Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 AM   #151
Vexorg
Princess Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
No joke! If he has taste like Joe we are all going to have to get a couple jobs to support their "hobbies". (Thankfully for Joe, I'm a bit of a techy geek as well-so he often gets what he wants!)
These days, just trying to keep up with my brothers' hobbies can be a challenge. A couple of years ago it was golf (I'm still lamenting the loss of precious closet space resulting from that one,) and now it's nitro-powered RC racecars (the ones that do 45+ miles per hour and seem to require costly repairs anytime you crash 'em into something.) Unfortunately, they don't seem to follow my hobbies too well (otherwise they'd all have basements full of decrepit old arcade games... I wonder why they don't?)

Then there's talk of trying to put together an el cheapo racecar to take out to the Saturday Night redneck races... I'm probably the least mechanically inclined of the guys in my family, but I think that would still be fun.

My Blog: http://thesledgehammer.wordpress.com - The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Old 06-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #152
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Tracy has often commented on the trips to Wisconsin Dells she took while growing up in the Twin Cities. We hope to head that way for at least ONE night the next time we up duing the summer. Sounds like you all had a ton of fun. Loved the Farm set. I was thrilled when Bug went through her 6 month Cars phase. (Finally the girls had something that I could play with.) But alas, it ran its course and she's now going through a baby doll stage. The girls are also going through a "Beauty Shop" stage and take great joy in "Fixing" my hair while we watch TV. The joy of having all girls.... I tell Tracy that we AT LEAST have to get a male dog when the Pipster is let out into that great backyard in the sky.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #153
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Hi Brook!! I'm jumping over!

I'm sooo jealous that your going 12/26 - new years!! Your going to be in WDW on my birthday! I sooooo want to go to WDW for my birthday, 12/28. but am a little scared to! I'll be waiting to kind out how it is!

Your trip the Dells sounds great! I saw a show on the travel channel, which I'm addicted to, about all the waterparks in the Dells!

Anyway, can't wait to read more!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #154
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

I go on vacation and I got sooo far behind! The Dells looks like a great place for families, maybe I'll get to visit there one day! Your updates have not been lame or boring, you silly silly woman! Your trip reports have been some of my favorites, and I never want you to stop writing!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #155
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

That is a really nice room you got Brook! I don't like the out of control feelings of waterslides either. I really want to love them but I about pee my pants I am so darn afraid I will fly over the edge and plummet to my death. Seriously. That pizza looks delish!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #156
CJsMom

Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Trip looks great so far and you had me rofl about going on the waterslides! You guys got a really nice room. Love the Target pics - Henry is so darn cute!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #157
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorg View Post
These days, just trying to keep up with my brothers' hobbies can be a challenge. A couple of years ago it was golf (I'm still lamenting the loss of precious closet space resulting from that one,) and now it's nitro-powered RC racecars (the ones that do 45+ miles per hour and seem to require costly repairs anytime you crash 'em into something.) Unfortunately, they don't seem to follow my hobbies too well (otherwise they'd all have basements full of decrepit old arcade games... I wonder why they don't?)

Then there's talk of trying to put together an el cheapo racecar to take out to the Saturday Night redneck races... I'm probably the least mechanically inclined of the guys in my family, but I think that would still be fun.
I used to golf. In high school. 2 friends and I joined the golf team and we were like the rebellious golfers-shouting on the course, making divits on purpose...we were naughty! I'm sure my clubs are still somewhere. Or maybe my Mom sold them. You could Craigslist yours! Closet space is more important than golf.

The Saturday Night Redneck Races do sound like fun. We aren't into cars or the like here (except Henry!), but computers, sound equipment, home theater systems and anything else with a $800+ pricetag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Tracy has often commented on the trips to Wisconsin Dells she took while growing up in the Twin Cities. We hope to head that way for at least ONE night the next time we up duing the summer. Sounds like you all had a ton of fun. Loved the Farm set. I was thrilled when Bug went through her 6 month Cars phase. (Finally the girls had something that I could play with.) But alas, it ran its course and she's now going through a baby doll stage. The girls are also going through a "Beauty Shop" stage and take great joy in "Fixing" my hair while we watch TV. The joy of having all girls.... I tell Tracy that we AT LEAST have to get a male dog when the Pipster is let out into that great backyard in the sky.
I hope you are able to stop for a night as well! It's a neat/quirky place.

I think we all need pics of your hair all done up.

I wish you the best with getting the male dog. I think you will NEED it during their teen years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Hi Brook!! I'm jumping over!

I'm sooo jealous that your going 12/26 - new years!! Your going to be in WDW on my birthday! I sooooo want to go to WDW for my birthday, 12/28. but am a little scared to! I'll be waiting to kind out how it is!

Your trip the Dells sounds great! I saw a show on the travel channel, which I'm addicted to, about all the waterparks in the Dells!

Anyway, can't wait to read more!!!
I'm so NERVOUS about going during our week! I keep trying to look up as much information about it as I can. I can completely understand why you are scared!

I see a "next date coming soon" in your siggy. Perhaps you might get there for your b-day after all????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
I go on vacation and I got sooo far behind! The Dells looks like a great place for families, maybe I'll get to visit there one day! Your updates have not been lame or boring, you silly silly woman! Your trip reports have been some of my favorites, and I never want you to stop writing!!!
Vacation does that, doesn't it??? Interfers with our DIS time!

The Dells really are a neat place-it's very family geared, and so many things to appeal to different tastes.

Thank you for the sweet words about my TRs! That first Dells post was so short, so few pictures-so I felt bad about it being so short and lame! Thankfully my computer/internet stopped acting so goofy the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
That is a really nice room you got Brook! I don't like the out of control feelings of waterslides either. I really want to love them but I about pee my pants I am so darn afraid I will fly over the edge and plummet to my death. Seriously. That pizza looks delish!
EXACTLY my thoughts on the waterslides!!!!!!!! I want to love them, I really do, but ugh. My stomach turns and I have to do everything my power to push myself off to actually go down.

The pizza was very yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJsMom View Post
Trip looks great so far and you had me rofl about going on the waterslides! You guys got a really nice room. Love the Target pics - Henry is so darn cute!!
I'm such a chicken on the slides! They seriously freak me out. But give me a big 'ol roller coaster anyday!

Thank you for the compliment on Henry's pics. I don't think Joe ever did get around to scanning them in...hmmm....
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #158
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

A Birthday Surprise

My birthday is on Saturday. I'm turning 30. Yestereday I found a big 'ol gray hair!

Joe just revealed to me that he has been planning something. I don't know all the details yet, but this is what I do know:

* We are going to Minneapolis for an overnight stay.
* We are going to see a Broadway show (A Bronx Tale) at the State Theatre.
* We are going SHOPPING. DSW is involved. (and I have coupons-saving bucks is almost as thrilling as the shoes themselves to me!! )

I'm so excited! It's so unlike him to actually plan something-and to this magnitude!!!!!!!!! He even arranged for Henry to stay with MIL!

I plan to get a Dells update and a PTR update done today!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #159
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
My birthday is on Saturday. I'm turning 30. Yestereday I found a big 'ol gray hair!

Joe just revealed to me that he has been planning something. I don't know all the details yet, but this is what I do know:

* We are going to Minneapolis for an overnight stay.
* We are going to see a Broadway show (A Bronx Tale) at the State Theatre.
* We are going SHOPPING. DSW is involved. (and I have coupons-saving bucks is almost as thrilling as the shoes themselves to me!! )

I'm so excited! It's so unlike him to actually plan something-and to this magnitude!!!!!!!!! He even arranged for Henry to stay with MIL!

I plan to get a Dells update and a PTR update done today!
Happy (early!) Birthday Brook...you're going to LOVE your 30's they are GREAT years!!!!

And how WONDERFUL that Joe planned something so nice for your special day!! Does this mean we get a mini TR too?!! Have a wonderful time!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #161
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! The trip sounds like it'll be a ton of fun! Enjoy it, you don't get to turn 30 twice!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #162
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'm in...I will be curious to see how your trip is now that you're going during Premier Season.....

Happy Early Birthday....
Old 06-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #163
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, you are going to have a wonderful birthday, Brook! I am so excited to hear all about it when I get back!

I will sing you happy birthday as I arrive on Disney property -- I hope my voice travels all the way to Minnesota!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #164
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Awww! Good job Joe!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #165
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Happy (early!) Birthday Brook...you're going to LOVE your 30's they are GREAT years!!!!

And how WONDERFUL that Joe planned something so nice for your special day!! Does this mean we get a mini TR too?!! Have a wonderful time!!!!
I've heard that the 30s are great from several people, so I'm looking forward to them! It will be a bit strange to not be in my 20s though.

And yep, I'll share the details when we get back! I have to finish the Dells first though-otherwise I'll have PTR, Dells and Birthday all going at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
That sounds like a wonderful Birthday weekend!! Yayaya!
I think it will be! I'm kinda lovin' that he has kept it as a surprise too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! The trip sounds like it'll be a ton of fun! Enjoy it, you don't get to turn 30 twice!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I'm in...I will be curious to see how your trip is now that you're going during Premier Season.....

Happy Early Birthday....
Welcome aboard! Thanks for reading! I am slightly frightened about going during Premier Season. I am hoping to find more information here on the DIS about it-read TRs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, you are going to have a wonderful birthday, Brook! I am so excited to hear all about it when I get back!

I will sing you happy birthday as I arrive on Disney property -- I hope my voice travels all the way to Minnesota!
I'll make sure to listen for it! I can't belive you leave so soon!!! I can't wait to read your TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Awww! Good job Joe!
Yes, very well done!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: