Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #616
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Ugh. I haven't read the thread for at least a week-- lots to catch up on. Well I'm up a pound this week. Stil under 150 which has me very pleased as I have maintained my main weight loss of 25 pounds for almost 3 months but I still want to see 140. I'm blaming the pound mostly on the Krispy Cremes. I went to a huge garage sale in a neighborhood with 129 families participating and they had all kinds of goodies including the cub scouts selling the doughnuts. I resisted in the AM when they were $12 a box but could not walk by $8 box later in the day lol. Haven't been eating as well as I should, been eating too much at night when I think I'm going to go dumpster dive the college campus then decide to not go lol. Finally went a few nights ago and we'll just say I got a lot of stuff. Literally a couple of hundred dollars worth of food--canned albacore tuna and salmon, coffee, unopened boxed of pastas, soups, cereal, rice, etc. etc. Clothes laundry detergent-- you name it. Nice for the students to be overwhelmingly health conscious these days-- I now have a lifetime supply of Flax. So today I am organizing all this stuff. The only way I do it these days is to do it the Fly Lady way so I actually cleaned out an entire junk drawer last night. The horror...I think I'm going to have a garage sale this summer. I will tell you I'm gonna have a great free box. All the organizing did help me to lose the weight I did before too. I've been watching Clean house too, just discovered that lately. they have some great ideas with organization. Waiting for my sons finacial aid to come through, we figured out last night for one 4 credit class at the community college it will be about $400. Criminey. Had no idea just how much school cost. My stepdad will have a coronary too if I don't go ahead and get him registered for a summer class so he will have a better selection in the fall.(returning students get first choice) Honestly it just seems like a waste of money to me. Guess my new hobby will be--look for money for son for school lol. He is high functioning autistic so it will be me doing everything even though I don't have a clue...This is the sort of thing that makes me eat and badly.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #617
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

I'm back from my trip to Washington D.C. and Virginia. It was lots of fun and kind of hectic. I piggy-backed my nearly 6 year old son from the Capitol to the Smithsonian museums on Wednesday. Whew - as they'd say in the Jungle Book, 40 pounds of scrawny man-cub!

It is HARD to stay on plan while traveling. I did not count my food but did calculate some of my activity for some weird reason. I had a nice jog in Charlottesville that included mulberries and chickens and at the end, a shop called "Ultimate Bliss" which was closed at that hour of the morning.

Food-wise, I have a harder time, I sometimes think, being a vegetarian because I am going going to get the grilled chicken or fish and sometimes the vegetarian option is not what I'd want it to be. The main thing, though, was not to eat way too much at any time and I only had a few bites of others' desserts. I came back, weighed in the next day and was down .6, so I'm going to count that as a big:

I wrote up some answers to the QOTD's but they were on DH's laptop and I think they got lost in the shut-down. Oh well.

DS's birthday party tomorrow. I do not expect the cake will be remotely tempting. The place we are going to does not allow you to bring food in, so it is a a storebought cake. Not even worth it to me.

Have a great weekend!
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #618
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Happy Saturday, losers! Hope that everyone is having a great, OP day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulamc View Post
I am thrilled to say I had a good weight loss this week after a really hard week last week. Down 4.1 pounds from last Friday to this Saturday (couldn't weigh yesterday - long story.)

I had set a mini goal for myself to lose 30 pounds by the time we went to Disney. So far, I've lost 27.5! I need to lose 2.5 by Friday to meet my goal - it's possible!
Great job and how exciting to be so close to your mini goal! Keep up the good work and enjoy your Disney trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
Congratulations to all the losers!! It has been over a week since I was on here. Been busy with work and lots of other stuff. Hopefully this week will be better b/c I gained weight.
Hope this week is better for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Ugh. I haven't read the thread for at least a week-- lots to catch up on. Well I'm up a pound this week. Stil under 150 which has me very pleased as I have maintained my main weight loss of 25 pounds for almost 3 months but I still want to see 140.
It will take awhile for your body to adjust after all that hard work so don't be too hard on yourself and get right back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
I'm back from my trip to Washington D.C. and Virginia. It was lots of fun and kind of hectic. I piggy-backed my nearly 6 year old son from the Capitol to the Smithsonian museums on Wednesday. Whew - as they'd say in the Jungle Book, 40 pounds of scrawny man-cub!

It is HARD to stay on plan while traveling. I did not count my food but did calculate some of my activity for some weird reason. I had a nice jog in Charlottesville that included mulberries and chickens and at the end, a shop called "Ultimate Bliss" which was closed at that hour of the morning.
Glad that you had a good time on your trip. I think lugging man-cub around is worth some activity!

When I went to the grocery store this morning I had a nice treat. The Budweiser Clydesdales were at our fairgrounds running around in a pasture. They are here for a car show this week-end and an event at our local amusement park. It was fun to see them just frisking around not in a stall or hooked up to the wagon. They were so happy and playful and absolutely beautiful!

Have a good day, losers!

Last edited by lisah0711; 06-14-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: fix spelling error
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #619
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

I've been off DIS for a few days traveling for work. Eating well and working out was a definite challenge this trip. I only officially worked out once in 4 days and breakfast was my only real OP meal each day. I tried, but not great. I ended the week at 0.6 pounds up from last week. *sigh* Not as bad as it could have been, but definitely not the right direction!

Friday QOTD: What is your favorite Fruit & favorite veggie?
Fruit: strawberries, for sure
Veggie: Broccoli, 2nd place green beans, 3rd place carrots
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:21 AM   #620
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Checking you guys out!

I too am losing weight and thought I'd pop on to check you guys out. I see my lovely sis is here - HEY SIS!!!! And I'm having a little "trouble" getting and staying back on plan... I've got 3 months to sail and DO NOT want to stabilize here... ARGHHH.

So, I'm going to catch up on the thread and see if I get motivated...

and just cuz - my favorite fruit is banana's but I love all of them! Veggie - hmm that's hard - I'd have to say romaine - because I really love salads - but asparagus, green beans (french cut) are really high up there and I am probably one of the few who DOES like brussel sprouts! ? you ask?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:40 AM   #621
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Look....there's my sister! Hi sister

We're both up late as tonight was our booking window for Palo and excursions for our September cruise.

I'm kind of frazzled from all the excitment on our meets thread tonight..the joy, the tears, the drama!

So I'm going to have a big glass of water and go to bed!

Goodnight loosers!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:00 AM   #622
sdchickie
Fan of the Mouse!

Is it too late to join the club? (I ask as I'm stuffing my face with a Pizza Hut pan pizza slice) I really need some extra motivation. I'm going on my first Disney cruise for Halloween and need to loose around 20lbs. to fit into my halloween costume (which I found on e-bay, but aparently I'm no longer a size 12 - Yikes!) I just registered on sparkpeople since I saw a few other people on here are also in there hopefuly that helps too. I can't wait to post that I've lost my first pound.

sdchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 AM   #623
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

sdchickie! Please be sure and PM your starting weight to our weightkeeper, LuvBaloo. Your first weigh in will be Friday, June 19th. You may want to check out the sticky at the top of the WISH boards for important info about our challenge. Also, p. 1, post 12 has info to get to the COW (Challenge of the Week) a fun way to build healthy habits. Oh, yeah, grab a clippie, too. What is your Halloween costume?

TiggersPal! Thanks for checking us out and we hope that you decide to stay. A friend of Jackie's is a friend of ours. You are one of the few people I've met who like brussel sprouts -- DH calls them Barbie doll cabbage. Sounds like you and Jackie are both working hard to get ready for your upcoming cruise. Good luck! And did you get your Palo reservations?

Have a great day losers!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #624
sdchickie
Fan of the Mouse!

[QUOTE=lisah0711;32265425] sdchickie! Please be sure and PM your starting weight to our weightkeeper, LuvBaloo. Your first weigh in will be Friday, June 19th. You may want to check out the sticky at the top of the WISH boards for important info about our challenge. Also, p. 1, post 12 has info to get to the COW (Challenge of the Week) a fun way to build healthy habits. Oh, yeah, grab a clippie, too. What is your Halloween costume?
I'm going as Wendy Darling, my Mom is going to be Peter Pan, my son is going as Captian Hook, and my daughter is going as Tink.
Should be fun as long as we all fit in our costumes come Oct. I'll PM LuvBaloo with my info.

sdchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #625
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
I am very happy with my weigh in today -- down 3.5 pounds! I had been down 6.5 at one time this week but that was due to illness and I didn't know how much would truly stay away. That makes me down 10 pounds for this challenge and over 5% down since the beginning of the year.
Congrat's on the 3.5 pounds - Woo hoo that is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I am down 3 from last week.
Woo hoo! 3 pounds is awesome too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
another maintain week here -- i'm glad i certainly haven't been eating OP like i mean to every morning
Hang in there - Maintaining is still awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1963 View Post
I am really proud to report that I'm down 2 lbs this week. I think I have over come my plateau. I have concluded that I have not been eating enough. I earn 6+ activity points daily on WW and I never use them. I also have not been using my 35 weekly points. I have over the last few weeks been using my weekly points spread out each day and now I'm starting to see bigger losses. (I was only getting a few 10th's up then down)

and I also got to change my WISH ribbon today too. 10.8 since starting WISH at the beginning of the year and 36.2 on WW.
Woo hoo - congrat's on this weeks and your total loss - that is fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulamc View Post
I am thrilled to say I had a good weight loss this week after a really hard week last week. Down 4.1 pounds from last Friday to this Saturday (couldn't weigh yesterday - long story.)

I had set a mini goal for myself to lose 30 pounds by the time we went to Disney. So far, I've lost 27.5! I need to lose 2.5 by Friday to meet my goal - it's possible!
Man we have some fabulous losses - 4.1 is so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
Congratulations to all the losers!! It has been over a week since I was on here. Been busy with work and lots of other stuff. Hopefully this week will be better b/c I gained weight. I guess b/c I haven't eaten what I should have - even though I wasn't over on calories and I have somehow managed to hurt my ankle and can't exercise.

I was happy last week b/c cause I lost weight - I guess I just needed to stick with what I did last week , because I sure didn't lose weight this week!

I love stuff like cupcakes and ice cream - there are cupcakes in my kitchen right now that my mom made for my nephew's tball team and I really want one, but yesterday we had McDonald's twice!

Like others have said it is me. I know what I need to do, but choose not to.

We love to go to the Great Smokey Mountains. I love to camp there, but I can't wait to get back to Disney on the July 4th - no parks this time but we are going to enjoy the campground.
Hang in there - this is a whole new week. Just make a pledge to start working your program starting right now and take it day by day. You can do it.

We love the Smoky Mountains too. We rent cabins up in Seiverville (probably not spelled right, lol) all the time with my mom and my aunt. Last summer we rented the owners cabin that was a 5 bedroom unit that was absolutely beautiful. Nothing better than sleeping under a tin roof when it rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Well I'm up a pound this week. Stil under 150 which has me very pleased as I have maintained my main weight loss of 25 pounds for almost 3 months but I still want to see 140. I'm blaming the pound mostly on the Krispy Cremes. I went to a huge garage sale in a neighborhood with 129 families participating and they had all kinds of goodies including the cub scouts selling the doughnuts. I resisted in the AM when they were $12 a box but could not walk by $8 box later in the day lol. Haven't been eating as well as I should, been eating too much at night when I think I'm going to go dumpster dive the college campus then decide to not go lol. Finally went a few nights ago and we'll just say I got a lot of stuff. Literally a couple of hundred dollars worth of food--canned albacore tuna and salmon, coffee, unopened boxed of pastas, soups, cereal, rice, etc. etc. Clothes laundry detergent-- you name it. Nice for the students to be overwhelmingly health conscious these days-- I now have a lifetime supply of Flax. So today I am organizing all this stuff. The only way I do it these days is to do it the Fly Lady way so I actually cleaned out an entire junk drawer last night. The horror...I think I'm going to have a garage sale this summer. I will tell you I'm gonna have a great free box. All the organizing did help me to lose the weight I did before too. I've been watching Clean house too, just discovered that lately. they have some great ideas with organization. Waiting for my sons finacial aid to come through, we figured out last night for one 4 credit class at the community college it will be about $400. Criminey. Had no idea just how much school cost. My stepdad will have a coronary too if I don't go ahead and get him registered for a summer class so he will have a better selection in the fall.(returning students get first choice) Honestly it just seems like a waste of money to me. Guess my new hobby will be--look for money for son for school lol. He is high functioning autistic so it will be me doing everything even though I don't have a clue...This is the sort of thing that makes me eat and badly.
Hang in there - Your at least maintaining your weight and the 1 pound is just water. I know what you mean about school. DD17 will be going out of state and is looking at Missouri (we go there next weekend to look at the school) and it's going to cost a fortune. You would think that there would be all sorts of scholorships for your son since he has autism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post

Food-wise, I have a harder time, I sometimes think, being a vegetarian because I am going going to get the grilled chicken or fish and sometimes the vegetarian option is not what I'd want it to be. The main thing, though, was not to eat way too much at any time and I only had a few bites of others' desserts. I came back, weighed in the next day and was down .6, so I'm going to count that as a big
That is awesome considering you were out of town. Hopefully next weekend I can be OP and have a happy ending the following WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
When I went to the grocery store this morning I had a nice treat. The Budweiser Clydesdales were at our fairgrounds running around in a pasture. They are hear for a car show this week-end and an event at our local amusement park. It was fun to see them just frisking around not in a stall or hooked up to the wagon. They were so happy and playful and absolutely beautiful!
How cool about the Clydesdales. They are such beautiful and graceful horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
I've been off DIS for a few days traveling for work. Eating well and working out was a definite challenge this trip. I only officially worked out once in 4 days and breakfast was my only real OP meal each day. I tried, but not great. I ended the week at 0.6 pounds up from last week. *sigh* Not as bad as it could have been, but definitely not the right direction!
Hang in there - .6 is not bad considering you were away. It will be much better next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
I too am losing weight and thought I'd pop on to check you guys out. I see my lovely sis is here - HEY SIS!!!! And I'm having a little "trouble" getting and staying back on plan... I've got 3 months to sail and DO NOT want to stabilize here... ARGHHH.

So, I'm going to catch up on the thread and see if I get motivated...

and just cuz - my favorite fruit is banana's but I love all of them! Veggie - hmm that's hard - I'd have to say romaine - because I really love salads - but asparagus, green beans (french cut) are really high up there and I am probably one of the few who DOES like brussel sprouts! ? you ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Look....there's my sister! Hi sister

We're both up late as tonight was our booking window for Palo and excursions for our September cruise.

I'm kind of frazzled from all the excitment on our meets thread tonight..the joy, the tears, the drama!

So I'm going to have a big glass of water and go to bed!

Goodnight loosers!

HOpe the glass of water and sleep did you good

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchickie View Post
Is it too late to join the club? (I ask as I'm stuffing my face with a Pizza Hut pan pizza slice) I really need some extra motivation. I'm going on my first Disney cruise for Halloween and need to loose around 20lbs. to fit into my halloween costume (which I found on e-bay, but aparently I'm no longer a size 12 - Yikes!) I just registered on sparkpeople since I saw a few other people on here are also in there hopefuly that helps too. I can't wait to post that I've lost my first pound.
It's absolutely NEVER too late to joing I use sparkpeople and love it.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #626
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Sorry I didn't get to check in yesterday to give you the QOTD. We left early and I thought I could get on last night but we ended up going and seeing UP (very good) and it was so late when we got home.

Quote:
Saturday QOTD:

What is your favorite healthy OP meal to eat out?
Mine is sushi: Seaweed salad and brown rice sushi

Sunday QOTD:

What is your favorite cooking item that you use to cook or make healthy meals. What is a cooking item you are wanting?

Things that I have - I probably use my blender, magic bullet and food processor the most. The problem is, they aren't powerful enough for some of the things I try to use them for.

I'm ordering a vitamix for my birthday next month (ordering it today) and I"m so excited. I also would like to get a dehydrator to dry fruits and make my own whole grain srouted crackers. I have also been thinking about getting a spyralizer. You use it to thinly spiral veggies and things like that to use in recipes.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #627
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Howdy all my friends! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and eating well.

Saturday QOTD:

What is your favorite healthy OP meal to eat out?

Is this yesterday's question? I didn't see it yesterday. Not sure how I missed it. Anyhow, I can really think of two things that I can easily order out without going off program. One is a 6" turkey or ham on honey oat bread sub from Subway. Lots of spinach, tomato, onion, cucumber, and a few pickle slices. No cheese, no oil, no mayo.... VERY yummy and filling. Watch out for their flatbread.... it is about 7 grams of fat more than a regular 6" sub!! (Although DD said it is good!)

The second thing is a WW meal from Applebee's. Sadly, my family members are not big fans of Applebees... I have to INSIST on eating there if I really want to go. I like the steak meal (not sure if it is a sirlion or what) with potato and veggie. Delicious and filling and low points! And sometimes I ask for double veggie and no potato.

Sunday QOTD:

What is your favorite cooking item that you use to cook or make healthy meals. What is a cooking item you are wanting?

Hard to answer. I HATE cooking of any sort (including grilling and baking). I do appreciate my Foreman grill, though, especially in the winter. I didn't want one, but DMIL bought it for me and I actually use it. I don't have many fancy cooking gadgets. I've never owned a food processor. I recently bought a mini Cuisinart at Costco. It works well for what I need. I also like the big paella pan I inherited after my grandmother died. I never make paella, but it makes a great big sautee/stir fry pan for when I am craving a big plate of hot veggies.

The only cooking item I would want is a PERSONAL CHEF!!

I am hungry right now. We made a big early Father's Day brunch for my dad today and even though I tried to be careful it took up half of my day's points, so I am trying to save some points for dinner. I had an iced decaf about an hour ago to take the edge off.

I am going to a wedding next weekend and I was looking around for a dress to wear. I couldn't find anything that I really liked, so I pulled out a dress from my closet that I wore to a wedding in 2005. I knew it would be too big (it was a 16) but I LOVE the dress and I have nice shoes and a bag and jewelry to go with it (a rare thing with me!), so I took it to a tailor shop and had it taken in. It cost me more than the dress originally cost, but it looks really nice and I am excited to have something I love to wear. But it fits JUST RIGHT... I can't afford to gain a pound or it will be too tight. So that will definitely be my motivation this week. Thankfully my ovulation bloat will be gone and my TOM bloat will not have arrived yet, so I don't have to worry about that problem next weekend!

WELCOME... to our two newbies! So nice to have some new blood on here! It is a wonderful group (as are all of the WISH people). I was just commenting to my Mom yesterday that I think having this "support group" here has really helped me TREMENDOUSLY on my weight loss journey. I have done it without WW online or attending WW meetings (although I have in the past)... just me and my WISH friends.

BTW, anyone here attend the Women of Faith conference in Hartford yesterday? I should have asked ahead of time, but I didn't think of it until yesterday. It was a great time. It was part of my birthday gift from my Mom. I went with her and my daughter and it was a really nice "ladies only" day! Plus I packed a super healthy, OP lunch to bring along, so it wasn't even a bad eating day!! (Well, at least for me it wasn't....many women were splurging on ice cream, french fries, and nachos!!)

Talk to you all later!...........................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #628
Julianna07
Mouseketeer

This looks like a very motivating group and I would love to join up. I have been struggling for so long and can't take it anymore. I am a Weight Watcher but struggle daily with tracking and eating within my points. I've been with WW for 2 years and have lost 30 pounds but I have a WAYS to go to my goal weight. For now I am shooting for 10% at a time. I'll PM my current WW weight from Sat (which is my usual weigh in day).

I was reading some past posts about sparkpeople and I also signed up this evening as well. Here's to getting rid of the next 10%!
Back2Back on the Wonder Dec 7-12 2014 and Dec 12-17 2014
Julianna07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #629
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Its been a busy few days for me, but I'm happy to say that I feel confident that I passed my final exam last Thursday. I was mostly good this weekend, and did get some fresh air and exercise going out geocachinge with DH and our DD's. I did my WI on Sat morning and I'm down 2.6 so I've made up for the previous 2 weeks of gains. Now that I'm not working on a course, I am hoping to do better at exercising. I'm going to be spending some time reading up on kraft pulp mills to get some confidence going into my interview on Wednesday.

Congrats to all this weeks losers, maintainers and gainers! Its fantastic to be hanging in there with all of summer's distractions getting in the way!

I decided to try something difference and post those who haven't reported in yet this week. That way, if any of the missing are reading, please send me your weigh in for June 12:
luvthemouse71
maznorm
MelanieC (you must be on here, you're the coach this week! )
My2E's
estherhead
mefordis
njcarita
dizneedoll
PrincessVija
RangerPooh

Thanks to Eeyores Butterfly for coaching last week, and to MelanieC for coacing this week!

Here's my answers for the QOTD's:
favourite fruit = fresh pineapple that somebody else has cut up!

favourite veggie = right now its raw cauliflower, but it changes all the time

favourite healthy eating out meal = stir fry on rice. I'm usually end up eating very little of the rice, because I'm filling up on the veggies

favourite cooking item = the grill, and steamer.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #630
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

to our Newbies who have PM'd me already!

Julianna07 and sdchickie!

And to TiggersPal (aka Jackie's sister) who popped in to check us out!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: