Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #76
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

First of all -- WELCOME HOME!!! I know you will love DVC. We bought SSR, then added on AKV and now are thinking of adding on BLT. We have 230 pts but will need more for when my girls are in school and we'll be traveling mostly in summer and we'd like to be able to bring a babysitter or another family with us, so that means a 2BR in our future...

I would {seriously} encourage you to purchase more points ... 160 pts goes VERY fast.

YEAH for DVC!!!

The pic entering WDW looks like it was really crowded. I'm not used to seeing so many cars on the road there. Were the parks crowded?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 PM   #77
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
[COLOR="Blue"] 28 days!!!! Less than a month- Danielle said no to a new bathing suit? Don't you love when the tags and vouchers arrive? It means it's real! Care to share your itinerary?

Did you buy a swimsuit from VS? VS's swimsuits ate the best ever!!! Worth every penny.
I was looking for another bra, not successful. The store was too crowded and I didn't have enough time to try on a bunch. I needed to get home before DH so I could put away my purchases. I don't want to rub it in cause he's not going.

Here's the plane
6/21 we're flying in. I'm getting there via Southwest out of New Orleans. My sister is flying out of Lafayette via Delta. I have a direct flight and she'll get there via a stop in Atlanta. Hopefully we won't be too tired and hit DTD and dinner at Wolf Gang Puck Express.

6/22 Epcot rope drop dinner at Coral Reef.

6/23 Morning Ak, Afternoon HS with dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

6/24 Mk with dinner at 'Ohana

6/25 Danielle's 10th bday. Ak with dinner at 1900 Park Fare

6/26 Back to Epcot Storybook dinning for breakfast and dinner at Biergarten (I really wanted LeCellier)

6/27 Back to MK dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

6/28 last day in the parks. DH with dinner at 50's Prime Time

6/29 we don't fly out until after 4 so we're going to hit DTD and an early lunch at T-Rex.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2009, 11:18 PM   #78
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Yay you started!!!!

Poor kidlets looked so tired...Darn red eye

But am glad to see once you got on the ME Bus, everyone perked right up

You got a great shot of the welcome sign
Old 05-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #79
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Yah you started!!!!

Wonderful update. Sorry about the red eye. I've never done it and I don't think I would do too good either. You do not look haggard at all, just very happy!

Can't wait to read more.

March 02-Movies
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #80
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
First of all -- WELCOME HOME!!! I know you will love DVC. We bought SSR, then added on AKV and now are thinking of adding on BLT. We have 230 pts but will need more for when my girls are in school and we'll be traveling mostly in summer and we'd like to be able to bring a babysitter or another family with us, so that means a 2BR in our future...

I would {seriously} encourage you to purchase more points ... 160 pts goes VERY fast.

YEAH for DVC!!!

The pic entering WDW looks like it was really crowded. I'm not used to seeing so many cars on the road there. Were the parks crowded?

Welcome Home- I love that! I was just thinking about adding points today I spoke with the DVC QA folks about my paperwork, again, because they screwed up some of the info, and she said they could rewrite to add more now because we haven't closed or we could add on a minimum of 25 at another resort at a later date. The possibilities are endless. I was also thinking that with Gabby starting Jr High this fall it might be more difficult for me to be the negligent mom who allows her to miss school for vacation and may have to go during more peak seasons.

Tell me about SSR.......

Isn't the current promo for current owners, buy 100 points and get a "free" 3 days cruise? I would like to score during a great promo. I know we'll need more points. I have spent our current 160 about 50x in my head already!!!

I was a little freaked too but they were doing something for a Danskin race taking place so what was happening in the pic was that the cars were having to merge up ahead so traffic appeared far worse than it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I was looking for another bra, not successful. The store was too crowded and I didn't have enough time to try on a bunch. I needed to get home before DH so I could put away my purchases. I don't want to rub it in cause he's not going.

That's sweet of you. Is he super bummed about not going?

Quote:
Here's the plane
6/21 we're flying in. I'm getting there via Southwest out of New Orleans. My sister is flying out of Lafayette via Delta. I have a direct flight and she'll get there via a stop in Atlanta. Hopefully we won't be too tired and hit DTD and dinner at Wolf Gang Puck Express.

6/22 Epcot rope drop dinner at Coral Reef.

6/23 Morning Ak, Afternoon HS with dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

6/24 Mk with dinner at 'Ohana

6/25 Danielle's 10th bday. Ak with dinner at 1900 Park Fare

6/26 Back to Epcot Storybook dinning for breakfast and dinner at Biergarten (I really wanted LeCellier)

6/27 Back to MK dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

6/28 last day in the parks. DH with dinner at 50's Prime Time

6/29 we don't fly out until after 4 so we're going to hit DTD and an early lunch at T-Rex.

Sounds like a great plan! Biergarten looked SO fun to me!!! 50's looks great too. I love 'Ohana and liked Coral Reef. Haven't been to WCC or LTT but the menu at LTT looks so good and different from the usual park fare. Are these new dining places for you? I bet you DD is over the moon!!! It looks like you have divided your park times pretty evenly. Where are you staying? I don't see it in your siggy but could be missing it.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-24-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #81
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yay you started!!!!

Poor kidlets looked so tired...Darn red eye

But am glad to see once you got on the ME Bus, everyone perked right up

You got a great shot of the welcome sign

The kids were hammered. Taking the red-eye was by far one of the stupidest things I have done as a parent. The recooped well but man, so not worth it.

DH took that photo. He was practically standing to do it. All my nattering about getting that shot may have had something to do with it.

Quote:
Yah you started!!!!

Wonderful update. Sorry about the red eye. I've never done it and I don't think I would do too good either. You do not look haggard at all, just very happy!

Can't wait to read more.

Maybe without the layover it would have been okay but still, I wouldn't do another red-eye even if it was a direct flight. The airplane seats are just too small to get comfy in.

I felt haggered for sure. The bags under my eyes get progressively puffier as the day moves on. You'll see if I find the courage to post those photos.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-24-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #82
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so excited. Down to 28 days. My vouchers and tags came in the week. We spent the day picking up some more stuff for the trip. We hit Walmart, Sams and the Mall. Slowly marking things off my list. I still need to work on the daily itinerary. Tried to get Danielle to buy another bathing suit and she turned me down. She's okay with the new one we got at Justice and her one from last year. She was a good sport while I tried on clothes, even when we hit Victoria Secret. I pre-ordered my photo pass last night. Someone had a code for 15% off, so I only paid $84.95.
Very exciting....tell me about the pre-ordering photo pass, is it something I want to be doing ?????

Quote:
You will love Jenna and her family.

I would love to take advantage of Michael.

Oh I know we'll love Jenna and her sweetie but I'm a tad worried about how they'll react to a bunch of half-daft Scots

You sound set. So D's bro is traveling outside of the Disney magic?

Don't forget the biggies like batteries, medicines, and sunscreen. They charge a small fortune for that kind of stuff.
Tell me about the preferred viewing for Wishes and Illuminations.....

Yep Boyd and Jo uped their vaca from 1week to 2weeks on the condition that they only bought a 1day ticket for MK and a 1day ticket for Universal...obviously it's Big D's gene pool that Boyd's from an not mine. They're staying offsite in a villa and intend to spend most of their time lazing by the pool...until I start organizing them off the face of the planet that is MWAHAHAHA

Those items are on the list and some have been purchase already..you're shocked aren't you

Because we booked through DisneyUK one of the perks is that we can get vouchers for prefered viewing areas to watch Wishes and Illuminations and these have to be booked through WDW...I'll let you know when I come back if they're any good or not(Jo could probably tell you more being as she's the font of all Disney knowledge)
Quote:

Poor babies are SO sleepy

Next stop meeting with dear friends at the OKW!!!!

Can't wait to see OKW and hear about your next adventures
Old 05-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #83
rentayenta

Did I read that correctly? 1 day at MK and 1 at Universal? So they will be there 2 weeks and seeing WDW one day? I guess don't they have children? Are you planning on seeing them that much?

The UK gets all of the good perks! I'll ask Jo when I "see" her. I forget we have a go-to girl!

Oh sweetie they were SO exhausted. Once we got on ME they brightened up.

I am no Photopass expert but it's super cool. There might be a section on the DIS explaining it and I know it's on the official WDW site.

Quote:
Can't wait to see OKW and hear about your next adventures
Me too!!!!

Jenna still has company and Michael comes home today so I don't see an update before tonight at the very earliest. We are having a BBQ later with his parents. His father is a veteran so Memorial Day is quite meaningful for him. He is such a good old dude.

And then it's back to work tomorrow after 18 days.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-25-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #84
rentayenta

Forgot to add

Forgot to add that when we bought DVC we got super FPs too.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #85
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did I read that correctly? 1 day at MK and 1 at Universal? So they will be there 2 weeks and seeing WDW one day? I guess don't they have children? Are you planning on seeing them that much?

The UK gets all of the good perks! I'll ask Jo when I "see" her. I forget we have a go-to girl!

Oh sweetie they were SO exhausted. Once we got on ME they brightened up.

I am no Photopass expert but it's super cool. There might be a section on the DIS explaining it and I know it's on the official WDW site.

[COLOR="deepskyblue"]

Me too!!!!

Jenna still has company and Michael comes home today so I don't see an update before tonight at the very earliest. We are having a BBQ later with his parents. His father is a veteran so Memorial Day is quite meaningful for him. He is such a good old dude.

And then it's back to work tomorrow after 18 days.

Yep just two park tickets, you can just imagine my initial reaction. They said they don't fancy Epcot and I don't think they've even considered MGM or AK . To be fair they are finding money a wee bit tight and I think Jo was desparate to stay for 2weeks and would have agreed to anything so this was the compromise. We will see them for one day at their villa to stay overnight and on Cayla's 4th birthday we're doing Cindy's castle for breakfast and BBB, apart from that we're all going out to Ohanas on 8Aug to celebrate my birthday and they might come and hang out at OKW and DTD with us. They are well aware that we have 14day ultimate tickets and we will be making the most of them so they don't expect us all to hang out loads but I am hoping that we can maybe talk them into another park day if poss.

Hope your bbq goes well and that work isn't too much of a culture shock for you tomorrow
Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 AM   #86
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Yep just two park tickets, you can just imagine my initial reaction. They said they don't fancy Epcot and I don't think they've even considered MGM or AK . To be fair they are finding money a wee bit tight and I think Jo was desparate to stay for 2weeks and would have agreed to anything so this was the compromise. We will see them for one day at their villa to stay overnight and on Cayla's 4th birthday we're doing Cindy's castle for breakfast and BBB, apart from that we're all going out to Ohanas on 8Aug to celebrate my birthday and they might come and hang out at OKW and DTD with us. They are well aware that we have 14day ultimate tickets and we will be making the most of them so they don't expect us all to hang out loads but I am hoping that we can maybe talk them into another park day if poss.

Hope your bbq goes well and that work isn't too much of a culture shock for you tomorrow

I think they will flip when they see MK and end up adding on. I forgot about being able to hang out at the resorts and DTD so that's good. Have they been to WDW before?

You are going to love OKW!!!! Tell me what you booked there.....

Old 05-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #87
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi I am back and on board for this TR !! Will be starting ine soon!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #88
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's sweet of you. Is he super bummed about not going?

Sounds like a great plan! Biergarten looked SO fun to me!!! 50's looks great too. I love 'Ohana and liked Coral Reef. Haven't been to WCC or LTT but the menu at LTT looks so good and different from the usual park fare. Are these new dining places for you? I bet you DD is over the moon!!! It looks like you have divided your park times pretty evenly. Where are you staying? I don't see it in your siggy but could be missing it.
DH would really love to go but it isn't working out with his new job. Of course he didn't want his DD to miss out. We're staying at POP for the 3rd time. When I booked DH was part of the trip and he won't spend anymore than what the value cost while we're still bringing kids.
Some are new some are old. Never been to Biergarten, WCC, 1900 Park Fare or LTT. I was trying to mix it up. We've done Coral Reef, 'Ohana, Storybook Dinning and 50's. I'm bringing my sister and her daughter (just 10 days separate her from Danielle) and they have never been. I love taking someone to Disney for the first time!

March 02-Movies
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #89
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Very exciting....tell me about the pre-ordering photo pass, is it something I want to be doing ?????
If you pre-order the photo pass CD it's cheaper check out this link
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

I think there's such a thing as ordering too early too. Someone said the time limit is 60 days. I'm 27 days out now, plus I'll have 30 days from the end of my trip to upload photos. You have the right to develop all the pictures on the CD. Since DH won't be there to take any pictures of me and DD isn't the greatest photographer yet I think this will be only way you'll be able to tell I went.

March 02-Movies
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #90
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi I am back and on board for this TR !! Will be starting ine soon!!

Hey Rosie! How was the trip? Can't wait to read all about it!

Quote:
DH would really love to go but it isn't working out with his new job. Of course he didn't want his DD to miss out. We're staying at POP for the 3rd time. When I booked DH was part of the trip and he won't spend anymore than what the value cost while we're still bringing kids.
Some are new some are old. Never been to Biergarten, WCC, 1900 Park Fare or LTT. I was trying to mix it up. We've done Coral Reef, 'Ohana, Storybook Dinning and 50's. I'm bringing my sister and her daughter (just 10 days separate her from Danielle) and they have never been. I love taking someone to Disney for the first time!

I the Pop and have always wanted to stay there. I love the theme and colors and big bright Disneyness of it!!!

That's good you'll have an even number so no one has to ride alone- such a mom thing to think. What a total blast you are going to have! Have you started packing? Don't forget your ponchos. How neat to take a first timer. I bet your niece is beside herself!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: