Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #31
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm in too!

I think it's great you are gong with family. I often think about going with family...but then I think...they will slow me down. LOL!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #32
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

WOW! Page 3 already!! You are a popular girl! I'm subbing for this PTR!! Can't wait!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #33
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Subbing for another great report. We have gone with the grandparents- both sides, at different times- and had a great time. I know my mom and mil both love seeing Disney through my kids eyes. Have a fun time planning!!
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #34
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

You will have a great time going with family! When my boys were little, my parents and sister always came to see the magic for the first time (the first was almost 3 his first time, and the second two each had their first time about 18 months).

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 25/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
Old 05-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #35
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

I'm in too!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #36
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Count me in as well. You guys will have a blast with the family, this may sound crazy, but I love have my in-laws with us on trips...they love it almost as much as us and it's just fun to watch them.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #37
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'm in for any report that works in a Playhouse Disney short into the title....but I must confess.....my fav is Choo-Choo Soul!

Old 05-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #38
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

I'm here, friend! Let the planning begin!

I love how we book our trips close to one another, but hate the fact that we 'just' miss one another! Maybe next year!

P.S. When I read your title I wanted to reach into my laptop and give you a big ole' hug! You are so my kinda girl, ZeBrook!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 05-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #39
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

I'm in. I love Disney at New Year's I've been 3 times before, but just can't swing it this year. You'll have lots of fun.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
Old 05-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #40
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Disney is a fun place to be on New Years Day. The parks were low crowds in the morning of the 1st. I don't know if everyone was sleeping late or watching football, but the crowds stayed away until the afternoon the two times I have been at Disney on the 1st.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 05-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #41
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

See what happens when I don't DIS for a couple of days - you start your PTR and it's already 3 pages by the time I get over here! You've got quite a following, girl.

I think that's so wonderful that you are taking your in-laws, and that you actally enjoy them! Me? I couldn't handle a day trip with mine, let alone an entire vacation.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:57 AM   #42
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:dan ce3:

That was Brooklynn typing see ya in December, Henry!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #43
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
Hi Brook,

Still following you from 'across the pond'. Looking forward to reading all about your plans for your next trip.
Hi! Thanks for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorg View Post
Looks like I actually managed to catch this one before it got 27 pages in.
Makes it a tad easier, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
I'm here...now I want your trip to hurry up and happen so I can go on mine!

I do not know who ZeFronk is....yet anyways...I'm sure in time Caleb will let me know who they are all. I am now getting acquianted with Handy Manny and all of his tool friends according to my 2.5 yr old newphew!

Oh and it took me a while to realize who "NYE" was...until I realized New Years Eve!

Can't wait to hear how the trip with the inlaws go...I too my inlaws! I am a very lucky girl who married into a wonderful family. My MIL keeps Caleb and my 3 yr old niece everyday!
You will know who ZeFronk is veryyyy soon I bet! Handy Manny is a cool dude too. They actually had a commerical that I caught with the real guy who does Handy Manny's voice - it was so weird to see him in real life and yet he sounded like the familar cartoon.

That is SO nice that your MIL watches Caleb. I would love it if my MIL could watch Henry. We have an excellent set-up with a very close friend, but Grammy would be even more ideal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi Brook, I am here! I am looking forward to reading about your plans.The trip with your in-laws sounds great!
Hello there! Thanks for joining in here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm here!

I just love that picture of you at the Grand Floridan Tea. So cute!

I am so looking forward to your trip, I want to hit up Disney on all of the holidays someday so I can learn from you!
Thanks LL!! Despite being exhausted I was fairly pleased with that pic as well. It was before the Henry Meltdown too!

I would love to hit Disney on all the holidays too...MeMom is well on her way to doing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocharilla View Post
I'm in for more Henry-ventures!!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
4 hours and the second page already! Everyone wants to be a part of the fun including me, I'm in!
I can't believe it's already grown to this many pages! I haven't hardly written anything! It's so sweet of everyone to read along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Brook, I can't believe you are already at page two! I'm here to help ease the pain of your trip report ending. I can't wait!
I can't wait to read your TR! It will help tide me through unti our trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
ONLY 226 days to plan? You've got to get busy! Can't wait to hear all about your plans!
I know it! Now we are down to 224 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
Yay! Another TR in the making!
Yep! Hopefully the PTR time will zip by and we can be at the World soon to make that TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
To Flossbolna - Hello my fellow Bayern! Nice to see you I hope you and NUE are doing well...

I'm in too Brook!!! I'm really looking forward to reading and following your plans and the in laws are in for a treat!

Heather
Thank you for reading! I think my in-laws are gonna have a FANTASTIC time! At least I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
New Year's Eve?
New Year's Eve.
Hmmm, I can't quite put my finger on it, but New Year's Eve just seems like it's going to be pretty special this year.

I don't know. I'll let you know if I think of what's happening.
Until then, I'll count down with you.

226 cups of hot cocoa on the wall,
226 cups of cocoa,
You take one down,
Pass it around on the Poly beach on NYE while you're watching Wishes,
225 cups of cocoa on the wall!
I love your song! I can't really remember what is happening either on NYE...something about a few DISers meeting up, and some kids playing together...on the Poly beach while watching Wishes...does it get any better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Brook,

We'll definitely be off to a Happy New Year...

...because now we'll have your trip report to read!!!

Kathy
Thanks Kathy! Hopefully the PTR time zips by, the actual trip creeeeeeeeeps by and then I can drag the TR out for a while too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Here I am!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I'm here too!!
Hello! Thanks for following me over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
Looking forward to hearing all about Henry's latest adventures. Until our baby is born and big enough for us to make the trek from UK to Florida (thinking maybe next May/September) I'll have to experience toddler time at WDW through your little family instead!
It really is so special to experience Disney with your little one! It will be worth the wait. And then you can get really prepared and get all sorts of tips from the DIS before your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I agree 2 has been a blast but as Brooklynn inches closer to 3 I'm starting to see lots of temper tantrums and attitude I have never seen from her. She still has her sweet moments and is lots of fun to talk to and listen to as she describes her world so hopefully we will make it to the other side of 3 all still sane!
Henry has a fair share a temper tantrums already...I hope as he learns more words and understands more they subside some. I know some of his frustration stems from not being able to fully express what he wants. BUT, some of it is for no reason! Overall, he's still a very good little boy-we have more happy fun times than cranky ones!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #44
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocharilla View Post
Unfortunately, Jacques is quite the opposite. He throws awful tantrums now, about EVERYTHING, and he's 18 months. Today, I set my purse on his chair that he wasn't using, and he stopped playing, screamed, came over, threw my purse across the room, and proceeded to scream and hit things for 15 minutes. Yeah. God forbid we tell him he can't go outside!

I'm hoping he's getting it out now so he's better behaved later. I don't think it can get worse.
"Side, side, side, side" that's all I heard this morning! Unfortunatly it's 45 degrees here in Minnesota today. We'll probably head out anyway after his nap, winter hat, coat, etc. You wouldn't even know it was May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm in too!

I think it's great you are gong with family. I often think about going with family...but then I think...they will slow me down. LOL!
Ya, I have to make sure to keep in the mindset of it being very busy this time of year, and the family might not want to move as quickly as I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
WOW! Page 3 already!! You are a popular girl! I'm subbing for this PTR!! Can't wait!
I couldn't believe I was at 3 pages already either! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
Subbing for another great report. We have gone with the grandparents- both sides, at different times- and had a great time. I know my mom and mil both love seeing Disney through my kids eyes. Have a fun time planning!!
I think it will be a very special trip with Grammy and Poppa. Wonderful memories waiting to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
You will have a great time going with family! When my boys were little, my parents and sister always came to see the magic for the first time (the first was almost 3 his first time, and the second two each had their first time about 18 months).
This will probably be like another first time for Henry, being he probably doesn't remember a whole lot from either previous trip. And even being older, I'm sure he'll experience things in a whole new way too. I'm excited to share this with the family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
I'm in too!
Thanks for joining in!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #45
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Count me in as well. You guys will have a blast with the family, this may sound crazy, but I love have my in-laws with us on trips...they love it almost as much as us and it's just fun to watch them.
Your in-laws are so cool! I love reading your report. I am thinking of and praying for your DMIL!! I'm sure she'll be pushing to be just fine for that September trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm in for any report that works in a Playhouse Disney short into the title....but I must confess.....my fav is Choo-Choo Soul!
I love Choo-Choo Soul as well. I always dance with Henry (except he doesn't always dance ) during it. Henry gets VERY excited when it comes on TV and puts his hand up like pulling the horn cord. It's so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I'm here, friend! Let the planning begin!

I love how we book our trips close to one another, but hate the fact that we 'just' miss one another! Maybe next year!

P.S. When I read your title I wanted to reach into my laptop and give you a big ole' hug! You are so my kinda girl, ZeBrook!
I know it! I couldn't believe it when you PM'ed me with your dates! Maybe our paths will cross that last day...depending on flight times. Henry would love to meet Belle! And I would love to meet you!! Have you offically announced this trip yet?

Glad you like the PTR title! Joe and I were going through some various things over chat the other day while at work and I threw out this one, and he freaked "YES!" and we kept coming back to it no matter how many other ones we tossed around. Playhouse Disney is such a big part of our lives, it's gotta be represented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharacterFan View Post
I'm in. I love Disney at New Year's I've been 3 times before, but just can't swing it this year. You'll have lots of fun.
Oh, I'm SO glad to hear that! Please share ANY TIPS you have! PLEAAAAAAASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Disney is a fun place to be on New Years Day. The parks were low crowds in the morning of the 1st. I don't know if everyone was sleeping late or watching football, but the crowds stayed away until the afternoon the two times I have been at Disney on the 1st.
That is great to hear! I'll have to keep this in mind if we can drag our rears out of bed on the 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
See what happens when I don't DIS for a couple of days - you start your PTR and it's already 3 pages by the time I get over here! You've got quite a following, girl.

I think that's so wonderful that you are taking your in-laws, and that you actally enjoy them! Me? I couldn't handle a day trip with mine, let alone an entire vacation.
I am a very fortunate girl to have great in-laws. I hear so many awful stories of MILs trying to control their son, and then when you have babies it's a whole new deal-like you are doing everything wrong, etc. Ugh. My DMIL is incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:dan ce3:

That was Brooklynn typing see ya in December, Henry!
I love this. It's so stinkin' cute.

Hi Brooklynn! Henry can't wait to see you either! We will play and dig in the sand on the Poly beach!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: