Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #1471
webprinter
DIS Veteran

This will be our first visit to the F&W Fest. How do we know which demos to sign up for. As usual, I waited too long and now have to pay full price for them. We weren't able to firm up our dates until now and all that is left are the wine tastings which we are not interested in. So, since I have to pay full price, how do I know what recipe they will be demonstrating. We will be there from 10/24-10/26, leaving the morning of the 27th. Any recommendations?

webprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #1472
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If they follow the usual procedure, you will not know what the food served at the culinary demonstration is until the day of the demonstration, when a schedule will be posted in the Festival Center which includes the food served at the demos.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #1473
Bella O
Mouseketeer

I just read about the beer and wine passports. Where can I purchase them - are they at a special kiosk in a particular country?

Thanks!

BELLA

Bella O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #1474
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

DH and I made a ressie for the Tequila Tasting at the "Ditch" for 10-3-09. Everything is paid ( even showed up on my VISA) and we have a res. #. Is there a way I can access that reservation online???

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #1475
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezee View Post
DH and I made a ressie for the Tequila Tasting at the "Ditch" for 10-3-09. Everything is paid ( even showed up on my VISA) and we have a res. #. Is there a way I can access that reservation online???
I haven't seen a way to access it online, but they sent email confirmation with instructions to print it and bring it with you. Did you get that?

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #1476
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
I haven't seen a way to access it online, but they sent email confirmation with instructions to print it and bring it with you. Did you get that?
The tequila tastings at La Cava del Tequila (aka The Ditch) are considered one of the "festival special events" like the signature dinners or Party for the Senses, and are not bookable or confirmable online. You'd need to call WDW-DINE and have it looked up if you want a confirmation number and you don't have one written down. You won't receive any tickets or printable confirmation for these. Best you could have done is write down the confirmation number when you booked. They will have a list at the event and they'll check people off when they arrive. There are no tickets to present.

You can, however, have your resort concierge print it out for you, like you can with a Disney ADR. They can look it up via the confirmation number or your phone number.

The advice to print out the confirmation was given with booking the $5-$8 culinary and wine demonstrations at the Festival Center, which are booked using a completely different system.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #1477
wezee
Am I cheating on my husband, if I have dreams about Mickey Mouse?

Thanks, I do have the confirmation # and will be sure to take it along. Matter of fact, since we are on the DxDDP for 9 days, I have created a spreadsheet with all of our confirmation numbers and itinerary. We have an early TS (lunch) planned each day and a 2TS Signature each night.
Since it's getting close, DH and I have been spending extra time looking at menus and dining reports...just to build the excitement.

Next Magical Moment: Sept. 2013
March 1995 Off site, Feb 2000 POFQ, March 2006 POFQ (25th Anniv.)March 2007 POFQ, Oct. 2007 POFQ, Sept. 2008 POFQ, Oct. 2009 POFQ, March 2010 POFQ,Sept 2010 POFQ, Feb 2011 POFQ, Oct. 2011 POFQ (30th Anniv.)., POFQ Sept 2012,
wezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #1478
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Can anyone tell me a little bit about the (what are they? wristbands? or like gift cards?) that you can use to purchase at the F&W kiosks? I think I heard somewhere that they were wristbands (???) attached to your credit card that are easier to use than digging out cash or using a regular credit card.

Is that the jist of it? Can you connect it to your KTTW or is it a prepaid kindof thing? Where can you get them?

Thanks so much, sorry if this has already been asked....I checked the first post but I don't have time to go through the whole thread!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #1479
B'rer Karen
DIS Veteran
A trip to the world isn't complete without a Dole Whip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Can anyone tell me a little bit about the (what are they? wristbands? or like gift cards?) that you can use to purchase at the F&W kiosks? I think I heard somewhere that they were wristbands (???) attached to your credit card that are easier to use than digging out cash or using a regular credit card.

Is that the jist of it? Can you connect it to your KTTW or is it a prepaid kindof thing? Where can you get them?

Thanks so much, sorry if this has already been asked....I checked the first post but I don't have time to go through the whole thread!
They are gift cards that you can load with a certain amount of money and then reload as they run out. They can be purchased at the festival center and typically at the little festival gift stands around the World Showcase. You may be able to use a credit card for the initial load of money or reload. Not sure about that. You would not be able to link it to your KTTW card though since it is a prepaid gift card.

FYI, you can also use the normal Disney gift cards. The only difference between the special festival one and the normal gift card is the festival one has the wristband for easy carrying. You can also use your KTTW card at the booths.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar. '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb. '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb. '11, BCV Oct.' 11, VWL Feb. '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb. '13, BCV Oct' 13, AKV Feb. '14
DL: May '00, Mar. '06
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #1480
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

Here's a picture of the wrist band gift card.

When you first get one it is the size of a credit card (wallet size) but you can separate it to become the wrist band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
They are gift cards that you can load with a certain amount of money and then reload as they run out. They can be purchased at the festival center and typically at the little festival gift stands around the World Showcase. You may be able to use a credit card for the initial load of money or reload. Not sure about that. You would not be able to link it to your KTTW card though since it is a prepaid gift card.

FYI, you can also use the normal Disney gift cards. The only difference between the special festival one and the normal gift card is the festival one has the wristband for easy carrying. You can also use your KTTW card at the booths.
I don't know for sure about linking it to the KTTW card but I don't see why they couldn't. It's just another purchase. You can also use a Disney Visa Rewards Card at the booths or to load cash onto the gift card.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #1481
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

The wrist card is just a Disney gift card with a Food & Wine Festival picture on it and a wrist band. You can purchase it and load it just as you would any other Disney gift card, and it can be used anywhere a gift card can be used, not just at the food/wine booths.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #1482
B'rer Karen
DIS Veteran
A trip to the world isn't complete without a Dole Whip

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
I don't know for sure about linking it to the KTTW card but I don't see why they couldn't. It's just another purchase. You can also use a Disney Visa Rewards Card at the booths or to load cash onto the gift card.
I interpreted "linking to the KTTW card" to mean that every time this card was swiped it would charge back to your room, like the KTTW card. That is why I said you couldn't do that. Can you use your KTTW card to purchase the gift card and load it with money? I don't know the answer, but I agree with you that it seems like you could do that since it is just another purchase.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar. '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb. '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb. '11, BCV Oct.' 11, VWL Feb. '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb. '13, BCV Oct' 13, AKV Feb. '14
DL: May '00, Mar. '06
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #1483
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Ahhh..excellent!

Thanks you all for the great info and pics for the gift cards/wristbands.

Now that I know the logistics it's on to planning the good stuff! Mmmmmm!

Thanks again!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #1484
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
The tequila tastings at La Cava del Tequila (aka The Ditch) are considered one of the "festival special events" like the signature dinners or Party for the Senses, and are not bookable or confirmable online. You'd need to call WDW-DINE and have it looked up if you want a confirmation number and you don't have one written down. You won't receive any tickets or printable confirmation for these. Best you could have done is write down the confirmation number when you booked. They will have a list at the event and they'll check people off when they arrive. There are no tickets to present.

You can, however, have your resort concierge print it out for you, like you can with a Disney ADR. They can look it up via the confirmation number or your phone number.

The advice to print out the confirmation was given with booking the $5-$8 culinary and wine demonstrations at the Festival Center, which are booked using a completely different system.
You're right!! I've got so many different types of reservations, I'm getting everything confused!! (it was those $5-$8 seminars I was thinking of!!!)

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM   #1485
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

And that was because while you do get an e-mail confirmation for the seminars, they don't have all the information on them - they leave out the times or the presenters or something like that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: