Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 06:40 PM   #676
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

My favorite piece of equipment is my yoga mat. I love how I feel after yoga! Unfortunately, I don't get to use it often, but I'm hoping to change that. I'm on my reliable TM almost every day, so it get's the "workhorse" award, but it's not at soothing as the purple yoga mat!

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #677
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

hmmm good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Tuesday's QOTD: What is your favorite piece of equipment (equipment, propt, video, etc) for working out?
I would have to say my rollerblades!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #678
tink1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tuesday's QOTD: What is your favorite piece of equipment (equipment, propt, video, etc) for working out?

Mine is my Garmin Forerunner that tells me how many miles I have gone and how many calories I have burned.
that would be my Wii, my pedometer, and my ipod. I wear my pedometer everyday all day, all my walks I have my ipod and for home workouts it is the Wii.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #679
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! The Weightkeeper Posts the Results!

(thanks to Dare2Dream! She is the inspiration for the post!)

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars for Week 4 of our BL Summer Challenge!

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – (can re-start at any time, though )
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know ahead of time
-I don't follow the BL TV version of handling gains. All losses are the simple formula of: (last week - this week) divided by last week

First some stats

not reporting in for 3 weeks ---- another 3 (they are dropped from the stats, but welcome back at anytime!)
not reporting in for 2 weeks ----3
not reporting in for 1 week -----2
Excused-----------------------0
new recruits this week----------3
weigh ins this week-------------28
gains---------------------------5
maintains-----------------------2
losses-------------------------21

Summer Between BL Challenge Week 1
weekly total group loss for week #4 = 37.1 pounds
Total group loss for the challenge so far = 139.7 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost this week 0.61% (which is exactly the same as week 1! so that's a good indication that our group is going strong and heading for long-term losses!)

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 4? Since nothing different is popping into my head, I'll stick with the Top 10 Losers! That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 4 Superstars!!

#10-0.84%- DisneyFam5
#9- 0.95% - CruiseBoundnKY
#8-1.14% - Sneezie
#7-1.34% - Donac
#6-1.39% - lisah0711
#5-1.40% - LuvBaloo
#4-1.66% - Eeyores Butterfly
#3-1.67% - tessiemez
#2-1.77% - lulamc

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 4 Biggest Loser!!

#1-2.02%-SpaceMtnFan

How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations SpaceMtnFan on your second time as top loser!!! Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser.

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version

[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg[IMG]

or use
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:21 AM   #680
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to all the Big Losers!

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #681
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations all you biggest losers!!!
Thank you luvbaloo for being our weight keeper! You are awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
. Like I said before.... you can't control your Mom's illness, but you can control what you do FOR YOURSELF! P
Thanks P. I wrote this down on a postit on my desk as a great reminder for myself. Thanks for the prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Remembering the good times and learning from the bad.Memory can be used for good or for evil. If you use your past as a source of learning, it's worth remembering. If, however, all you do is mull over your mistakes and punish yourself for your failures, it's a waste of time. Rehashing failure can paralyze you in mortal fear of making another mistake, which, of course, just makes the feeling worse and practically guarantees future letdowns. The key to making meaningful changes is to pay more attention to the future than to the past. Have you ever noticed that the best athletes also have the shortest and most selective memories? Instead of dwelling on a missed shot or a flawed dive, they concentrate on making corrections and getting the next one right. It's as if the failed attempt never happened. It's forgotten and they don't fear trying again. If you mess up, even in an epic, life-altering way, work hard to leave it behind and concentrate on the possibilities yet to come. Tomorrow is much brighter when it's not smeared with a fixation on yesterday.

So for those of us who strayed from our good heathy habits this week, forgive yourself, learn from your mistake, and spend that energy looking forward instead of kicking yourself for being human.
!
Thanks Lisa. This is such a good reminder, and I'm usually pretty good about not beating myself up after a bad day, and getting right back on the wagon. It's really the mindless eating that can continue for days that gets me in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Morning all. Hope everyone is having a great op day! I am on WW and have been staying exactly on my target points every day so I decided to break it up and have a high point day yesterday. My dh and I went to the new Sonic in town as neither of us has ever been to one and he really wanted to go. I purposefully ordered a lot of food and had my high point day. I used 17 of my weekly points but it was such a large unhealthy meal and I had a hard time sleeping last night because I just didn't feel good, ya know? Anyway, I hope the plan to shake it up works because I would really like to see some bigger losses!
I've heard lots of people on ww have good luck when they mix their days up with higher points and lower point days, and my ww leader is actually encouraging it. It keeps the body's metabolism from getting used to one level all day, and helps keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
Burger King: Veggie Burger, no cheese, no mayo with apples on the side

:
I never knew bk had a veggie burger. That's so good to know, we'll have to try bk instead of Mcd's next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
[COLOR=#800080] No we aren't but my other sis Di and Jackie are always told that! Jackie is older - I guess I'm not aging very well.... sniff sniff but then again Jackie did say that photo of her was 7 years old - so maybe I don't need to dive into a sea of despiration quite yet...
No tears please, didn't mean to offend. You do look alike, and if the avatar pics were bigger, I"m sure you'd look much younger than your sis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
I lost 2.6 last week! It was such a nice boost after maintaining for forever.

Monday QOTD: I try to. I am currently having some severe abdominal issues that I've posted about elsewhere. I can never tell if it is directly related to food or something else (undergo an endoscopy/colonoscopy next week). The frustrating part is the same thing one day will be fine but the next day will be terrible. I've only been able to figure out one or two things that are definitely off limits.
Congrats on the loss, and good luck with your procedures next week.

Quote:
I took a 12 mile bike ride with DH and DS11 tonight. There were so many hills involved and I guess I had my gears set too high too - I noticed at one point when going up a hill that it seemed like the brakes were on because it got SO hard pedal (duh - yeah)! Even my arms are sore from the angle and holding the handle bar so tight!
Awesome Melanie. We went about 3 miles yesterday. My son is 7, and loving his bike, but it's a single speed, so we don't do to well on hills yet.
I'm actually going to get out this morning for about half an hour and ride before work.

Monday QOTD: Are you in tune with how your body reacts to foods? Do you listen to your body for cue's it gives you?
I'd say I'm not that in tune to my body as far as food goes. I do try to slow down while i'm eating and enjoy the taste. I have noticed lately that spicy foods will give me some heartburn, and really fatty foods tend to run through a little too quickly. That over eating, full bloated feeling is so not fun, but I need to think of that before I go off the deep end.

Originally Posted by MelanieC
I guess it would be my hand weights, and my bike. I don't really have any other equipment

Have a great day everyone!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #682
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

congrats everyone! extra cyber high five for SpcMtnFan!!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #683
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Celebrating me!!

I'm going to toot my own horn and wish myself a happy birthday!

My way of celebrating ME is to stay OP as much as possible today. I originally was thinking that I might hop to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast instead of my usual at home... you know... I DESERVE a nice breakfast. But I started thinking about it. What I REALLY deserve to to be healthy, happy, and slim. So I skipped the Dunkins and really enjoyed my usual breakfast of French Vanilla Cafe and high fiber cereal with skim milk. I deserve a healthy body MORE than I deserve all those Dunkins calories (large latte light with Splenda and a veggie eggwhite flatbread is 9 points!!)

I have been CRAVING fried clams lately... since seeing a newspaper article about a new place that opened. I have been mentally planning how yummy those fried clams, french fries, and onion rings were going to be.... after all, I DESERVE them since I have been working so hard on losing weight. But again, after thinking about it.... I DESERVE a slim healthy body. So our dinner plans are Applebee's where I will order from their WW menu and I am SURE that I will thoroughly enjoy it!.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #684
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

Quote:
What I REALLY deserve to to be healthy, happy, and slim.
P - you are brilliant. What a wonderful way to celebrate, by taking good care of yourself so you can celebrate many, many more times. I am so impressed with the way your thinking has shifted. When unhealthier foods stop looking so much like tempting "rewards" and start looking like impediments to the things you REALLY want, you know your brain is in a new place!

Congratulations to everyone who lost and maintained last week!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #685
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PJLLA!

Congrats and sticking with your plan on your birthday. You are soooo right, we all deserve a healthy body and feeling fit. I'm going to remember this the next time a piece of fried chicken stares me in the face!

This morning I hit my WW 5% goal. And I'm averaging 1.6 pounds per week (not bad for a still inactive old lady). So my next goal is to drop 17 more in the next 11 weeks till my WDW trip. I'll have some mini-goals along the way to keep on track...next one is that 15 pound WISH clippie!

...time to go pack my lunch....

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #686
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, PJLLA!

QOTD Tuesday: Fave equipment?
Favorite equipment at the gym: elliptical machine
Fave accessory: iPod Touch - watching the Biggest Loser on my iPod while I work out is so motivating! Now I'm listening to podcasts and deciding my next show to download.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #687
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Congratulations SpaceMtnFan and to all the other losers!
I'm glad to see our group is heading in the right direction even as our numbers dwindle. Remember there is lots of summer left and plenty of time to get back on track and be ahead of the game when fall rolls around. You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Thanks Lisa. This is such a good reminder, and I'm usually pretty good about not beating myself up after a bad day, and getting right back on the wagon. It's really the mindless eating that can continue for days that gets me in trouble. Have a great day everyone!
Oh, yes, Kathy, the mindless eating. I'll be glad when our new healthy habits have really set and mindless eating is a thing of the past!

Quote:
I'm going to toot my own horn and wish myself a happy birthday!

My way of celebrating ME is to stay OP as much as possible today. I originally was thinking that I might hop to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast instead of my usual at home... you know... I DESERVE a nice breakfast. But I started thinking about it. What I REALLY deserve to to be healthy, happy, and slim. So I skipped the Dunkins and really enjoyed my usual breakfast of French Vanilla Cafe and high fiber cereal with skim milk. I deserve a healthy body MORE than I deserve all those Dunkins calories (large latte light with Splenda and a veggie eggwhite flatbread is 9 points!!)
And that sounded like a reasonably healthy breakfast before you said the points . . .

A great big happy, happy birthday to you, Pamela!

You have so much to celebrate after all your hard work paying off for you! You totally rock and are an inspiration to us all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Congrats and sticking with your plan on your birthday. You are soooo right, we all deserve a healthy body and feeling fit. I'm going to remember this the next time a piece of fried chicken stares me in the face!

This morning I hit my WW 5% goal. And I'm averaging 1.6 pounds per week (not bad for a still inactive old lady). So my next goal is to drop 17more in the next 11 weeks till my WDW trip. I'll have some mini-goals along the way to keep on track...next one is that 15 pound WISH clippie!
And a great big congratulations to you, Jackie, for making your mini-goal. I'm chasing the 15 pound WISH clippie, too. I am going to have to work really hard the next few days to get there.

Have a great day, losers!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #688
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

I think I am caught up on reading now, WOW, I had a ways to go.

Congrat's to all the losers this week, great job!!

No time to respond to posts but hopefully the internet will corporate and stay on-line for a few more days until our new modem comes in.

Going to try and get my moose back into my sig too.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #689
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post

This morning I hit my WW 5% goal. And I'm averaging 1.6 pounds per week (not bad for a still inactive old lady). So my next goal is to drop 17 more in the next 11 weeks till my WDW trip. I'll have some mini-goals along the way to keep on track...next one is that 15 pound WISH clippie!

...time to go pack my lunch....

Way to go on the 5%... I remember that moment and it was exciting.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #690
robinb
DIS Veteran

He everyone! I'm back in the challenge . I PM'd my starting weight to LuvsBaloo and I am ready to go. I am sad to say that I am at exactly the same weight I was at when I started the LAST challenge. BUT ... I started Weight Watcher's (again *sigh*) this week and I am way more accountable than I was last time.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: