Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #46
A's Princess
Mouseketeer

Subbing! I love your TRs!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #47
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I can;t think of Handy Manny's voices real name, but he was on that 70's show and used to date Lindsey Lhan too, years ago. LOL!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #48
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I can;t think of Handy Manny's voices real name, but he was on that 70's show and used to date Lindsey Lhan too, years ago. LOL!
Wilmer Valderama

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 05-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #50
ClaireW
Mouseketeer

ZeFronk hasn't appeared on UK Playhouse Disney but curious to see what's behind your TR titile so will be checking out your link later

BTW - just googled Wilmer Valderama and won't be able to look at Handy Manny in the same way again!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #51
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by A's Princess View Post
Subbing! I love your TRs!
Thank you!

Quote:
That's so weird. I just think of him as Handy Manny, not a real person! He's only allowed to flirt with Kelly, the chick who owns the hardware store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Wilmer Valderama
Quote:
Thats it. I kept thinking to myself his first name was Vilder, but I knew that was wrong.
Vilder. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
ZeFronk hasn't appeared on UK Playhouse Disney but curious to see what's behind your TR titile so will be checking out your link later

BTW - just googled Wilmer Valderama and won't be able to look at Handy Manny in the same way again!
He's a good lookin' man! When I saw that commerical with him in it, I called to Joe and said "That's Handy Manny. Handy Manny is cute!" He just rolled his eyes and laughed!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #52
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

How "The Plans" got changed before they were even made

So far you know who is going, now the question is, when are we going?

Out of our three previous trips, two have been in the "Value" season and one in the "Normal" season. Joe, Henry, nor I are big on crowds and even at times during the past trips I found myself a tad annoyed with the sheer amount of people everywhere. With that said, we always, always, ALWAYS have wanted to keep going in the lower crowd seasons, so our trip dates were planned for December 8-15.

It was a perfect choice.

A list of why December 8-15 was perfect, created just for you list lovers! :
-Value season means fewer DVC points.
-Value season means lower crowds.
-December means Christmas decorations.
-December means OSBORNE LIGHTS BABY!
-December means MouseFest. Well, it did when we were first selecting our dates.
-AND, there is a shuttle launch planned for December 10. On our January trip we toured Kennedy Space Center and upgraded to Season Passes with the intention of coming back to watch the launch in December - one of Joe's dreams.

It was a great time to escape the winter of Minnesota and enjoy time as a family in between the hectic holidays. All around, these dates were just perfect.

Enter in, the wrench in the plans:

We got an email from one of Joe's cousins....

He's getting married.

In New Orleans....

over New Year's! (January 2 to be exact).

Of course, being the big fans of travelling and going to new places, Joe and I instantly wanted to go to NOLA!

Oh wait! Over New Year's?! We can't cancel Disney! Can we afford both trips? Dare we go on a week long Disney trip, fly home for a couple weeks, celebrate Christmas, and then be off flying again?!

No. My time off (or lack there of) from work would not allow it.

Then the idea struck me..."How about we combine the trips?"

Now this is something I got excited about. I looooooooooove fireworks, and NEW YEARS AT DISNEY WORLD means major, major, MAJOR fireworks!! Last year we watched them via WebCam (courtsey of our fellow DISer SorcererMickey), and live over the Travel Channel at the same time. Joe and I were blown away at how cool it was.

Could this work though?

Turns out it works even better for our family than our previous dates!

Grammy and Auntie KK already have those days off from work, so they don't have to take more vacation time. And while they were wanting to go to the wedding, they were ruling it already due to the cost of traveling twice in such a short time. Combining the trip makes us all able to enjoy a vacation AND be part of the wedding!

In true DIS fashion, our plans were changed before we had even made them.

So, our "Value Season Only" mantra abruptly ended and we found ourselves scrambling to get a room during the PREIMIER season.

Decmeber 26-January 1 at WDW, then January 1-January 4 in NOLA!

Up next: The Resort Dance
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #53
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Cool.

Wow.

That's gonna be something.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 05-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #55
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

How perfect to combine both trips! Sounds like such fun. And all the better for a TR (not that I'm thinking about myself or anything ). I totally forgot about watching the Disney fireworks on Travel Channel last year. I hope they do it again this year. How fun to know that you guys will be there!!

The resort dance in premier season. I have faith in you, though. Can't wait to hear how it turned out and count down with you!!

Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #56
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Combining the trip makes us all able to enjoy a vacation AND be part of the wedding!

Fantastic!

The only thing is.... Yikes!.... Premier Season!!!

Oh, the Humanity (in the parks!!)

Kathy
Old 05-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #57
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That is going to super fun going from WDW at Christmas and New Year's to New Orleans for a wedding! Have you ever been there?
Old 05-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #58
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Funny story about Handy Manny. My mom always keeps the elmo juices that you get at walmart at her house for my newphew. He was there one weekend when she was not expecting him to be there and he wanted his elmo (as he calls it when he asks for it) MOm goes i;m not sure i have any elmo...well he found one in the back of the fridge and he goes Mawmaw...you have everything...just like Kelly!
Old 05-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #59
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So far you know who is going, now the question is, when are we going?

Out of our three previous trips, two have been in the "Value" season and one in the "Normal" season. Joe, Henry, nor I are big on crowds and even at times during the past trips I found myself a tad annoyed with the sheer amount of people everywhere. With that said, we always, always, ALWAYS have wanted to keep going in the lower crowd seasons, so our trip dates were planned for December 8-15.

It was a perfect choice.

A list of why December 8-15 was perfect, created just for you list lovers! :
-Value season means fewer DVC points.
-Value season means lower crowds.
-December means Christmas decorations.
-December means OSBORNE LIGHTS BABY!
-December means MouseFest. Well, it did when we were first selecting our dates.
-AND, there is a shuttle launch planned for December 10. On our January trip we toured Kennedy Space Center and upgraded to Season Passes with the intention of coming back to watch the launch in December - one of Joe's dreams.

It was a great time to escape the winter of Minnesota and enjoy time as a family in between the hectic holidays. All around, these dates were just perfect.

Enter in, the wrench in the plans:

We got an email from one of Joe's cousins....

He's getting married.

In New Orleans....

over New Year's! (January 2 to be exact).

Of course, being the big fans of travelling and going to new places, Joe and I instantly wanted to go to NOLA!

Oh wait! Over New Year's?! We can't cancel Disney! Can we afford both trips? Dare we go on a week long Disney trip, fly home for a couple weeks, celebrate Christmas, and then be off flying again?!

No. My time off (or lack there of) from work would not allow it.

Then the idea struck me..."How about we combine the trips?"

Now this is something I got excited about. I looooooooooove fireworks, and NEW YEARS AT DISNEY WORLD means major, major, MAJOR fireworks!! Last year we watched them via WebCam (courtsey of our fellow DISer SorcererMickey), and live over the Travel Channel at the same time. Joe and I were blown away at how cool it was.

Could this work though?

Turns out it works even better for our family than our previous dates!

Grammy and Auntie KK already have those days off from work, so they don't have to take more vacation time. And while they were wanting to go to the wedding, they were ruling it already due to the cost of traveling twice in such a short time. Combining the trip makes us all able to enjoy a vacation AND be part of the wedding!

In true DIS fashion, our plans were changed before we had even made them.

So, our "Value Season Only" mantra abruptly ended and we found ourselves scrambling to get a room during the PREIMIER season.

Decmeber 26-January 1 at WDW, then January 1-January 4 in NOLA!

Up next: The Resort Dance
And we are so grateful to Joe's cousin for planning that wedding because now we get to meet you in person and enjoy the ginormous fireworks together. There will also be ginormous crowds that probably won't be so enjoyable so just change your mantra to "I get to see Disney's New Year's Eve fireworks on the beach of the Poly with Dis friends. I get to see Disney's New Year's Eve fireworks on the beach of the Poly with Dis friends."
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #60
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

That's so weird. I just think of him as Handy Manny, not a real person! He's only allowed to flirt with Kelly, the chick who owns the hardware store!
My Dh always makes rude crude comments about what Manny and Kelly are doing in the back room of the hardware store. LOL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: