Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2009, 04:21 PM   #871
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

I was specifically asking her about the wine and beverage seminars, which now cost $8. I asked if the tickets for these would go on sale on August 11 along with the Party for the Senses and the other "normal" ticketed events, which always *have* been ticketed events, or if the tickets for the seminars would be just a first come first served kind of deal.

She put me on hold and when she came back on the line, she said that AP holders would be able to purchase some of the tickets online, and they would be $5 if purchased online in advance (instead of the $8 charge in the festival guide I got in the mail the other day).

It seems weird, but it was a very specific price she told me. Unless she was completely making it up, which I guess is a possibility.

And as for it being very late for them to put info out...that doesn't seem to bother Disney. I just got the guide in the mail and tickets go on sale in 6 days and the CMs still haven't been told all the info about it....she said there was going to be a meeting on it in a few days. Another CM had told me that Disney doesn't like to tell them things until the last minute b/c there is just too much info for the CMs to process and deal with. If they know all the details of everything coming up too far in advance, it gets confusing.
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:55 PM   #872
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Thanks for the clarification llqool. That makes sense that it's for the demos since those don't need to be reserved on August 11.
As far as special events like party for the senses I don't recall ever having hard tickets for them just reservations but maybe I've missed something.
I doubt the CM was making it up and you are so right about Disney waiting until the last moment ...
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #873
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Hey all, will be down for F&WF for a week starting on Oct 24th ... and this will also be my DD first drip to WDW - she'll be about 9mo at the time.

... anyway, my DW was interested in doing the Sweet Sundays and I was wondering if anyone had done that event in the past and if it was worth it (obviously a subjective question )

... and sorry if this has been discussed already, I am going through the thread now ...TiA

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #874
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Hey all, will be down for F&WF for a week starting on Oct 24th ... and this will also be my DD first drip to WDW - she'll be about 9mo at the time.

... anyway, my DW was interested in doing the Sweet Sundays and I was wondering if anyone had done that event in the past and if it was worth it (obviously a subjective question )

... and sorry if this has been discussed already, I am going through the thread now ...TiA
I like it, but it's on par with the cooking demos that used to be free, so I felt it wasn't worth the cost then. Of course now the demos cost $8, so that makes it a little bit more of a better value. Plus you get a nice little breakfast buffet.

I'd go again if it was a chef I was interested in, but otherwise I probably wouldn't go. I also don't think I'd take a 9 month old, just doesn't seem like a good idea for an event like this.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #875
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
I like it, but it's on par with the cooking demos that used to be free, so I felt it wasn't worth the cost then. Of course now the demos cost $8, so that makes it a little bit more of a better value. Plus you get a nice little breakfast buffet.

I'd go again if it was a chef I was interested in, but otherwise I probably wouldn't go. I also don't think I'd take a 9 month old, just doesn't seem like a good idea for an event like this.
Thanks for the info - from the description I couldn't tell if it would be worth the (not tiny) cost, and I am wondering if that $ could be better spent elsewhere

... thanks for the note about it maybe not being the best venue for a LO -> as this is our first trip to WDW with a child we are trying to balance the best things to do for everyone

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 08-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #876
nicolem05
Always planning the next trip...

Sorry if this had been discussed, I just going through the pages now On the wdwinfo site the Calendar says F&W continues until the 11th.. i see nowhere else this is mentioned and I assume it is wrong?? would be nice for me though since I arrive on the 8th! Thanks! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/nov09...sttimeout=1000
Old 08-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #877
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem05 View Post
Sorry if this had been discussed, I just going through the pages now On the wdwinfo site the Calendar says F&W continues until the 11th.. i see nowhere else this is mentioned and I assume it is wrong?? would be nice for me though since I arrive on the 8th! Thanks!
On the first post of this thread ... F&W continues through Nov 8th this year. If you get to Epcot early enough you might get in some booths! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post

The 2009 Epcot Food and Wine Festival dates are September 25 – November 8.

Here is a link to a Disney website for the 2009 Festival:
http://foodwinefest.com/cms/

July 22, 2009: ALL OFFICIAL WDW FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL EVENT INFO PLUS WORLD SHOWCASE KIOSK MENUS are now featured on the Walt Disney World website at this address:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...wine-festival/

LINK TO PDF OF THE FESTIVAL GUIDE. (Note: the World Showcase map is not included in this PDF)
http://wdw2.wdpromedia.com/media/wdw...tivalGuide.pdf
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #878
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The Food & Wine festival always ends on a Sunday. All official communications from Walt Disney World, including WDW's own website, have the ending date as November 8.

While I believe it's possible to bring an infant to an event like a Sweet Sunday, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not sure whether they'll charge you for the infant, as there is one price for attending the event and there are no children's prices. Other than the Party for the Senses I do not recall seeing infants at any of the paid events.

The Food & Wine Festival events and seminars for which there is a charge are not intended or geared for children. Teens who are interested in food and culinary information would probably enjoy them, but there will be no price reduction because they can't be served alcohol.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 08-06-2009 at 07:17 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #879
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

We were once at an Exquisite Evening at Epcot where a couple brought their baby. I'm quite certain they were not charged for the baby!

They were very polite about taking the baby out every time it cried. Unforunately, it cried most of the evening. Neither parent was able to eat or drink much of anything.

Moral of the story -- no babies or children at F&W Events!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #880
nicolem05
Always planning the next trip...

Thank you for the responses inquiry I did see that information on it ending in the 8th all along, but was confused when I printed off the calendar from wdwinfo and it had food and wine under the events category. Its the only event I have never attended! I was hoping.. lol Good to know its always the Sunday for planning ahead next year.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #881
disneyvacalover
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this question has previously been asked. I did a search on this thread and came up with nothing-so here it goes.
Does anyone have information about the beer passport or beer hop? How much does it cost, what does it include(size wise) and is there discounts available for ASP holders?
TIA!
1998-ASMU, 1999-ASSP, 2000-ASMO, 2001-ASMU, 2002-ASMU, 2003-WL, 4/2003-CB, 10/2003-POR/AKL 2/2005-POP/POR,10/2005-CBR, 2/2006-POP, 9/2006-POP, 2/2007-POR,9/2007-POR, 2/2008-OKW 12/2008-CSR, 2/2009-AKV 10/09 SSR 2/10 SSR 10/10 BLT 2/11 BWV 1/31 MAGIC, 10/12 CB, 2/13 OKW

DS DD DD DS
disneyvacalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #882
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyvacalover View Post
Sorry if this question has previously been asked. I did a search on this thread and came up with nothing-so here it goes.
Does anyone have information about the beer passport or beer hop? How much does it cost, what does it include(size wise) and is there discounts available for ASP holders?
TIA!
The beer passport and beer hop are new this year - they were not done at WDW in previous years. So no one will really be able to answer those questions until the festival starts.

Do you mean discounts for annual passholders? There have traditionally never been any discounts offered for annual passholders on food & wine events.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #883
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Beer Hop is all Inbev products (which means pass for me) given the way Disney operates. But it is nice that they are adding something new that is beer related to F&W.
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #884
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the Beer Hop is all Inbev products (which means pass for me) given the way Disney operates. But it is nice that they are adding something new that is beer related to F&W.
well, I see the description of it states: "sip amazing ales, lagers and craft beers from the best domestic and international brewers."

... guess InBev is big enough to have domestic and international and could call some of their stuff "craft" beers - but hopefully it is more than just InBev

Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #885
webray
Love the wineauxs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
well, I see the description of it states: "sip amazing ales, lagers and craft beers from the best domestic and international brewers."

... guess InBev is big enough to have domestic and international and could call some of their stuff "craft" beers - but hopefully it is more than just InBev

Well, for those of us who have received the booklet in the mail, the beer companies aren't anything that you can't find in your local grocery store.

Time will tell, but I am not holding my breath. Disney is so far behind the curve on all food/wine/beer events...they may realize how popular beer/food pairings really are in about 10 or 15 years.

I think they totally underestimate the types of wine most of us would really like to try as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: