Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #166
uptown_girl44
Mouseketeer

Location: The castle... just down the hall from the other fgits!

QOTD: Favorite physical attribute
Probably my eye lashes. I have super long eyelashes that I love!! My hair and eyes are a close second!

I am so happy with my weigh-in. I'm down 3.2 lbs this week. I have no idea where the loss came from because I was expecting a huge gain. I haven't tracked my food or worked out all week... I'm just gonna chalk it up to luck and try to keep it up for next week!
FGIT!
WDWCP Spring 2010
MK Auto Plaza & Mickey's Gift Station
Summer Alumni 2011
Yacht and Beach Merchandise

PDFG and everyone else that needs it!
uptown_girl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #167
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Welcome DisneyFam5!

Thanks Lisa for a great job coaching, and welcome to this week's coach, Pamela!

What is your favorite physical attribute (on yourself)? Maybe you have great eyes, or perfect teeth. What is it about yourself that you really like right now? (Not in 10 pounds or whatever.)[/SIZE]

Okay, there's a tough question. I do like my thick hair (mostly), and I actually like the not-so-great looking unique things about me. I have very ugly toes, the middle ones don't straighten out properly, but there mine. I got teased for vampire teeth as a kid, because I never got the ones between the front teeth and the eyeteeth, so I've got the pointy eyeteeth right next to the front teeth. But now I know they aren't super-noticable and its unusual and its all me.

Great reading all the positive posts this morning.
I am a big believer in using your posts and mixing up your daily intake because its been working for me. Today I was down 1.8 Tomorrow is DH's birthday, and I'm happy it falls on the weekend, so I can just fit it into my weekend treats.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #168
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

I'm joining this week's -1.8 club! A good loss for sure! And I got my new clippie by a wide margin.

QOTD: What is your favorite physical attribute (on yourself)? Maybe you have great eyes, or perfect teeth. What is it about yourself that you really like right now?

Yesterday I was noticing my slim wrists! Maybe I should wear a bracelet today.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #169
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

WOW! We are all a big bunch of LOSERS today!! I think everyone that has posted has had a loss.. WAY TO GO! What a great way to start our BL Summer challenge! Everyone make sure that you are PMing your weight to LuvBaloo, since she is our "weight keeper" (special thanks to her!). I'm so glad that you were all able to find something about yourself that you really like. It is so easy to get down on ourselves when we are struggling with our weight. Remember... "Accentuate the positive!!" If you've got great legs or calves, show them off with shorts, capris, or a skirt. If you have nice arms, short sleeves weather is here... and as corrinak mentioned, bracelets will show off nice wrists and hands. If you have beautiful eyes, make sure you show them off by accentuating them with nice mascara or eyeshadow... or a funky pair of glasses! It is not about being vain... it is about acknowledging and appreciating the GOOD things about us (while we try to change the not-so-good).

Welcome to Michele (DisFam5)! Glad to have you aboard. Super job on the 50 lbs you have already lost! That is an incredible accomplishment. Keep it up!!

MelanieC.... I posted on our BL Purple Team thread about some summer clothes I was getting rid of and I didn't have any takers. It sounds like (according to what you posted for a weight) they may fit you. If you would be interested, send me a PM. I'll post a link to the original post here in a few minutes.

Did everyone see Donac's post with the COW?? If you have trouble keeping up with that, I have a suggestion. I make a small notation in the upper corner of my daily food journal of how many points I am earning every day. That way I only have to type it into a PM and send it to donac on Friday.

I'll be back later..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 05-22-2009 at 11:36 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:45 AM   #170
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

I lost this week Glad to see that is the theme here! Hope everyone is having a good day! I like the COW. It is something I have been trying to focus on this past week...I did really well getting my dairy in but noticed I wasn't doing as well with veggies and fruit. Today I packed carrots as my second snack instead of the Keebler 100 calorie pack of cookies! Personal triumph! I know we are going to have a great second week, especially with focusing on fruits, veggies and water! So raise a glass (of water that is) to a great new week (clink, clink, clink - the sound our water glasses make as we toast) now chug!

Sarah

QOTD: Favorite Physical Attribute - I like my feet and my smile! I just did teeth whitening and I feel so much more confident in it again! I am really pleased with the results and feel better about my apperance!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #171
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Hey. I lost a pound today yipee! Something I like about myself--I'll be honest-- my breasts lol. Took a lot for me to give up birth control pills even though I knew I'd lose weight--didn't want to give them up lol. But--they are still there-- just lighter and higher woo hoo. My stretch marks (old) have gotten more noticable, but I'll work on building up muscle- I lost 25 pounds since January too so bound to have some issues.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #172
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
I lost this week Glad to see that is the theme here! Hope everyone is having a good day! I like the COW. It is something I have been trying to focus on this past week...I did really well getting my dairy in but noticed I wasn't doing as well with veggies and fruit. Today I packed carrots as my second snack instead of the Keebler 100 calorie pack of cookies! Personal triumph! I know we are going to have a great second week, especially with focusing on fruits, veggies and water! So raise a glass (of water that is) to a great new week (clink, clink, clink - the sound our water glasses make as we toast) now chug!

Sarah

QOTD: Favorite Physical Attribute - I like my feet and my smile! I just did teeth whitening and I feel so much more confident in it again! I am really pleased with the results and feel better about my apperance!
Nice job with the carrots! I think so many of us (me included) are lulled into a false sense of "security" of sorts, with those 100 calorie packs. They are not particularly healthy (IMHO of course) and they are not at all filling (MHO again), but they certainly take care of the sweets cravings once in a while! But we can almost ALWAYS make a better choice than to go with one of those packs.

I whitened my teeth many years ago and it was amazing how many people commented on it. I don't drink much coffee,tea, or soda, so I don't have to do it very often, but I am probably due again. Isn't it amazing how something as simple as white teeth can make you feel SO good about yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey. I lost a pound today yipee! Something I like about myself--I'll be honest-- my breasts lol. Took a lot for me to give up birth control pills even though I knew I'd lose weight--didn't want to give them up lol. But--they are still there-- just lighter and higher woo hoo. My stretch marks (old) have gotten more noticable, but I'll work on building up muscle- I lost 25 pounds since January too so bound to have some issues.
Thanks for your honesty! Lucky you... I am somewhat glad that I haven't gotten down to my pre-babies and pre-80 pound weight gain 1992 bra size, but I just wish the "girls" weren't heading so far south!! Nice job with the weight loss too..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #173
dizneedoll
Curioser and Curioser

Well, I signed up yesterday and used yesterday's weigh in as my official starting weight so I haven't lost any weight since yesterday.....but next week should hopefully be a different story.

Then again maybe not. We are going to be at Disneyland the 26th-29th but I have an eating plan and hopefully I can stick to it. I'm planning on having a healthy breakfast in the room before heading out, buying a light lunch and ordering whatever for dinner but splitting it. I'll also bring bottled water and healthy snacks to take into the parks. I'm hoping that plan along with all the tons of walking will at least keep me from gaining any.

Yesterday I went over my top calorie limit by 58 so I need to keep a closer eye on that front. Got 40 min of cardio and today have gotten 20 min of cardio and need to do strength training later after work. So far I've managed to chug 3 glasses of water and I hate drinking water so the COW this week is actually a really good one for me.

Congrats to all who lost this week!

QOTD: Favorite Physical Attribute : I like my feet and my hands. They're both small and evenly proportioned.

And I forgot who the poster was...but thanks to the person who suggested sparkpeople.com...I signed up and it's awesome!
Old 05-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #174
Sneezie
I don't like unfinished trip reports. If I wanted to read an unfinished trip report I'd read my own.
It's wonderful being in your 30's

I am 35 years old and recently divorced. I am about 150 pounds overweight which is my ultimate goal to lose, but for this summer challenge I plan to lose 25 pounds by Labor Day.

My sister and I are doing this together and even though we live in different states we are encouraging each other and sending each other weight loss tips.

My goal during this summer challenge is to WOW my sister when she sees me for our annual Disney trip in September!

Sneezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #175
Sneezie
I don't like unfinished trip reports. If I wanted to read an unfinished trip report I'd read my own.
It's wonderful being in your 30's

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

I don't have any plans for the summer except to lose 25 pounds before I go to Disney World Sept. 9-13th!

QOTD -- What is your favorite Disney song? It can be from a park, movie, play, etc.

The theme from Fantasmic!

QOTD -- Do you have mini-goals to help you meet you big goals for this challenge?

I don't have any mini-goals. I just plan to take it day by day and to persevere.

QOTD -- What is your favorite ride at Magic Kingdom or Disneyland?

Big Thunder Mountain

The QOTD is how healthy are you going to be today?

Even though I'm answering this a day later, I was pretty healthy yesterday. I ate cheerios for breakfast. A half of a foot-long oven roasted chicken breast full of veggies from Subway with some Sun Chips for lunch and ate the other half of the sandwich for dinner. I also drink approximately 64 ounces of water and walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes.

What is your favorite physical attribute (on yourself)? Maybe you have great eyes, or perfect teeth. What is it about yourself that you really like right now? (Not in 10 pounds or whatever.)

My favorite physical attribute is my calves. Even though they are thick, they are very shapely!

Sneezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #176
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
So, the QOTD is how healthy are you going to be today?

I am hoping for a very healthy day today. I've done my exercise and have my meals planned out.

Hope that you all have a healthy day today, too!

Don't forget to PM your weigh in to LuvBaloo tomorrow.
I was pretty healthy. I had a salad for lunch and didn't have a bedtime snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Anyhow.... I will start off my week with this Question Of The Day.

What is your favorite physical attribute (on yourself)? Maybe you have great eyes, or perfect teeth. What is it about yourself that you really like right now? (Not in 10 pounds or whatever.)
I have to say I love my fingernails. They are pretty long and people are always suprised when they hear that they are real. They always seem to draw posistive attention.

Sorry, I didn't get on yesterday because I had to go fishing(notice that I said fishing not catching). I've been pretty good today. I've had about 30oz. of water today and I had chicken sald with a vegetable medley and pineapple for lunch.

P.S. I lost 1.2 pounds.
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #177
lulamc
Mouseketeer

QOTD: Favorite Physical Attribute, hmm, I'm gonna say my eyes. I have blue eyes and they really open up with a little eyeliner and mascara.

I just need to also say that I had a really bad week at work,but am happy to report a really good weight loss week! That really rounds out the rough work week! And, we have a three day weekend!

I lost 3.3 pounds this week!
lulamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #178
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

QOTD: What is your favorite physical attribute (on yourself)? Maybe you have great eyes, or perfect teeth. What is it about yourself that you really like right now?

I'll say my eyes and breasts. I think that I have nice blue eyes. As for my ****s, it took me a long time to to feel comfortable about them. As a teenager I felt that they were a mismatched pair, awkward, and insecure about my D's. Now a days I lovethem. My only gripe is that I can not find cute full figure bras that are young looking and don't belong in my mom or grandma's drawers.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #179
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

I lost 2.8 pounds this week. I am very pleased with the number! It means that I almost lost the 3 pounds that I recently put on. 2.8 down, many, many more to go!

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #180
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Great job you loosers! I'm down a pound this week also.

QOTD: My legs, even 100 pounds overweight, I've got nice stems. Unfortunately, their joints are getting a little achy carrying around all this 'middle' part!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: