Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #781
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Well I'm back from my family visit to N.C. and I weigh in today - so please send me some positive wishes! I tried so hard to stay on plan and did go off a bit - but I also walked/jogged over 3 miles, and had two days of swimming laps as well as swimming with the great-nieces on my back - I was exhausted the next day to say the least!

I am SO motivated to do the gym and eat correctly now - until I cruise - I really want to fit into that medium size sundress I just got from DISNEY! My DH got a matching shirt and it's cute!!!

Have a great rest of the week all!
Welcome back! Good luck!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:39 AM   #782
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1963 View Post
Good day everyone, I haven't posted is a while and this has not been a good thing for me. so my goal this week is to post something everyday. When I go MIA, it's usually cause I'm off the wagon. And I really need to stay ON the wagon. I had a gain last WI which I expected as we had spent the weekend in Monterey. But I did not expect the gain that I had.

QOTD - What is your favorite time of year to visit WDW or DL?

Christmas is my favorite. Even with the crowds. We go to DL about once a month so going on rides is secondary to the overall theme. I love the fireworks on cool/cold evenings. Since I live where the average temp is the mid 70's, I like the nights where I can wear my MM mittens and have hot chocolate and watch the fireworks. I LOVE the fireworks. And for some reason they always make me cry.

QOTD: Let's do another Disney related today...If Disney were to get rid of any of their current rides or attractions which one would you miss the most.

Peter Pan and Pirates. PP is my favorite, but I don't ride it very often, cause the lines are always so long. Pirates, just cause it's the classic. It is a must do every trip. I think I would also miss the train. I like the down time of "A Grand Circle Tour Around Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom".
Glad you found your way back to us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Well I'm back from my family visit to N.C. and I weigh in today - so please send me some positive wishes! I tried so hard to stay on plan and did go off a bit - but I also walked/jogged over 3 miles, and had two days of swimming laps as well as swimming with the great-nieces on my back - I was exhausted the next day to say the least!

I am SO motivated to do the gym and eat correctly now - until I cruise - I really want to fit into that medium size sundress I just got from DISNEY! My DH got a matching shirt and it's cute!!!

Have a great rest of the week all!
Sounds like you had plenty of exercise going while you were away. Glad that you had a nice trip but got back home safely as well.

Tomorrow is our WI day, don't forget to send your weight and COW numbers in tomorrow. I'm going to make sure I don't forget mine this week too.

I got a few things accomplished around the house yesterday but enjoyed a little more calmer day. Needing to run errands this morning but then will be back around to get a few more things finished up this afternoon in the house with the AC.

QOTD - This may have been ask before but I can't remember. Something I've been thinking about. Is it harder for you to stay on track with your plan over the weekend? Is there anything you can do to help you survive the weekend on plan?

I definitely find it harder over the weekend. During the weekends I find us eating out a little more which of course is nice from the stand point of not having to cook it but it isn't as healthy as eating at home. We still split meals when we go out so that helps with the portion control. I need to work a little harder at planning some meals at the house during the weekend and that might help.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #783
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Checking in! I anticipate a smaller loss this week (two weeks in a row of 2 pounds is a first for me). THIS morning I'm only half a pound from my next clippie, if it doesn't happen tomorrow it will by my Monday WW weigh in. There's motiviation for a 'clean' weekend!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #784
tink1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post
Glad you found your way back to us!!

QOTD - This may have been ask before but I can't remember. Something I've been thinking about. Is it harder for you to stay on track with your plan over the weekend? Is there anything you can do to help you survive the weekend on plan?
My daily commitment check in.

Yesterday was a good day I think. My Inlaws are Elks members and last night was Spud Night. This is where you get a GIANT spud and then you get to put on the toppings from the Topping Bar. Since I knew we would be having this for dinner, I planned my lunch to be mostly fruit and Veggies. So I feel that even though I had some toppings that might not have been the best choice, I had what I wanted, and I was only able to eat half. And my steps yesterday were over 14000 which gave me 7 activity points.

QOTD....YES, the weekend is much harder. If we are just have an at home weekend or if we are out of town, both are very very hard. During the week is much more structured. If we are home on weekends, my DH sleeps in late, but my latest is about 7:30 (he's til 10:00 or later) and I really dont have anything planned. Sometimes I'll watch a movie or read the sunday paper, but this is the time I tend to graze. I have started making the egg beaters in the Mug and really like this so I'm going to try having this for breakfast when I get up with a sandwich thin. If I make more of an effort to plan what I'm going to be eating I tend to do better. But if I get up with no plan that's were the grazing comes in.

So what I can do it plan. have a plan and stick to it. Plus this weekend I am commiting to coming here and sharing what my plan is and how I executed it.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #785
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC

QOTD: Let's do another Disney related today...If Disney were to get rid of any of their current rides or attractions which one would you miss the most.

It would have to be Space Mountain. to go to the Magic Kingdom and not have Space Mountain is like going to the football game and not have Cheerleaders or a Marching Band. The Magic Kingdom won't be the same without Space Mountain. And with Space mountain down for rehab its kind of borring at the Magic Kingdom
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #786
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

Quote:
QOTD - What is your favorite time of year to visit WDW or DL?
Usaly in the summer but Late May into Early June before it gets "Hatefull" Hot in florida
Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #787
bobnjenn0828
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1963 View Post

I would really miss the Tomorrowland Transit Authority - I know that is probably strange! We love riding that ride, everyone can ride and it is nice and long and cool.

Today's qotd - It is harder for me to stay OP during the weekend, but I usually try to do better with portion control. We do eat out more and it is sometimes really hard to find something that will work, but I just do the best I can. We went to an arena football game last weekend and I had a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a slice of pizza. That was a good choice, but I also had some bavarian nuts. I looked up the nutritional content when i got home and I wont be having those again! However cotton candy only had 57 calories for 1/2 of the bag so that would have been better!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I have 4 nights in a row to work off 2 nights then work 2 more and then we are going to Fort Wilderness for the 4th! We aren't going to the parks, but we are going to go to Typhoon Lagoon! I can't wait!

Jennifer
FW 7/09,SSR 8/09, SSR 10/09, PC 1/10, AKL 3/10, BLT 1/11, AKL 6/11

Annual passholder 94-97, 02-05,09
bobnjenn0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #788
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Yes, it is definitely harder for me to stay on track over the weekend. We usually spend more time away from the house. Often times, when we do this, I don't make the best food choices. I really need, when we eat out, to remember what my goal is and not to give into just eating what looks good.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #789
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

My answer for QOTD:
Yes, weekends are harder, and I plan to use a bunch of my flexpoints over the weekend. Weekdays tend to be more structured, but if I don't bring enough food in my lunch, then I get into trouble hitting the vending machine. So I can mess up anytime.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #790
FLAngie
DIS Veteran

Hello all. Is there room for one more? I just found this board and am looking for some motivation. I have about 20 lbs. to lose and have been thinking about trying to lose it for, oh about 3 years.

DH DD12 DD10

Offical Member of the LMT Losers' Club... Uu
FLAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:29 PM   #791
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Quick question

Has anyone ever had an overnight loss of more than 7 pounds? I've had a loss of 4 pounds (water?) - but never more and yesterday I weighed in at Medifast - this morning I weighed in at home (difference in scales is about .5 pound) and I was 10 pounds lighter.... I am of course going to check this out again tomorrow morning but it would explain my "lack of loss" for the past 2 weeks even though I kicked up my work-outs... and no it's not muscle changes because I've been working out since November.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #792
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Hi guys

I will post the results for last week's COW 4. For COW 5 just keep working for another week. Next Thursday I will just take the points for the 2 weeks you have been working on COW 5.

I am sorry but I can't think about the COW right now. I have my foot surgery tomorrow and there are a million things on my mind. I have to go out right now and get my prescriptions so they are in the house for when I get back. My surgery is at noon and I can't eat after midnight. I have to be at the hospital at 9:30 to get my crutches and lessons on how to use them (It's been 35 years since I last used them). I then have to be at the surgical floor by 10. Thanks for all the great words of support. They mean a lot to me. I will be back on either tomorrow night when I can't sleep or Saturday.

Kathy I am still thinking about you and your mom. My prayers are still with you and your family.

Talk to you guys soon
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #793
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

donac, here is some pixie dust for you for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! I will be thinking of you sitting in your easy chair working on your needlework this week-end.

Don't worry about the COW and take care of yourself! You deserve it! We appreciate all that you do for us!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #794
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

FLAngie!
There's always room for one more. Our WeighIn day is Fridays, so just PM me (LuvBaloo) your weight tomorrow and you'll officially be entered.

Peggy Jo - that's a huge loss, and the only thing I can think off is water weight and constipation I have frequently seen overnight changes of 5-8lbs, which is why I don't weigh in when I feel bloated/yucky.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #795
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Hi guys

I will post the results for last week's COW 4. For COW 5 just keep working for another week. Next Thursday I will just take the points for the 2 weeks you have been working on COW 5.

I am sorry but I can't think about the COW right now. I have my foot surgery tomorrow and there are a million things on my mind. I have to go out right now and get my prescriptions so they are in the house for when I get back. My surgery is at noon and I can't eat after midnight. I have to be at the hospital at 9:30 to get my crutches and lessons on how to use them (It's been 35 years since I last used them). I then have to be at the surgical floor by 10. Thanks for all the great words of support. They mean a lot to me. I will be back on either tomorrow night when I can't sleep or Saturday.

Kathy I am still thinking about you and your mom. My prayers are still with you and your family.

Talk to you guys soon
Good luck with your surgery!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: