Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #61
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I have been wanting to ask about your ticker for quite some time - New Orleans has been showing up for quite some time there. But since we were sworn to secrecy over at the Jambo thread I was waiting patiently. And now the secret has been unveiled. It sounds like you have the trip of a lifetime in the planning! I am sure that you will have a fantastic time despite the crowds. Since you know how to tour the parks without stressing yourself out you should be doing great!

I hope we will get a report about both sections of your combined trip!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #62
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I noticed New Orleans in your ticker quite some time ago too and was curious about it, but didn't ask as I figured all would be explained here.

I think as long as you go into your trip realizing that it will be crowded @ WDW and you adjust your plan accordingly, you'll still have a good time (at least that's what I keep telling myself )

And a trip to NO too! Have you ever been? DH and I went once for the Sugar Bowl. Personally, I didn't like it much, and don't care to ever go back, but I also know that I am in the minority there, most people really enjoy it.
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #63
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
So far you know who is going, now the question is, when are we going?

Up next: The Resort Dance
OOOH, THE SUSPENSE! I hate not knowing where I'm going to be staying, hopefully it wasn't too much of a problem to get rooms. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Also, be cautioned, you know the crowds at Disney during the week between Christmas and NYE is one the busiest weeks! I'm sure that you guys will do fine and still have a wonderful time!

P.S. I'm sorry your DH will miss the shuttle launch. Hopefully you can still go down to KSC and use that AP!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #64
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I found ya! I didn't know you were 29 too. Did you also graduate in 98? Great start! What a fun trip you are going to have, Disney and then New Orleans. Lucky girl you are!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #65
HoneyLSU
Mouseketeer

Hi Brooke,

I've been following along on your PTR's and your TR's but haven't done too much commenting because I don't know Disney that well and can't really offer and advice. However, I CAN offer you some advice on NOLA!

New Orleans is such a great city, but sometimes I can hate it as much as I love it.

Just a piece of advice that I want to offer you. I noticed your first day there will be Jan 1 which is also the day of the Sugar Bowl. This is one of the busiest times in the city. It will be jam PACKED that night! I'm sure that you know to plan ahead, but I would book your hotel room NOW! Even if there is a block set aside for the wedding. This is probably the hardest time to get a hotel room in NOLA other than Mardi Gras. Prices will keep rising until the beginning of December when the teams are announced then they will sky rocket!

I don't know how familiar you are with college football but the champion of the SEC is always in the Sugar Bowl. The SEC has some of the rudest crudest fans in all of college football. My advice to you for the 1st would be to stay out of the quarter, ESPECIALLY if LSU is in the big game. Our campus is only a little over an hour away so even if people don't have tickets, the still go to party. You will hear things out of a sorority girls mouth that you shouldn't even hear out of a grown man's mouth. It's a far cry from the Magic Kingdom and honestly it's a little embarrassing. It can be a lot of fun, but if you're not a fan you may not enjoy it. Oh and if you do insist on going out, and LSU is playing, wear purple and/or gold. That way you don't draw attention to yourself!

I hope I didn't scare you off with all that. New Orleans really is great and I do love the city. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you'd know what to expect. If you need any other advice on the city, I'd love to answer any questions. You may even see me down there on the 1st, if LSU is in the Sugar Bowl, yelling obscenities! Just kidding about the obscenities, but I will be down there to support LSU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post

And a trip to NO too! Have you ever been? DH and I went once for the Sugar Bowl. Personally, I didn't like it much, and don't care to ever go back, but I also know that I am in the minority there, most people really enjoy it.
Please tell me that the Sugar Bowl you went to wasn't the 03 National Championship game and the reason you didn't care for it was the rude LSU fans. If it is, I sincerely apologize. LSU fans can be out of control at times. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your trip! It was crazy after that game because that was our first national title in almost 50 years. Not that that's an excuse. We did meet some great OU fans after that game that we so nice and seemed so happy for us!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #66
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyLSU View Post
Please tell me that the Sugar Bowl you went to wasn't the 03 National Championship game and the reason you didn't care for it was the rude LSU fans. If it is, I sincerely apologize. LSU fans can be out of control at times. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your trip! It was crazy after that game because that was our first national title in almost 50 years. Not that that's an excuse. We did meet some great OU fans after that game that we so nice and seemed so happy for us!
Actually that was the Sugar Bowl I went to, and I'll be honest, we met a few very nice LSU fans, but the vast majority of those we encountered were some of the rudest, most obnoxious people I've ever been around in my life. I try not to judge an entire group based on the bad apples, but there were A LOT of bad apples! That wasn't the only reason for my poor opinion of the city though, it was just a bad trip all the way around. We had booked a package deal that included hotel and game tickets, the tickets were supposed to be given to us upon check in at the hotel. Well, when we checked in we got an envelope and in it was a letter of apology stating that they were unable to deliver our tickets and there was a check for $900. Of course, with LSU in the game, tickets were no where to be found, and certainly couldn't be purchased for $900! We didn't have tickets until a few hours before the game when a ticket broker from our home town was able to find some for us, and thankfully he accepted the $900 check as payment. So, I was in a bad mood the entire trip! Plus, the French Quarter really smells, and I couldn't get past that (could have had something to do with my bad mood though too ). DH has been to NOLA several times for work and he really likes it there, he wants to take me back and show me other areas of the city, but I doubt I'll ever go......

OK - sorry to go on your PTR Brook! Forgive me?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #67
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Well How-Diddly-Doodly! Kudos on Orlando at Christmas time. I've spent many a holiday in Minnesota and I gotta say, at that time of the year, I'd prefer The World hands down. The fact that my in-laws use their garage as a giant drive-in freezer still cracks me up. If you leave food in the garage here in winter, it thaws, in the summer it cooks. I remember one New Year's at my in-law's in Brooklyn Park, we decided to grill steaks. It was one of those nights with sub-zero wind chill. Normally I stand around the grill gabbing with the other men folks, but on that night, I stuck my head out, discovered my nostril hair had instantly frozen, turned around, and went right back inside. Sure they can call me a thin blooded Texan all they want. Aint no steak worth losing appendages over. I say all that to say this. I know you are going to have a fantastic time and I can't wait to read along and see how your plans shape up.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #68
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Brook - that is a great idea. I even approached DH with the same thing two years ago...we could hit NOLA either on the way there or back as I've wanted to go back since our honeymoon. I'm glad the timing is working out for you guys. Be sure to hit Cafe Beignet - that was our favorite place for beignets in New Orleans.

And thank you for your prayers...we need them tonight more than ever (I'll explain later!)

Tracy
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #69
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Cool.

Wow.

That's gonna be something.
You are very right...something...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
How fun to combine both trips!
I hope fun is the word that we come back with...part of me is REALLY nervous about crowd levels and all. But another part of me is just pumped for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
How perfect to combine both trips! Sounds like such fun. And all the better for a TR (not that I'm thinking about myself or anything ). I totally forgot about watching the Disney fireworks on Travel Channel last year. I hope they do it again this year. How fun to know that you guys will be there!!

The resort dance in premier season. I have faith in you, though. Can't wait to hear how it turned out and count down with you!!
I will try to yell really loud "HI CHRISTINE!" and maybe the Travel Channel will hear.

If there is another 'live from the Poly' webcam, then you'd be able to watch AND hear that! So, maybe it would be possible...!

I'm still waltzing with the Resorts. Sigh. More on that soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Fantastic!

The only thing is.... Yikes!.... Premier Season!!!

Oh, the Humanity (in the parks!!)

Kathy
I KNOW IT. I'm a tad freaked about it. I think I'll be doing lots of telling myself it will be fine, we'll take it easy and I'll be subscribing to TourGuideMike or the like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That is going to super fun going from WDW at Christmas and New Year's to New Orleans for a wedding! Have you ever been there?
Nope, I've never been to New Orleans! I have a little travel guide from the Official Tourism office, but other than that, I don't know squat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
Funny story about Handy Manny. My mom always keeps the elmo juices that you get at walmart at her house for my newphew. He was there one weekend when she was not expecting him to be there and he wanted his elmo (as he calls it when he asks for it) MOm goes i;m not sure i have any elmo...well he found one in the back of the fridge and he goes Mawmaw...you have everything...just like Kelly!
That is so stinkin' cute! I love it! Ooooh, kids say the best things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
And we are so grateful to Joe's cousin for planning that wedding because now we get to meet you in person and enjoy the ginormous fireworks together. There will also be ginormous crowds that probably won't be so enjoyable so just change your mantra to "I get to see Disney's New Year's Eve fireworks on the beach of the Poly with Dis friends. I get to see Disney's New Year's Eve fireworks on the beach of the Poly with Dis friends."
That is so sweet. I like your idea of the mantra! "I get to see Disney's New Year's Even fireworks on the beach of the Poly with Dis friends."

HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY GET BETTER THAN THAT?!

The mantra is working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My Dh always makes rude crude comments about what Manny and Kelly are doing in the back room of the hardware store. LOL!
I have to admit, I laughed out loud at this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I have been wanting to ask about your ticker for quite some time - New Orleans has been showing up for quite some time there. But since we were sworn to secrecy over at the Jambo thread I was waiting patiently. And now the secret has been unveiled. It sounds like you have the trip of a lifetime in the planning! I am sure that you will have a fantastic time despite the crowds. Since you know how to tour the parks without stressing yourself out you should be doing great!

I hope we will get a report about both sections of your combined trip!
I've been bursting to spill the details! I couldn't wait to do the ticker, and only had one person ask via PM, but I figured some people might have noticed and put it together. And all the Jambo friends-you guys get the dirt before anyone! I haven't been able to keep up over there lately though.

And yep, I do plan the TR for the entire trip-all the way through New Orleans!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #70
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
I noticed New Orleans in your ticker quite some time ago too and was curious about it, but didn't ask as I figured all would be explained here.

I think as long as you go into your trip realizing that it will be crowded @ WDW and you adjust your plan accordingly, you'll still have a good time (at least that's what I keep telling myself )

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyLSU View Post
Hi Brooke,

I've been following along on your PTR's and your TR's but haven't done too much commenting because I don't know Disney that well and can't really offer and advice. However, I CAN offer you some advice on NOLA!

New Orleans is such a great city, but sometimes I can hate it as much as I love it.

Just a piece of advice that I want to offer you. I noticed your first day there will be Jan 1 which is also the day of the Sugar Bowl. This is one of the busiest times in the city. It will be jam PACKED that night! I'm sure that you know to plan ahead, but I would book your hotel room NOW! Even if there is a block set aside for the wedding. This is probably the hardest time to get a hotel room in NOLA other than Mardi Gras. Prices will keep rising until the beginning of December when the teams are announced then they will sky rocket!

I don't know how familiar you are with college football but the champion of the SEC is always in the Sugar Bowl. The SEC has some of the rudest crudest fans in all of college football. My advice to you for the 1st would be to stay out of the quarter, ESPECIALLY if LSU is in the big game. Our campus is only a little over an hour away so even if people don't have tickets, the still go to party. You will hear things out of a sorority girls mouth that you shouldn't even hear out of a grown man's mouth. It's a far cry from the Magic Kingdom and honestly it's a little embarrassing. It can be a lot of fun, but if you're not a fan you may not enjoy it. Oh and if you do insist on going out, and LSU is playing, wear purple and/or gold. That way you don't draw attention to yourself!

I hope I didn't scare you off with all that. New Orleans really is great and I do love the city. I just wanted to give you a heads up so you'd know what to expect. If you need any other advice on the city, I'd love to answer any questions. You may even see me down there on the 1st, if LSU is in the Sugar Bowl, yelling obscenities! Just kidding about the obscenities, but I will be down there to support LSU!

Quote:
Actually that was the Sugar Bowl I went to, and I'll be honest, we met a few very nice LSU fans, but the vast majority of those we encountered were some of the rudest, most obnoxious people I've ever been around in my life. I try not to judge an entire group based on the bad apples, but there were A LOT of bad apples! That wasn't the only reason for my poor opinion of the city though, it was just a bad trip all the way around. We had booked a package deal that included hotel and game tickets, the tickets were supposed to be given to us upon check in at the hotel. Well, when we checked in we got an envelope and in it was a letter of apology stating that they were unable to deliver our tickets and there was a check for $900. Of course, with LSU in the game, tickets were no where to be found, and certainly couldn't be purchased for $900! We didn't have tickets until a few hours before the game when a ticket broker from our home town was able to find some for us, and thankfully he accepted the $900 check as payment. So, I was in a bad mood the entire trip! Plus, the French Quarter really smells, and I couldn't get past that (could have had something to do with my bad mood though too ). DH has been to NOLA several times for work and he really likes it there, he wants to take me back and show me other areas of the city, but I doubt I'll ever go......

OK - sorry to go on your PTR Brook! Forgive me?
Before reading all these replies, I had NO clue what the Sugar Bowl even was. Our cousin mentioned it was the Sugar Bowl, but Joe and I were like "Uh, okay?" Neither of us understand football, let alone know anything about college football!

And no worries, this isn't really off topic (and I don't mind if it was! ) It's SO GOOD for me to hear this stuff to prepare our family. None of us would enjoy that atmosphere...so this is excellent advice!

HoneyLSU, first, thank you for reading!! Second, I will be needing advice! And lots of it I think!

So the Sugar Bowl is on January 1? Is it JUST January 1? Or does it continue on for a couple days?

I am making a note to make sure we are landed and at the hotel in the afternoon-I was thinking a later flight so we could enjoy Disney more, but avoiding crazy New Orleans will be a better idea. We'll just have a 'hotel night' and avoid everything. Both the hotels for the wedding (yep, they have a block, and we are reserved in them already, yay!) are in the French Quarter, is that where it gets nutty? Does it last all night?

I can picture myself leaning out our hotel room window snapping pictures at the crowds.

SoonerGirl, I'm so sorry that whole mix up happened with the $900 and tickets! What a pain. That would have put me in a very bad mood too, esp if that is what you were coming to the City for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
OOOH, THE SUSPENSE! I hate not knowing where I'm going to be staying, hopefully it wasn't too much of a problem to get rooms. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Also, be cautioned, you know the crowds at Disney during the week between Christmas and NYE is one the busiest weeks! I'm sure that you guys will do fine and still have a wonderful time!

P.S. I'm sorry your DH will miss the shuttle launch. Hopefully you can still go down to KSC and use that AP!
I'm not a big fan of the Resort Dance either...it's stressful!!

I have heard about the crowds during this week-they make me REALLY nervous...I hope I can find some past TRs and major advice on the week.

I am bummed about the shuttle launch too and keep hoping maybe they will move it. I doubt they would do it between two major holidays though. I would love another KSC day though, and I think the family would love it too...definetly something to keep in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I found ya! I didn't know you were 29 too. Did you also graduate in 98? Great start! What a fun trip you are going to have, Disney and then New Orleans. Lucky girl you are!
Yep! Almost 30 though, just a couple more weeks! I graduated in 97. I take it you are 29, graduated in 98?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Well How-Diddly-Doodly! Kudos on Orlando at Christmas time. I've spent many a holiday in Minnesota and I gotta say, at that time of the year, I'd prefer The World hands down. The fact that my in-laws use their garage as a giant drive-in freezer still cracks me up. If you leave food in the garage here in winter, it thaws, in the summer it cooks. I remember one New Year's at my in-law's in Brooklyn Park, we decided to grill steaks. It was one of those nights with sub-zero wind chill. Normally I stand around the grill gabbing with the other men folks, but on that night, I stuck my head out, discovered my nostril hair had instantly frozen, turned around, and went right back inside. Sure they can call me a thin blooded Texan all they want. Aint no steak worth losing appendages over. I say all that to say this. I know you are going to have a fantastic time and I can't wait to read along and see how your plans shape up.
Hello GB! You are too funny! I'm with ya though, I would NOT be standing out in the garage grilling in the middle of winter either! Noooo way.

I like a Minnesota white Christmas. If we could have the white snow, without the cold, it would be perfect. No ice on the roads. No freezing cold. Just pretty white fluffy stuff that coats the trees and makes it beaaaaaaaaaautiful for one night. The next day it can melt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Brook - that is a great idea. I even approached DH with the same thing two years ago...we could hit NOLA either on the way there or back as I've wanted to go back since our honeymoon. I'm glad the timing is working out for you guys. Be sure to hit Cafe Beignet - that was our favorite place for beignets in New Orleans.

And thank you for your prayers...we need them tonight more than ever (I'll explain later!)

Tracy
Cafe Beignet. Marking that down! I've heard of Cafe du Monde many times, and already have that one marked, but I like everything new too!

Your last comment has me nervous...I am praying for your DMIL! I hope everything is fine....I laughed at her comment about giving the docs a deadline. What a great spirit she has!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #71
robinm1215
Mouseketeer

Hi Brook! Just found your trip report and have enjoyed reading about your plans so far. New Orleans sounds fun too. It will be great to do 2 trips in one.

I'm curious about where you are staying now -- are you not going to be at Kidani?? Guess we'll have to wait until your next post!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:41 AM   #72
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Nope, I've never been to New Orleans! I have a little travel guide from the Official Tourism office, but other than that, I don't know squat!
Oh, you are going to love it. Charles and I went there a few years back -- 2004, maybe? We stayed right down in the French Quarter and did all the touristy things. We had breakfast at Cafe du Monde every morning (their cafe au lait is to die for), took a tour of the Garden District, went to a couple of museums near Jackson Square, and ate a bunch!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #73
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, you are going to love it. Charles and I went there a few years back -- 2004, maybe? We stayed right down in the French Quarter and did all the touristy things. We had breakfast at Cafe du Monde every morning (their cafe au lait is to die for), took a tour of the Garden District, went to a couple of museums near Jackson Square, and ate a bunch!
For a reason unknown to me, I really want to visited New Orleans someday. I have no ties to it, am not a party person, nor do I have any particular reason to have a desire to go, but I'd like to do it anyway someday. I think it's the archtitecture that fascinates me - probably stemming from the quaint feeling of POFQ at Disney, most likely. The thought of having real beignets there helps foster my desire to go, too. I will really enjoy your pictures from this trip!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #74
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinm1215 View Post
Hi Brook! Just found your trip report and have enjoyed reading about your plans so far. New Orleans sounds fun too. It will be great to do 2 trips in one.

I'm curious about where you are staying now -- are you not going to be at Kidani?? Guess we'll have to wait until your next post!
Hey! Thanks for finding me over here. I hope the trips are fun despite the crowds, etc. I think if I plan right, they can be!

We are staying at Kidani. Or at least....trying to. There's a hint for ya!

Quote:
This sounds like my perfect trip, along with a wedding! I am VERY excited about eating a beignet...I haven't heard much on thier coffee-but am THRILLED that you gave it a good report! You know how I am with coffee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
For a reason unknown to me, I really want to visited New Orleans someday. I have no ties to it, am not a party person, nor do I have any particular reason to have a desire to go, but I'd like to do it anyway someday. I think it's the archtitecture that fascinates me - probably stemming from the quaint feeling of POFQ at Disney, most likely. The thought of having real beignets there helps foster my desire to go, too. I will really enjoy your pictures from this trip!
I'm with ya MeMom! The architecture is a huge pull for me. In addition, I just love Cities and new cultures. And yes! The beignets just top off the deal!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #75
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Brook...when is your birthday then?? It might be close to mine...June 17. You are probably at the begining of June?? I will be 29 . My husband turned 28 on May 10th and he was like...you will be 30 next year! I was like No I'm not because I'm not 29 yet. Then I got it...omg I'm going to be 30 next year! I was thinking that since I am not 29 yet then there is no way I can be 30 next year but he was right and I didnlt like him for that!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: