Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #601
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Friday QOTD: What is your favorite Fruit & favorite veggie?

Fruit: New favorite fruit is Medjool Dates (also love strawberries, pears and bananas)

Veggie: Well it's a fruit really - but I consider it a veggie - Avocado. I also love sweet potatoes.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP

Last edited by MelanieC; 06-12-2009 at 10:42 AM.
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #602
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post

Fruit: New favorite fruit is Medjool Dates (also love pears and bananas)

Veggie: Well it's a fruit really - but I consider it a veggie - Avocado. I also love sweet potatoes.
Strawberries and asparagus...not at the same time however!

Generally I like all fruits and most veggies (not brussel sprouts, thank you very much).
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #603
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

Quote:

My favorite Fruits : Apples Grapes Bananas Orange

Favorite Veggies: Carrots, Celery, Corn, Peas

Sorry same Post

Last edited by SpaceMtnFan; 06-12-2009 at 10:10 AM.
SpaceMtnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #604
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

My Favorite Fruit and Veggies

Quote:

My favorite Fruits : Apples Grapes Bananas Orange, Pickels

Favorite Veggies: Carrots, Celery, Corn, Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes
Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #605
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Favorite fruit - pineapple

Favorite Veggie - brussel sprouts! Yum! Also love green beans and cooked broccoli.

I had a loss this week. Not as much as I would have liked but still a decent number. I also had TOM issues so I think it will be a good loss next week if I can keep up the good eating and the working out. I have my gym bag ready to go so I can head out right after work. My mom is going to watch the kids for me!

Hope everyone is having a great day, and I have to say, the COW has really helped me make better choices on what to use my points on. I have had way more dairy, fruits, and veggies than I normally would have because of the COW! Thank you Donac!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #606
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I am hard pressed to find to find a fruit or veggie I don't like. I eat lots of them every day.

Fruit.... my new favorite has been mango! They sell a bowl of sliced mango at Costco that is super yummy. I also love strawberries, blueberries, fresh pineapple, kiwi, banana.... on and on.

Veggies.... broccoli, asparagus, spinach, zucchini, summer squash, winter squash, sweet potato, just to name a few!

Thanks for asking!......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #607
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning, losers!

A big thank you to Jessi for being our coach last week and a big thank you to MelanieC for being our coach this week. You guys are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessiemez View Post
I'm so bummed for you right now! Just think though ... the anticipation gets to build all over again!I have to listen to something when I work out, to distract myself--otherwise I keep thinking "How much longer?" over an over again! Lately--when I'm working on the machine--I've been queuing up two half-hour TV shows on my laptop, and I tell myself that I can't get done until the shows are over. Then I get my TV time in, too! When I do workout tapes, I generally play my music over the instruction. Today is basically the first day in three or four that I've been able to touch the computer--my day job and motherhood have kept me so busy! I didn't even have time to put my BL sign in my sig, and my "reign" is almost over! But thanks for the congratulations, everybody!
Thanks, Tessiemez, I think it will be better tomorrow when we were supposed to come home so I don't say "I should be on Pirates now" or "I should be on Toy Story now." You have all week-end still to wear your clippie -- you earned and deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labors! But it won't be as cute as that little baby you have in your signature. I'm the same way with my exercise -- "Am I done yet?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
Shoot, I came to the library to get on the computer just to see if I made #1, and I'm #2! Oh well, not too bad.
Congrats on being on the list! It's an accomplishment that shows that your hard work is paying off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
I did have ice cream for lunch with my mom on wednesday after her doctor's appointment, and it was very therapeutic for both of us. But it was a meal, right? I'm actually down 1.2 from last weeks gain, so happy with that. I'm at 197, and I do not want to see 200 again, no, I will not see 200 again.
Nope, those 200's are behind you now never to be seen again! Good job on the loss. And you found out that you could have ice cream therapy on a day you really needed it and still move in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Hope everyone is having a great day, and I have to say, the COW has really helped me make better choices on what to use my points on. I have had way more dairy, fruits, and veggies than I normally would have because of the COW! Thank you Donac! Sarah
I am a big fan of the COW, too. It's a good way to build those healthy habits that we need.

My favorite fruit is the good old fuji apple but I really like almost any fruit. My favorite vegetable is lettuce (as in a salad) but I like lots of veggies, too. Especially grilled or roasted veggies. Thanks to donac and the COW, I've renewed my acquaintance with lots of fruits and vegetable lately.

I am very happy with my weigh in today -- down 3.5 pounds! I had been down 6.5 at one time this week but that was due to illness and I didn't know how much would truly stay away. That makes me down 10 pounds for this challenge and over 5% down since the beginning of the year.

Have a great, OP day!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #608
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I am very happy with my weigh in today -- down 3.5 pounds! I had been down 6.5 at one time this week but that was due to illness and I didn't know how much would truly stay away. That makes me down 10 pounds for this challenge and over 5% down since the beginning of the year.

Have a great, OP day!
Way to go on the weight loss! I would be over the top if I lost that much in one week! .......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #609
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Way to go on the weight loss! I would be over the top if I lost that much in one week! .......................P
Thanks! It was because I was totally in the WW groove before I got so sick. And now because of being sick my stomach shrank and I get full much faster. So I listen to my body and stop eating -- what a concept! It won't always be like this so I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. And I forgot to add earlier that now, since the first time this year I am in double digits to my big weight loss goal -- that was a psychological barrier!
Thanks for your encouraging words, you are an inspiration to us all!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #610
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Hi I have been having all sort of problems getting on the boards today.

I am down 3 from last week.

Congrats to all those who lost this week. Good luck for a good week for those who stayed the same or gained.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #611
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

another maintain week here -- i'm glad i certainly haven't been eating OP like i mean to every morning

Fav Fruit: mango for me this year -- found a mange corer (like the apple one with a circle in the middle and slices the apple) but this just has oval for the core

fav veggie: V8 juice

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #612
tink1963
DIS Veteran

I am really proud to report that I'm down 2 lbs this week. I think I have over come my plateau. I have concluded that I have not been eating enough. I earn 6+ activity points daily on WW and I never use them. I also have not been using my 35 weekly points. I have over the last few weeks been using my weekly points spread out each day and now I'm starting to see bigger losses. (I was only getting a few 10th's up then down)

and I also got to change my WISH ribbon today too. 10.8 since starting WISH at the beginning of the year and 36.2 on WW.

Favorite fruits...I don't think I have met a fruit I didn't like, well except for papaya or mango. First choice would have to be watermelon.

favorite veggies...brocolli and greens beans.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #613
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1963 View Post
and I also got to change my WISH ribbon today too. 10.8 since starting WISH at the beginning of the year and 36.2 on WW.
Great job on the loss! And that ribbon looks good on you!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #614
lulamc
Mouseketeer

So, are tomatoes a fruit or a vegetable? I'll call it my favorite veggie, along with zuchinni. My favorite fruit - hard to pick one - they all end in 'berry' though!

I am thrilled to say I had a good weight loss this week after a really hard week last week. Down 4.1 pounds from last Friday to this Saturday (couldn't weigh yesterday - long story.)

I had set a mini goal for myself to lose 30 pounds by the time we went to Disney. So far, I've lost 27.5! I need to lose 2.5 by Friday to meet my goal - it's possible!
lulamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #615
bobnjenn0828
Mouseketeer

Congratulations to all the losers!! It has been over a week since I was on here. Been busy with work and lots of other stuff. Hopefully this week will be better b/c I gained weight. I guess b/c I haven't eaten what I should have - even though I wasn't over on calories and I have somehow managed to hurt my ankle and can't exercise.

Quote:
Friday QOTD: How did you do this past week? re you happy with your progress? If not, how what will you do differently this week?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
I was happy last week b/c cause I lost weight - I guess I just needed to stick with what I did last week , because I sure didn't lose weight this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Saturday QOTD: What is the biggest obstacle to your weight loss and how will you address it?
I love stuff like cupcakes and ice cream - there are cupcakes in my kitchen right now that my mom made for my nephew's tball team and I really want one, but yesterday we had McDonald's twice!

Quote:
Sunday QOTD: If you could have any role at WDW, what would it be?
Well I have worked at the Winnie the Pooh, Teacups and Snow White rides but I would really love to be in a parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
Friday QOTD: How did you do this past week? Are you happy with your progress? If not, how what will you do differently this week?

I was to busy this past week to even think about anything. My sister in law who was a close friend was found dead on Tuesday. It has been a week of chaos. I gained 1.2 lbs.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss

Quote:
Saturday QOTD: What is the biggest obstacle to your weight loss and how will you address it?
Like others have said it is me. I know what I need to do, but choose not to.

Quote:
MONDAY QOTD: What is your favorite "bad food"? Do you stay away from it all together or do you find a way to work it in?[/color][/SIZE]
I love ice cream so I do have it but I measure it out or have a Skinny Cow or Fudgesicle. I probably wouldn't eat it if we were out somewhere though.

Quote:
Tuesday QOTD: What is your favorite non Disney vacation?
We love to go to the Great Smokey Mountains. I love to camp there, but I can't wait to get back to Disney on the July 4th - no parks this time but we are going to enjoy the campground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Hello again, losers! I am catching up on my emails and found this interesting quote from Elvis Presley in a SparkPeople email: "When things go wrong, don't go with them." Here is a excerpt from the email:

Does it ever feel like trouble follows you around and wonít cut you any slack? Sometimes it feels like you canít buy a break and everything you try just makes things worse. Who could blame you for feeling sorry for yourself or not forgive a little self-destructive behavior? Bad idea. The new way to spend down times is to lift yourself up and operate at a higher level. Remember that what happens to you is not who you are. Itís history. Itís past. Your true self takes that history and decides how to make the best possible future out of it. You have the power to keep your attitude and values from driving into the ditch along with the events in your life. From defeat, you can still emerge victorious.

Here is the link, if you are interested, http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...ion.asp?id=260
Thanks, I needed that today. I have been really upset with gaining weight.

Quote:
Wednesday QOTD: What is your favorite "activity"?
I love to read.

Quote:
Friday QOTD: What is your favorite Fruit & favorite veggie?.
My favorite fruit is pineapple - I have to make myself eat other fruit.
My favorite veggie must be green beans because we have them almost every night!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
FW 7/09,SSR 8/09, SSR 10/09, PC 1/10, AKL 3/10, BLT 1/11, AKL 6/11

Annual passholder 94-97, 02-05,09
bobnjenn0828 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: