DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
hepcat620
Earning My Ears

Question First Time DVC Point Renter Questions

Hi Folks,

In the past, we've always stayed in regular hotel rooms, both on and off property. This year we are going to try something different - renting points from a DVC member. I've got a few questions that I know folks here can answer:

- Is there any other cost/fee, other than the price per point for accomodations?

- If I buy park hopper tickets from AAA or a discounter, can I still get extra magic hours for the length of my stay? I think so, but it's good to be sure.

- Is there a dining plan available? Is it discounted, or only for the original DVC member?

Thanks Much!
hepcat620

70s-90s many times (DL too!)

98 WL
99 All Star Sports
2002 off site Marriott
2004 WL again!
2006 Port Orleans Riverside
2007 off site Cypress Pointe
2008 All Star Music - saw my son's Marching Band
perform in the afternoon MK parade!
2010 WL Villas
2011 back for the Marching Band Again
2013 Polynesian
hepcat620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
wheelcap
Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"

Answers

In the past, we've always stayed in regular hotel rooms, both on and off property. This year we are going to try something different - renting points from a DVC member. I've got a few questions that I know folks here can answer:

- Is there any other cost/fee, other than the price per point for accomodations?
They make a reservation in your name, then tell you what they want for it. Most charge a flat-rate per point and don't tack on other fees.

- If I buy park hopper tickets from AAA or a discounter, can I still get extra magic hours for the length of my stay? I think so, but it's good to be sure.
EMH is available with your room key/card, and has nothing to do with the ticket itself.

- Is there a dining plan available? Is it discounted, or only for the original DVC member?
We don't get any special dining plans right now - just whatever is available to the general public.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

There is no additional fees, unless you want additional housekeeping services. DVC reservations of 7 nights or less receive trash and towel service on day 4. On stays of 8 nights or more, you get a full housekeeping service on day 4 and trash and towel on day 8. (Check-in counts as Day 1)

Yes, it is your onsite (including DVC) room key that entitles you to Extra Magic Hours, regardless of where you purchase your park ticket. In fact, you can have unused discounted tickets transferred onto your room key at the hotel concierge desk in the lobby.

There are 3 dining plans available, the Quick Service, Standard and Deluxe Plan. There is no discount, even for actual members. The member you rent from will need to add the plan to your reservation by calling Member Services. You will pay for the plan when you check into your resort.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
hepcat620
Earning My Ears

Thanks Very Much for these answers, they're a great help.

If I do I 5 night stay, do I have to purchase the dining plan for 6 days? 5 Days? Any number of days?

98 WL
99 All Star Sports
2002 off site Marriott
2004 WL again!
2010 WL Villas
2013 Polynesian
Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
hepcat620
Earning My Ears

Oh, one more "hepcat620 is an obvious DVC newbie" question. We're most likely going to be renting a studio. Are there washers/dryers available?

98 WL
99 All Star Sports
2002 off site Marriott
2004 WL again!
2010 WL Villas
2013 Polynesian
Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

The dining plans go by number of nights on the reservation, so if you purchased the standard DDP on a 5 night stay, you'd have 5 Table Service, 5 Counter Service and 5 snack credits per person that could be used from the time you check-in until midnight of day 6 (your check-out day). You have to have the DDPs for the entire length of your reservation, for everyone on the room.

There are free washers and dryers available for those staying in studios at every DVC resort, the locations of the laundry rooms will vary by resort. At OKW they are near the 4 pools, for AKV-Jambo they are on the 5th floor. Ask the front desk, or the owner you rent from about your specific resort. You will need to provide the laundry detergent.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You need to understand about making a reservation. Most member make their reservations 11 months out. So if you are trying to make a reservation for this summer, you may be too late. I didn't see that you had a timeframe listed and it may have been removed by a moderator so it would not be looked at as a request for a rental.

Holiday periods are also tough to get if you wait too late. Most of December and Nov are already booked by members. There may be some available resorts, but not all will be available.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: