facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #841
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
Lisa -- Do you live in Marceline? I went to Truman State, and I have a good friend who lives in Salisbury (her husband is from Marceline!). It's a small world after all!

Maria
Nope, I live in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I mentioned Marceline to Jessi because she just moved to Missouri and the whole Marceline/Walt Disney connection. My whole family is from Springfield, Missouri though so it is a small world after all! (Now I am going to have that song stuck in my head!)
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #842
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I took a kitten in 2 weeks ago whose Mom got hit by a car that I'm bottle feeding and she's giving me a time. They are a lot of hard work but for me a kitten that age is my whole world. Those are the weeks that really form their personality and I believe every second I can spend with her is what is required.
You are such a good kitty Mom to Daisy now, Susan. You are the center of her world and you deserve a special place in heaven for taking care of little orphan animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAngie View Post
I have been working on some scrapbooks and I am now up to 1997
Hey! You are closing in on the 20th century! I really can't comment because I need to start at about 1989.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Howdy all! Sorry I haven't been around much. Life has been busy. I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer. Since the kids just got out of school last Friday, it feels like our summer has just begun... somebody just needs to tell the weatherman! I feel like I am growing moldy from all this rain! I hope it clears up, at least for the day, for July 4th. Fireworks on the beach in the rain is not much fun.
Pamela, hope that the rain goes away soon. Our summer doesn't ususally start until after 4th of July so I know how you feel. Congratulations on getting into the smaller sizes -- your hard work is paying off!

Molli, how is your test garden patch going? I think of you every time I use my Miracle Grow.

And, Peggy Jo, what happened with your weigh-in?!? Did you keep your fabulous loss?

I am going to give us a bonus question for today -- what are you going to do tomorrow and Thursday to ensure a good weigh in on Friday?

I am going to stay away from salty stuff, do the Shred twice and avoid anything I think will cause me to retain water or not shed the weight. I really want to lose at least one pound. Closer to my 20 lb ribbon, 10% goal, and I don't want to be stuck like last challenge. Good luck losers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #843
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Just checking in. I went to the gym again today and did day one of the C25K challenge. It went ok but the speed at which I ran was quite low but was as fast as I could go at my current weight and fitness level. I am hoping to be able to up the speed as I get in better shape and lose weight.

My dh tried to be sweet and make one of my fav dishes for dinner but he put too much of everything on and made each serving 14 points instead of the usual 8! Luckily I figured it out before having any but still! I am going to try to keep my water intake up and keep working hard at the gym. I need to get some of my enthusiasm for the gym back...I am getting stuck in a rut. Hopefully the C25K will help me bust out of that rut!

Looking forward to seeing the results from the last wi!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #844
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Bonus QOTD: what are you going to do tomorrow and Thursday to ensure a good weigh in on Friday?
Tomorrow is going to be a lower calorie day and I'm going to do a "last chance" workout. Of course I'll drink plenty of water too. My WI is going to be Thursday morning since I'm flying to NJ that day and won't have my scale for Friday.

Lisa - we do use the crockpot but we're having trouble finding recipes we like. Do you have a fave source for healthy & quick recipes? We like Everyday Food magazine for recipes, but we have to get over that hurdle of trying new recipes. It always takes really long the first time I made something!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #845
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

QOTD: Nothing. I don't WI on Fridays anyway, I use my WW weigh in and I don't do anything special. I don't think it's healthy to play games like that. As long as I do the same thing every week, the weight will be a true one.

I did WI today and was up 2 lbs. I was going to stay for the meeting, but just hearing the stupid leader when I was in the WI area made me turn around and walk out. Thank God he is only filling in. I really hope the normal leader for this time is not that bad.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:03 AM   #846
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
[COLOR="Green"]Lisa - we do use the crockpot but we're having trouble finding recipes we like. Do you have a fave source for healthy & quick recipes? We like Everyday Food magazine for recipes, but we have to get over that hurdle of trying new recipes. It always takes really long the first time I made something!
I like Everyday Food magazine, too, and get their emails. It is a Martha Stewart publication and sometimes her stuff is a little too complicated for me to want to fool with it, especially on a work night. I like Cooking Light and use the 20 minute recipes for weeknights and the more complicated ones for week-ends. Heck, even Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals are too much for me except on week-ends!

Here is one of my favorite easy crock pot meals. I don't remember where I got it. Take a 1 1/2 to 2 lb pork roast, chop up one white onion, put them in the crockpot and cover with one 16 oz jar of green salsa. Put on low for 8 - 10 hours. Shred pork with two forks. Can be used for fajitas or just eating. It will last you a few days for lunches, etc.

It's hard for you because you are both working, you travel a lot, your daughter is young. Those times are a blur to me. I think the key is planning ahead so you know what you are doing. Maybe you can do some make ahead things and freeze them on the week-end. Also, does your husband like to grill? We've been doing a lot of grilling and then I add grilled vegetable and a salad.

Have fun in NJ!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #847
lisah0711
her Disney office

I thought that you might enjoy this calendar of 31 tips to less stress in July (or any other month) from Sparkpeople.com http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...ar_2007-07.pdf

Enjoy and have a great OP day!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #848
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I'll try to catch up on some of the QOTD that I haven't answered yet. Feel free to skip this frivolous post if you are pressed for time!

QOTD: What is your bestest, favoritist "special" recipe or food?

Unfortunately I am not much of a cook. I don't enjoy being in the kitchen (except to eat!). But I do make a really nice apple crisp. In fact, DH just commented on it the other day (since I served it for Father's Day). He said it is definitely the best thing I make. Not terribly healthy, but not as fattening as apple pie. And it can be made a bit lighter, which I sometimes do.

QOTD: What to do about food pushers?

I usually push right back. I'm a bit obstinant at times and if you push me, I will push right back... meaning that I will be MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER to not eat what you are pushing. If it is a matter of being a bit more subtle and polite (like with my DMIL), I will take one bite and end it there.

Bonus QOTD: what are you going to do tomorrow and Thursday to ensure a good weigh in on Friday?

I always try to have a lower calorie day on Thursday and get in an extra bit of exercise if I can. I don't especially watch my sodium intake because that isn't usually a problem for me, but I am careful to avoid soy sauce and sushi on Thursdays. I try to fluctuate my points through the week and I usually have an "average" amount on Wednesday and go under my daily allotment for Thursday.

I find it is usually my TOM or other hormonal issues that affect the scale MUCH MORE than what I have done on Wednesday or Thursday. And that puts it totally out of my control.........................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #849
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

pjlla --- i CELEBRATE for you!!!!!

garden going well, actually i haven't looked at it in past week as it's been raining here. we did harvest our first batch of lettuce -- yum!

i have been doing terrible! which you can tell by my lack of posting --- my friend and I started round 2 of Making the Cut but it has fell through. i have been able to get at least 2 of those workouts a week and that is saving me from gaining (I think) but i'm not making wise choices consistently to support my goal of losing before vacation

ugh!

i sound like a broken record, i'm sorry................

after the 4th I will have 5 wks until vacation -- i know that is enough time and I plan on hitting it HARD and steadfast. i'm going to put some reminders for myself in strategic places, and make a countdown calendar

thanks for listening

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #850
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Wednesday afternoon.

Just got back from the doctor's from my almost 1 week check up. He took me off the crutches and on a cane. I can't tell you how happy I am. I can now get things without asking. It just felt so good to get some water and bring it into the family room. I may even try to get up stairs to the bedroom tonight.

QOTD: what are you going to do tomorrow and Thursday to ensure a good weigh in on Friday?

As long as I have a cast on I am not going to weigh in. The cast that is on the foot now will come off next week and will be replace with one that will stay on for another 2 weeks. I am watching what I am eating and have been doing some stretches while sitting on a chair. Now that I am on a cane I can move a little easier.

Have a great day everyone.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #851
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Ugh - I didn't start the day too great. Fresh donuts at work. Even though this was my day to be totally on plan and a little under my daily cal goal, I got a bad start. On the other hand, I checked the calories before I ate the donut, so I knew what I was getting myself into. And I resisted the bagels, which actually have more cals. I had only had a glass of skim milk so far for breakfast, so the donut just replaced the rest of what I was going to eat. Back OP the rest of the day!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:16 PM   #852
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Weightkeeper finally posts! :)

Sorry I'm a day late with this, I'll do better next week! And Happy Canada Day!

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars for Week 6 of our BL Summer Challenge! Next week is the half-way point for the challenge! Do you think you'll be satisfied with where you're at?

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – (can re-start at any time, though )
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know ahead of time
-I don't follow the BL TV version of handling gains. All losses are the simple formula of: (last week - this week) divided by last week

First some stats

not reporting in for 3 weeks ---- Only 2 people this time! (they are dropped from the stats, but welcome back at anytime!)
not reporting in for 2 weeks ----0!
not reporting in for 1 week -----7
Excused-----------------------4 (its summer lots of people taking vacation, wish I was too! )
new recruits this week----------2
weigh ins this week-------------22
gains---------------------------7 (including me again)
maintains-----------------------3
losses-------------------------12

Summer Between BL Challenge Week 6
weekly total group loss for week #5 = 13.3 pounds
Total group loss for the challenge so far = 151.7 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost this week 0.30%

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 5? This week to mix things up, the top losers are anybody who lost 1% or more!
(That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 6 Superstars!!

#6-1.17% - PrincessBride6205
#5-1.44% - disney1990
#4-1.49% - sahbushka
#3-1.58% - SpaceMtnFan
#2-1.79% - pjlla

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 6 Biggest Loser!!

#1-1.97%-Sneezie

How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations Sneezie!!! Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser.

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version

[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg[IMG]

or use
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #853
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

I'm enjoying the Canada Day holiday! Dh, the kids and I went out geocaching, which is a fun way to get some outdoor excerise in. The Canadian Football League season started about an hour ago, so DH and his buddy are watching game 1 of 2. I watched the first quarter, and then popped on here to finally get last weeks results posted.
Its our tradition to have a bunch of munchies for football season, so I spent 45 min chopping up tomatoes, onion, garlic and green pepper for my version of salsa. I sliced up some cheese and meat to go with crackers, and was just about to start putting together a veggie plate, when DH's buddy arrived with a big plate of raw veggies . Overall lots of healthy choices, so I can relax and enjoy without feeling guilty
I'm heading back to the game!

Oh, before I go:
Donac - glad to hear that your foot is doing better!
SpaceMtnFan - Happy Birthday a day late! Hope you had a great day!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:08 AM   #854
maznorm
Mouseketeer

hi, just dropping to apologise for missung the weigh in, qotd and the cow. I have been suffering with tonsilitis. i havent eaten since sunday so ill probably have a good weight loss this week lol. Anyway, ill be back when im feeling better.

maznorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #855
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
hi, just dropping to apologise for missung the weigh in, qotd and the cow. I have been suffering with tonsilitis. i havent eaten since sunday so ill probably have a good weight loss this week lol. Anyway, ill be back when im feeling better.
So sorry that you are sick. It is miserable to be sick in the summer. At least with my foot I am feeling okay and it is just the foot that is wrapped up. Dh is starting to yell at me that I am moving around too much but doctor says it is okay.

I don't know what I am going to do with the present from my collegues from work. They sent me a cookie basket. There must be at least 2 dozen BIG cookies. Chocolate chip, peanut butter, chocolate. There are three iced ones in the front. One says "Get back on your feet" and two are in the shape of feet. I may put them in the freezer so that I don't have to think about them. Or I may take them to the 4th of July party I always go to.

Congrats to all the losers this week. Keep up the good work.

There will be a new COW for the upcoming week latter today.

Have a great day
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: