Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #136
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Where is everybody? Probably enjoying the sunshine and not slaving away like I am.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 05-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #137
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

Wow! Some long lost faces are back! Hi Marshay and Trentsmom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post

Okay I'm in dozy moo mode, when are you going back Tracy
We are going to DLR next month and will be in WDW in December! I know, I know, I have no right to whine about post-Disney blues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
So do your co-workers give you the "look" when you go all "Disney" on them?
Mine SO do! It is to the point where I dread saying I am going on vacation! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Our next trip is in November and we got in at BLT just over 6 months. However, our priority was to go in December, and that was completely booked at 6+ months. In fact all resorts except for OKW and SSR were booked for early December (1BR)
Same thing for a studio in December. We booked at our home resort (BCV) at 11 months but when we tried to move it to try something new at just under the 7 month mark, we were told no availability anywhere but SSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
I soooooo know how you feel Tracy! It is hitting me hard! It gets worse every time. I think I need DA (Disneyholics Anonymous)!
I think there is no choice but for us to move there Jenna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
We don't have Sonic near us either and we, too, get the commercials! It is torture! There are rumors that one will be coming nearby, but not soon enough for me!
Sonic is one of my fav things about a road trip to DLR! I love Sonic. I think my last Sonic visit was at Jenny's place!
Like I texted you when we left wdw, I discovered Chic fil a at MCO and fell in love. America has soooooo many cool fast food places that we don't. In n Out too! mmmm! Now I am hungry for stuff I can't have! lololol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I cannot use our points in Utah!!!!!
No, you cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Your handle......

It is me, my husband and son. We are staying at All Star Movies from Dec 2nd-8th.

6 day park hopper and will probably do the MVMCP. I did the halloween party last year and that was so much fun. It poured, but still was a blast

I wish I could do more planning, but hard with the ADRS being 90 days now and same with hours.

So at a standstill for now
Cool! We will overlap by a few days!

Quote:
Where is everybody? Probably enjoying the sunshine and not slaving away like I am.
I am slaving too! Well, slaving as much as somebody playing on DISboards can be anyway.....

Last edited by passthepixiedust; 05-27-2009 at 11:56 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #138
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthepixiedust View Post
Wow! Some long lost faces are back! Hi Marshay and Trentsmom!

Same thing for a studio in December. We booked at our home resort (BCV) at 11 months but when we tried to move it to try something new at just under the 7 month mark, we were told no availability anywhere but SSR.
Hey, Tracy!! It has been a while.

Thanks for letting me know about the studios, too. I was really surprised that all the 1BR would be booked in early December...I know this is a popular DVC time to go but I really was hoping to get a room. When they said it was all booked, we just decided to go in Nov instead.

I love BCV!!! That's a great place to "have" to go if all others are full (unlike our SSR, where we own...) We haven't been there yet and we'll only go when all else is booked up!
Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #139
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm slaving away!

I'ld rather be planning.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 05-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #140
rentayenta

Quote:
We are going to DLR next month and will be in WDW in December! I know, I know, I have no right to whine about post-Disney blues!
Yeah, what are you whining about?

Quote:
Mine SO do! It is to the point where I dread saying I am going on vacation! lol

I can't wait to say I am going to Mexico if we go but really, Mexico and Disney are my favorite places to go.

Quote:
No, you cannot.

It would be shameful!!!!

Quote:
I'm slaving away!

I'd rather be planning.

Misery loves company! Your trip is SO close though!!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #141
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=passthepixiedust;32009080]
Quote:

Okay I'm in dozy moo mode, when are you going back Tracy

WHIT?!?!?!?! You'll have done another Disney trip before I even get to my one solitary trip this year that I have been planning for the past 2 years AND you're going to WDW again in December...well you must be just the luckiest girl in the whole wide world Tracy, I no longer have bucket loads of sypathy for you because I'm very very jealous
Old 05-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #142
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't wait to say I am going to Mexico if we go but really, Mexico and Disney are my favorite places to go.
Aye but you've not been to Scotland yet...we don't have as much swine flu here and there's a lot less chance of heatstroke...do you think I could get a job with the Scottish Tourist Board
Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #143
rentayenta

Quote:

WHIT?!?!?!?! You'll have done another Disney trip before I even get to my one solitary trip this year that I have been planning for the past 2 years AND you're going to WDW again in December...well you must be just the luckiest girl in the whole wide world Tracy, I no longer have bucket loads of sypathy for you because I'm very very jealous

I have NO sympathy for her!!!!!!!! None, zero, zip!

Quote:
Aye but you've not been to Scotland yet...we don't have as much swine flu here and there's a lot less chance of heatstroke...do you think I could get a job with the Scottish Tourist Board

They would be LUCKY to have you!!!!! I can see the ad: Less Fevered Flulike Pigs!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #144
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have NO sympathy for her!!!!!!!! None, zero, zip!

They would be LUCKY to have you!!!!! I can see the ad: Less Fevered Flulike Pigs!

or.... Visit Scotland, the alcohol will kill you before the pigs do!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #145
rentayenta

Quote:

Scotland: where liver failure runs free!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #146
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I love BCV!!! That's a great place to "have" to go if all others are full (unlike our SSR, where we own...) We haven't been there yet and we'll only go when all else is booked up!
I adore the Beach Club! But those new SSR treehouses are looking pretty good too!

Quote:
I'm slaving away!

I'ld rather be planning.
Hi!

Quote:
So is Mexico to M like Disney to you? I notice that you guys go there as much as Disney!

Quote:
Keith surprised me with the Jenny trip AND the DLR trip next month! I AM a lucky girl!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Scotland: where liver failure runs free!
You guys slay me!

Last edited by passthepixiedust; 05-27-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #147
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

I have no idea what happened with my quotes in the last post, but am WAY too lazy to fix them!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #148
DisneylandForever
At Walt's in DLP

My Day Zero - (5/10, Mother's Day)

I figured since we are all growing much, much older waiting for Jenna I would add some sort of post that turns this thread back into something that resembles a Trip Report! lol (just teasing Jenna!) - Jenna and Jenny did their Saturday 5/9, so I'll do my Sunday 5/10.

For those of you who don't know, the current situation is Tracy lives in Vancouver and I live in SF, CA. That morning I awoke and decided to pack for my trip, since I was set to leave in a few hours. I wanted to fly into MCO with Tracy so I decided to buy my ticket to leave out of SEA (Seattle) with her, and just buy a ticket from the Bay Area to SEA. It actually wasn't that much more. Anyways, my family was set to have lunch together (for Mom's Day), and since I had to leave around Noon to be there, I had a good 4 hours to pack. It took me 30 minutes. I texted all the mothers in my phone's address book wishing them happy Mother's Day, and went to lunch.

Mom's Day lunch was fun. I have 4, count 'em, 4 beautiful nieces, 1 of them being very new. The older ones really love me and treat me like their walking/talking jungle gym. I of course don't mind. The newest one isn't quite sure who I am yet. Nor is she quite sure what anything is yet, really! We tried to go to this nice spot in the East Bay but it was too crowded. After a few minutes of deliberating, we for some reason decided on a BBQ joint called Armadillo Willie's. It's not a bad spot, but I thought it was an odd choice for Mother's Day. But both my mom and my sister-in-law gave it the green light, so that was good enough for me.

I had probably three plates of chicken, ribs, and corn. We ordered the family platter thing and thanks to me and my brother there was very little leftover. My flight to SEA was set to depart OAK at 6:40p, get there at 8:45p, and our flight to MCO was scheduled to depart at 11:20p I believe. It was getting close to the time I had to leave, so I asked my newest niece if she was going to miss me. She responded with this look:

I took that as a no.

After a great day with my family I was dropped off at OAK (at about 6:10, lol) and breezed through security, making it to my gate at 6:20. They still hadn't boarded yet so I went to the airport gift shop and spent 7 dollars on travel-sized deodorant and contact lens solution. Serves me right for forgetting to hit Target the previous day. I boarded the plane moments later and read a book the entire flight.

I landed in SEA and Tracy arrived just after I did. We met in the security line (I came out to meet her, we had plenty of time), and after getting through I was starving, so I ate some less than tasty airport food. Tracy had already eaten. We spent the subsequent 90 minutes watching My Name is Earl on her iPod. I had never seen it before, and I found it rather hilarious. We boarded the plane just before 11pm and I fell asleep shortly after takeoff.

Roughly an hour or so later I was "gently awakened" by multiple taps on my head. "5 more minutes ma!" was my first response, but once I was able to pry my eyes open, I realized I was on an airplane. I quickly turned to Tracy to discover the motivation behind such insolence. Doe-eyed, she asked me, "Can a plane be struck by lightning?" I looked out the window, which she was right next to, and immediately noticed the brilliant flashes of light. Fixated, I stared at it for a few moments, until I remembered that Tracy had asked me a question. "Yes but it doesn't happen very often, and it doesn't necessarily mean we will explode. Think about it, when's the last time you heard of a plane being struck by lightning?" Answering her question with my question seemed to put her at ease. Not that she was full-blown panicking or anything, but it was hindering her ability to fall asleep, which is an already difficult task for her to achieve on an airplane.

We landed safely and lightning-free in DFW a few hours later. On our layover Tracy ate McDonald's (a company I've been boycotting since the day they put a fry cart in Disneyland -- BTW, my boycott worked, the fry cart is no more), and I had a pretzel. We watched more Earl, only this time on my portable video screen that iPods plug into, and eventually boarded our flight to MCO. We both slept almost the entire second flight, and we landed in Orlando a few minutes early. And since we only brought carry-ons, we headed straight for Disney's Magical Express.

Coming soon, Day One (5/11)!

Last edited by DisneylandForever; 05-27-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: me htae tpyos
Old 05-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #149
passthepixiedust
DIS Veteran

Love the picture, K! She is soooo cute! (as are all of your nieces!)

At first I just thought the lightning was cool. Until we kept going toward it. And then dropped to its level. Then it was no longer cool.

Last edited by passthepixiedust; 05-27-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #150
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the picture, K! She is soooo cute! (as are all of your nieces!)

At first I just thought the lightning was cool. Until we kept going toward it. And then dropped to its level. Then it was no longer cool.
OH dear, I've never thought about lightning hitting the plane. I have a new worry now. Lucky for us our flight will be less that 2 hours.

Thanks for posting your update Keith. You're such a great writer.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: