Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #121
mandysmom
Mouseketeer

Yay! Great report and lot's of beautiful CSR pics!!
We'll be there in 80 days!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:43 AM   #122
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
Woohoo, I'm in at (almost) the beginning! You had me hooked at 80's music and mentioning that there'll be a lot of pictures of food! Can't wait! Great job so far, I like your writing style!
Welcome aboard, Shir Kahn! Lots and lots of food pics to come...I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
awesome pictures!! the room does look good-loved the colors
The room was outstanding. It can be debated that you don't spend a lot of time in your room at Disney anyway....but I know that the time I DO spend in the room, I want to make sure I get plenty of rest. Those beds were worth the price of a moderate, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Great job Alan, I just love your TR's!!!! We may have to try CSR on our next moderate stay.
Thanks, TigerKat! Always a pleasure to have you as a reader!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseynleah View Post
Alan, these pictures are gorgeous!!! I think that someday my family and I may have to check this out...love the new rooms too!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!
For us, there is just something special about Coronado Springs. I am hooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
aw, those pictures of CSR are perfect. Too bad I had to switch from CSR to Pop because it cost $600 per room more. (sigh)
I spent so many weeks researching CSR too. Now I gotta start all over again
Hey, I totally understand. And I really think my family would have enjoyed Pop Century. The kids LOVED the theming and the rooms look cozy. However, once I read that CSR was upgrading to queen beds, I was sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNew2Disney2008 View Post
Alan, love the pics! Your kids look so sweet together - and love them going underwater together at the same time - very cool!
The kids DO look sweet together, don't they? Wish they could get along ALL THE TIME like they do at Disney!! I loved that picture of them going under water at the same time also. That was totally unplanned....just one of those things that siblings do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemythreeC's View Post
Love your update

CSR is just BEAUTIFUL

Cannot wait for more!!!!
More CSR photos in the next installlment. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
Page 8 already! Ack! I have so much to catch up on! Can't wait to follow your trip report! Are you doing a food one as well - its thanks to you I tried California Grill earlier this month for the first time!
Oh, I hope you all enjoyed California Grill as much as we did. I absolutely LOVE that place! There is just something so special about being on the 15th floor of the Contemporary at Disney....makes me feel like a V.I.P.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
All caught up! Just have to tell you how much I agree - we were so disappointed by Stacey this year. She has got all "mature" instead of fun, and all my fave quotes are gone!!! Boo!
Yeah, Stacey was a little "toned down" this year....not quite the excitement level we have experienced in the past. However, this new video does have some cool moments. The entire time we were at Epcot this year, we kept repeating the Stacey line, "Test Track Baby!"

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2009, 01:54 AM   #123
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You really should--it is a great resort. Even Todd likes it!
Seriously, we've stayed seven times, and we can't tear ourselves away from it.
7 times? Wow! I knew you were a huge CSR fan, but I didn't realize you had stayed there 7 times!!! I can see us staying there 7 times at some point as well!!! CSR IS our Disney home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great update, love the all pics. The room looked really nice. This was our first Stacey experience-I guees we watched her too much cause I forgot where we were but there was a woman's voice over a loudspeaker and Cayley yells "quiet Stacey"
Hahahaha....that's hilarious! Cayley has obviously caught the Stacey bug! Some people find her annoying....and I can totally see that....but for the most part I love her enthusiasm, and you can only see her at Disney!! So, if you're watching Stacey, you MUST be in a great place, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wow! The new rooms look beautiful. I really like what hotels are doing now with the plain comforter and then the splash of color either down the middle or across the foot of the bed!

There's a new Stacy show! I can't wait! She's so annoying but I can't look away. I must watch that show a dozen times every vacation.

You are selling me more and more on the resort. It looks beautiful!
I agree, Christine. I love the plain comforter look.....it is very inviting after a long day at the parks.

Yep, there's a new Stacey program. Overall, I really enjoyed the new program...but it is a little toned down from the previous years....and I actually like all the over-excitement from the past year's show! Anyway, there is STILL some classic moments in the new one as well!

Hey, I have no reason to sell anyone on CSR....except that we love it ourselves....but I would recommend CSR to ANYONE, unless you are not physically able to walk long distances. CSR is a HUGE resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Now I'm really intrigued.....
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Got my Margarita....I'm ready. Really love you trip reports. Can't wait for more. Great pictures!
Is that a frozen margarita, or on the rocks? Love mine on the rocks! "Wasted away again...."

Thanks fo the great comments! I hope this will turn out to be a great trip report! Thanks for hanging with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Well at least the rain held off for your first day huh?

Beautiful pictures.
Oh yeah.....there was absolutely NO RAIN on our arrival date. As you can tell from the pictures, there was lots of clouds....but no actual rain! It was just a perfect mid-May day in Central Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdsnynt View Post
Lovin it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Yay, another Team Renfroe trip report!!

I read your last one once it was finished, so I'm glad I'm on time this time to read!! You guys have so much fun! CSR looks great, especially the fancy new rooms!!
Hi AussieAngel! Glad you are on board for this entire trip report!!! I had such a great time putting together last year's report....I could hardly wait to start a new one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandysmom View Post
Yay! Great report and lot's of beautiful CSR pics!!
We'll be there in 80 days!
Thanks, mandysmom! You'll be at CSR in less than 80 days? Well then...I guess you will enjoy some of the pictures we've got coming up!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
Old 05-31-2009, 02:04 AM   #124
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Chapter 6 - Loving life at CSR!

When we last left off, we were swimming at the CSR dig site pool area. On the way back to our room, we took several more pictures.

The clouds look dark, but NO RAIN!!! A perfect day in Central Florida!

This is one I will call "MY LAUGHING PLACE!"

On the way back to our room, we decided to stop off at the quiet pool for one last swim before getting ready to go to dinner!

Coming up next: Getting ready to go to dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and checking out the Wilderness Lodge Resort!

Past trip reports:
Old 05-31-2009, 06:02 AM   #125
acellison
Mouseketeer

Great TR so far! I love that CSR has put Queen size beds in the rooms. Maybe this will be in the future for other mods. Great pictues of the resort and your sweet kiddos
Old 05-31-2009, 06:18 AM   #126
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney

Hi Alan,

Wonderful photos, and the kids look as if they are having a blast! The CSR's landscaping looks just beautiful...

Regards,
Luis
Old 05-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #127
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR!! We just got back on Friday. Got to meet Rosie in Epcot & that was great. Cannot wait to read more of your TR!!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #128
kschafer
DIS Veteran

do your kids really get along as well as they appear in your pictures? They act like the best of friends! LOVING the CSR pics!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 05-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #129
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to hearing what you think of Wilderness Lodge. I've only seen it in pictures and dream about staying there someday. And Whispering Canyon... I can't recall if you ate there last year? Can't wait for a classic Team Renfroe dining review either way!

Old 05-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #130
UsNew2Disney2008
DIS Veteran - who'd rather be at WDW right now!

Alan, loving your pictures! But those skys in the background look so angry!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #131
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hey Alan! All caught up, great job on the report so far.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #132
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Cute hammock pics!
Old 05-31-2009, 04:39 PM   #133
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Waiting for the next installment!! I spent a good part of my weekend reading your first trip report and pre trip report, now come on! My kind of report -- lots of pics and details!

Did I read correctly that this was the first year both your kids went underwater? Is that possible with the water slides and such? How did they not go underwater before? Maybe I misread what you were saying.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR

Last edited by mefordis; 05-31-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:49 PM   #134
ph-mtl
Mouseketeer

Hi Alan,

Really great pics of the resort and also your children. Enoying your TR. cannot wait to read more.

Gail
Old 05-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #135
bucci818
Lover of All Things Disney!

Hi Alan,
Great updates! Your pics of CSR are wonderful! They really make me want to book a trip for next year NOW! Can't wait for more...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: