Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
SaraHyland
Mouseketeer

Cool 50s Prime time Cafe and Sci-fi Dine inn Theater 7/20/09 Milkshakes,pics,videos, <3333

So i decided to review these 2 together since they're the 2 table services we ate at @ Hollywood Studios. Soooo first let's do prime time!!!

This place is wayyyy cool! The atmosphere really does take you back to the 50s!!!! And one of the things i love about this place is that you don't pay for the atmosphere. I consider the prices here cheap!! (we went during lunch).

Our server was Sara H. (wasnt very in character but we didnt mind at all. It was @ 11am right when they opened). But she was still very good!!!!! VERY attentive

I got the Mickeys Bee Bop Drink($6.35) which is just sprite and cherry syrup in a souveneir cup with a light up ice cube. It was great Along with Aunt Liz's fried chicken ($15.89). OMG YOU PEOPLE WEREN'T KIDDIN ABOUT THE CHICKEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!!!! And they give you PLENTY. I subbed the southern greens for corn (just to play it safe) but nexttime ill be more adventurous! There something off about the mashed potatoes and gravy...but it didnt stop me from eating them!! lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhkn1KaHzV0

My boyfriend got a vanilla milkshake ($5.29) Omg it was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well worth what you pay. He said it was the best shake hes ever had. I tried it and i dont even like vanilla but it was fabulous. He had the potroast ($18.01) and it was perfect. Just perfect.

NEXT SCI-FI DINE INN THEATRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went here for dinnner time (6:00pm) and were seated right away. Omg this place is SOOO COOOL!!!!!!!!! And calm and quiet... i loooooooved this place so much...but i wish they'd play more movie clips than cartoons.

I got a chocolate shake ($4.55) and omg...this was without a doubt the 2nd best shake of my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (#1 is baskin robbins ) im pretty sure prime time and sci fi have the same shake recipe. Only difference was that sci-fis wasnt as much as came in a fountain glass. SOOO GOOOD!!! And i got the burger (again played it safe!) which was $13.77 REALLY GREAT BURGER. Soo filling and big! mmmmm

Bhimal got the shrimp pasta ($21.19) which had garlic,spinach,feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes and plenty of shrimp. I ate like 1/2 of his it was soo good! And a lot of people in the restaurant ordered the same dish and seemed to enjoy it! I don't know why this place got such terrible food reviews..i guess it depends on what you order.

And i guess our waiter saw that we were celebrating our anniversary (we were wearing our celebration pins) and he brought us out a free hott fudge sundae!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sprinkles,whipped cream,cherry on top! Ughh soo good, and so nice of him!! (DEFINATELY ASK FOR AJ!!!!!!!!!!)

Overall if i had to pick between the 2 table services to eat at id pick 50s primetime for the food (pretty affordable,more variety,home cooking kind of food) and sci-fi for the atmosphere (loooooooeved being hitchhikers in the back of a red convertable! lol and the "night sky" was just b-e-a-utiful! Both of these are a must-do!!!

Last edited by SaraHyland; 08-03-2009 at 10:02 AM.
SaraHyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
milmore104
My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Great reviews. These are 2 of our favorite place to eat.

milmore104 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
mollies_mum
DIS Veteran

Wow I've not been to either and they both look fantastic! Now on my list for October 2010!
Do you have to get a reservation or did you just turn up?
Thanks for sharing
UK Spending Money Game Player #10
Total so far:£200 from Ebay selling
Total from tin: TBC
£35 from Quidco

September 2006 - All Stars, January 2008 - DLH, October 2011 - AKL, October 2013 Lindfields Villa, September 2014 - DLH, October 2015 - Lindfields Villa...
mollies_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
SaraHyland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies_mum View Post
Wow I've not been to either and they both look fantastic! Now on my list for October 2010!
Do you have to get a reservation or did you just turn up?
Thanks for sharing

i made reservations for both after reading so much about them on the disboards figuring they were sooo popular and im soo glad i did!!!!!!! it was PACKED.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
mollies_mum
DIS Veteran

UK Spending Money Game Player #10
Total so far:£200 from Ebay selling
Total from tin: TBC
£35 from Quidco

September 2006 - All Stars, January 2008 - DLH, October 2011 - AKL, October 2013 Lindfields Villa, September 2014 - DLH, October 2015 - Lindfields Villa...
mollies_mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
JoePa4Ever
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reviews & great pics! Glad you liked 50's - this is one of my favorite places - I love the atmosphere & the pot roast I'm looking forward to trying Sci-Fi for the 1st time this Sept - seems like a really fun place to eat.
September 2008 - Pop Century
September 2009 - Pop Century
September 2010 - Pop Century
April 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
December 2011 - Pop Century
September 2012 - Caribbean Beach
September 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
September 2014 - Caribbean Beach
JoePa4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #7
huey578
Test Track Dummy

"Our server was Sara H. (wasnt very in character but we didnt mind at all. It was @ 11am right when they opened)"
Just curious what would be considered "in character" ? Haven't been to 50s Prime Time but have ressies for upcoming trip. The fried chicken does look very yummy.

WDW Commando Member #201
huey578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
SaraHyland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey578 View Post
"Our server was Sara H. (wasnt very in character but we didnt mind at all. It was @ 11am right when they opened)"
Just curious what would be considered "in character" ? Haven't been to 50s Prime Time but have ressies for upcoming trip. The fried chicken does look very yummy.

Well from what i've read, the waitresses/waiters are suppossed to be family members and yell at you if you have elbows on the tables,and tell you to set the table, and no dessert until you finish your veggies! here are some videos ive found on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfOkfJioQOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvO1Mpur8uk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU99Io4T-aw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciU7_6alas

Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
thinktink99
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information....the pics are fabulous...my DD have ressie's for the 50's Prime Time Cafe on our upcoming trip eeeeekkkk (28 days and counting!) I was all pumped for the Chicken Pot Pie but I just noticed it's only on the lunch menu (and we have dinner ressie's)... does anyone know if you can order the Pot pie at supper??? If not I'll suck it up and likely order the fried chicken but you know how it is when you're looking forward to something! Thanks for any info you can give me on this!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #10
huey578
Test Track Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraHyland View Post
Well from what i've read, the waitresses/waiters are suppossed to be family members and yell at you if you have elbows on the tables,and tell you to set the table, and no dessert until you finish your veggies! here are some videos ive found on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfOkfJioQOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvO1Mpur8uk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU99Io4T-aw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciU7_6alas
Cool, thanks for the info!

WDW Commando Member #201
huey578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
SuzieN
DIS Veteran

These are 2 of my favorite restaurants in WDW!!!!! I don't know why everyone always bashes the restaurants in DHS - these 2 are top-notch in my book and have the coolest restaurant atmosphere in WDW!!!
SuzieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great reviews, we tried Scfi in May and it was fab. Really looking forward to trying prime time
Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
dahall
Mouseketeer

Happy belated Anniversary! You all looked so happy.

What a great review, we couldn't get into prime time for our upcoming Sept trip so are trying Sci-Fi for the first time. Your review got me even more excited, thanks.
dahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #14
loperella
*Sunny Daze*

OMG, this place looks like SO much fun. Now I don't know whether to add a day to my trip or find an ADR to get rid of. Or maybe just do lunch & OOP it.
Oct. 2008 RPR/HRH
Me DH DS (12) DS (14)

loperella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
flamom
DIS Veteran

happy belated anniversary! i really enjoyed your pictures and reviews.we wanted to try sci-fi so badly in june but couldn't get an ADR really want to try it next time and 50's prime time looks good too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: