Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #631
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Welcome to our 3 newbies!

Saturday QOTD: OP Meal Out?
A Panera Bread salad with dressing on the side. I am anxious to hear other responses, because I have trouble dining out unless I'm not worried about calories.

Sunday QOTD: Fave kitchen gadget?
Hmm...I guess the Magic Bullet though I don't use it as much as I used to. Crock Pot is great too. My wish list kitchen item is really for a personal chef - I just know I'd eat much healthier if veggies were already prepared for me! Runner up is for a dutch oven and one of those chopper things.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #632
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Is this yesterday's question? I didn't see it yesterday. Not sure how I missed it.
Nope - sorry I posted the question this morning. I wasn't able to get online yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianna07 View Post
This looks like a very motivating group and I would love to join up. I have been struggling for so long and can't take it anymore. I am a Weight Watcher but struggle daily with tracking and eating within my points. I've been with WW for 2 years and have lost 30 pounds but I have a WAYS to go to my goal weight. For now I am shooting for 10% at a time. I'll PM my current WW weight from Sat (which is my usual weigh in day).

I was reading some past posts about sparkpeople and I also signed up this evening as well. Here's to getting rid of the next 10%!
You'll love Sparkpeople!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
I decided to try something difference and post those who haven't reported in yet this week. That way, if any of the missing are reading, please send me your weigh in for June 12:
luvthemouse71
maznorm
MelanieC (you must be on here, you're the coach this week! )
My2E's
estherhead
mefordis
njcarita
dizneedoll
PrincessVija
RangerPooh
Sorry - My WI routine got messed up on Friday when I got up early and worked out. I accidently ate immediently after eating I just sent to you. I used Thursday's WI since I had it written down. I didn't WI yesterday because I was rushing to get ready and we left the house when I was rushing. I lost .6 this week as of Thursday.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #633
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more

Oh - forgot to mention that I walked/ran 4 miles today I burned over 400 calories
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
Old 06-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #634
maznorm
Mouseketeer

I am a little late to the party this week.

QUOTE=Eeyores Butterfly;32153608]Saturday QOTD: What is the biggest obstacle to your weight loss and how will you address it?[/QUOTE]

I guess I am. I just love food so much lol. I can do really well for a couple of weeks and then as much as I am motivated in my head, it doesnít seem to follow through to reality. I will spend all day planning to get on the treadmill and eat healthily and then go home and have takeout and lounge on the couch. Then, Iíll have a chocolate bar lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Sunday QOTD: If you could have any role at WDW, what would it be?
I would be the person who gives out special wishes. That would be an awesome job.

Quote:
MONDAY QOTD: What is your favorite "bad food"? Do you stay away from it all together or do you find a way to work it in?
My favourite bad food is chocolate. Anything else I can find a suitable alternative for but when I need chocolate I need the real deal. I try to work it into my daily points where I can.

Quote:
Tuesday QOTD: What is your favorite non Disney vacation?
We seem to do Disney every year. Even when we donít do Disney we stay in Orlando, so I guess it would have to be that.

I live in the UK, so anything American is a real treat for me.

Quote:
Wednesday QOTD: What is your favorite "activity"?
I used to be a dancer but I am too big for that. When I have lost weight I would love to go to some adult dance classes again. Nothing can make you forget all your worries as quickly as dancing can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Friday QOTD: What is your favorite Fruit & favorite veggie?
I am not a big fan of fruit, I have to make myself eat it. When I do eat it, I generally go for bananas, grapes and currently, apples.

Vegetables, on the other hand, I love. I love broccoli, cauliflour, brussels sprouts (Yes, really), butternut squash, parsnips, mushrooms. The list could go on and on, the only veg I am not particularly fond of is cooked carrots.

Saturday QOTD:

What is your favorite healthy OP meal to eat out?

Sushi, I love it!!

Sunday QOTD:

What is your favorite cooking item that you use to cook or make healthy meals. What is a cooking item you are wanting?

I love our George Foreman Grill and hotplate. We can even do fried eggs on it without using any oil.

I keep saying I am going to buy a food processor. I love salad but I can never be bothered with all of the chopping. If I had a processor I would just throw it all in and chop it like coleslaw. Perfect!!

I did really badly this week. I started out all motivated, like I can do this and Iím gonna eat right and exercise, blah blah blah, but it never really materialised.

I gained a pound which is really annoying and even though I was motivated to get it right this week, it seem to be going the same way as the last one. I need to get back on track. This is about the point I usually give up and get back to my old bad habits. I need to decide now that it is time I take control.

I now weigh 202 pounds. I havenít even hit my silver 7 yet. I need to get down to 199 to get that. Then, to hit my 5% goal, I need to get down to 196.

I wish I knew how to transfer the motivation in my head to my body but nothing seem to work for me at the moment.

Last night, my hubby and I ate a really nice, filling, healthy dinner, but then 2 hours later, we pigged out on crisps (chips), chocolate and all manner of things. I looked over at the table of shame and got onto my Wii Active, but no doubt I will gain again this week.

I am going on an activity weekend so maybe that will motivate me to be healthier.

maznorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #635
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a great on program weekend. I did not. I had a nice weekend, just not on track. Went totally out of control and into bad habits at my nephew's graduation party. It was a very emotional day, with my mom realizing this would most likely be her only grandchild that she sees graduate, but she went to the graduation, and some old friends came to the party, and she had a wonderful day, full of love and laughter, and it was beautiful. Today is a new day, and I am deciding right now, that i need to make time for myself, and really concentrate on taking care of me too. I love this thread and the support and inspiration I get here, so I'm going to concentrate on coming on here more often, and also I'm going to start journalling again today. I know if I'm eating healthy, and on track, that will help me deal with the stress of life. I'm up 2.2 this morning, and if I can stick within my points, I can see most of that gone by friday.

qotd friday- my fav fruits are berries, straw, blue, and raspberries. They are all so good lately, and next week we can start picking your own strawberries. Fav veggie is corn on the cob.

Sat- OP meal out would be panera soups- black bean is my fav, chicken noodle and southwest chicken are also good. with the french bread, they are between 5-7 points. My son loves the chicken noodle, so we go there often.

Sunday- I'm not fancy in the kitchen, but I would have to say the grill is my healthiest item. I would like to get a magic bullet. My blender is about 20 years old, and not very good with the ice.

A big congratulations to all our losers this week!! I saw some awesome numbers lost --Whoo hoo, Lisa, Dona, Tink, lulamc, and all the others!! Nice work!!!
hugs to those who have gained or maintained. Don't give up. Persistence will get us all to our goals, and I'm remembering a quote I heard here before, it's the journey, not the destination. Just keep on that journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
I too am losing weight and thought I'd pop on to check you guys out. I see my lovely sis is here - HEY SIS!!!! And I'm having a little "trouble" getting and staying back on plan... I've got 3 months to sail and DO NOT want to stabilize here... ARGHHH.

So, I'm going to catch up on the thread and see if I get motivated...

and just cuz - my favorite fruit is banana's but I love all of them! Veggie - hmm that's hard - I'd have to say romaine - because I really love salads - but asparagus, green beans (french cut) are really high up there and I am probably one of the few who DOES like brussel sprouts! ? you ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Look....there's my sister! Hi sister

We're both up late as tonight was our booking window for Palo and excursions for our September cruise.

I'm kind of frazzled from all the excitment on our meets thread tonight..the joy, the tears, the drama!

So I'm going to have a big glass of water and go to bed!

Goodnight loosers!

Are you guys twins? You look like the same person in your avatars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
I need to get back on track. This is about the point I usually give up and get back to my old bad habits. I need to decide now that it is time I take control.

This was so helpful to me this morning. I also need to take control of my eating and it can be so hard to do. We can do this together, one day at a time. Congrats on your loss to date! You can do it!! We all can do it!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #636
princessCKL
Mouseketeer

Can I join? Please

Hi, I'm a kindergarten teacher and I work part time at my local DS. I am going to WDW at the end of July and would like to lose 10lbs by then. My big goal though is to lose a total of 75 lbs before a Disney Cruise June 2010. Can I join your group, please!
Ck
princessCKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:12 AM   #637
Julianna07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I used to be a dancer but I am too big for that. When I have lost weight I would love to go to some adult dance classes again. Nothing can make you forget all your worries as quickly as dancing can.
I was thinking about this and I want to encourage you to try dancing again. It is a fabulous exercise and since you love it so much you shouldn't put it behind you. If you feel you can't do one style, try another. I work at a Ballroom Dance Studio and I see all body types dancing. I am one of those large body types. I also love to dance and I am working on choreography to perform in February at our showcase. I am currently over 250 lbs and I would love to be around 200 when I perform in February 2010. I am still dancing. I started dancing at 285 lbs.

Ballroom, Jazz, Bellydance, Zumba, Hula, Tap, Ballet... the list is endless... Bellydancing is alot of fun and a great Abs workout. In most studios, You don't need a partner. I would hate for you to think you can't and not try.

I'm sorry to be preachy, when I sensed your love of dance I thought she can't give up on it. Our catch phrase at work is "Everybody CAN Dance.
If you can walk, you can learn to dance."
Back2Back on the Wonder Nov 9 and Nov 14 2014
Julianna07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #638
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post

Are you guys twins? You look like the same person in your avatars.

Well, I'm nearly a decade older, so nope, not twins. I'm trying to remember when my Avatar photo was taken and it was an early WDW trip, so that photo is at least seven years ago. Maybe I'll get a new photo with my friend Tigger this September.

I'm 'refocusing' this week. Had too many meals out last week and too many days of not tracking on WW on line. This is how bad habits slip back in. So, I'm signing off and moseying into the kitchen to pack up my lunch and make some breakfast!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #639
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
I did really badly this week. I started out all motivated, like I can do this and Iím gonna eat right and exercise, blah blah blah, but it never really materialised.

I gained a pound which is really annoying and even though I was motivated to get it right this week, it seem to be going the same way as the last one. I need to get back on track. This is about the point I usually give up and get back to my old bad habits. I need to decide now that it is time I take control.

I now weigh 202 pounds. I havenít even hit my silver 7 yet. I need to get down to 199 to get that. Then, to hit my 5% goal, I need to get down to 196.

I wish I knew how to transfer the motivation in my head to my body but nothing seem to work for me at the moment.

Last night, my hubby and I ate a really nice, filling, healthy dinner, but then 2 hours later, we pigged out on crisps (chips), chocolate and all manner of things. I looked over at the table of shame and got onto my Wii Active, but no doubt I will gain again this week.

I am going on an activity weekend so maybe that will motivate me to be healthier.
Don't give up on this week yet. If you don't weigh in until Friday or Saturday, you could still have a loss if you are good for the rest of the week.

I can totally understand your feelings. Evenings are a tough time for me. I can have a GREAT day on plan, resisting lots of goodies and then at 8 or 9 pm I will blow my great day on a handful of chips or an unplanned cup of ice cream. I get mad at myself, but I try REALLY hard not to carry that frustration over to the next day. Let it go and move on. Start fresh today. You can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a great on program weekend. I did not. I had a nice weekend, just not on track. Went totally out of control and into bad habits at my nephew's graduation party. It was a very emotional day, with my mom realizing this would most likely be her only grandchild that she sees graduate, but she went to the graduation, and some old friends came to the party, and she had a wonderful day, full of love and laughter, and it was beautiful. Today is a new day, and I am deciding right now, that i need to make time for myself, and really concentrate on taking care of me too. I love this thread and the support and inspiration I get here, so I'm going to concentrate on coming on here more often, and also I'm going to start journalling again today. I know if I'm eating healthy, and on track, that will help me deal with the stress of life. I'm up 2.2 this morning, and if I can stick within my points, I can see most of that gone by friday.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Glad to hear that your Mom had a nice day. I'm sure that the upcoming months will be full of bittersweet moments for you and your Mom. But I agree that taking care of YOURSELF (while you are taking care of your Mom and everyone else) will definitely pay off in the long run. Adding the frustration of being out of control with your eating and exercise to all of the frustration and stress you are sure to be experiencing will definitely not help. Like I said before.... you can't control your Mom's illness, but you can control what you do FOR YOURSELF! Control what you can and help Mom with the things that you (and she) can't control. I will continue to pray for you and your Mom.

Oops... I thought I had another quote here. I'll go check on it.........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #640
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessCKL View Post
Hi, I'm a kindergarten teacher and I work part time at my local DS. I am going to WDW at the end of July and would like to lose 10lbs by then. My big goal though is to lose a total of 75 lbs before a Disney Cruise June 2010. Can I join your group, please!
Ck
Welcome to our group! Ten pounds by the end of July will be tough, but doable. When is your Disney cruise? You could SO be at your goal weight by then, depending on when in 2010 it is. Wouldn't that be a great feeling?!!

What kind of eating plan are you on?? Many of us are on Weight Watchers, lots of people count calories with online groups like sparkpeople.com, a few are doing South Beach (if I recall properly). So no matter what your plan, you will have support here. PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo. She is our official weight keeper. Weigh-in day is Friday, but if you weigh in another day just PM her your weight on Fridays so that she doesn't get confused. Glad to have you aboard.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #641
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning, losers!

A big to Julianna07 and another big to Princess CKL. Sounds like you have already PM'd your weigh in to LuvBaloo. Your first weighins will be on Friday, 6/19. Peggy Jo lots of room here for you too if you would like to officially join us.

Saturday QOTD: What is your favorite healthy OP meal to eat out?

I haven't been eating out since starting WW. I know Applebee's has the WW meals and I will try those since I am sure the oriental chicken salad I like is probably a point buster! I did use the pasta cheat sheet on the WW site to calculate a heathly pasta dinner and it worked out well. I just had to keep saying "no bread, please" about a dozen times!

Sunday QOTD: What is your favorite cooking item that you use to cook or make healthy meals. What is a cooking item you are wanting?

My favorite cooking item would be fresh herbs from my herb pot in my backyard. I have chives and basil right now. I hope to add some thyme and sage soon. It is fun to just walk out and chop a little of what you need and you can't beat the fresh flavor. If you would talking about utensils or something, then it would be the crockpot. I love that thing but need to learn some healthier options.

I found some tahini, MelanieC, so will be making your hummus soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianna07 View Post
This looks like a very motivating group and I would love to join up. I have been struggling for so long and can't take it anymore. I am a Weight Watcher but struggle daily with tracking and eating within my points. I've been with WW for 2 years and have lost 30 pounds but I have a WAYS to go to my goal weight. For now I am shooting for 10% at a time. I'll PM my current WW weight from Sat (which is my usual weigh in day).

I was reading some past posts about sparkpeople and I also signed up this evening as well. Here's to getting rid of the next 10%!
I like sparkpeople, too, and I have to do things in small goals or it is just too overwhelming. I just passed a lot of my initial goals, 1st 5 and 10 pounds, five percent, double digits to final goal, and am so close to 15 pounds and 10%, that I should be there in no time. It really helps to have smaller, realistic goals.

Pamela, nice job on the dress. I am sure that you will look beautiful!

Kathy, sounds like graduation was fun and your Mom enjoyed herself. I am glad that you are remembering to take care of Kathy while you take care of everyone else!

Sounds like we could all use a little heading in the right direction and forgiving ourselves for our mistakes. Here is a quote from Sparkpeople that might be helpful to some of us now:

Remembering the good times and learning from the bad.Memory can be used for good or for evil. If you use your past as a source of learning, it's worth remembering. If, however, all you do is mull over your mistakes and punish yourself for your failures, it's a waste of time. Rehashing failure can paralyze you in mortal fear of making another mistake, which, of course, just makes the feeling worse and practically guarantees future letdowns. The key to making meaningful changes is to pay more attention to the future than to the past. Have you ever noticed that the best athletes also have the shortest and most selective memories? Instead of dwelling on a missed shot or a flawed dive, they concentrate on making corrections and getting the next one right. It's as if the failed attempt never happened. It's forgotten and they don't fear trying again. If you mess up, even in an epic, life-altering way, work hard to leave it behind and concentrate on the possibilities yet to come. Tomorrow is much brighter when it's not smeared with a fixation on yesterday.

So for those of us who strayed from our good heathy habits this week, forgive yourself, learn from your mistake, and spend that energy looking forward instead of kicking yourself for being human.

Have a great, OP day!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #642
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Great quote, Lisa! I saved that one.
Welcome to our newest "newbies!"
It's a stressful day at work, but I'm determined to be on plan and try and relax. I've been doing better lately with not getting overly stressed out about work - or at least letting things go once the work day is done.

Have a great, fit day, everyone!
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #643
tink1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulamc View Post
Friday QOTD: What is your favorite Fruit & favorite veggie?

So, are tomatoes a fruit or a vegetable? I'll call it my favorite veggie, along with zuchinni. My favorite fruit - hard to pick one - they all end in 'berry' though!

I am thrilled to say I had a good weight loss this week after a really hard week last week. Down 4.1 pounds from last Friday to this Saturday (couldn't weigh yesterday - long story.)

I had set a mini goal for myself to lose 30 pounds by the time we went to Disney. So far, I've lost 27.5! I need to lose 2.5 by Friday to meet my goal - it's possible!
Wow that's a great lose and so very close to your goal. I know you can reach that goal by friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
I too am losing weight and thought I'd pop on to check you guys out. I see my lovely sis is here - HEY SIS!!!! And I'm having a little "trouble" getting and staying back on plan... I've got 3 months to sail and DO NOT want to stabilize here... ARGHHH.

So, I'm going to catch up on the thread and see if I get motivated...

and just cuz - my favorite fruit is banana's but I love all of them! Veggie - hmm that's hard - I'd have to say romaine - because I really love salads - but asparagus, green beans (french cut) are really high up there and I am probably one of the few who DOES like brussel sprouts! ? you ask?
Hi Peggy, nice to see you here.

Saturday QOTD: OP Meal Out?
Chili's Guiltless Grill Carne Asada Steak. really good, comes with steamed veggies and I also had a cup of black beans. If I recall off the top of my head the steak is 7 points plus 1 point for the black beans.

Sunday QOTD: Fave kitchen gadget?
Can't say as I really have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Sounds like we could all use a little heading in the right direction and forgiving ourselves for our mistakes. Here is a quote from Sparkpeople that might be helpful to some of us now:

Remembering the good times and learning from the bad.Memory can be used for good or for evil. If you use your past as a source of learning, it's worth remembering. If, however, all you do is mull over your mistakes and punish yourself for your failures, it's a waste of time. Rehashing failure can paralyze you in mortal fear of making another mistake, which, of course, just makes the feeling worse and practically guarantees future letdowns. The key to making meaningful changes is to pay more attention to the future than to the past. Have you ever noticed that the best athletes also have the shortest and most selective memories? Instead of dwelling on a missed shot or a flawed dive, they concentrate on making corrections and getting the next one right. It's as if the failed attempt never happened. It's forgotten and they don't fear trying again. If you mess up, even in an epic, life-altering way, work hard to leave it behind and concentrate on the possibilities yet to come. Tomorrow is much brighter when it's not smeared with a fixation on yesterday.

So for those of us who strayed from our good heathy habits this week, forgive yourself, learn from your mistake, and spend that energy looking forward instead of kicking yourself for being human.

Have a great, OP day!
Thanks for sharing, I really needed this one today. We spent the weekend in Monterey and I did not eat OP. We have a favorite Pizza place there, Gianni's, and we ate there 3 times over the weekend. Yes we really love it that much. (we can't find pizza this good at home) But the weekend was awesome. We spent sat at the aquarium and spent sunday with DIS friends who came down from San Jose to spend the day together. And today is a new day, the weekend is over and I'm back on program. And it is a nice feeling to put the weekend behind me, not feel any guilt about it and be positivily motivated.

Last edited by tink1963; 06-15-2009 at 10:23 AM.
tink1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #644
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more

Quote:
Monday QOTD:

Are you in tune with how your body reacts to foods? Do you listen to your body for cue's it gives you?
I was listening to Jillian Michael's podcast's this weekend (making up for the weeks I haven't listened) and she was talking about people not being in tune with how their bodies feel when they eat certain foods.

This got me to thinking that I really don't pay attention. You hear all the time about people being allergic to certain things like dairy, gluten, etc. I've always thought - those things don't apply to me...........but there are times when I come back from lunch out and my stomach is bloated, swollen, etc. and I really have no idea why.

I really think I want to pay better attention to how my body responds to certain foods.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #645
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Morning all. Hope everyone is having a great op day! I am on WW and have been staying exactly on my target points every day so I decided to break it up and have a high point day yesterday. My dh and I went to the new Sonic in town as neither of us has ever been to one and he really wanted to go. I purposefully ordered a lot of food and had my high point day. I used 17 of my weekly points but it was such a large unhealthy meal and I had a hard time sleeping last night because I just didn't feel good, ya know? Anyway, I hope the plan to shake it up works because I would really like to see some bigger losses!

Have a great one!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: