Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

dinner at Chefs de France 08/08 & 08/15

Just by chance I had dinner at Chefs two Saturdays in a row.
On 08/06 I made the ADRs for 08/08 & 08/15 (on line). The 08/08 res was for DH and I to celebrate our anniversary. I listed this in the Celebrations info on the ADR celebration.
For grins I thought I would see how much celebrations are read on ADR info. Apparently not since no one said or did anything at Chefs. Not even a mention. Just a regular meal.
That being said the meal on 08/08 was wonderful. DH and I each had the tenderloin. This was our second time in a year or so with ordering the tenderloin. And it was just as good, if not better than I remembered.
I don't want to even see a hint of pink on meat. So I have a tendency not to order steak as my well done usually means pink, bloody or tough to many restaurants. (Except Disney. ) And I normally do not eat that much meat anyway. (I usually take much of my steak home and nuke it for dinner the next day, except at Disney restaurants, where so far I have had great luck.)
The steaks were just perfect. Mine was almost like eating a good roast beef.
As with the last tenderloin I had there, there is no waste. No fat. No gristle. No bone. Just good steak.
This came with potatoes that DH mentioned at least three times how good they were.

Last night I met and dined with a friend (while DH ate counter service in Morocco).
She has special dietary needs and they seemed to be well met. She had the sauteed scallops, mahi mahi and black tiger shrimp served on a skewer (Bouillabaisse), and that looked and smelled pretty darn good. (Think I will have to try that next time.) Instead of potatoes she had the ratatouille, which looked much different than what she was served just over a year ago. But she really liked it.
I had the bleu salad, followed by what I call the mac and cheese. (Gratin de macaroni) It was good. But the mac and cheese is not as good as it was say a few years back. I make a pretty good four cheese pasta, that beats that. (Although it is not cheap to make due to the expensive cheese in it.)

I have half of the mac and cheese in the frig. That's always a plus.

Both times I was seated by a window. And both times the former Adventurer's Club Pamelia/french Canadian maid was Remy's handler. I snapped a photo last night and will post it later.

Great meal, company, service and an ex-AC-er. What could be better? Well, get rid of the rat on a cart and have an AC song. But that ain't gonna happen.
Disney needs to put the colonel in Biergarten, or even on the outside and have the beer drinking song. The colonel would be a great addition.... sigh...
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing, my family loves Chefs de France. We can't wait to eat there in December. My husband wants to eat there 2x (once for lunch and another time for dinner.)

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

The meals sound lovely! Lucky you for getting to go twice in a week!

]
Disney trips:6/2003: All Star Movies;11/2005: Offsite - Vacation Home;10/2009: Offsite - Vacation Home;11/2010: Port Orleans Riverside;11/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge;10/2012 - Beach Club; 10/2013 - Wilderness Lodge/Boardwalk Villas; 2/2014 - Fort Wilderness/Disney Cruise/Contemporary; 4/2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Question Break, Lunch & Dinner times at TS restaurants

Good morning, our families first trip isn't until next year but I have a friend who just planned a last minute trip for the 2nd week in Dec and has asked me to make her ressies so I will get a trial run at how the process work. Now, my question: Where can I find a list of all of the hours of operation for the TS rest? I can't seem to find a complete list. Some are listed and some are not. Will I have to just call directly to ask or what? Any info or links would be helpful

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
KevinW
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! We are going this nov with the free dining plan, but are confused about the appetizers. Did you use the Dining plan? If so are the apps, soups, salad part of the plan if you order al a carte or do you have to order the 3 course meal to get "some" of them? I really love escargot! :D
?? Dolphin, Sept 97 FW 8 days
June 99 FW 11 days, Nov 00 Boardwalk
Aug 02 POFQ, Sept 05 POFQ,WL
June 07 POP, POFQ,
Mar 09 ASMusic, Band week!
Nov 09 POFQ*
May 11 Disney Dream
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: