Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #766
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Shannon.... I am so sorry I forgot to PM my weight on Friday! That is so not like me! Even when the news is bad, I still always post! I PM'd you so I will be caught up for next week.

Things are crazy busy for me this week. I am still subbing in Kindergarten. The kids will "graduate" tomorrow, then I will help with classroom clean up for the rest of the week. DD graduates 8th grade on Thursday and my folks will be coming up that day to attend and for a short visit. DD's big graduation party is Friday and I am feeling SO unprepared. It hasn't stopped raining in FOREVER, so I am not sure when I will ever finish getting the yard ready. I still have two unspread bags of mulch and the grass is as high as a wheat field in August! Hopefully it will dry out enough today or tomorrow to mow... then I can concentrate on Thursday (for the few hours I have) and Friday afternoon on getting the tables, chairs, and tents set up and food prep. I am doing this alone, as DH is away for work until Thursday night.

I bought a new workout DVD yesterday. I bought the Leslie Sansone Walking Away the Pounds- 5 workouts on one DVD. I tried the 2 mile/30 minute walk this morning. It was not nearly enough of a work out. I never felt like I was really out of breath and I barely broke a sweat. I will try the next level up tonight or tomorrow morning. I suppose it would be a good workout to do when I just have a few minutes and I don't want to get to be a yucky sweaty mess.

Off to practice for our Kindergarten ceremony!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #767
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Its another day, another opportunity to stay on target. I have to go buy some groceries today, and get some more of the fresh fruit and veggies in the house. When I have raw veggies to snack on I do best, so I made sure to get up a few minutes earlier to cut up some red pepper, carrots and cucumber for lunch.

Home is exciting. I get a craft room again! A couple months ago we moved our DD's into one room, and the empty bedroom ended up as a 2nd toy room/junk room combo, so this weekend, we cleane out the main toy room, and yesterday DH and the girls got the spare room cleaned out and started moving my craft stuff in. It should be a lot nicer to have mine and the girls crafts having a home .

And I was a good girl last night, and when I picked up fast food for DH and DD's, I didn't get anything for myself and instead heated up a WW dinner for me. Last Friday, we had McD and I told DH that was it for me for fast food for 2 weeks, and I'm sticking to it. Its a good jump start for me, and then I can go back to having it occasionally.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #768
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

How is everyone doing today? I have our errands finished and dinner about 1/2 finished except for baking so I'm doing good with time today. I'm heading down to the elliptical for 15 minutes when I finish this post.

I did have a filling to come out after lunch so a call to the dentist needs to be made today as well which almost makes me sick to my tummy.

I forgot to post a QOTD first thing this morning, sorry about that.

QOTD - What is your favorite time of year to visit WDW or DL?

Mine would be around the Christmas time...seeing all the beautiful decorations really gets you in the spirit.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #769
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Well, the tests are done and I never want to do that again. Coming out of the anesthesia is awful. If that is what it feels like to be drunk, I never want to be drunk. I really just don't want to ever repeat this experience.

The only obvious problems was some stomach irritation, so that's good news as colon cancer runs very heavily in my family on my maternal side. They apparently did a ton of biopsies though to check for Celiac so I am waiting for the results on that.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #770
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

QOTD answer:
Favourite time of year - I really enjoyed the Haunted Mansion with Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, so I'd go back during that time to DL. For WDW I really enjoyed the food & wine festival so I'd go back at that time.

Jessi - I hope you get over the anaesthesia soon. And it sounds like the results look positive. I didn't realize that's how they test for Celiac's. A friend of mine has that, and has felt a lot better after she was diagnosed and started eating foods that work for her.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #771
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

A great big congratulations to uptown girl44 and all the losers this week! Keep up the good work everyone!

Kathy, a great big to you and your Mom and your whole family. You are in such a hard place right now. I know that your Mom will be happy to be home and sleep in her own bed again without those nurses waking her up. Hospice will have a lot of resources for you all, too. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

TammyNC, sorry to hear about your computer problems. They are so frustrating!

Shannon, your craft room sounds like fun. You know you'll have to make everyone in your family hand made gifts for Christmas now that you have your own craft room -- just kidding.

Pamela, you may have to flap your arms around and go up a level for Leslie Sansone or do her tape every few days when you need to take it down a notch. I like Leslie but sometimes her perkiness gets to me and I think I need Jillian barking at me again.

I did do my workouts like I said for the past couple of days so the writing and doing it worked! (Thanks, Kathy!) I'll be glad when exercising is a habit!

Jessi, I'm glad that your tests are over and they keep ruling things out for you. I hope that they find out what is going on so you can feel better soon.

I love Halloween and Christmas at Disneyland but I am not so fond of the crowds at that time.

I've only been to WDW in January. That is a nice time to go crowd wise but you do trade off missing some headliners due to rehabs and not very reliable swimming weather. We are going to WDW at Christmas this year -- it is a bit scary. I know it will be crowded and am planning accordingly. I got to book my airfare today so it was a fun day!

Have a great day, losers!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #772
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Hi all -- And thanks Lisah0711 for the warm welcome.

I am been trying to lose weight for a while now.

I joined a gym (Planet Fitness) about 6 weeks and then talked my DD into also joining (2 weeks ago). As of last week Friday, I have lost about 8 pounds and still want to drop another 35-40 pounds.

So who do I send my weight loss/gain to? It's done on Friday, right? I also need to send a starting weight too?

Does the Summer Weight Loss Challenge have an end date?

Thanks!

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #773
bobnjenn0828
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post
I like to go to Disney at Christmas. I love the Christmas parade at MK!

I really like to go to Disney anytime!!

Jennifer
FW 7/09,SSR 8/09, SSR 10/09, PC 1/10, AKL 3/10, BLT 1/11, AKL 6/11

Annual passholder 94-97, 02-05,09
bobnjenn0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:39 PM   #774
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Its another day, another opportunity to stay on target. I have to go buy some groceries today, and get some more of the fresh fruit and veggies in the house. When I have raw veggies to snack on I do best, so I made sure to get up a few minutes earlier to cut up some red pepper, carrots and cucumber for lunch.

Home is exciting. I get a craft room again! A couple months ago we moved our DD's into one room, and the empty bedroom ended up as a 2nd toy room/junk room combo, so this weekend, we cleane out the main toy room, and yesterday DH and the girls got the spare room cleaned out and started moving my craft stuff in. It should be a lot nicer to have mine and the girls crafts having a home .

And I was a good girl last night, and when I picked up fast food for DH and DD's, I didn't get anything for myself and instead heated up a WW dinner for me. Last Friday, we had McD and I told DH that was it for me for fast food for 2 weeks, and I'm sticking to it. Its a good jump start for me, and then I can go back to having it occasionally.
Congrats on the craftroom and on the good choices that you are making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Well, the tests are done and I never want to do that again. Coming out of the anesthesia is awful. If that is what it feels like to be drunk, I never want to be drunk. I really just don't want to ever repeat this experience.

The only obvious problems was some stomach irritation, so that's good news as colon cancer runs very heavily in my family on my maternal side. They apparently did a ton of biopsies though to check for Celiac so I am waiting for the results on that.
Glad to hear that you made it through ok...I remember when my ds was one and they had to put him out for a biopsy...I couldn't be with him when he was coming out of the anesthesia...my dh had to do it...it was awful!

As for the QOTD....tough choice....for DL I really enjoy late september/early october....in the past it has been warm at that time but not too crowded, though I hear that is changing some. At DW I enjoyed the weather in may...I liked september too but hated the "love bugs" November wasn't bad there ....oh goodness, I guess I wouldn't mind any time! It's Disney!

I have been doing well food and exersize wise. I haven't been on the boards lately because I was angry that I had done so well last week and had a small GAIN to show for it. I am over my hissy now and back and raring to go....but beware that if the scale shows another gain this week....well, let's just say

My dd turned 1 today so I was able to sign the kids up for child care at the gym. They seemed to really enjoy it...in fact, my ds4 didn't want to leave! I had to promise him we would be back soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #775
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post

I joined a gym (Planet Fitness) about 6 weeks and then talked my DD into also joining (2 weeks ago). As of last week Friday, I have lost about 8 pounds and still want to drop another 35-40 pounds.

So who do I send my weight loss/gain to? It's done on Friday, right? I also need to send a starting weight too?

Thanks!
I see you found the answer, since you've already PM'd me your starting weight. And , yes, Friday is WI day, but as long as you send it in sometime over the weekend, it works. I don't post to top losers until Monday or Tuesday.
I think the last weigh-in is Aug 14th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post

My dd turned 1 today so I was able to sign the kids up for child care at the gym. They seemed to really enjoy it...in fact, my ds4 didn't want to leave! I had to promise him we would be back soon!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sarah
That's a great motivator to go to the gym, your ds can remind you he wants to go play there!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #776
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post

Glad to hear you got through it and hope that you get over the anesthesia soon. I haven't had that test but had shoulder surgery last year and hated the feeling of waking up from it. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
TammyNC, sorry to hear about your computer problems. They are so frustrating!

I've only been to WDW in January. That is a nice time to go crowd wise but you do trade off missing some headliners due to rehabs and not very reliable swimming weather. We are going to WDW at Christmas this year -- it is a bit scary. I know it will be crowded and am planning accordingly. I got to book my airfare today so it was a fun day!

Have a great day, losers!
You hit the nail on the head with the computer smashing smilie...so far yesterday and today seem to be doing fine. I am already starting a laptop search and considering moving over to a Mac Book. If anyone has any positive/negatives they would like to share, I would love to hear them.

Yeah on booking plane tickets, how exciting...I can't wait to book our ADR's but that still isn't until August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post

Thanks!
Welcome to our group, I think you will find it to be a great place. It is a wonderful place for encouragement, a place to vent when necessary, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I have been doing well food and exersize wise. I haven't been on the boards lately because I was angry that I had done so well last week and had a small GAIN to show for it. I am over my hissy now and back and raring to go....but beware that if the scale shows another gain this week....well, let's just say Sarah
Sending lots of for a loss this week, if I hear your yell in NC, I'll know something wasn't right. Stay positive and know that if you continue to stay on track you will have a loss. Sometimes our body just doesn't want to cooperate on the scales.

I don't have much on the calendar for the day thankfully, ready for kind of a down day.

I hope everyone has a great one, stay positive and focused!!

QOTD: Let's do another Disney related today...If Disney were to get rid of any of their current rides or attractions which one would you miss the most.

I would probably miss Pirates, it is such a great place to go when it is hot out and the feet are tired and we are needing a little break.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #777
tink1963
DIS Veteran

Good day everyone, I haven't posted is a while and this has not been a good thing for me. so my goal this week is to post something everyday. When I go MIA, it's usually cause I'm off the wagon. And I really need to stay ON the wagon. I had a gain last WI which I expected as we had spent the weekend in Monterey. But I did not expect the gain that I had.

Christmas is my favorite. Even with the crowds. We go to DL about once a month so going on rides is secondary to the overall theme. I love the fireworks on cool/cold evenings. Since I live where the average temp is the mid 70's, I like the nights where I can wear my MM mittens and have hot chocolate and watch the fireworks. I LOVE the fireworks. And for some reason they always make me cry.

QOTD: Let's do another Disney related today...If Disney were to get rid of any of their current rides or attractions which one would you miss the most.

Peter Pan and Pirates. PP is my favorite, but I don't ride it very often, cause the lines are always so long. Pirates, just cause it's the classic. It is a must do every trip. I think I would also miss the train. I like the down time of "A Grand Circle Tour Around Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom".
Old 06-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #778
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post

It would be the train around the park. Our family always rides the train around the park for our first ride of the trip in both DL and WDW.

Venetia - good to you posting again! next time you go MIA I'm going to try and remember to PM you and hunt you down!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #779
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Back from NC

Well I'm back from my family visit to N.C. and I weigh in today - so please send me some positive wishes! I tried so hard to stay on plan and did go off a bit - but I also walked/jogged over 3 miles, and had two days of swimming laps as well as swimming with the great-nieces on my back - I was exhausted the next day to say the least!

I am SO motivated to do the gym and eat correctly now - until I cruise - I really want to fit into that medium size sundress I just got from DISNEY! My DH got a matching shirt and it's cute!!!

Have a great rest of the week all!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #780
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

I understand that whole "stay away too long" thing. If I keep off the bathroom scale, I gain weight and ignore it. I really need to hit the scale every day or two just to keep myself honest.

Favorite time - has got to be during the holidays when the parks are decorated and the holiday music is everywhere.

I would definitely miss Carousel of Progress. It is to me "Walt Disney". I feel his presence everytime I go on it.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: