Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #271
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the gain Ron. I know you were doing SO well. But you are here and you are recommitted and that is the way to go! Get back on plan, get up and get moving, drink your water, and that 15 pounds will disappear quick. Glad you are here with us again!

Well after the Memorial Day thing I knew this will happend But its back to work on loosing weight for the summer .
Old 05-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #272
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMtnFan View Post
Im Ron I am Turnning 41 next month. This year I have lost 32 pounds in 11 weeks But now I have gained 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I will be going back to walking again this weekend to loose the weight that i gained since Memorial day and the weeks since. I still want to be between 180-190 pounds by the start of July.
Welcome aboard! I was wondering what had happened to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Today's QOTD is:

What is one healthy change that you made that you thought would be SO HARD, but is now part of your regular routine??
That's a great question. I have made lots of little changes to my eating habits. I still eat the same foods, just more of the healthy ones and less of the bad choices. I still need to work on getting exercise more regularly.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #273
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo;32000344
[COLOR="Navy"
#10-1.17%-bobnjenn0828[/COLOR]
#9-1.20%-njcarita
#8-1.22%-RangerPooh
#7-1.23%-pjlla
#6-1.34%-DisneyFam5
#5-(tie)-1.38%-CruiseBoundnKY
#5-(tie)-1.38%-lulamc
#4-1.55%-PrincessBride6205
#3-1.56%-MickeyMagic
#2-1.80%-uptown girl44

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 1 Biggest Loser!!

#1-2.81%-sahbushka

How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations Sarah!!! What a great week you have had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser.

!
Thanks so much! I am so excited to be the BL this week! It really gives me the drive to work that much harder! My current week is going well but I need to get more exersize in. The water is fine and I am doing pretty well with the fruit and veggies. Hope everyone else is having an OP day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Congrats to sahbushka and all the big losers this week.
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
A big congratulations to all of our superstars and to sahbushka!
Thank you! I am starting to feel like a movie star! All this attention is going to my head!

Quote:
Today's QOTD is:

What is one healthy change that you made that you thought would be SO HARD, but is now part of your regular routine??

The thing I thought would be hard that is now normal to me is drinking water. I still haven't got on the exersize wagon, but water is replacing almost all soda to me and I am hoping it will replace ALL before too long!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #274
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla
Today's QOTD is:

Eating Healthy and staying Active. Now that I am Communting 25 miles between work and Home 5 days a week I bearly have time to working out but I do eat at home. But I walk durring the weekends at A Local Park and work out At home after work
Old 05-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #275
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I kept my activity level up and am down 3 pounds from weigh in on Friday so something must be working right!

I think that we all need to be a little easier on ourselves if we slip off plan, accept the stumble, and get right back on track again. That's real life!

!
Whoo hoo!! Nice loss there, Lisa!! This is so true that we shouldn't beat ourselves up when we slip. We are all human afterall, and we can always learn from our mistakes, and know what not to do in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
On Monday my son and I walked/jogged a 5k race. My goal was to finish under 50 minutes (you had to move to the sidewalk after 50 minutes - didnt want to do that). My son finished it in 32 mins (without ever practicing one time) and I finished in 48:55. My friend from work and her dh had ran the 10k right before the 5k and did the 5k with me.
congratulations!! That's fabulous that you finished within your goal time!

Quote:
Today's QOTD:

What "GREEN" thing(s) do you do on a regular basis?

I recycle, and use reusable bottles for water and lunches. Hearing all of you talk about cold water washing, and I'm going to switch. I usually do warm, but I'm sure cold would be fine, and I'd save energy. I got a new energy saving washer this year too, and supposedly with 8 loads/week, it only will cost 27$ to run it for the year. It sounds so cheap, I don't really believe it.

Quote:
I decided to join Weight Watchers today. I will try it for 90 days and see how I like it. I feel like I need some plan to follow to be more balanced or else I will just eat the same thing over and over and get bored (is there no yawning emoticon or am I just not finding it?). I obviously have a few things to learn about WW as it is 4:00 p.m. and I have 7 points left. Since I am having a glass of wine tonight --it's been one of those days -- that leaves me 5 points for dinner.

!
Welcome to weight watchers!! It's a great program, and like others have said ask if you have any questions. I've done it many times. I know I'm a day late, but don't forget about your flex points. They are meant to be used each week, and help to keep your metabolism up, and keep you satisfied. Many people have said they have more success and higher losses when they use all of their flex points, and activity points, and I find that to be true. Are you going to the meeting? They always have great recipes and ideas to share at the meetings. Good luck.

Quote:
Today's QOTD is:

My biggest change has been exercise. I never liked to exercise, I don't have any particular sport I enjoy. I've always enjoyed sedentary things like reading and scrapbooking. But I was anxious to lose some weight quickly last year, so I incorporated lots of cardio (about 30-40 minutes per day, 3-4 days per week) when I started WW again. And it really made a difference, not just in my weight loss, but in my endurance and stamina. When we went to WDW in April 2008 I walked (speed walking in some cases) for HOURS a day and never got too tired or winded or sore. I had NO trouble keeping up with the kids (can't say the same for DH) and even had more energy than them sometimes.

I really let the exercise lag during the summer last year (I wasn't taking DD to the YMCA for swim, so I used it as an excuse for myself), but I started up again in about September/October and have keep it up steadily since then, and have increased to about 60 minutes per day 5-6 days per week. And now I can't imagine not doing it! Not because I love it so much, but because it has become a HEALTHY HABIT and I know how much better I feel (both physically and mentally) when I exercise faithfully. Plus I love the example I am setting for my kids. Even if they don't get up and move, I know that they see that I am making my exercise a PRIORITY and hopefully that will stick with them...............P
I could have written the same thing, P. I have been doing the watp exercise tapes 5 days/week for a couple years now, but last spring/summer, I stopped, and completely got out of the exercise routine, and gained 20 pounds, but now since september, I've been faithful and it is so much easier to do since it has become a routine. I do a 30 min 3 days/week, and a 60 min twice, at least. I was surprised at how easy it has become to do, I like to get up before my son and do my tape, and have some alone time. I also feel that I have more energy and stamina, and am more active with my son during the days too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
(

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 1 Superstars!!

#10-1.17%-bobnjenn0828
#9-1.20%-njcarita
#8-1.22%-RangerPooh
#7-1.23%-pjlla
#6-1.34%-DisneyFam5
#5-(tie)-1.38%-CruiseBoundnKY
#5-(tie)-1.38%-lulamc
#4-1.55%-PrincessBride6205
#3-1.56%-MickeyMagic
#2-1.80%-uptown girl44

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 1 Biggest Loser!!

#1-2.81%-sahbushka

]
Whoo hoo!!! congratulations to the top ten, and to sabushka our biggest loser!! You all should be so proud!!

I've had a good couple days, eating wise. I did go shopping, (thanks 50sjayne for tempting me) but didn't have much luck. I need some casual summer shirts, and found them all to be too clingy with the ribbed fabric out there. I'm looking it as inspiration to keep on this healthy track, and lose this weight, so my rolls won't show to badly under the shirts.
Hopefully, I'll be able to go back in a couple months and get the shirts that were just a little too snug then, and they will look awesome!

I'm off to the bus stop. Hope you all are having a great day.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip

Last edited by mikamah; 05-27-2009 at 02:28 PM.
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #276
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Sorry Mikamah!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711
A big congratulations to all of our superstars and to sahbushka!

Thank you! I am starting to feel like a movie star! All this attention is going to my head!
It is fun isn't it? Congrats.

The 2 quotd's
We've always recycled but I found out how much more I could recycle when i was volunteering at a local thrift shop- it's getting kind of crazy- I keep begging husband for another recycle bin but for some dumb reason he doesn't want another one... So I use the empty litterbuckets and they work just as well I guess. Lord help us though if we forget to take the kitchen recycle stash out on trash day though. Energy efficient bulbs, I am the energy cop although it is very frustrating with an energy hog for a husband. Have always made errands efficient but now do use bike more for one stop things that are close like checking out bargains at a nearby Grocery Outlet and taking back videos (and garage saling lol)
Hard changes.
Lunch at work. I have found I'm happy with an apple or some other kind of fruit and a V-8 for lunch every day. Believe me I have gone all kinds of ways with this- this is fine.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #277
maznorm
Mouseketeer

QOTD:- Giving up butter, cheese and chocolate. Well, not so much the chocolate but I've barely noticed I'm not bothering with the other 2. The chocolate thing is a daily struggle but I try to allow myself a little every now and then.

maznorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #278
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

So I was going to go work out after my meeting tonight but I feel awful. I can't breath properly (am all stuffed up) and I keep coughing. I hate being sick. It ruins perfectly good plans. And it just seems like no matter when I try to work out, something happens to stop it. I get forced out to work or the babysitter can't stay that long, etc. How frustrating.

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #279
My2E's
Meanwhile, in a town called Spoons...

I haven't posted much, but I've been lurking and keeping up. The water in the COW is my biggest obstacle right now. I have got to get used to drinking it instead of my Diet Coke.

Congratulations to all the losers

I have done ok this week. The weekend, not so great, but the past 3 days I have tried to keep myself on track, even getting in my walking the past 2 days. Just a little while ago I did have a moment with some chocolate chip cookie dough DD10 hit me up to make them as soon as I got home from work. Apparently, she was having a chocolate craving!

Anyway, I have now cooked all the dough, and luckily the cookies dont appeal as much to me as the dough, so I should be good now.

Today at lunch, a rep brought in mexican food to feed the clinic where I work. I stayed away from the chips, and chose chicken and veggies. Made me a plate and brought it home and put on my own wheat tortillas. Had the black beans on the side. It was really yummy! I didn't even miss the cheese dip. I hope my baby steps will pay off in the long run. The sooner the better!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #280
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Today's QOTD is:

My biggest change has been exercise. I never liked to exercise, I don't have any particular sport I enjoy. I've always enjoyed sedentary things like reading and scrapbooking.
Oh man! This is so me! I just do not enjoy exercising. It is the one thing that is going to make a difference for me and I am just going to keep trying until I figure out what works!

Anyway, back to the QOTD . . . . the one healthy change that I made that I thought would be hard but isn't is journaling my food. I am used to it now and it really helps me to see where I need improvement and where I have room for a little indulgence.

Thanks to all of you who commented on the WW thing. I have a lot of fine tuning and learning to do as apparently the food that I thought wasn't too bad, actually is point heavy so I either use up my points or am hungry. I can see how it will help with the COW because you can eat a lot of fruits and vegetables for a few points! I picked up a couple of WW magazines to help with my planning. I haven't started meetings yet but will when I get back from DL in a couple of weeks.

You guys are my inspiration as a lot of you who have had a lot of consistent and good success these past several months are the WW folks.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #281
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
Hi,

Just wondering how I can join.

Can anyone help me?
Welcome to WISH!
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:03 PM   #282
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
Hi Guys!

I'm coming back with my tail between my legs. It has not been a good weekend. To make the contrast worse, my dh did a Half marathon yesterday, mowed the lawn, weeded and poisoned, and took ds to see "Night at the Museum". I laid around and read books...

I know I need to just get back on track. Holiday weekends are not good for me. I look forward to them, but I just don't follow through with exercise or eating right. I guess I need to schedule a race so I will have to do what I need to.
Try not to think about it as coming back with your tail between your legs. You came back and that is what matters. You can do this

Today's QOTD:

What "GREEN" thing(s) do you do on a regular basis?

I bring my reusable bags to the grocery store and now the mall. I use the energy lightbulbs, recycle, wash in cold and really try to be concsious of what I do.

Today is going great. The scale moved today - Hopefully I can hold on to it. My calories have been the higher range this week. Funny how that works. My body didn't like me staying low and static last week. I can't wait till Friday to see where my final WI.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #283
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Two things really:
1. Exercise - I have always worked out on and off - but for most of 2008, I didn't make time for it. I felt like there weren't enough hours in the day to get to the gym - new baby, working full time, hour commute, etc. But in Feb 2009 I started working out 4-6 times a week. I still find the time to work out almost every day.
2. Stop eating out of the department candy dish at work - This is a more recent change - like 2 weeks ago! Once I made the commitment to logging all my calories, this habit died fast! I still crave sweets but not the extent I did before.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #284
newholidayx2
Searching for the perfect tree
Do you get bunny kisses?

scale doesnt seem to be budging - at the gym morn and night - watching more what i eat - quit drinking -- HOWEVER the stress is there and been having tons of it since about Sept - aggravating

Nov 2009 - employed by Disney
Dec 27 2008 - relocated to FL
newholidayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 AM   #285
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by newholidayx2 View Post
scale doesnt seem to be budging - at the gym morn and night - watching more what i eat - quit drinking -- HOWEVER the stress is there and been having tons of it since about Sept - aggravating
Some times it is like that and it is so frustrating! Your body may be adapting, it might be hormonal, it might just be one of those things. Keep up the good work and that scale will budge. You can't stop stress but you can adjust your reaction to it. Maybe some simple breathing exercises would be a good place to start. We're here for you through the good times and bad.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: