Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #31
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

that is really unfortunate about the boat line. But the turn down service sure made a welcoming scene when you got to your room. I could just crawl right through my computer screen and right into that bed right now...it looks so comfy

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
Old 05-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #32
mindystar
DIS Veteran

I still remember our first time watching SpectroMagic and how we were behind this family (I was 14, my sisters were 13 and 7) and the mom turns around and starts talking to my mom and before we know it the mom has made her older sons go behind us and let us stand right in front! She had been there many times before so would tell mom when/what to get ready to take pictures. The next time we went I was 17 and we made sure we were there extra early so this time we'd be at the front. Right as it starts we can hear this commotion going on behind us and these two parents are pushing through the sea of people with their little kids and push right up to the front. We let the little girls stand in front of us, and I got the dad shoving his camera right next to me to take pics. There really are people who spread the disney and others who take from it. All that just to mention sorry for the not so great experience during Wishes! but glad it turned out fine in the end.
Ugh, and what fun at the end of a long day to try to take the fast route and then having to take the long one to get back "home."
But don't you just that turndown service! I was telling my mom a few days ago about how I'm looking forward to that again at the end of the day--how it just seems more homey.
Okay, I'll stop babbling, after all it is YOUR tr
1993-CR1996-Poly1997-Offsite1999-CR2002-AKL/Poly 2005-CR Feb 2006 PolyJune 2006-Sister's DFTW Custom Wedding (GF/CR)April 2007-PORDec 2007-Coronado2008-PolyMarch 2009-POR 30 B-day!May/June 2009-Family Vacation -GFJune 2010-CR May/June 2012-Family Vacation-PolyFeb 2013-Princess Half Marathon-POFQ December 2013-Pop Century
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2009, 05:45 AM   #33
loralie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimDis View Post
And that's why I LOVE turndown service. There's something extra special to me about coming in after a long busy day and finding the room ready for night time. Makes me feel like a true

And I bet it helped you completely forget all about that stinky boat line and the wishes people.
This was our first time ever staying at a resort that had turndown service and we loved it. Before we had it and I had just read about it online I thought I would not really care if I had turndown service or not but now I know I love it. It's gonna be hard to stay anywhere else next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
that is really unfortunate about the boat line. But the turn down service sure made a welcoming scene when you got to your room. I could just crawl right through my computer screen and right into that bed right now...it looks so comfy
That would be so cool if we could climb through the computer What an easy way to get back to WDW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindystar View Post
I still remember our first time watching SpectroMagic and how we were behind this family (I was 14, my sisters were 13 and 7) and the mom turns around and starts talking to my mom and before we know it the mom has made her older sons go behind us and let us stand right in front! She had been there many times before so would tell mom when/what to get ready to take pictures. The next time we went I was 17 and we made sure we were there extra early so this time we'd be at the front. Right as it starts we can hear this commotion going on behind us and these two parents are pushing through the sea of people with their little kids and push right up to the front. We let the little girls stand in front of us, and I got the dad shoving his camera right next to me to take pics. There really are people who spread the disney and others who take from it. All that just to mention sorry for the not so great experience during Wishes! but glad it turned out fine in the end.
Ugh, and what fun at the end of a long day to try to take the fast route and then having to take the long one to get back "home."
But don't you just that turndown service! I was telling my mom a few days ago about how I'm looking forward to that again at the end of the day--how it just seems more homey.
Okay, I'll stop babbling, after all it is YOUR tr
That is such a sweet story about the other family that let you go in the front to watch Spectromagic and how the mom was helping your Mom with the pics. That was some nice for you.

I am going to try to post day 2 later on today. Thanks to everyone for reading along. Writing the TR does take some work but it is a lot of fun and it helps with the post vacation blues.

Loralie

Here is a link to my May 2009 Grand Floridian trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2186301

Can't wait to plan more trips to Disney! When you are here the rest of the world just goes away along with all the problems.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #34
loralie
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys,

I am just posting this because I was at the bottom of page 2 and did not want to go to page 3. I have a few errands to do today but the plan is to get day 2 up a little later today. Hang in there with me.

Thanks,

Loralie

Can't wait to plan more trips to Disney! When you are here the rest of the world just goes away along with all the problems.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #35
mindystar
DIS Veteran

I'll look forward to reading the rest of your tr when I get back. You have til June 9--you can do it by then right
No pressure, have fun writing!!!
1993-CR1996-Poly1997-Offsite1999-CR2002-AKL/Poly 2005-CR Feb 2006 PolyJune 2006-Sister's DFTW Custom Wedding (GF/CR)April 2007-PORDec 2007-Coronado2008-PolyMarch 2009-POR 30 B-day!May/June 2009-Family Vacation -GFJune 2010-CR May/June 2012-Family Vacation-PolyFeb 2013-Princess Half Marathon-POFQ December 2013-Pop Century
Old 05-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #36
disneydreamertoo
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR! I followed you over here from the other thread you are posting on! I am very much enjoying your before and after pictures!!! Hope we are going to get more of those--same poses different weight! It is very inspirational. I have 3 boys around your sons ages and am looking forward to seeing how they enjoy Disney. I also have a "been there, done that" kid!

Old 05-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #37
loralie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindystar View Post
I'll look forward to reading the rest of your tr when I get back. You have til June 9--you can do it by then right
No pressure, have fun writing!!!
I will try my best to finish by June 9th but I am not making any promises. You must be so excited the trip is almost here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamertoo View Post
Enjoying your TR! I followed you over here from the other thread you are posting on! I am very much enjoying your before and after pictures!!! Hope we are going to get more of those--same poses different weight! It is very inspirational. I have 3 boys around your sons ages and am looking forward to seeing how they enjoy Disney. I also have a "been there, done that" kid!
Thanks for following me over here. Yes I do have a few more before and after pics that will be in the next few posts coming up. Hopefully you guys will enjoy them. 3 boys must be tough, I know what a handful 2 boys can be. They did enjoy Disney, even my "been there done that" little one....but it was not as exciting for them as when they were younger. That made me a little sad but don't get me wrong, they still had a blast.

Loralie

Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #38
loralie
DIS Veteran

Day 2

Day 2 is here. We woke up this morning early so we can make it to Hollywood Studios by rope drop. Before we left for HS I went to Gasparilla Grill to grab some breakfast for the gang and bring it back to the room. This is not a dining report but I did want to show you a picture of one food item.

This is an apple danish and I had it a few times during the trip and it is so good and fresh and yummy. I them. I know I am showing you before and after pics of how much weight I lost and everything but when I am on vacation I eat what I want and enjoy myself.

So after breakfast we took the bus over to HS. It was EMH and we made it there about 20 min. before rope drop. As soon as I could I walked very fast along with the majority of the crowd over to TSM to get fast passes. Then we went over to Rock N Roller Coaster. I had never been able to ride this ride for different reasons on our other trips and I was determined to ride it this time. My boys are chickens when it comes to the big rides so I was really excited when my DS13 said he wanted to go on with me. We get on the ride and he is screaming that he is so scared. I know I should not laugh but it was so funny. When we first got in the seat and the shoulder harness was on us he kept trying to hold my hand. I kept telling him to hold on to the handles so I had to press my arm against him to make him feel better. He was screaming so much and I was laughing so much. We had the best time. We both loved this ride and I think he will be better on roller coasters because of it. It was one of the best moments of the trip for me.

Here is a pic of me and the boys in front of the big Hat.

After Rock and Roller Coaster we went back over to Toy Story Mania to see how long the standby wait was. It was only 15 min. so we waited and figured we can use our fastpasses later in the day. We LOVED TSM!!! It is such a great family ride that everyone can enjoy.

Here is some pics of us waiting in line for the ride.

You don't mind waiting in line for this ride because there is so many cool things to see. After TSM we went over to do Star Tours and see the Jedi Training show. My DS11 likes Star Wars so this was perfect for him. He was a little disappointed he did not get picked to be in the show but he still enjoyed it.

We decided to go back to TSM and use the fastpass and a wonderful thing happened. We used the fastpasses to get in the fastpass lane but they did not take the tickets from us. So I put them back in my beautiful fanny pack and a little later we used them AGAIN. That's right. We went on TSM 3 times that day.

We did a few more rides and then went over to Pizza Planet for lunch. Our plans for the rest of the day was to go back to the GF and rest and then go to Epcot for dinner at Le Cellier and see the countries at WS. We were feeling alright and decided that we should leave HS and go right over to Epcot now and see WS and then eat dinner at Le Cellier and then call it a night and go back to the resort early so that it what we did.

I will write about Epcot in the next post.

Thanks for reading along,

Loralie

Old 05-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #39
KarBear
DIS Veteran

Great Report

Loralie:
Great Trip Report!!!!!

I'm signing on!!!!!!

Have a Magical Day!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #40
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Great report so far, I love the before & after pics. I followed you over from the weight loss thread & you are truly inspiringto have lost all that weight & kept it off. I lost 55 lbs six years ago & it crept slowly back until I now weigh almost as much as I did then It's alot harder to lose the second time around, but I'm trying my best.

The turndown service sounds heavenly, I need to try that on our next, next trip.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #41
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I love the story of your scared son on RNRC. My 12 year old does the same thing even after riding the coaster three times. He wants to loop his arm through mine AND still hold onto the harness handles. It's just too funny. I know mom's aren't supposed to laugh at those things but we do.

By the way, I hope you'll post your food pictures over on the Disney Food Picture thread. Looking at pictures always helps me decide where and what to eat.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #42
melissatarv
Earning My Ears

Excited about reading the rest of your report!! Ahhhh the Grand Floridian.. always wanted to stay there, but for budget reasons we always end up at the All Stars, but a girl can dream!! LOL! By the way you look great....CONGRATS!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #43
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you had a 15 minute standby wait for TSM. You are the first, and I mean the first, person who has ever posted such a short wait after riding another ride. How lucky for you!

glad you son liked RnR! It's always so scary the first time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-01-2009, 06:18 AM   #44
loralie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarBear View Post
Loralie:
Great Trip Report!!!!!

I'm signing on!!!!!!
Thanks so much for joining me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Great report so far, I love the before & after pics. I followed you over from the weight loss thread & you are truly inspiringto have lost all that weight & kept it off. I lost 55 lbs six years ago & it crept slowly back until I now weigh almost as much as I did then It's alot harder to lose the second time around, but I'm trying my best.

The turndown service sounds heavenly, I need to try that on our next, next trip.
Thanks for the lovely compliments. It is a daily struggle to keep the weight off. I did lose 38 pounds once and gained it all back plus more. This time around I realized that I have to work on it everyday or it can all come back. It stinks that it comes back so much faster than it comes off. Just take it one day at a time and eventually you will make it to your goal. You have done it before and you can do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I love the story of your scared son on RNRC. My 12 year old does the same thing even after riding the coaster three times. He wants to loop his arm through mine AND still hold onto the harness handles. It's just too funny. I know mom's aren't supposed to laugh at those things but we do.

By the way, I hope you'll post your food pictures over on the Disney Food Picture thread. Looking at pictures always helps me decide where and what to eat.
Going on a ride with someone who is scared makes it more fun. even if it is your own child. I am thinking of doing a dining report. I did take some food pics but forgot on some meals so I wont have pics of everything we ate. I love reading the dining reports too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissatarv View Post
Excited about reading the rest of your report!! Ahhhh the Grand Floridian.. always wanted to stay there, but for budget reasons we always end up at the All Stars, but a girl can dream!! LOL! By the way you look great....CONGRATS!!!!
We never thought we would be able to stay at the GF. The buy 4 get 3 deal made it possible. Now I am spoiled and wont want to stay anywhere else. Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can't believe you had a 15 minute standby wait for TSM. You are the first, and I mean the first, person who has ever posted such a short wait after riding another ride. How lucky for you!

glad you son liked RnR! It's always so scary the first time!
I was surprised it was 15 min. after we rode R&R. It was still EMH morning so I guess that's why. We were very lucky they did not take the fast passes and we were able to use them again. TSM is awesome!

Thanks for reading along and posting. I will have the rest of day 2 up later today.

Loralie

Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #45
loralie
DIS Veteran

Day 2 cont.

So when I was here last, I was telling you that the plan was to go to the Grand Floridian to rest during the day, like all the good guide books tell you to do, and then go to Epcot to have dinner at Le Cellier and to see the countries in World Showcase. Well...we kind of reversed that. Instead, we decided to go straight to Epcot, see the countries, then do dinner and then call it an early night since we were up early and we have a busy day planned for day 3.

On our other trips to WDW we never got around to seeing the countries at World Showcase so we made sure to get to it this time. As I said in the beginning, my DS11 was most excited about going to Japan to buy Bakugan toys so we had to make sure we did that.

It was HOT that day and we did not take too many pics. Here is one pic of me and the boys.

and here is one of the boys in the red phone booth

We did do the Kim Possible mission and we had fun with that. We did the one in Germany and when we were done it gave us a list of a few other countries we can do another mission in so we picked Japan since we were going there anyway. If you have the chance to do the Kim Possible mission, do it. It was really hot that day so we used some snack credits to get some icee slushie drinks from the food place in America. We needed those cool drinks on such a hot day. Little did we know that we would be missing that hot weather later in the week, but more on that later.

We walked around the whole WS but felt like we really did not see much. I don't think we get WS too much. Maybe if we liked different kinds of food or if we were into different types of drinks we would have enjoyed it better but for us WS was just alright. After getting DS11 his toys at Japan and doing the Kim Possible mission we went to Canada. We had dinner ADRs at Le Cellier and we were a little early so we watched the Canada movie. DH has friends who live in Canada so he was looking forward to seeing this. It was a cute movie with Martin Short. By this time we were really tired and I was wishing I had listened to the guide books and stuck to my original plan. We were about 45 min. early for our ADR so I asked if we could get in early and they told us they would try but they could not promise anything. Luckily for us we were sitting at a table 15 min. later. We had dinner at Le Cellier on our last trip in 2005 and we loved it then. Before this trip I had read so many bad reviews that I was getting nervous but decided to stick with it and I was so glad we did. This was the best meal of the trip . The food was great, service was great. My DH gave Le Cellier a 10 out of 10.

We decided to head back to the GF after that and take it easy for the night. So the moral of this story is TAKE THE AFTERNOON BREAK! I think we would have been able to do more and enjoy more of WS if we were more rested. Lesson Learned.

Day 3 will be up soon.

Thanks for reading,

Loralie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: