Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #256
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISEXAD View Post
do you know if the country kiosks are in the same place each year
we have never been to f&w before but i have the map from last year and i would like to plan my attack. thanks
The kiosks for countries are sometimes in different places. I would say 85% of them are in the same place ...Canada will be by the Canadian Pavilion, usually those foods with 'Spanish' flavors are by Mexico, etc. The ones I remember changing location are Ireland, sometimes Australia, Poland and then they add new ones and take away some so those won't be on your 'attack' list. It will be fun no matter if you attack or graze.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #257
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

My oh my...if this source is reliable it sounds like they've made some interesting changes to the F&W Festival this year!

Is it just me or was the Party for the Senses held on FRIDAY during all previous festivals?

I think that the reserved seating at PFTS is long overdue but the additional $60 makes it a very steep night! Though the premium bar does have a certain draw to it....

Ah! LOL Now I'm considering WAY more F&W events that I had originally thought. We are already dining at the following:

Lunches
Liberty Tree Tavern
Kona Cafe
Gardenview Tea
Chefs de France
The Wave

Dinners
Chefs de France
Kona Cafe
Todd English's bluezoo
Flying Fish
Kouzzina (hopefully)
Victoria & Alberts
Jiko
California Grill
Tokyo Dining

Now I'm considering adding:

Tutto Italia Food & Wine Pairing
Tokyo Dining Food & Wine Pairing
French Regional Lunch
Celebrating Family & Friends (The Deen Family)
Sweet Sunday

Most likely we will do 2 food & wine pairing and that is all as V&A is our HUGE splurge of the trip. For only $50 more per person than PFTS we can experience one of the most unique and raved about meals on property. Um yea! I'm in for that! And no running of the bulls for seating

Sure..I could spend $195/person and get "Wine Room" PFTS tickets...but I'm not sure I'm ready for a third PFTS when I haven't yet experienced V&A!
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #258
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
My oh my...if this source is reliable it sounds like they've made some interesting changes to the F&W Festival this year!

Is it just me or was the Party for the Senses held on FRIDAY during all previous festivals?

I think that the reserved seating at PFTS is long overdue but the additional $60 makes it a very steep night! Though the premium bar does have a certain draw to it....

Ah! LOL Now I'm considering WAY more F&W events that I had originally thought. We are already dining at the following:

Lunches
Liberty Tree Tavern
Kona Cafe
Gardenview Tea
Chefs de France
The Wave

Dinners
Chefs de France
Kona Cafe
Todd English's bluezoo
Flying Fish
Kouzzina (hopefully)
Victoria & Alberts
Jiko
California Grill
Tokyo Dining

Now I'm considering adding:

Tutto Italia Food & Wine Pairing
Tokyo Dining Food & Wine Pairing
French Regional Lunch
Celebrating Family & Friends (The Deen Family)
Sweet Sunday

Most likely we will do 2 food & wine pairing and that is all as V&A is our HUGE splurge of the trip. For only $50 more per person than PFTS we can experience one of the most unique and raved about meals on property. Um yea! I'm in for that! And no running of the bulls for seating

Sure..I could spend $195/person and get "Wine Room" PFTS tickets...but I'm not sure I'm ready for a third PFTS when I haven't yet experienced V&A!
A person after our own heart!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #259
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Always been on Saturdays as far back as I can remember.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #260
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
PFTS was held on a Friday for one night only a couple of years ago when they needed the World Showplace for something else on Saturday - that's the only time I recall it's ever been held on a Friday. Otherwise it's all been Saturdays.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #261
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

VERY excited for the F&W! It'll be my first although I won't be able to do any of the high priced events. I would but my mother is with me and is PICKY and doesn't drink alcohol so it would be a waste to have to pay for her admission as well. I am looking forward to the wine walks, all the kiosks, the flavorhood, etc. I definitely have to rearrange my schedule a little bit now to see if I can fit more time in at Epcot!
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #262
oldmancurtis
Earning My Ears

first time at F & W?

are the quiosks open every day all day.
oldmancurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #263
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmancurtis View Post
are the quiosks open every day all day.
The kiosks are open as long as World Showcase is...7 days a week during the festival. World Showcase opens at 11am and closes at Illuminations. I've read conflicting reports about the kiosks staying open past that on Extra Magic Hour evenings. Some people claim the kiosks are open; other claim they are closed. But that's still a good 10 hours of noshing.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #264
BelleLovesTheBeast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
The kiosks are open as long as World Showcase is...7 days a week during the festival. World Showcase opens at 11am and closes at Illuminations. I've read conflicting reports about the kiosks staying open past that on Extra Magic Hour evenings. Some people claim the kiosks are open; other claim they are closed. But that's still a good 10 hours of noshing.
It would be nice if they'd stay open during EMH but last year we were there on 2 EMH nights and they weren't open. We were hoping they were since we had heard people say they've seen them open.
10/11 - Sorcerer Radio 10th Anniversary Meet Up | 8/11 - D23 EXPO | 5/11, 1/11, 9/10 - POP | 10/10, 9/10, 6/10, 4/10, 1/10, 12/09 - Marriott | 9/09 - SSR | 8/09 - DL | 10/08 - ASMu DxDDP | 9/07 - CBR | 1/07 - Marriott | 9/06, 9/03- Honeymoon, 10/99 - CSR | 8/96 - OKW | 7/94 - BC | 12/91 - MMDP off-property
BelleLovesTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #265
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
It would be nice if they'd stay open during EMH but last year we were there on 2 EMH nights and they weren't open. We were hoping they were since we had heard people say they've seen them open.
We had heard that too, but on our 10 day F&W trip last year they were never open during EMH's. Just our luck I suppose.
*KeepMovingForward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #266
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They were open during EMH prior to last year.

Last year they apparently started closing at regular Epcot closing time. According to the posts I remember seeing, all the booths stopped serving by 9:30.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #267
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

FYI - the October hours are out on the TA site: http://www.disneytravelagents.com/St...lendar_Oct.pdf

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #268
kirkson
Ohana is not an Irish Pub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
FYI - the October hours are out on the TA site: http://www.disneytravelagents.com/St...lendar_Oct.pdf
THANKS!!! My 90 days is on Friday, perfect timing
kirkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #269
Nutty4Disney
DIS Veteran

Just found this thread. Keep the info flowing. This will be our first F&W Festival and we are looking forward to it. We miss the Deens by one day. But I am sure we will find plenty of other things to see, do and eat. We are there during free dining. Is it true that most of the kiosks take snack credits? We plan on saving our credits for our visits to Epcot and sharing goodies. I am the foodie and DH just eats what I put in front on him (as long as it isn't fish).
Land/Sea 2000 & 2004; All Star Movies 2006; Coronado Springs/Port Orleans 2007; EB PC Cruise 2008; POP Century 2009; AKV 2010/2011, VWL 2011;BLT, BWV & Fantasy 2012; AKV 2013; Wonder to Alaska 2014; BLT & Dream Member Cruise 2015
Nutty4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #270
Shenanigoat
I shall call him squishy. And he shall be mine. And he shall be my squishy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty4Disney View Post
Just found this thread. Keep the info flowing. This will be our first F&W Festival and we are looking forward to it. We miss the Deens by one day. But I am sure we will find plenty of other things to see, do and eat. We are there during free dining. Is it true that most of the kiosks take snack credits? We plan on saving our credits for our visits to Epcot and sharing goodies. I am the foodie and DH just eats what I put in front on him (as long as it isn't fish).
I haven't been to a F&WF in EPCOT, but from what I've seen on these boards in years past snack credits were able to be used at the kiosks. You could use them last year and the DDP snack symbol was on the menu boards for the choices that fell under the plan. It has not been confirmed yet whether or not it will be the same this year. I've also heard that there are issues sometimes with the kiosks reading DDP cards, gift cards, room charges, and other such things so cash is a good backup to have.

I plan on saving my snack credits and hope they will be able to be used this year as well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: