facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #256
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Today's QOTD:

What "GREEN" thing(s) do you do on a regular basis?
Let's see I use the energy efficient light bulbs. I recycle a little, probably not as much as I should. I am getting better at turning off lights and other electronics when I leave the room. I want to get some of those cute disney reuseable bags when we go in June to use for shopping.

I feel a little bit better today. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be good as new. When is the next weigh-in?
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #257
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
I feel a little bit better today. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be good as new. When is the next weigh-in?
Glad to hear that you are feeling better today, too.

Next weigh in is Friday, 5/29. Weigh ins are every Friday through 8/14.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #258
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Hear Ye Hear Ye, the Weightkeeper speaks

(thanks to Dare2Dream! I have borrowed her writing and just modified it!)

Welcome to the first official announcement of The WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge. Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – can re-start at any time, though
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know ahead of time

First some stats

Participants----------34
not reporting in-------3
Excused---------------0
weigh ins-------------31
gains-------------------4
maintains--------------7
losses-----------------20

Summer Between BL Challenge Week 1
weekly total group loss 41.5 pounds
average percentage of weight lost 0.66%

Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me. For your reference this is the magic percentage of weight lost formula - weight loss for the week divided by weight for last week times 100, that gives us the percentage. Now let me test that with my numbers for week 1, click, click, click goes the calculator. Yes, that agrees with the percentage on the magic spreadsheet.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 1? To keep it simple, I’ll list the Top 10 Losers! There was a tie in the top 10, so there's actually 11 names on the list. That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 1 Superstars!!

#10-1.17%-bobnjenn0828
#9-1.20%-njcarita
#8-1.22%-RangerPooh
#7-1.23%-pjlla
#6-1.34%-DisneyFam5
#5-(tie)-1.38%-CruiseBoundnKY
#5-(tie)-1.38%-lulamc
#4-1.55%-PrincessBride6205
#3-1.56%-MickeyMagic
#2-1.80%-uptown girl44

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 1 Biggest Loser!!

#1-2.81%-sahbushka

How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations Sarah!!! What a great week you have had. Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser.

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version

or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version

[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg[IMG]

or use
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #259
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today's QOTD:

recycle newspapers/flyers, milk jugs, and of course juice/pop bottles
we've got most of the house switched over to the new light bulbs
laundry in cold water
Those are the main ones

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:09 AM   #260
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Morning I hope it is nicer where you live. It is damp and drizzly here in jersey. I kind of like it. Not too hot and not too cold but wet.

Today's QOTD:

I use cloth bags for groceries. A friend was just in DW and brought me back one with a tree with the leaves in the shape of a Mickey head. We also recycle paper, plastic, and glass. I wash in cold/cold and use those new light bulbs everywhere in the house that I can.

DOn't forget that if you are doing the COW you need to look for a pedometer. It is okay if you don't have one I will have an alternative to that part.

Have a great day

Congrats to sahbushka and all the big losers this week.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #261
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

morning all -- i have missed out over the long weekend....too much to try and catch up here this morning!

cyber high five to our LOSERS this week!!

i have been very into going green as much as we can, so far we are:

recycle paper, glass, plastic, cardboard
reusable grocery bags
energy efficient lightbulbs
reusable coffee/cold drink cups at Starbuckss
mindful to use containers more and cut back on plastic baggies
give any plastic grocery bags to local pantry to reuse
cleaned out closets/drawers and gave away clothes/stuff to needy instead of throwing away

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #262
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

Talking

Im Ron I am Turnning 41 next month. This year I have lost 32 pounds in 11 weeks But now I have gained 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I will be going back to walking again this weekend to loose the weight that i gained since Memorial day and the weeks since. I still want to be between 180-190 pounds by the start of July.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #263
lisah0711
her Disney office

Welcome Ron! Be sure the PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo, if you haven't already. You've done really well with your weight loss this year so I'm sure that you will get yourself back on track ASAP.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #264
lisah0711
her Disney office

A big congratulations to all of our superstars and to sahbushka!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #265
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Today's QOTD:

We are getting there too, use the cloth bags at stores (even picked up a few of the ones from WDW this past trip), always use cold water in the wash, turn off things as we leave the room, even the computer monitor if we are leaving the actual computers on, new light bulbs, really want to start composting but need to do some additional research (if anyone has info they are willing to share, would love to hear about your experiences and the best way to get started). We use lots of containers and not as many baggies, use refillable bottles instead of plastic water bottles. I even save paper from the printer when I'm finished, if one side is still blank, I will print on that side instead of throwing it away. That is all I can think of right now but I know there are still many ways that we can do better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 1 Superstars!!

#10-1.17%-bobnjenn0828
#9-1.20%-njcarita
#8-1.22%-RangerPooh
#7-1.23%-pjlla
#6-1.34%-DisneyFam5
#5-(tie)-1.38%-CruiseBoundnKY
#5-(tie)-1.38%-lulamc
#4-1.55%-PrincessBride6205
#3-1.56%-MickeyMagic
#2-1.80%-uptown girl44

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 1 Biggest Loser!!

#1-2.81%-sahbushka
WTG all you super stars this week, keep up the great work. For the ones that aren't on the list (including myself), let's stay on track with our plan and I know we can be there too.

I was away from the computer a bit more than normal the past couple of days but did get caught up on reading this morning. I have a large list of things that I would like to accomplish today so I'm going to need to get off of here soon so I can get started.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #266
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Congrats to all our BL Superstars this week!

Yesterday's QOTD: Green things we do
Reuseable items as much as possible - washcloths to wipe up our messy DD instead of paper towels, no bottled water, no baggies, cloth bags at stores, etc.
Turn off everything when leaving the room
CFL light bulbs
Lots of recycling - paper boxes, plastic, glass
Cloth diapers - we did this for a year, but with working FT I just can't do it anymore, so we switched to chlorine-free diposables
Full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher

I'd like to try composting too but I also need to do some additional research to figure out the best method when living in a townhouse with no yard.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #267
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Is everyone up and moving this rainy morning? We have had some GREAT weather here in NH recently, but today is raw and rainy. But I'm not complaining because the garden I planted this weekend could really use it! But no clothes on the line today... oh well.

Somehow I totally missed exercising yesterday. I spent 6 hours in the car dropping off and picking up DD's guinea pig for her surgery, but she is home and well and the surgery went better than expected and COST LESS than the original estimate, so all is good! It was 9pm and I was in my jammies when I realized I had never done a formal workout (I did several hours of gardening in addition to all the driving though.) Too bad driving is not an aerobic activity!! I'd be as thin as a stick.

Glad to see so many of you are really actively going green. Remember, if you use those CFL bulbs, they contain mercury and cannot go to the regular landfill if they stop working or break. I think they need to go to one of those haz mat pick-up places.

I thought of a few more green things we regularly do here. I recycle our newspaper through the shredder and use it for guinea pig bedding... then we compost it by dumping into the woods behind the house (NOT in the vegetable bed!). I use cloth napkins and tea towels in the kitchen rather than paper napkins and paper towels (although I keep paper towels around for really icky messes like cat vomit!). We use a toaster oven instead of the big oven whenever possible. I use my crockpot a LOT in the winter instead of the oven or stovetop.

Today's QOTD is:

What is one healthy change that you made that you thought would be SO HARD, but is now part of your regular routine??

My biggest change has been exercise. I never liked to exercise, I don't have any particular sport I enjoy. I've always enjoyed sedentary things like reading and scrapbooking. But I was anxious to lose some weight quickly last year, so I incorporated lots of cardio (about 30-40 minutes per day, 3-4 days per week) when I started WW again. And it really made a difference, not just in my weight loss, but in my endurance and stamina. When we went to WDW in April 2008 I walked (speed walking in some cases) for HOURS a day and never got too tired or winded or sore. I had NO trouble keeping up with the kids (can't say the same for DH) and even had more energy than them sometimes.

I really let the exercise lag during the summer last year (I wasn't taking DD to the YMCA for swim, so I used it as an excuse for myself), but I started up again in about September/October and have keep it up steadily since then, and have increased to about 60 minutes per day 5-6 days per week. And now I can't imagine not doing it! Not because I love it so much, but because it has become a HEALTHY HABIT and I know how much better I feel (both physically and mentally) when I exercise faithfully. Plus I love the example I am setting for my kids. Even if they don't get up and move, I know that they see that I am making my exercise a PRIORITY and hopefully that will stick with them...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #268
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

Today's QOTD is:

What is one healthy change that you made that you thought would be SO HARD, but is now part of your regular routine??

Finding time to exercise. Convincing myself to get off the couch and do wiifit, park further away, do more farm chores, walk to get the mail, etc. is not as hard as I thought it would be. They are becoming part of "just what I do".

CONGRATS to all our superstars this week
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
CruiseBoundnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #269
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
On Monday my son and I walked/jogged a 5k race. My goal was to finish under 50 minutes (you had to move to the sidewalk after 50 minutes - didnt want to do that). My son finished it in 32 mins (without ever practicing one time) and I finished in 48:55. My friend from work and her dh had ran the 10k right before the 5k and did the 5k with me. It really was a lot of help to have someone encouraging you and letting me set the pace. We ran when I could and walked the rest. I was just really happy to finish. After the race we had pizza and ice cream. They had bananas but had cut them in half and they looked nasty!!
Jennifer
Great job on the 5K! I'm so impressed. I am a long way from tackling something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
So we had a bbq at my moms last night and we had turkey hot dogs on wheat buns for 3 points a piece! Thought that was a great deal! I also had potato salad (vegan), watermelon, berry cobbler (lite) and 1 smore. I only had to use 2 weekly allowance points. I am going out to eat today and have already checked the menu and points values for what I plan to eat! Gotta love dwlz.com!

Hope everyone is having a great op day! I had a horrible cold this morning but the medicine is helping and I need to get in my water for the day. I always have a harder time with it if I start the day with soda.

Sarah
Glad to see that you were able to plan ahead and eat well at the bbq. I hope the cold is gone soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
I decided to join Weight Watchers today. I will try it for 90 days and see how I like it. I feel like I need some plan to follow to be more balanced or else I will just eat the same thing over and over and get bored (is there no yawning emoticon or am I just not finding it?). I obviously have a few things to learn about WW as it is 4:00 p.m. and I have 7 points left. Since I am having a glass of wine tonight --it's been one of those days -- that leaves me 5 points for dinner.

Still, I had a good week-end and am only 1 pound away from getting my 10 pound wish ribbon back -- yay!
Glad to see another Weight Watcher here (I know that several of us are on the plan). I hope you love it like I do. Feel free to ask questions. I feel like I have been on EVERY WW plan that has been out there since about 1978 (the first time I was on WW) and the POINTS systems is truly the best and most flexible. If you make healthy choices, you won't go hungry (most of the time anyhow). PM me if you need to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFam5 View Post
Hi everyone. My weight was up a bit today at my work BL weigh in, but I'm not sure why. Sometimes it seems to be up for no reason and then it drops a bunch. My average is still pretty good though, so I'm not going to worry about it. My work contest ends next Monday, but it's a team thing and we don't have a chance. Two of five team members have only lost 2 pounds in 11 weeks. A guy on another team dropped 80 pounds in the first 10 weeks! He's really burnt out though and can't wait for it to end. He's asking what we can't wait to eat when this is over. My friend and I say nothing, because we aren't depriving ourselves! I've been going for 22 weeks now and I'm still plugging along. I guess we are better off making slow and steady progress. He's done this a few times and gained it back. I hope he does better this time. I also hope I keep tracking and never gain this weight back! I'm going to have to keep track of what I eat forever. I think I can do it...
You're right.. that guy is just setting himself up for failure. So sad. If he is depriving himself and not eating healthy and only doing this for the BL contest, he is doomed to fail and that 80 pounds will come FLYING back on. Then he will sit around and complain how diets don't work for him. SO very, very sad.

Slow and steady is our montra here! And it works. Nice job with the "I can do this " attitude and yes, you may have to track your eating forever... but isn't that better than being overweight forever?? You CAN do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
Sorry that you were under the weather and glad you are on the road to recovery. Next weigh-in is this Friday. Don't forget to PM your weight that morning to LuvBaloo (Shannon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMtnFan View Post
Im Ron I am Turnning 41 next month. This year I have lost 32 pounds in 11 weeks But now I have gained 15 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I will be going back to walking again this weekend to loose the weight that i gained since Memorial day and the weeks since. I still want to be between 180-190 pounds by the start of July.
Sorry to hear about the gain Ron. I know you were doing SO well. But you are here and you are recommitted and that is the way to go! Get back on plan, get up and get moving, drink your water, and that 15 pounds will disappear quick. Glad you are here with us again!

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #270
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever

Talking

Quote:
Today's QOTD:

I put my clothes that I washed in a washer on the Clothesline outside and let the wind dry the clothers instead of putting them in the dryer unless it rains. That way it saves on the Electric Bill

Last edited by SpaceMtnFan; 05-27-2009 at 10:54 AM.
SpaceMtnFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: