? I have been told that if she is registered we either have to pay for dining for all of us or none of us can get it. I would be happy just to pay for her meals but they won't let me add her to the reservation. Any ideas would be appreciated
nblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nblank View Post
My sister is planning on coming and staying with us during the middle of our trip for a few days. The problem is I am using developer points and am being told that I will have to pay for dining for her for the entire stay, which will add another $440 to the trip. Any way I can just pay for her 3 day stay for dining? I have been told that if she is registered we either have to pay for dining for all of us or none of us can get it. I would be happy just to pay for her meals but they won't let me add her to the reservation. Any ideas would be appreciated
It's all or none for the entire LOS for all parties. You could do 2 (or possibly 3) separate reservations but you'd have to check in again and could have to move units. IF the DDP makes sense anyway you might consider asking her to pay for what she would eat and then use the rest of the credits yourself.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Figure out which option will end up being less expesnive: getting DDP for her for the whole say, or just paying OOP for all meals.

My guess---it will be less expensive to just pay as you go.

If you have (or will have) an AP, consider instead the Tables in Wonderland card. It gives you a flat 20% off most any table service bill, including booze.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

We had this identical situation occur to us on our last trip. We ended up buying the DDP for everyone....had LOTS of EXTRA dining credits in the end, for which we used up!
Old 05-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #5
GILL-WDW
Mouseketeer

Splitting the stay up sounds like it is the best solution... It's a pain to change rooms but it may save you some cash. Or you can just use the credits like Dean said and have some really good meals. No matter what it is the Happiest Place on Earth

I noticed this was your first post... Welcome to the boards... Hope to see you back.
Port Orleans Riverside July 2007
Boardwalk Villas March 2008
VWL June 2008
Disney Wonder 3 Night June 2009
VWL June 2009
Vero June 2009
Beach Club Villas June 2010
VWL June 2010
AKL June 2010
SSR June 2011 (No Parks)
VWL June 2012
AKL November 2013
DVC Member (Saratoga Springs) August 2007
GILL-WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

The DDP was not designed to be flexible, it was designed to accommodate Disney cash resort guests who preferred the currently popular all-inclusive type package vacations. The DDP is made available to DVC by an agreement with Disney Travel (CRO) and CRO rules apply. If you are planning t return at any time within the next year, I suggest dropping the DDP from your reservation and having at least one adult in your party by a DVC Discounted Annual Pass. The passholder can then buy a Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card for $75 that will yield 20% on all meals at virtually every Disney operated, and many non-Disney operated, onsite table service restaurants for everyone in your party while dining together on one check. The TIW is also good at counter service location in the Animal Kingdom park and at the food court of value resorts and at Artists' Palette at SSR. It is also good on adult beverages.

An 18% gratuity is added at Table Service and buffet locations.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 05-31-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

I would get the DDP for everyone and do a lot of 2-credit signature restaurant meals!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

A reminder that the DVC Boards do not allow suggestions or recommendations that violate established and published DVC/Disney rules. Several posts have been removed.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
The DDP was not designed to be flexible, it was designed to accommodate Disney cash resort guests who preferred the currently popular all-inclusive type package vacations. The DDP is made available to DVC by an agreement with Disney Travel (CRO) and CRO rules apply. If you are polanning t return at any time within the next year, I suggest dropping the DDP from your reservation and having at leastome adult in your party by a DVC Discounted Annual Pass. The passholder can then buy a Tables in Wonderland (TIW) card for $75 that will uield 20% on all meals at virtually every Disney operated, and many non-Disney operated, onsite table service restaurants for everyone in your party while dining together on one check. The TIW is also good at counter service location in the Animal Kingdom park and at the food court of value resorts and at Artists' Pallete at SSR. It is also good on adult beverages.

An 18% gratuity is added at Table Service and buffet locations.
I didn't know TIW is good at counter service in AK park. Which ones? And also at Artists' Pallette at SSR? I heard it was not. Please confirm or clarify.
Thanks.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #10
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
I didn't know TIW is good at counter service in AK park. Which ones? And also at Artists' Pallette at SSR? I heard it was not. Please confirm or clarify.
Thanks.
TIW is accepted at Pizzafari, Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House and Restaurantosaurus at AK and at Artist's Pallette and Turf Club at SSR.

Here is full information about the program here on the DIS:

Tables in Wonderland

Enjoy!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #11
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

We have done some pretty detailed accounting using both the DDP and the TIW card on seperate trips, and eating OOP using the TIW card came out WAY better financially than the DDP. I would just cancel the DDP for everyone and pay for the TIW card (assuming you are AP holders) and you will be money ahead for sure. Keep in mind that we too like to eat at sit downs and signatures, and that was where we ended up saving most with the TIW card. We prefer to have appetizers instead of desserts, so we would always be paying extra with the DDP anyway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: