Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #811
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise
 
disney1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10,058

Estherhead - what a great story. And, something I am very guilty of. Oh well, I ate 10 cookies, I just as well eat the other 10. "I'll start tomorrow." I am going to try to follow your friends eating habits more closely.

QOTD: What is one healthy habit that IS you, that you no longer work at?

As far as the QOTD, I never drink sodas with sugar. I figured a lot time ago, that I just didn't need the empty calories. Before I got laid off in February, I was, however, drinking several diet sodas a day. Now, I have cut back to no more than one a day, and lots of days, I don't drink any.
__________________
Life is a Journey – remember to appreciate everyday -- be happy for this moment...this moment is your life



disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #812
bobnjenn0828
Mouseketeer
 
bobnjenn0828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: alabama
Posts: 89

I am happy to say i lost almost a pound this week!! I would like more, but am happy it is a loss.

QOTD - My healthy habit that is not difficult anymore is exercise. Well, Ok, sometimes the actual exercise is difficult , but not the routine of doing exercise. I made sure when I started this time that we went everyday - and we did for a month. In the past few months I can only remember a handful of times that we didn't walk or jog and we usually were gone all day walking around a lot or outside working in the yard. I am about to go out and do week 3 day 2 of c25k before work. Those are the hardest days - when I have worked the night before and have to work the next night. I hate to give up sleep but I have to.

The eating I still have to force myself to eat better. I love veggies , but I really don't like fruit except for a few like bananas and pineapple.

Dona - best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Jennifer
__________________
Jennifer & Bobby
BJ & Shelbey
FW - 1980,CBR -1988,
FW 7/09,SSR 8/09, SSR 10/09, PC 1/10, AKL 3/10, BLT 1/11, AKL 6/11

Annual passholder 94-97, 02-05,09
bobnjenn0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #813
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran
 
LuvBaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC, Canada :)
Posts: 3,333

Thanks to TammyNC for coaching last week! And thanks to this week's coach estherhead! That was a great inspirational story!



[QUOTE=estherhead;32443722]QOTD: What is one healthy habit that IS you, that you no longer work at?
QUOTE]

The only thing I really don't think about is brushing my teeth Unfortunately, when it comes to food, I'll always have to work at it. I do like vegetables, so I do good with them most of the time.

I managed to get up early enough to do my weigh in today. Unfortunately its a gain of 0.9lbs. So in the 6 weeks of this challenge, I've only lost 0.1lbs. I need to keep my focus and find the time and energy to exercise. Last night I meant to exercise and do laundry; instead DH and I were playing Bejewelled Blitz on different computers, comparing scores. I did have the best score for the longest time, but he finally got a great one and got to be the leader.
__________________
Shannon
MouseFanInQueue's other half

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #814
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"
 
Eeyores Butterfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Blue Springs, MO
Posts: 5,486

I'm going to do a post and run. Still in the middle of moving and AT&T screwed up my phone and internet so I am internetless at my home at the moment. I thought for sure I would have a big weight loss this week but I stayed the same. I have long suspected that the scales at my normal location weigh low (they are always at least a pound lower than my home scale). Hopefully I'll post a loss this week, but at least I only stayed the same, not gained!
__________________
Jessi 3x CP Rides & Entertainment Aaron (DH) Eragon & Matthias Eowyn & Jasper Disneymoon through a CM's eyes: A TR
Eeyores Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #815
estherhead
DIS Veteran
 
estherhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
Estherhead - what a great story. And, something I am very guilty of. Oh well, I ate 10 cookies, I just as well eat the other 10. "I'll start tomorrow." I am going to try to follow your friends eating habits more closely.

QOTD: What is one healthy habit that IS you, that you no longer work at?

As far as the QOTD, I never drink sodas with sugar. I figured a lot time ago, that I just didn't need the empty calories. Before I got laid off in February, I was, however, drinking several diet sodas a day. Now, I have cut back to no more than one a day, and lots of days, I don't drink any.
I only drink diet too but I wish I drank only 0-1 a day. I'm probably at 1-2 a day. Today I drank only 1 and then had water (working outside & didn't want to be dehydrated.) It was great and I wish I did that more often.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #816
corinnak
100% Tag Free!
 
corinnak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,618

I'm just posting to show off my shiny new 30 pound clippie! I will probably never be a weekly biggest loser - I'm more of a turtle in weight loss, in running and in life, but I do eventually get there, even if the process looks non-dramatic.

I posted a loss of .6 this week, about which I am not complaining, but I have to admit I was hoping for a little more, given how well I've been eating and how much activity I've gotten. It will show up eventually, I know.

I took my dog to the beach today and he had a great time bounding through the water, chasing his toy that I threw for him repeatedly. Talk about taking joy in movement - that dog knows. He was loving the day, the water, the leaping, bounding and swimming, the company of other dogs, the sand - all of it. I'd like to find some activities that are that much fun for ME!
__________________
corinnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:01 AM   #817
estherhead
DIS Veteran
 
estherhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,296

Those do-gooder food pushers:

When I was in labor with my first baby I was very clear with the doctors and nurses that I didn’t want any drugs. No pitocin, no epidural, no drugs. Not because I love pain but because I wanted to take as little risk as possible and after research I had decided that the healthiest way to have a baby was to have little to no interventions, unless absolutely needed.

Things were going fine and I was managing the pain quite well and was happy. But this one nurse came in every 15-30 minutes to see if I was doing all right and if I was ready to quit being a hero and have some drugs. She was respectful and I liked her so I just kept saying no. Even though she was like some crazy drug pusher.

Well, anyone who has been in labor knows that as it gets closer to pushing the contractions get a lot more intense. And I have to say it would be a rare woman who could continue to say, “No,” to the question, “Would you like us to take the pain away?” Uh, yeah I’d LOVE to have you take the pain away. So eventually I said yes & they gave me Nubain. That Nubain was the absolute devil. It did NOT help with the pain and it put me in this crazy bubble and I couldn’t deal with the pain. And I never would have had it without the "pusher."

So with baby number two I made a sign that said, “Please do not ask me if I want help with my pain, I will ask you for medicine if I need it.” I made photo copies & handed it out to every hospital person I saw & posted it in my room. I’m sure the staff was thrilled with crazy laboring mother in room 11 but I simply didn’t care. My body, my rules, my opinion on what I put in it.

No one offered me drugs and I had a delightful, Nubain & other drug free birth. The best choice for me.

Food pushers are exactly like those pain-drug pushers at the maternity wing. They are just trying to be so helpful. With their little bowl of chocolates on their desk at work or their yummy apple pie they made especially for us or their last slice of pizza they are just too full to eat and don’t want to throw away. They mean well.

But just like I had to take drastic, assertive measures for my second birth to avoid drugs sometimes we have to take a very assertive, drastic stand for our healthy eating habits. Because sometimes food pushers are very pushy and generally we really want what they are trying to push, despite our research to the contrary. It’s a tricky situation.

The best thing to do is to have a pre-pushing plan.

So instead of a second post I’m posting my QOTD here:

QOTD: What drastic measures have you taken to take control of food pushing situations? How do you plan for parties/picnics/holidays where the food & food pushers is/are plentiful?
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #818
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,227

Good Saturday morning everyone. I made it through surgery just fine. I woke up in the surgery room and was wide awake from there. I was in pain and got some pain meds that made my head swim when it went. I do have some pain meds but even on the pain meds if I move the wrong way it hurts. If I sit quietly it is not too bad so I don't think I am moving off the couch any time soon. I am also less than 24 hours from the surgery. It will get better in a couple of days.

My girl friend brought me dinner last night. Dh brought me a bowl of cereal this morning and ds brought me some watermelon, water and my antibiotics a little while ago. Sleep was horrible I couldn't get comfortable. I was also on the couch since my bedroom is upstairs. I think I will be in the family room as long as I am on crutches. The room has a bathroom so I don't have to go too far. I don't know what dinner is going to be. I put some frozen health food meals in the freezer last week so I can have something for lunches.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words the last couple of days. If you were working on COW 5 keep working I am going to count it as a 2 week COW because I didn't want to think about it on Thursday.
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #819
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,565

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
I managed to get up early enough to do my weigh in today. Unfortunately its a gain of 0.9lbs. So in the 6 weeks of this challenge, I've only lost 0.1lbs. I need to keep my focus and find the time and energy to exercise. Last night I meant to exercise and do laundry; instead DH and I were playing Bejewelled Blitz on different computers, comparing scores. I did have the best score for the longest time, but he finally got a great one and got to be the leader.
to you, Shannon, at least you haven't gained. I was a samer the entire time during the last challenge so I know exactly how you feel. I was a samer for the first time this week, too. It is just a matter of pressing forward and it sounds like you have a good plan. I keep thinking to myself even if I don't lose as much as I would like this summer, I will still be ahead of where I would be if I had taken the summer off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
I am happy to say i lost almost a pound this week!! I would like more, but am happy it is a loss.

QOTD - My healthy habit that is not difficult anymore is exercise. Well, Ok, sometimes the actual exercise is difficult , but not the routine of doing exercise. I made sure when I started this time that we went everyday - and we did for a month. In the past few months I can only remember a handful of times that we didn't walk or jog and we usually were gone all day walking around a lot or outside working in the yard. I am about to go out and do week 3 day 2 of c25k before work. Those are the hardest days - when I have worked the night before and have to work the next night. I hate to give up sleep but I have to.
Way to go, Jennifer! I need to be where you are now on the whole exercise thing. I really didn't want to do the Shred when I got up this morning. "It's a Saturday, I'll do plenty of steps." "I'm tired!" "My foot will start hurting." And, my inner brat, "I don't wannnnaaaa!" But, I shut up and did it anyway. I am doing a whole month -- last time I tried it I got sick and had to stop -- which takes me to my vacation. I'm even taking the DVD with me so I keep going. Now I just have to apply my plan! We can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
I'm going to do a post and run. Still in the middle of moving and AT&T screwed up my phone and internet so I am internetless at my home at the moment. I thought for sure I would have a big weight loss this week but I stayed the same. I have long suspected that the scales at my normal location weigh low (they are always at least a pound lower than my home scale). Hopefully I'll post a loss this week, but at least I only stayed the same, not gained!
In this stressful time in your life just maintaining is an accomplishment, Jessi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
I only drink diet too but I wish I drank only 0-1 a day. I'm probably at 1-2 a day. Today I drank only 1 and then had water (working outside & didn't want to be dehydrated.) It was great and I wish I did that more often.
I could do better on less diet soda consumption, too, but I really like the bubbles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
I'm just posting to show off my shiny new 30 pound clippie! I will probably never be a weekly biggest loser - I'm more of a turtle in weight loss, in running and in life, but I do eventually get there, even if the process looks non-dramatic.
That new clippie looks great on you, corinnak! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
QOTD: What drastic measures have you taken to take control of food pushing situations? How do you plan for parties/picnics/holidays where the food & food pushers is/are plentiful?
This is a great question because we encounter so many people who mean well in all areas of our lives but just aren't doing what we need. I just say "no" politely, over and over. If someone really pushes, or I don't want to hurt their feelings, I just take what is offered and discreetly toss it. I am not afraid to waste food. It is better to waste food that to eat it and have to work it off.

donac, I am thinking of you and hoping that you are feeling better and hanging out working on your needlework today.

I am off to the grocery store for my healthy food and later we are taking our boat out for awhile. It is going to be 85 here today!

Have a great OP day, losers!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #820
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,565

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Saturday morning everyone. I made it through surgery just fine. I woke up in the surgery room and was wide awake from there. I was in pain and got some pain meds that made my head swim when it went. I do have some pain meds but even on the pain meds if I move the wrong way it hurts. If I sit quietly it is not too bad so I don't think I am moving off the couch any time soon. I am also less than 24 hours from the surgery. It will get better in a couple of days.

My girl friend brought me dinner last night. Dh brought me a bowl of cereal this morning and ds brought me some watermelon, water and my antibiotics a little while ago. Sleep was horrible I couldn't get comfortable. I was also on the couch since my bedroom is upstairs. I think I will be in the family room as long as I am on crutches. The room has a bathroom so I don't have to go too far. I don't know what dinner is going to be. I put some frozen health food meals in the freezer last week so I can have something for lunches.

Thanks everyone for the kinds words the last couple of days. If you were working on COW 5 keep working I am going to count it as a 2 week COW because I didn't want to think about it on Thursday.
donac, you were posting while I was typing so I didn't see your post. I am glad to hear that things went well for you yesterday. Sorry about the pain. I hope that it goes away soon. I am sure that they told you that it is easier to keep ahead of it than let it get away and try to rein it back in. Sounds like you have lots of people who are doing a good job taking care of you. You deserve it. You'll be out there directing those mowers with your crutches in no time!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:22 PM   #821
corinnak
100% Tag Free!
 
corinnak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,618

donac - I'm glad you made it through well and I hope you continue to feel better!

A little bit of an issue here - my computer is not working well once again and I am not going to have access to it for a few days, at least. Not that I'm the most regular poster, but just thought I'd send a heads up before I go silent for much of the next week.

The hardest part: I am going to have access to WW online only via my phone. It is better than nothing, and I am not going to complain, but it's not so good for looking up points values.

Hope everyone has a great losing week. I'll do the same and check back with you hopefully Wednesday or Thursday!

Also, I'm loving the inspirational stories this week, estherhead.

QOTD: I always try to plan ahead for those occasions, what I will be having. Sometimes a little splurge is just the thing. But at this point, my main plan is to eat dinner before I go and stick to fruits and veggies. And no mixers in my drinks. If I have a drink, even. OH, and don't bring anything to a potluck that I won't eat myself.
__________________
corinnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #822
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran
 
princessbride6205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,985

I weighed in this morning since I was out of town this week. I am pleasantly surprised to say that I had a 1.6 pound loss. I only got in a few workouts and was at a weight-maintaining calorie level for 4 days since I was dining out every meal, but I got something right! I had healthy breakfasts, small portion snacks (unhealthy options at our meetings), lots of fruit, salads for lunches, and made okay choices for dinner (more cals than I should have, but not burgers and fries either).

I have extra motivation to stay on plan this week, because I leave next Thursday to go and visit family and have DD's 2nd birthday party. My mom is taking me shopping before the party for some new clothes, since nothing fits right now. My skinny clothes are still 5-10 pounds away and my clothes of the past 2 years are quite baggy. I'd like to look my best for the party and reach my mini goal by then: it's only 1 pound away!

QOTD: What is one healthy habit that IS you, that you no longer work at?
Drinking water. Sometimes I have to make a little effort to get all 8 glasses of just plain water, but without trying I get in 6 cups, 8 if you count milk, tea, etc. Exercise has really become a part of my routine. Minimum a few times a week - I actually WANT to work out. Feel kind of blah if I don't now.

QOTD: What to do about food pushers?
I've learned to smile and nod with a "No thanks" a lot with my mom's sisters - they are the ultimate food pushers. But then I'm used to it, and they push everything, like "when are you moving back east?" "When are you having a baby?" and now, "when are you having your next one?" A key in being able to resist the food pushing for me, is knowing where I stand before the party. Doing a weigh in that morning and having a plan for food - maybe it's a splurge day and that's okay. Otherwise, I stick to the veggie tray until the meal. Desserts though are always my Achilles heel, even without any pushing!
One co-worker tries to get me to go to Mexican lunch & unlimited tortilla chips with her at least once a week. While I'd love to go out, thinking about the calories I'd need to chart to eat there...no thanks! Bringing my lunch I am saving both money and cals, and sometimes fitting in a quick walk around the block.
__________________
Nicole DH DD(7)
If there's a trip, there's a race!
2010 Princess Half * 2011 Wine & Dine Half * 2012 Wine & Dine Half
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #823
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise
 
disney1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10,058

QOTD: What to do about food pushers?

That's a hard one. My DH is the biggest pusher of food. He absolutely loves to cook and most of it is fattening. So I try to just take a small bit of whatever he cooks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
__________________
Life is a Journey – remember to appreciate everyday -- be happy for this moment...this moment is your life



disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #824
estherhead
DIS Veteran
 
estherhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,296

Good Sunday morning WISHers. Instead of a long, coaching type story, today I am going to cut to the chase with the QOTD. It seems on weekends we have more time to chill and that leaves us more time to make special food.

QOTD: What is your bestest, favoritist "special" recipe or food?
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:35 PM   #825
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,565

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Good Sunday morning WISHers. Instead of a long, coaching type story, today I am going to cut to the chase with the QOTD. It seems on weekends we have more time to chill and that leaves us more time to make special food.

QOTD: What is your bestest, favoritist "special" recipe or food?
Wow! This is a tough one as my favorite foods have a tendency to change with the seasons. I'm big on pasta salads, salads and things you can fix in the crockpot now -- anything easy. Yesterday, I made myself the most delicious smoothie with blueberries, strawberries and a banana -- it was my favorite food for the week. I will be interested to hear other people's responses because I am feeling a little boring here.

I had a great day, though. The weather is gorgeous. DH and I sat in the gazebo and then would work on our yard a bit. It was a nice, relaxing day and things look a lot nicer.

Hope that everyone had a great, OP day!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways MrsJobba1 Disney Cruise Meets 921 09-28-2009 06:50 PM
OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!! themudd4 Doing the Happy Dance! 3756 07-06-2009 06:43 PM
"Mommy, When Will It Be Our Turn?!"--May 16-23, 2009 PTR ladybugmom Completed Trip Reports 645 06-22-2009 03:53 PM
All New Picture of the Day Thread - Jan 21, 2009 Disney8704 Theme Parks Community 3866 06-21-2009 06:15 PM
Incentives for 2009 vs. Past Incentives helloconnie Purchasing DVC 28 05-17-2009 08:34 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.