Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #1426
Quacktatty
DIS Veteran

What are the chances of a walkup at the demos? There is one I'd really like to attend but I have a Le Cellier reservation for 1 hr prior that I'm not really willing to give up and can't change. I eat pretty quick and was in and out of Le Cellier in 30 minutes on my last visit there, but I don't know if I'll be cutting it too close.

Would I be better off registering and then eating the $8 if I have to miss it? Or should I forget it all together? Do they let people in late? I'd hate to be "that" person though
Previous Trips: DL and WDW numerous times on and off-site as a child, 1999 High School trip to WDW, played on stage at Cosmic Ray's and in DTD. 3/03 - 1 Day in MK, 10/03 - ASMovies, 1/07 - 7 nights POFQ, 9/08 - 6 nights AKL, 10/09 - 10 nights POP/AKL, 5/10 - 5 nights POFQ, 10/10 - 7 nights AKL, 11/11 - 5 nights DLR (HoJo)

Trip Reports: May 2010, October 2009, September 2008, January 2007

Dining Reviews:October 2010, May 2010, October 2009, September 2008

Quacktatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #1427
Aryn
DIS Veteran

I've been going over all the things we want to try and we have picked out 54 items! If each item is $4 apiece, I'm going to be broke and stuffed!! We are going to be sharing(except the chiliquiles, which I will not share) Does this seem outragous to anyone? Have I lost my mind?

We are doing 2 days so it will be split in half. We are going to try things we have never tried before and it will be DD10 who will try anything and DS7 who wont, but we will try with him anyway.

What is everyone elses "count"
We are going in 3 weeks and can't wait!!!

Last edited by Aryn; 09-07-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: clarity and punctuation!
Aryn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #1428
Dustmouse
Proud DISer for 13 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGeek1971 View Post
We've signed up for 8 of the Wine Seminars and Culinary Demonstrations in the Festival Center. For those of you who are either DVC members or Tables in Wonderland card holders, if you book in advance these are $5 instead of $8.
How do you make these ressies? I called the regular dining number and the CM couldn't find where to make the reservation.

June 2001 *Swan* - June 2006 *Beach Club Villas* - June & October 2009 *All Star Sports & Contemporary MK View* - April 2011 *Pop Century* - November 2011 *Disney Dream & Polynesian* - June 2012 *Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club* - March 2013 - *Disney Magic* - June 2013 *Offsite Timeshare* - November 2013 *Disney Wonder* -June 2014 *Disney Wonder to Alaska* - August 2014 *Port Orleans French Quarter & Disney Dream*
Dustmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #1429
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There is a link in the first post to the website to make reservations for the culinary and wine seminars. You cannot make these reservations through WDW-DINE, nor can WDW-DINE confirm them for you. It's an entirely different system.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #1430
Dustmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
There is a link in the first post to the website to make reservations for the culinary and wine seminars. You cannot make these reservations through WDW-DINE, nor can WDW-DINE confirm them for you. It's an entirely different system.
If it says "Not available online" does that means it's already sold out? I'm trying for the 4:30 on 10/3.

June 2001 *Swan* - June 2006 *Beach Club Villas* - June & October 2009 *All Star Sports & Contemporary MK View* - April 2011 *Pop Century* - November 2011 *Disney Dream & Polynesian* - June 2012 *Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club* - March 2013 - *Disney Magic* - June 2013 *Offsite Timeshare* - November 2013 *Disney Wonder* -June 2014 *Disney Wonder to Alaska* - August 2014 *Port Orleans French Quarter & Disney Dream*
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #1431
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yes, if it's not available that means it's sold out. But if you are looking only at discounted tickets ($5) try it without the discount - choose "no" when it asks if you are TIW, DVC or AP holder. You may find that you can book the same demos at full price ($8). If you can't get it then either, then all the pre-booked tickets are probably sold out.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #1432
Dustmouse

Quote:
Yes, if it's not available that means it's sold out. But if you are looking only at discounted tickets ($5) try it without the discount - choose "no" when it asks if you are TIW, DVC or AP holder. You may find that you can book the same demos at full price ($8). If you can't get it then either, then all the pre-booked tickets are probably sold out.
Great advice! Tickets are available at regular price.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #1433
chip&dale&fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've signed up for 8 of the Wine Seminars and Culinary Demonstrations in the Festival Center. For those of you who are either DVC members or Tables in Wonderland card holders, if you book in advance these are $5 instead of $8. I know some people are probably annoyed that these now cost and used to be free, but so long as I have reserved seats for 2 @ $5 each, I'm not complaining. We're doing these events this year instead of the two $150 a plate meal events as we've usually done over the past five years or so. **************
Have a magical day!
I felt the same when I first heard about the charge, but then time is important when you are limited to a few days to catch everything. I always hated standing in line for one hour for a 45 minute event, and we did not do so. Now we picked up a few at $5.00 and like you, instead of the other events that have more than doubled over the years......We'll see how this new system works...
DREAMing Maiden Voyage 2011/Wedding Cruise September 2011/January 2012.

NEXT CRUISE DISNEY FANTASY
chip&dale&fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #1434
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip&dale&fun View Post
I felt the same when I first heard about the charge, but then time is important when you are limited to a few days to catch everything. I always hated standing in line for one hour for a 45 minute event, and we did not do so. Now we picked up a few at $5.00 and like you, instead of the other events that have more than doubled over the years......We'll see how this new system works...
I felt the same way. Now I will be curious to see exactly how it works. I am hoping the long lines of standing and waiting are no longer necessary. I also wonder if there will be "assigned" seating or if it will be get what ya get!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #1435
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I felt the same way. Now I will be curious to see exactly how it works. I am hoping the long lines of standing and waiting are no longer necessary. I also wonder if there will be "assigned" seating or if it will be get what ya get!
I'm not taking any chances. I'm still going to try to get there early enough to avoid being stuck in Palmhenge. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some first-hand accounts of the procedure from the guinea pigs attending opening weekend.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #1436
WDWGeek1971
Mouseketeer

Kiosk Favorites. What's yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn View Post
I've been going over all the things we want to try and we have picked out 54 items! If each item is $4 apiece, I'm going to be broke and stuffed!! We are going to be sharing(except the chiliquiles, which I will not share) Does this seem outragous to anyone? Have I lost my mind?

We are doing 2 days so it will be split in half. We are going to try things we have never tried before and it will be DD10 who will try anything and DS7 who wont, but we will try with him anyway.

What is everyone elses "count"
We are going in 3 weeks and can't wait!!!
Definitely share! Agree on not sharing the chiliquiles, though! My that was yummy last year. If you think about it, you're eating very well, and over two days, that will be ALL your meals. Think of it as skipping Flying Fish and Citricos, then it's not so pricey! My personal favorite is the "Escargot Persillade en Brioche" in France. That was my I'm-not-sharing last year and I had it for lunch every day for a week while there. Looking forward to it
again this year. It's tiny ping-pong ball sized brioche (which is a buttery, eggy bread) hollowed out with a dollop of melted butter, garlic, parsley, shallots and escargot nestled all warm and melty inside. They put the little cap back on, too. I tell myself they use organic eggs and butter from grass-fed cows so I don't feel so guilty eating it. ;-)

I'll be there on Friday the 25th! Can't wait! What are some other repeat favorites out there?

First Visit: December 1971
Most Recent Visits: Oct/Nov 2010, Jan 2011, Feb 2011, May 2011, July 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2011, Dec 2011, Feb 2012, May 2012, Aug 2012, Sept/Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Mar 2013, Oct/Nov 2013, Dec 2013, Mar 2014, May 2014.
Next Visits: F&W Oct 2014, Dec 2014
WDWGeek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #1437
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Quote:
Definitely share! Agree on not sharing the chiliquiles, though! My that was yummy last year. If you think about it, you're eating very well, and over two days, that will be ALL your meals. Think of it as skipping Flying Fish and Citricos, then it's not so pricey! My personal favorite is the "Escargot Persillade en Brioche" in France. That was my I'm-not-sharing last year and I had it for lunch every day for a week while there. Looking forward to it
again this year. It's tiny ping-pong ball sized brioche (which is a buttery, eggy bread) hollowed out with a dollop of melted butter, garlic, parsley, shallots and escargot nestled all warm and melty inside. They put the little cap back on, too. I tell myself they use organic eggs and butter from grass-fed cows so I don't feel so guilty eating it. ;-)

I'll be there on Friday the 25th! Can't wait! What are some other repeat favorites out there?
DH shared his brioche with DS9. DS9 would be more than happy this year to let DH have it all to himself!! At least DS tried it. I think he found the snail texture a little odd.

I'm always up for some Australian lamb. They seem to vary how they serve it, but it's always very good.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #1438
PSU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This is an information and discussion thread. Meets and potential meets are off topic for this thread. If you'd like to discuss times and meets, please feel free to start a new thread on the main board if all you want to see are people's event lists (I would do it myself but I'm due at Animal Kingdom), or if you want to try setting up meets, start a thread on the Meets board. Threads about meets posted in Restaurants are likely to be moved to the Meets board.
So sorry - thanks for the correction - new to posting. Will do so...
PSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #1439
denisegold
Mouseketeer

Wed Oct 7 (BTE)

Hello-
My BF and I are coming to EPCOT on Wed. Oct 7 only- not for the wine & food festival, but to see Better Than Ezra. Really!! We are flying in from Mass, just for this.
My ? is: I thought this might be a "light crowd" day until I came across this thread!! Do you think a Wednesday won't be so bad? I just figured Oct in the middle of the week would be quieter- I never knew about this festival and it's following. TIA!
denisegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #1440
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisegold View Post
Hello-
My BF and I are coming to EPCOT on Wed. Oct 7 only- not for the wine & food festival, but to see Better Than Ezra. Really!! We are flying in from Mass, just for this.
Hey - they were in Buffalo, NY for a FREE concert June 19, 2009 - come see us sometime!!! Click here for review in the Buffalo News

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: