Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #1411
FLAngie
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip Dona. Kick back, relax and enjoy it!

DH DD12 DD10

Offical Member of the LMT Losers' Club... Uu
FLAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:39 AM   #1412
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Wouldn't you know it my ankle has been bugging me all morning. I think it is just the stress of getting reaady. Off to put on the brace.

Have a great week everyone.
We will miss your presence, but have a great time... and don't worry about what others think if you need to use a wheelchair or anything like that.... their negative thoughts are THEIR problem, not yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Hi all – Well, I finally broke through and lost a pound this week. It still puts me 3 pounds from my lowest, but at least I’m going the right direction now.
Heading in the right direction is a VERY good thing... excellent job. Push hard for the next few weeks and that three pounds will be gone and then you will be back to your lowest and can keep going from there!

Sorry my appearances have been sketchy. Tough to get back into "home" mode after vacation... plus my kids start school on Wednesday, so we are trying to get things in order and enjoy our last few relaxing summer days! Off for haircuts in a bit, but I wanted to jump on and chat.

Has anyone read any of the "news" about white tea being a metabolism booster? I read lots of various articles about diet/weight loss/metabolism/exercise/healthy eating, etc, etc and white tea keeps popping up in places. So I am giving it a try. I bought a box yesterday (sadly, no decaf) and plan on having a cup each morning to see if I notice any difference. I won't be changing my food or exercise routine significantly, so I'll be curious to see if I notice any difference on the scale.

I also read an article in a women's magazine a few weeks ago about drinking V-8 juice at least once a day in addition to following a reduced calorie diet plan to help boost weight loss. Since I don't mind V-8 I gave it a try for about a week... two or three glasses a day .... I lost a few pounds that week that I didn't really count on, so I am encouraged. I bought an off-brand of vegetable juice last week on vacation and didn't really like it, so I didn't drink it every day, but I'm going to continue to drink at least one glass a day for the next few weeks. I don't mind the taste, it is VERY low in points, it is relatively healthy (I mix the low sodium with the high fiber variety), and it does fill me up a bit, so I see no downside. Anyone try this or see this article?

Okay.... here is my QOTD:

What is your favorite color and how many things/what types of things do you own in that color??

My favorite color is PINK. I own loads of pink clothes (mostly t-shirts and blouses and skirts). I don't own much else pink because I am cheap... I didn't get the pink Razor phone a few years ago because it was $50 more than the regular one. I didn't get a pink laptop because it was extra $$ (although we did just buy DD a laptop and I splurged and spent the extra to get her the pink!). I would drive a pink car if it didn't cost extra for the paint job (and if DH wouldn't be totally humiliated driving it!).

I am just drawn to pink, probably because it is a flattering color for me. I was married in a pink gown because I wanted to be different and because I look washed out in white. I do own some pink kitchen tools, but mostly because they were on clearance at Target. I told you I was cheap!......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #1413
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

So I binged yesterday for the first time since I went on plan 100 days ago. I knew it was coming on...I even knew how to stop it (by coming on here) but I chose not to stop it but to binge. I felt awful last night. I think I now know why I felt the urge to binge....1 - people are finally starting to notice my weight loss (I don't know why but this usually leads me to binge) 2 - I got to 100 days on plan. Milestones seem to freak me out. I am back on plan today and hoping I can stay there.

QOTD : I unpack immediately and start laundry!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #1414
FLAngie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
So I binged yesterday for the first time since I went on plan 100 days ago. I knew it was coming on...I even knew how to stop it (by coming on here) but I chose not to stop it but to binge. I felt awful last night. I think I now know why I felt the urge to binge....1 - people are finally starting to notice my weight loss (I don't know why but this usually leads me to binge) 2 - I got to 100 days on plan. Milestones seem to freak me out. I am back on plan today and hoping I can stay there.

I think that we have all been there at one point in time or another. The important thing is that you know what triggers the binge and are back OP today. Let this time be your 'lesson learned' and come talk to us right away as soon as you feel it coming on. Maybe reward yourself when you feel the urge. Buy a new outfit or even lip gloss or something to make you feel good. Celebrate your milestones and make them happy goals, not stressful, you deserve it for working so hard. I can't wait to be OP for 100 days and have people start noticing weight loss. You are an inspiration!

What is your favorite color and how many things/what types of things do you own in that color??
Mine would be blue, although pink is a close second. All my life I have had tons of blue things- I would pick that color every time. After the birth of my two DD's and my mom's breast cancer, I have been slowly converting to lots of pink/pink ribbons.

DH DD12 DD10

Offical Member of the LMT Losers' Club... Uu
FLAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #1415
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Hi all – Well, I finally broke through and lost a pound this week. It still puts me 3 pounds from my lowest, but at least I’m going the right direction now.

LuvBaloo – Where did you get your new laptop? It’s on my list of things to buy, when I finally get a job.
That's great that you broke through and moved in the right direction.
And I got my laptop at Staples (Canada).

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post

Has anyone else read the Five Love Languages books? Apparently there are 5 main ways that people receive love -

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Gifts
3. Acts of Service
4. Quality Time
5. Physical Touch
That sounds interesting. I've never read those, but its in line with some of the dealing with different personalities training I've had a work. Different people are motivated and take direction best in different ways, and its important to use the right style with the right person to get the easiest results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I haven't read anything about white tea or V8 juice. I may try the white tea, but I can't stand V8 juice.
And my favourite colour is blue. I wore metallic royal blue nailpolish on my toes for graduation, wedding, birth of kids. I have many blue shirts, usually a blue toothbrush, my bedroom is all blue (walls are 2-tone dark and light blue, curtains, bedding is dark blue with sun/moon/stars on it). My 2 girls had a light blue cradle, and their baby bedding/curtains was blue (curtains are sky blue with white clouds).

Quote:

That's great that you are able to figure out the reason for the binge, and get right back on plan.
Its really great that people are starting to notice your weightloss, as I recall you saying that you were frustrated a while ago that nobody was noticing.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #1416
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Last Chance for Aug 21st Weigh-Ins :)

Just a friendly reminder that if you've forgotten to send your weight in from last week, you've still got a chance to do it. Depending on my evening, results post will go up tonight or tomorrow morning.

DisneyFam5
Eeyores Butterfly
ibouncetoo
pjlla (actually I think I was supposed to mark you excused)
SeedsLuvDisney
Sneezie
tink1963
Worfiedoodles
yrdlyprincess

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #1417
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

My favorite color is yellow. I actually discovered a few years ago that I like the way I look in yellow. Every spring I plant sunflowers to bring more yellow into my life.

Dessert tonight - sugar free Pistachio pudding. YUM!

disney1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #1418
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
My sister is the same way with colors, except hers is purple. It is surprising how many purple things you can find.

My favorite color is blue. I love all shades of blue. I have a lot of blue clothes. Our house is painted blue and white -- so was our old house. Our old house had blue carpet, floors, countertop, etc. Apparently I got that out of DH's system because now our house is more golds and earth colors.

pjlla, I heard something about green tea being a metabolism boost. It was actually a study by someone reliable and not the tea lobby of someone like that. I don't know whether it has to be hot tea or if iced tea works.

I do like V8 and can always use some more vegetables. I like the Spicy V8 and spike it with tabasco and pepper or other spices.

Neither one of those things can hurt and they might help!

Quote:
to you, Sarah. You've had a tough week so take care of yourself. Wasn't it you last week talking about detours on the road of life? We've all been there.

I love sunflowers, too, disney1990. They seem so happy!

Have a great evening all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #1419
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

I don't know. I always say blue when I'm asked this question but I'm honestly not sure I have a favorite.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #1420
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

I read something about the vegetable juice and the white tea - I think with the white tea, the caffeine is one contributor to the metabolism boost. I don't remember which magazine either - just little blurbs. Maybe Health?

Yesterday I was at the health food store, exchanging some chia seeds - the first package had webs in it. Yuck. I said I wanted and exchange but could I open the package before I took it - sure enough the second package was fine. As I was checking out with a couple of other items, though, the woman in front of me was talking to the cashier (whom she seemed to know) about the "Flat Belly Diet" that Prevention magazine has been touting for at least the past 10 months. For some reason, anything with the word "belly" in it cracks me up. I would like a flat belly as well, please () but am not sure that Monounsaturated Fatty Acids (MUFAs) are really the answer.

My longtime favorite color has been Yellow. I have one yellow shirt because I am a "Summer" and most yellows don't look so good on me. Oh, make that 2 yellow shirts. The Kung Fu uniform's shirt is actually goldenrod.

Really, I have a lot more blue and navy blue and royal blue and denim blue than anything else, though.

Sarah - I also feel a little anxiety about people noticing my weight loss. For me, I think it's that people noticed that I used to look big and now it would be obvious if I were to backslide as well. One of my WWonline friends just posted something on this tonight. She's at goal weight and wrestling with the art of maintenance:

http://community.weightwatchers.com/...blogid=1000358

I'm so impressed that you got right back on plan - that is absolutely huge.

Have a great trip, Donac!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:37 AM   #1421
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone.
Just popping in to say a quick hello, and get some inspiration. We camped for 3 nights at Old orchard beach, and had a great time, though I ate and drank too much. I am up 4 pounds this morning! I did not drink enough water, that's for sure, because I hate dragging myself out of the tent during the middle of the night and treking to the bathrooms. The waves at the beach were amazing. My son is a little fish, and couldn't believe he was in water up to his ankles, and some of the waves were over his head. It was something to see. Sunday, at high tide the beach was closed to swimming, so we went again yesterday on the way home. Tomorrow we are renting a cabin on sebago lake in maine for 4 nights with my brother and family, and I talked to him last night, and they are also trying to eat healthy again, so I should do better. We will be bringing pretty much all our food, so that will help.

The qotd on unpacking, I usually will leave the bags on the floor, and unpack slowly over a few days, but yesterday, I had to get started since were leaving again tomorrow, plus we had some heavy rain sunday night, so I have lots of wet laundry.

My favorite sweet treat is the fiberone oats and chocolate bars, only 2 points, and 9 grams of fiber, and they are very chocolatey.

My fav color is blue, most of my scrubs are blue, and lots of my clothes, my living room furniture, playroom rug. My house colors are the same as when I moved in 5 years ago, but when I need to paint, I'm sure blues will be used.

Thanks Corinnak for coaching this week.

Melanie-I started your trip report, but haven't gotten back to it. It sounds like you've had an amazing time.

Dona- hope you're having a great trip, and taking care of that foot and using a wheelchair if needed.

Lisa- Have a fabulous trip to DL. I bet you can't wait to get there, after having to cancel earlier this summer.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #1422
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

I am very slowly catching up on this thread -- I just wanted to send a big :: to disney1990! I am so sorry for what you are going through with your sister. I know you are glad she is getting the help she needs, but you must be so stressed.

Sending a ton of your way!

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 AM   #1423
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
Yesterday I was at the health food store, exchanging some chia seeds - the first package had webs in it. Yuck. I said I wanted and exchange but could I open the package before I took it - sure enough the second package was fine.
corinnak, I hope that you will forgive my ignorance, but when I see you talking about chia seeds I can't help but think about the chia pet song --ch--ch--cha-chia! Are they the same? What do you use them for?

Thanks for reminding me about Junie B. Jones -- when my son was in the 1st grade they were the only books he brought home from the library -- we should all strive to be a little more free spirited like Junie B. Jones . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Melanie-I started your trip report, but haven't gotten back to it. It sounds like you've had an amazing time.

Dona- hope you're having a great trip, and taking care of that foot and using a wheelchair if needed.

Lisa- Have a fabulous trip to DL. I bet you can't wait to get there, after having to cancel earlier this summer.

Glad you had a good time! Enjoy your trip with your brother and sister. Those vacation pounds don't stick around too long. Thanks for mentioning Melanie's trip report, I will have to check it out.

Thanks for the travel well wishes -- we are excited! I practiced sending a picture from my iPhone so hopefully I can post a pic when I get there.

I will try and pop in later to answer the QOTD.

Have a great, OP day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #1424
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

My favorite color is purple. I actually own quite a few things in purple. I have my wardrobe based on purple and pink, with staples (pants, skirts, jackets, etc.) in black and grey. I throw in some cream, and I have plenty to mix and match. I am a "Spring" with dark coloring, so I'm an oddity!

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #1425
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Thanks Corinnak for coaching this week.

Oops - It's Pam (pjlla) coaching this week, not me. I'm just here enjoying her QOTD's!

Lisa - They are the SAME seeds as you'd use to grow a chia pet. Apparently the sprouts are also good, but the seeds are full of Omega 3's, fiber and also, strangely, they theoretically keep you feeling fuller, too. They don't taste like much but crunchy, though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: