Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #151
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Love the picture of your niece!

I definitely don't want to be around lighting in the sky on a plane but what are you gonna do??

It was great that you guys got to go together!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #152
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthepixiedust View Post
I have no idea what happened with my quotes in the last post, but am WAY too lazy to fix them!

And I cannot figure out what to respond to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Love the picture of your niece!

I definitely don't want to be around lighting in the sky on a plane but what are you gonna do??

It was great that you guys got to go together!

It was great! These are my favorite people to share Disney with!

Love the update Keith. Your new niece is a doll! Love the hair.

Aren't you every child's walking jungle gym? Kids you!!!!

Packing the day of is just silliness, wackiness, craziness!

Lightening even near a plane is no bueno! You are lucky all you got were a few little taps.

Boycott McDonald's? You are so goofy. You look sane but really, it's debatable.

Oh Jenna............................................. ......

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 PM   #153
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

my computer is being "special" today and i can't get the jenna's travels and keith and tracy's day zero links to work, so i'll do it tomorrow. i love technology.

CONGRATS ON DVC!!!!!!! the way you talk about michael reminds me so much of ray. i hope that happens to us one day while we're at disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
We ended up having to spend $75 and of course, the bags don't get RT fare so we got to pay again on the way home. Total 100% racket!
this happened to us on air tran. we paid $55 both ways - $20 for the first bag and $15 for each additional per person and we always had 3 bags to check.

Quote:
I really think though that everyone should wear flip-flops or some sort of slip off sandal when flying. I mean unless you have hideous feet or they smell like butt, the whole untying and tying really holds up the line. I’m just sayin’……………….
i agree! in atlanta they have an area for you to put your shoes/coats back on and not hold up the line but in new york they didn't and it was set up really just....wrong!

i accidentally deleted the image code for the arches but let's just pretend it's still here....

[PICTURE OF THE WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD ARCHES THAT EVERYONE HAS A COW OVER]

YOU'RE THERE, YOU'RE THERE!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #154
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
my computer is being "special" today and i can't get the jenna's travels and keith and tracy's day zero links to work, so i'll do it tomorrow. i love technology.

I double checked the links to make sure it isn't me that's not working.

Quote:
CONGRATS ON DVC!!!!!!! the way you talk about michael reminds me so much of ray. i hope that happens to us one day while we're at disney.

Michael and Ray sound very similar.

Quote:
this happened to us on air tran. we paid $55 both ways - $20 for the first bag and $15 for each additional per person and we always had 3 bags to check.

That is so insane.

Quote:
i agree! in atlanta they have an area for you to put your shoes/coats back on and not hold up the line but in new york they didn't and it was set up really just....wrong!

It's such a total pain in the keister!

Quote:
i accidentally deleted the image code for the arches but let's just pretend it's still here....

[PICTURE OF THE WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD ARCHES THAT EVERYONE HAS A COW OVER]

YOU'RE THERE, YOU'RE THERE!!!!!!

So you didn't love Chinatown? I am so glad you are back. I am sad we didn't meet but loved the pics and texts! Did you post pics yet?

Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #155
jenna
DIS Veteran

Hi guys!

I was all set to post more last night when I walked away from the laptop for 2 minutes & came back to a dead computer.

So guess what I got to buy today........

Sorry to keep everyone waiting! I'll post the rest of my details of that night, but still won't have the pics for another day probably. They are on the other (now dead) computer.

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #156
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Hi guys!

I was all set to post more last night when I walked away from the laptop for 2 minutes & came back to a dead computer.

So guess what I got to buy today........

Sorry to keep everyone waiting! I'll post the rest of my details of that night, but still won't have the pics for another day probably. They are on the other (now dead) computer.

You poor thing. I have the pic of Main St. still.....................

Glad you are back online.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #157
jenna
DIS Veteran

Day -1 (or Day 0) Continued

After getting cleaned up after our LONG drive, we decided to head over to MK for the night. Nate asked if we should drive or just take the bus. Uh, definitely drive in this case. We would probably stay until closing at midnight and the thought of having to wait for a bus wasn't appealing.

So we piled back into the unpacked car. I had packed one separate bag just for the Pop Century stay so we wouldn't have to take all of the suitcases into the room for one night.

It was so good to be back!!! I stopped on Main Street and took in that sweet Disney smell. You know what I mean....the candy shop, the bakery, the warm FL air all mingled together.....pure heaven!

We were all STARVING since we had bypassed lunch and just ate snacks (& Sonic slushies) in the car. The kids were all shouting out their first ride choices....BTMRR for Jon, TTA for Chris (sorry buddy, but that's closed this time) & the Railroad for Emma (I think because it was the 1st one she saw). So Nate & I decided that the first ride of the trip would be Pirates and then we would eat. And guess what? We walked right on Pirates. Zero, zip, nada wait! For as packed Main Street was, I was sure that there would be somewhat of a wait. Could we be so lucky for the rest of the trip?!

After riding we headed over to Peco's Bills for some dinner. Jon & I had pork BBQ sandwichs and Chris & Emma had hamburgers. I think Nate had a bacon double cheeseburger. Mmmmmm for my sandwich! It was delish! Emma wasn't saying mmmmm though. She said her bun was stale. And it really was. I would have taken it back, but she normally doesn't eat the bun anyway so I didn't complain.

With dinner done, we started off for the next ride. Jon was still yammering about riding BTMRR, but Nate told him that we would only do rides that all of us would go on for the first night. Yes, I am a chicken when it comes to "thrill" rides. I even start to have anxiety over the tiny drop in Pirates. I know, I am a freak. We headed for Haunted Mansion, and didn't wait more than 3 minutes to be ushered in. Of course, Emma started with her usual, "I'm scared" routine, even though she's ridden it a gazillion times. It didn't help that there was a group of teenage girls who screamed bloody murder as soon as the lights went out in the stretching room.

After HM, we hit Fantasyland. Of course Peter Pan had a line. It always does! I think it was probably about a 40 minute wait. So we figured we'd check back in with that one. For a second I thought that IASW was closed because they had a partition around the front of it. I think others may have thought the same, because no one was going into it & again we walked right on. I sent Jenny a pic of Small World since I know it's one of her favs! Next up was Philharmagic, Snow White, & then Dumbo.

Now I don't do Dumbo either....heights, around in circles, plus I think I'll get my large behind stuck in that seat, but anyway.....Nate & the kids were in line, waited for two other go-arounds, and then got on. The beauty was, Wishes was starting when they boarded. Nate said it was the coolest thing to be riding with the fireworks going off and a full moon in the background. Of course, I was holding the murse with the camera in it.

We headed over to Buzz after that and as always, Nate beat my score. We have an on-going rivalry with that ride and now with Toy-Story Mania too. (I'm dying laughing thinking about THAT now!) Back over to FL, we rode Pooh, and Snow White again since there was no line. We hopped on the Carousel, all 5 of us took up a row. After that we decided to bit the bullet & wait for Peter Pan. The wait was 30 minutes and it meant it. It was every bit of it, and it was HOT in that line. Wasn't the most pleasant experience, odor-wise. The kids wanted to ride together and Nate & I were to ride behind them. The Cast Member loading us said that all riders had to be 7 or older to ride alone together as Emma was getting in with her brothers. By that time, it was too late to tell him that she was only 5. They were gone. Oops. We decided to call it a night after Peter since Nate & I were pretty beat from our all-nighter the night before. We walked through the castle & out Main Street. I, of course, had to do a little window-shopping on the way out.

It was great to not be waiting for a bus. We drove back over to Pop & promised the kids a quick swim at the Pop's pool in the morning since it was too late tonight. I think I crashed as soon as my head hit the pillow! The next morning Nate took the kids to the bowling pin pool, while I showered, packed our stuff back up & got the kid's clothes ready. Jenny texted me that they had landed and we prepared to meet them at OKW! One thing I had to do first though.....

Jenny had so badly wanted to stay at the Pop & get a tie-dyed cheesecake while she was there. So I headed to the food court & hoped they would have cheesecake out even though it was breakfast. They did! I bought a piece (this was her 40th birthday trip & what's a b-day without a little cake?) and Nate a coffee and met the rest of the gang at the car. Meanwhile Jenny & I were texting as to her proximity to WDW! We drove over to OKW growing all the more excited to see our friends again & parked the car. We walked up to the bus area, and I don't think we waited more than 2 minutes when a Magical Express bus pulled up! We had the camera ready to get some shots of them de-boarding! After lots of hellos & hugs, we headed in to check-in!

Jenny & I headed to the desk, got all of the paperwork, paid the megabucks for the dining plan, got all of our celeberatory pins, and found out our GV was ready! That was exciting!! We could check things out before heading to the park! Nate took all of the kids & drove to the room. We were in building 19. All Jenny & Michael wanted were coffees after their long flight, so I took them over to Goods to Go. We then walked to the room, which wasn't too far away from the Hospitality House, but long enough.

Holy Cow! Was that GV impressive! Really!! Jenny will post her pics that she got before the kids invaded. We started unpacking the car to put the drinks away & get things organized. After that, on to Magic Kingdom...........

Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #158
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
My darling you will have a whole new vocab and no one will understand so who's to say if they're naughty or not
I like that! I call Nate a jobby all of the time & he's clueless!

Quote:
I am sure there will be no disgrace. You haven't met Nate yet
How true!

Quote:
Once Jenna posts her first night after checking in at the Pop, I will continue with what happened after ME and I have fabby photos of our GV and Old Key West!!!

So to recap the trippie thus far: Jenna is arriving Saturday night and we have arrived Sunday morning. Confused?
All posted....well, except for the pics. I hope that is not a theme for our trip reports. Last time you couldn't post your pics, this time I can't. Well, not yet at least.

Quote:
Jenna and Nate can stand me and my filthy mouth, of course cleaned up around the little ones , he is not easily shocked.
He's only shocked by medical issues......did you see him almost pass out when Chloe was giving herself a shot?

Quote:
We are going to DLR next month and will be in WDW in December! I know, I know, I have no right to whine about post-Disney blues!
No whining from you allowed!

Quote:
I think there is no choice but for us to move there Jenna!
Nate was trying to figure up how many points it would take to live there for 6 months out of the year.

Quote:
Sonic is one of my fav things about a road trip to DLR! I love Sonic. I think my last Sonic visit was at Jenny's place!
Like I texted you when we left wdw, I discovered Chic fil a at MCO and fell in love. America has soooooo many cool fast food places that we don't. In n Out too! mmmm! Now I am hungry for stuff I can't have! lololol!
We don't have any of those good fast food places around us either so don't feel too bad. No Sonic, Chick-Fil-A or In & Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
or.... Visit Scotland, the alcohol will kill you before the pigs do!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandForever View Post
My Day Zero - (5/10, Mother's Day)

I figured since we are all growing much, much older waiting for Jenna I would add some sort of post that turns this thread back into something that resembles a Trip Report! lol (just teasing Jenna!) - Jenna and Jenny did their Saturday 5/9, so I'll do my Sunday 5/10.

Coming soon, Day One (5/11)!
Yeah, yeah, I know......I'm slacking! But I had a legit reason!

I love your niece! She is just too precious!!! And that hair!

I would have been freaking out if I was Tracy watching the lightening. I hate flying to begin with & if I had that too worry about too.....(shudders) Great post & we'll catch up to you soon!

Old 05-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #159
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Wow! Some long lost faces are back! Hi Marshay and Trentsmom!

We are going to DLR next month and will be in WDW in December! I know, I know, I have no right to whine about post-Disney blues!

Mine SO do! It is to the point where I dread saying I am going on vacation! lol

Same thing for a studio in December. We booked at our home resort (BCV) at 11 months but when we tried to move it to try something new at just under the 7 month mark, we were told no availability anywhere but SSR.

I think there is no choice but for us to move there Jenna!

Sonic is one of my fav things about a road trip to DLR! I love Sonic. I think my last Sonic visit was at Jenny's place!
Like I texted you when we left wdw, I discovered Chic fil a at MCO and fell in love. America has soooooo many cool fast food places that we don't. In n Out too! mmmm! Now I am hungry for stuff I can't have! lololol!

No, you cannot.

Cool! We will overlap by a few days!

I am slaving too! Well, slaving as much as somebody playing on DISboards can be anyway.....

Hey Tracy..It has been a long time..Good to see you

How cool we over lap..will have to keep my eye open for ya
Old 05-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #160
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

How cool you two got to get on plane together..More fun to travel with a friend for sure

Scary about lightning

I love My Name is Earl..show cracks me up
Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #161
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Sounds like a great day at MK Jenna. You guys sure got a lot covered

Hate when people scream like that in HM..makes it worst for little kids

Can't wait to see some pics of OKW
Old 05-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #162
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Jenna loved your update! You really did get a lot done that night. You're so sweet to bring cheesecake to Jenny. I can't believe what perfect timing you had on your OKW arrival. I can't wait to see pictures.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-28-2009, 08:09 AM   #163
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Day -1 (or Day 0) Continued

It was so good to be back!!! I stopped on Main Street and took in that sweet Disney smell. You know what I mean....the candy shop, the bakery, the warm FL air all mingled together.....pure heaven!

We headed for Haunted Mansion, and didn't wait more than 3 minutes to be ushered in. Of course, Emma started with her usual, "I'm scared" routine, even though she's ridden it a gazillion times. It didn't help that there was a group of teenage girls who screamed bloody murder as soon as the lights went out in the stretching room.

Nate said it was the coolest thing to be riding with the fireworks going off and a full moon in the background.

Jenny had so badly wanted to stay at the Pop & get a tie-dyed cheesecake while she was there. So I headed to the food court & hoped they would have cheesecake out even though it was breakfast. They did!

Holy Cow! Was that GV impressive! Really!! Jenny will post her pics that she got before the kids invaded. We started unpacking the car to put the drinks away & get things organized. After that, on to Magic Kingdom...........

Absolutely YES! You have to take that 'Moment' (ok, sometimes it's just 10 seconds!!) to experience Main Street, USA. This represents all the excitement of Magic Kingdom!!

I used to be one of those 'screaming girls' in Haunted Mansion, just for the fun of it...now I, too, hate that when you have small kids...

Dumbo and Fireworks is REALLY COOL!!

What is tie-dye cheesecake? What flavor or colors and most importantly, did you get a pic?

I'm so excited to see pics of the GV! How far in advance was it reserved?

If we ever do a GV for our family, it would have to be at OKW since it is the cheapest.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #164
rentayenta

Just a super quickie post here. Jenna sent me this via her phone when they got to MK:

I will go back and read but you just have to have a photo of MK for the first time during every trip.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:25 AM   #165
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]So you didn't love Chinatown? I am so glad you are back. I am sad we didn't meet but loved the pics and texts! Did you post pics yet?
no, not yet. i am actually going to do a completely separate TR of our trip and post it over on the community boards and i'm still working on a title. i'll post the link in my december TR. we took WAY too many pictures to be able to narrow it down to just a few to post on my already-in-progress TR!!!

no, i hated chinatown. i'll probably never go back. it was dirty and i just really don't like chaos and that's all it was - pure chaos! i was good for about 20 minutes then i was over it. and we got kicked out of one store for - get this - trying to bargain.....in chinatown!!!!!!!!! i won't give details yet as not to spoil my upcoming TR.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: