Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

"Mommy, Disney really IS magical!"

disney trip

Last edited by grace&philipsmom; 02-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Day 2

Up early for a 7:10 am reservation at Chef Mickey's. The monorail started at 7:00am so we were about 5-10 minutes late, but they were not too busy and it was not a problem. We all enjoyed Chef Mickey's and DD got a cupcake at the end of her meal, although 2 bites were all she could eat at that hour.

We then headed into Magic Kingdom. I had arranged for a surprise event by Gifts of a Lifetime. I won't get into details, but it was a small scavenger hunt from Tinkerbell to find birthday pixie dust. My daughter felt very special and I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking to plan an extra special event. After our event we did all of the rides in the toontown area, the lines were pretty good. The longest wait was for Dumbo, and that was about 20 minutes.

At noon we headed into Cinderella's castle for lunch with the princesses. My daughter was wearing a custom outfit we had purchased from etsy.com and she received a lot of attention for it, especially from Cinderella who asked her if her friends the mice had made it for her.

As our lunch was nearing the end (after the little wish ceremony), our waiter brought out the chocolate slipper dessert I had pre-ordered. it went over very well, with my daughter enjoying the berries and my Dh enjoying the chocolate slipper.

After lunch we went back to the Polynesian for a swim in the volcano pool, a play on the beach and a rest until dinner.

At 4:30 we set out to the Grand Floridian for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. When Anastasia came out and saw that my daughter was wearing a custom shirt with her picture on it she freaked out and started screaming. DD6 thought that was so amazing and loved the extra attention. When Drizella came over to have her picture taken with DD6, she would only be in the picture if we covered Anastasia's picture on the shirt. As our great dinner came to an end, the waitress brought our the cake I had pre-ordered. it was a chocolate cake with strawberry and custard filling, pink fondant, a hand painted chocolate Tinkerbell topper and lots of flowers. My DD loved it, and if I can figure out how I will post pics.

We went back to our hotel and crashed - exhausted from a perfect day at disneyworld.

Still to come:Pirates and Pals, riding the carpets with a special friend and MNSSHP.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Day 3

Well for our next morning we were scheduled to be as DHS. We had rented a car and we had an 8 pm reservation for Play 'n' Dine so we took the car. I don't know it anyone else has a Dh like this - but mine hates to move the car if he has a really great spot in the lot - like we rent a car to park it?

Anyhow we arrived in plenty of time and had a great breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. The characters came around several times, as the restaurant was not even half full. The food was good too.

We finished breakfast before 9 and hopped in the line for rope drop to head over to TSM. Boy was I glad I had researched here on the disboards, and thank you to everyone who has previously posted about this experience. It was chaos, with pushing and people running and cutting in front of us. We had to wait in line for 25 minutes and we got there at rope drop. Finding the stroller parking was what slowed us down in the end.

After TSM we strolled over to se the Playhouse Disney show, which my 2 year old DS really enjoyed. When we did this last year they released streamers from the ceiling at the end for Minnie's "Party", but I guess they changed it, as this year they only had some leaves and bubbles.

My DD6 decided she wanted to do Tower of Terror. My husband wanted to as well but refused to take her as he thought she would change her mind at the last minute and they would stand in line for nothing. So of course I had to take her. DS2 and DH went of on their own for an ice cream and I did ToT The line was only about 20 minutes. She did the ride and didn't scream once. When we were leaving through the gift shop she wanted to buy something to remember her first time on ToT. As we were paying for her hat, the woman behind the counter told DD she thought she heard her scream. DD replied that it couldn't have been her, as she was too busy shaking to scream.

When we met up with DS and DH after the ride, Dh couldn't believe she did it. He got all excited and said it was his turn to take DD on the ride. Her reply - "no thanks, once was enough, I'm never gonna do that one again!"

We then set out for character meets with Sully, Mike, Mater, McQueen, Buzz and Woody. After grabbing a quick bite at Toy Story Pizza Planet, and letting the kids get tattoos, we went back to the hotel for a rest and swim.

We had dinner reservations for 5:45 at Artist Point. Wilderness Lodge is really nice inside. Artist Point was fantastic. The food and service was really great. We had to get dessert to go however because we were doing the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise, and we had to be at the Contemporary for 7:45.

We had paid for 4 for the Pirates and Pals cruise. My MIL decided she wanted to join us for this, so I tried calling several times for openings, and we checked with the Guest Services desk at the Poly. No luck. Since she had been with us for dinner she decided she would try at the entrance to get a spot. After a few minutes the FABULOUS CMs who work the pirate cruise came back and told her they could get her a spot, but she would be sitting behind us and not on the same bench. No problem. Our entire group loved this experience, and I would be inclined to book it again on our next trip. The CM's really make this a special experience.

Once again after a great disney day we crashed back at the hotel. Disney sleep is always the deepest sleep.

Next up AK
Old 09-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Joining in! Can't wait for the next installment!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #5
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

I figured out how to post pics (thanks to some helpful dissers).

This was the cake we had for my DD's birthday on day 2. We ordered it from the Grand Floridian.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
Joining in! Can't wait for the next installment!
Thanks for joining!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Day 3

Well we had reservations for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch on this morning. The kids really enjoy this breakfast, especially getting the maracas and doing the parade around the restaurant with the characters. After we finished breakfast we set out for Animal Kingdom.

We took the bus to Animal Kingdom and arrived about 15 minutes after rope drop.
Be back later......
Old 09-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Reading along since we are surprising my DD for HER 6th bday in a couple of weeks. That cake is gorgeous. I decided NOT to do a bday cake at 1900 PF because we are going to the WISHES dessert party instead but that cake almost made me regret my decision

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: