Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #1396
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

QOTD: What one thing do you like to eat when you want something sweet that is fairly good for you, but still fills that "sweet" spot?
I cut up a banana in a bowl, drizzle chocolate syrup over it and top with either some wheat germ or a small handful of peanuts.
I also like fudge pops in the summer - the ones I have are 45 cals. Not nutritious, but they are pretty low cal.
I make my own popsicles too. Puree watermelon in a food processor or blender and strain. Pour into molds. The flavor ends up being really light with only watermelon, but you could add other fruits or juices for more of a typical popsicle.

Lisa - We bought a small resale contract at Vero - but we'll probably use it mostly at WDW. I know, I know, that goes against most DISer advice to buy where you want to stay. But at $59/pt for a loaded contract we could afford without financing? We'll take the risk of having to stay at a non-favorite WDW DVC resort. And we are already planning an add on - had the addonitis before we closed on this one! That's the benefit of the small initial contract, we *need* more points. For our add-on(s) we'll actually buy a resort at WDW.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #1397
sskem96
DIS Veteran

QOTD: I usually eat some strawberries dipped in a little bit of sugar, or some sugar-free chocolate pudding with fat-free Cool Whip on top. You can also layer the pudding and Cool Whip with a WW 1-pt snack cake for a yummy pudding parfait.

We went to Chili's for lunch and I had a 1/2 turkey sandwich, side salad with FF honey mustard dressing, and corn on the cob. I haven't gone to their site yet to figure out the points, but at least I avoided eating anything fried!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #1398
sskem96
DIS Veteran

Yikes! I just checked my Chili's meal. 12 points for 1/2 turkey sandwich, 5 points for a side salad, and 3 points for corn on the cob, plus add a point for the FF dressing=21 points! Here I thought I was being good! I suppose there's some butter involved in grilling the bun, regular cheese, and regular mayo. I'm to used to using my Hellman's Reduced Fat mayo at home that I didn't even think ask them to leave off the mayo! I guess I'm dipping into my weekly allowance points this week.

It could have been worse. The meal my husband got came out to 47 points! He thinks their nutritional info has to be wrong. Can each of those tiny little chicken sandwiches have 25g of fat? It says 4 of them are 1490 cal and 100g of fat, and he had mashed potatoes for his side. I had to go to the WW site to use their points calculator because my slide doesn't even go that high! He's always been thin and isn't on WW, but I had to figure it out just for fun when I saw those numbers!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #1399
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Hey guys - just checking in.

I'm STILL here at WDW, it's really feeling like we have been here forever now, lol. I was doing well with feeling like I wasn't gaining weight until the Free Dining started. I felt ok until a few days ago and my shorts are now a little tighter and I am really overdoing it on the desserts (too many snack credits, desserts with counter service and holy cow the desserts at dinner.
This madness needs to stop I am NOT used to eating like this. We've been here for over 2 weeks now and holy cow I can't wait to get home and diet again. Tomorrow night is Boma -why did I schedule my favorite for the end of the trip.

So I'll do my best to get through the next few days and then get back on track once I get home. I should do ok in Vegas over labor day because my mom is watching what she is eating now. I have her Sparkpeople'ing it now
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #1400
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Lisa - We bought a small resale contract at Vero - but we'll probably use it mostly at WDW. I know, I know, that goes against most DISer advice to buy where you want to stay. But at $59/pt for a loaded contract we could afford without financing? We'll take the risk of having to stay at a non-favorite WDW DVC resort. And we are already planning an add on - had the addonitis before we closed on this one! That's the benefit of the small initial contract, we *need* more points. For our add-on(s) we'll actually buy a resort at WDW.
DS and I used to make our own popsicles from orange juice in ice cube trays. They were the perfect size for him when he was little.

Your DVC deal sounds great! It sounds like you have realistic expections of how your points can be used at WDW and think of all the great places you can try. I've heard Vero Beach is a nice place, too. It wouldn't be too bad to spend a day or two at the beach . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
Yikes! I just checked my Chili's meal. 12 points for 1/2 turkey sandwich, 5 points for a side salad, and 3 points for corn on the cob, plus add a point for the FF dressing=21 points!
Isn't that amazing?!? This is an example of why it pays to know what is going on, even when the news is bad. One meal like this every once in awhile isn't going to do too much damage but if you ate it every day for lunch, it could get ugly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Hey guys - just checking in.

I'm STILL here at WDW, it's really feeling like we have been here forever now, lol. I was doing well with feeling like I wasn't gaining weight until the Free Dining started. I felt ok until a few days ago and my shorts are now a little tighter and I am really overdoing it on the desserts (too many snack credits, desserts with counter service and holy cow the desserts at dinner.
This madness needs to stop I am NOT used to eating like this. We've been here for over 2 weeks now and holy cow I can't wait to get home and diet again. Tomorrow night is Boma -why did I schedule my favorite for the end of the trip.

So I'll do my best to get through the next few days and then get back on track once I get home. I should do ok in Vegas over labor day because my mom is watching what she is eating now. I have her Sparkpeople'ing it now
Glad that you are having a great time! Have a safe trip home.

donac, have a wonderful time on your WDW trip this week, too.

It is going to be a busy couple of days here packing and getting ready for our DL trip. DS' summer camp ended so we will also be doing a combination of tag team and having him come to the office for a couple of hours each day. He likes to watch the old shows on hulu.com!

Have a great, OP day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #1401
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Yes I leave tomorrow afternoon and bedtime I will be in POFQ.

Ever since the weather got hot and humid here in jersey my foot has been swelling. The doctor says this is normal but it has me down. I may have to rent a wheelchair while I am down there. Dh wants me to bring the ugly boot so people don't give me dirty looks when I get up and walk. I don't know what I am going to do.

GOod luck everyone. Keep up the hard work.

Melanie have a safe trip home.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #1402
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Good Sunday Morning!!

It looks like I am coaching this week (at least until Thursday). Sorry I haven't been around AT ALL lately. I took my laptop on vacation last week and the first day I tried to use it I noticed that my charging cord was broken. Since we were deep in the northern wilds of Maine, I wasn't in a position to replace it. But here I am, back again!

Since I am just returning from vacation, my QOTD will be vacation oriented. Here goes..

When you return home from a vacation, do you unpack immediately and put things away and start the laundry, or do you let it sit a day (or two) while you get back into "normal" mode??

I usually unpack immediately. I can't stand the thought of waking up the next day and seeing that stuff waiting for me. If I am really tired or if it is late, I will usually at least unload the suitcases and put the stuff on top of the dresser and bathroom counters. Yesterday I unpacked it ALL (except for DH's suitcase and DD's suitcase... they can be responsible for themselves), even all of the scrapbooking supplies I brought along. It was so GREAT to wake up this morning and not have that hanging over me!!

On a more WISH-related topic.... I had a really tough time with my eating last week on family vacation. I started the week well... measuring, counting, and keeping my food journal faithfully. By Wednesday I had stopped journaling, by Thursday I had stopped counting and measuring. But I kept up my exercise EVERY DAY, so I didn't completely lose my mind!! I did hop on the scale this morning and had a moderate gain, which made me sad because I had hit a new low number the Friday before we left.... but I know that I will see that number again within the next week or so.... and what a grand number it was.... I am closing in on getting a new number in the "tens" place!!

Again, so sorry I haven't been around lately. I will take the time later today (after I buy a new laptop cord!) to catch up on what has been going on and how every one has been doing..............................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #1403
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain

When you return home from a vacation, do you unpack immediately and put things away and start the laundry, or do you let it sit a day (or two) while you get back into "normal" mode??

If dh and I are sharing a suitcase then it gets unpacked immediately since he would do it. If we are not then his is done right away and mine is done a day later.

He should be getting back in a few hours from a camping trip. We have the washer and dryer all cleaned out so he can just throw his stuff in when he gets home. Then he has to pack for our vacation tomorrow. But then again so do I. It is only for 4 days so it won't be so bad.

Welcome back pjilla
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
Old 08-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #1404
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Yes I leave tomorrow afternoon and bedtime I will be in POFQ.

Ever since the weather got hot and humid here in jersey my foot has been swelling. The doctor says this is normal but it has me down. I may have to rent a wheelchair while I am down there. Dh wants me to bring the ugly boot so people don't give me dirty looks when I get up and walk. I don't know what I am going to do.

GOod luck everyone. Keep up the hard work.

Melanie have a safe trip home.
Is there something else less heavy and ugly you could use to avoid the dirty looks? Maybe gauze or an ace bandage or something cooler? I am sorry that your foot is still swollen. I think some pool time at WDW is just what you need. Have a wonderful time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a nice time.

Oh great, I get to be the first one to confess that we put our suitcases on the family room floor and if we are lucky everything is put away in a day or two but it can be as long as a week.

I'm off to watch Wishes on a webcam from BLT to get myself in the Disney spirit.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #1405
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

I didn't get on yesterday, but I'm back today. Yesterday was a day of shopping including buying my own laptop! The keyboard has a couple extra keys which are messing me up a little since they are right by the shift and enter keys.

Welcome back pjlla! Thanks for being the coach!

Now to answer the QOTD's
So here's today's question - What one thing do you like to eat when you want something sweet that is fairly good for you, but still fills that "sweet" spot?

sometimes I'll satisfy it with a red or yellow bell pepper. Sometimes I'll satisfy it with a class of milk and a spoonful of peanut butter.

definitely most of it sits, some of the essentials come out right away because they are needed, but the rest will usually end up waiting. We typically get home late the night before we have to return to work, and so things get left until the following weekend.

sskem - isn't food in restaurants deceptive. Even something that seems the same as you would have at home, has a lot more calories.

corinnak - that dessert looks yummy!

donac - have a great trip! would an ankle wrap be visible and eliminate the dirty looks while providing some support to your foot?

I still have to install excel onto my new computer and then I'll get all the weigh-in PM's opened and entered! Should be back tomorrow with the reminder email.

I usually unpack immediately. I can't stand the thought of waking up the next day and seeing that stuff waiting for me. If I am really tired or if it is late, I will usually at least unload the suitcases and put the stuff on top of the dresser and bathroom counters. Yesterday I unpacked it ALL (except for DH's suitcase and DD's suitcase... they can be responsible for themselves), even all of the scrapbooking supplies I brought along. It was so GREAT to wake up this morning and not have that hanging over me!!

On a more WISH-related topic.... I had a really tough time with my eating last week on family vacation. I started the week well... measuring, counting, and keeping my food journal faithfully. By Wednesday I had stopped journaling, by Thursday I had stopped counting and measuring. But I kept up my exercise EVERY DAY, so I didn't completely lose my mind!! I did hop on the scale this morning and had a moderate gain, which made me sad because I had hit a new low number the Friday before we left.... but I know that I will see that number again within the next week or so.... and what a grand number it was.... I am closing in on getting a new number in the "tens" place!!

Again, so sorry I haven't been around lately. I will take the time later today (after I buy a new laptop cord!) to catch up on what has been going on and how every one has been doing..............................P[/QUOTE]

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #1406
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Hi all – Well, I finally broke through and lost a pound this week. It still puts me 3 pounds from my lowest, but at least I’m going the right direction now.

corinnak – Yum – That looks soooo good. I will have to try it.

mikamah – Glad to see that Hurricane Bill didn’t come ashore where you are.

princessbride6205 – Thank you for coaching.

sskem96 – Yes, restaurant food very often not is good for us as we think it is.

MelanieC – Wow, 2 weeks in Disney – welcome back to the real world. I love Boma!

donac – Have fun at Disney! I hope your foot doesn’t cause you too much trouble on your trip.

pjlla – Thank you for coaching this week.

LuvBaloo – Where did you get your new laptop? It’s on my list of things to buy, when I finally get a job.

My DH insist that we unpack everything right away. So all the suitcases get unpacked and the laundry gets started immediately.

QOTD: What is the one thing that you can do to show your family how much you care about them?

I agree that taking of yourself is the 1st thing you have to do. It’s like they say, put the oxygen mask on yourself first and then help others. If you don’t and something happens to you, then you can’t help anybody.

disney1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #1407
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Oh it usually sits. While on the plane home, I always have visions of unpacking right away - but that rarely happens.
I am the queen of starting to unpack, but then the last few items sit in the suitcase on our bedroom floor for 1-3 weeks.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #1408
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

I'm the worst - It can take a long time for me to get unpacked. Part of it is that my drawers are so full, it's not easy to put things away. I really need a clean-outt, but I have such a hard time getting rid of things. Even things that are now too big, it's hard to let them go. I know I should because then there will be room for the "new me" clothes, but the trouble is that I've been down this road before and deep down, I wonder if I am going to backslide again. Part of me says "no way" but part of me says "how do you really know you won't relapse." I think I have to move forward with the belief that it is in my power not to relapse, it is harder to fully relapse if you don't have bigger clothes waiting, and finally, cliche as it sounds, things really are different this time. Something in me is different from the times I've lost and gained back.

Wow - that was a lot of stuff from a question on unpacking! It was on my mind anyway, I guess.

QOTD: What is the one thing that you can do to show your family how much you care about them?

Has anyone else read the Five Love Languages books? Apparently there are 5 main ways that people receive love -

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Gifts
3. Acts of Service
4. Quality Time
5. Physical Touch

And the idea is that it is important to show a person love in the way in which they most easily perceive and receive it. Not to say that you shouldn't do a little of all of these. It may be, though, that my natural way of showing love is Words of Affirmation, but if my DH is an "Acts of Service" guy, all my talking and talking about how special he is to me doesn't get the point across as swiftly as if I make him a surprise cup of tea or hang up his shirts.

My older son is a "words of affirmation" kid. My younger son, I need to go through the quiz again now that he's a little older. I think he may also be an acts of service guy, like his dad.

My kids love it when we read to them. My boys are 4 1/2 years apart, so it's been a challenge to read to them together, as they've been at such different developmental levels, but lately it seems they're able to enjoy a lot of the same books read aloud. It's funny, they still each have "their" book for me to read, and we read a little of each every night. Currently, it's the Junie B. First Grader series for my 6 year old and my 10 year old is enjoying the Mysterious Benedict Society.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #1409
FLAngie
DIS Veteran

Wow! It seems like there are so many people here heading out or back from Disney right now! Wish I could be there too....and I am only 45 min. away from the mouse.

I unpack and get most, if not all, the laundry washed and put away on the day we arrive home. There are a few times that we get home really late and it has to wait until the next day, but it all gets done then and the suit cases into the attic. I hate clutter and am really bothered when I see the bags just sitting there. Now if I could only do the same thing with the girls messy rooms.........

DH DD12 DD10

Offical Member of the LMT Losers' Club... Uu
FLAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #1410
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain

Thanks guys for all the support this summer. I am off in a few hours.

Wouldn't you know it my ankle has been bugging me all morning. I think it is just the stress of getting reaady. Off to put on the brace.

Have a great week everyone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: