Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #2191
Bordeaux Babe
Earning My Ears

Pfts

Thank you for the info PatriciaH.
I was at the 1st PFTS last year when there was no info listed about food or wines being served in the program. Had to take pictures of everything so I knew what was there. As the weeks went on, I know that was corrected. Glad to hear everything is listed this year. Looking forward to a great night.
Bordeaux Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #2192
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

We've only been back a week and I'm ready to book next year's F&W Festival trip. I always go down for Columbus Day Weekend since we have the Monday off from school. Next year I think we'll do 5 days instead of 4. This was DH's first time, and he LOVED walking around Epcot and sampling from the booths. One of his new favorite beers is Purple Haze. We had so much fun this year!

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM   #2193
Inkmahm
Disney nut

We're here!!!

Finally, it's my turn for the F&W festival! It is supposed to be really hot and humid again today. We'll spend the morning doing the rides at Epcot and then the afternoon eating our way around the showcase. I'm really looking forward to trying all the wonderful food I've been reading about here for weeks.

We ate at Cat Cora's new restaurant when we got here last night and really liked it.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #2194
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Finally, it's my turn for the F&W festival! It is supposed to be really hot and humid again today. We'll spend the morning doing the rides at Epcot and then the afternoon eating our way around the showcase. I'm really looking forward to trying all the wonderful food I've been reading about here for weeks.

We ate at Cat Cora's new restaurant when we got here last night and really liked it.
Congrats! We're heading down tomorrow and doing EPCOT Sunday.

We have Kousinna booked as well so glad you liked it

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #2195
collinsma
Earning My Ears

Can't wait
collinsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #2196
Bunnylee
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone. I am thinking of doing the PFTS tomorrow nite---just wondering what everyone thinks they will do with the Asian theme. And if anyone has been to others this year, is everything related to the theme as far as wine/foods??
Bunnylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #2197
JLVermillion
Food & Wine Festival 2009

Quote:

We are right behind you , leaving at 7 in the am. F&W here wecomeH ave a wonderful time! Jenn Vermillion
Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #2198
Hon52
Earning My Ears

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLVermillion View Post
We are right behind you , leaving at 7 in the am. F&W here wecomeH ave a wonderful time! Jenn Vermillion
We will head out tomorrow for 9 days at the Grand Floridian. My BFF and I will do PFTS, FRL, Signature Dinner at CG and Cat Cora's Family and Friends. Our Grand Finale is Victoria and Albert's on Halloween night. We are beyond excited!!!! I live in Orlando but never get enough of Disney!!!!!
Hon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:55 AM   #2199
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Really had a great time eating our way around Epcot yesterday. It was HOT and a little crowded, but the lines weren't too bad. Our favorite item of all was the chocolate lava cake from Ireland. We had that as a repeat item before we left the park. DH also loved his snails at France and I loved the cheese soup at Canada. Fisherman's pie in Ireland lived up to it's reputation, too. The lobster roll was okay this year, but a little short on filling for the price charged.

We saw Art Smith giving a demonstration late morning but we were just walking through the center, we were't there for the show. Last night we saw him walking through the Beach Club so my husband stopped him to tell him how much we enjoyed him on Top chef Masters. He was very nice! I'm hoping he is at PFTS tonight.

Last edited by Inkmahm; 10-24-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #2200
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

My plans have not turned out the way I wanted them to. It's hard when you live here, trying to get your friends all together to go, due to prior engangements or working sceduled. A few weekends ago I went for a few hours on a Saturday. It was crowded so I skipped a lot of the large lines. I also didnt want to get some of the main items I wanted to share with my husband when we go. Unfortunately he won't be able to go today because he had a night shoot last night. SO it's me and a bunch of friends. Him and I will have to hit up next weekend or maybe a friday night before he leaves for Germany for 2 weeks for work.

So anyway I had some let downs and not so bad things. My idea for the first round was to try some of the things no one has mentioned, some of those things I realize now why they haven't been mentioned.

Rio de Janeiro
Shrimp Stew with Coconut and Lime - $4.25
while the shrimp were cooked perfectly the rest of the dish fell flat, I didn't even taste the coconut flavor at all. The portion size was decent however.

Shanghai, China
Carmel Ginger Ice Cream -$3.25
This was very good. I would suggest this over the flavorhood icecreams. It's also a good size and can be shared between two people.
My concern is that the packaging said Lotus Blossom Cafe on it. Lotus Blossom Cafe offers a ginger ice cream for $2.99 (I'm not sure if that is before or after tax). I'm not sure if its the same portion size or same exact flavor but I bet it is, can anyone confirm this?

Bangkok, Thailand
Chicken and Coconut Soup - $3.25
I loved the flavors of this. I've had something similar at my favorite thai restaurant in Orlando (Red Bamboo). The only problem I had with this soup was the size. Had it been priced at $2.75 I wouldn't have complained one bit.

Brewer's Collection
Landjaeger(German Sausage) - $2.75
This was a let down to me probably because they should have described it better. It's a cold hard sausage which is meant to be eaten "slim jim" style. It's about the size of a small hotdog. It tasted good, I just think I was expecting something else. It's like thinking your about to drink a glass of tea and instead drink Dr. Pepper instead.

Athens. Greece
Chicken Souvaki with Tzatziki - $4.00
I quite liked this the portion size is good but make sure you grab napkins there is a lot of tzatziki on it and it can be quite messy.

Heading back for round 2 today. I'm getting picked up so I don't have to drive Horray! I'm going to hit some of the stuff I really want to hit this time. Especially that fishermans stew and lava cake.
Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #2201
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Lotus Blossom Cafe offers a ginger ice cream for $2.99 (I'm not sure if that is before or after tax). I'm not sure if its the same portion size or same exact flavor but I bet it is, can anyone confirm this?
It is indeed the same ice cream. That is why I do not order it from the booth.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #2202
Inkmahm
Disney nut

PFTS 10/24 Asian theme

It was another hot day yesterday so I appreciated being able to get in to sit and enjoy the special cocktail for the Wine View Lounge before the party opened. I loved the cocktail and had another late in the evening with desserts.

The food was pretty good although I'm not a fan of duck or lamb so I can't comment on those dishes. Alan Wong served curried pork moo shu and Robert Irving served Miso and honey glazed sea bass with chinese long bean salad. Both were very good. There was only one shrimp dish but I think that was my favorite of the evening.

Art Smith wasn't a chef at the event but he was a guest. We ran into him several times.

The gift pack that was given to the Wine View Lounge people was nice. My only question is about the autographed picture of some blonde woman. I couldn't read the signature and I have no clue who she is. Anyone else get one and recognize her?

Old 10-25-2009, 07:25 AM   #2203
JLVermillion
Food & Wine Festival 2009

Here At Last

We are here... Now it is time for the Vermillions to to have some funThank you so much again for all the help and the really coolbuttons.Trip report to start soon.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #2204
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
It was another hot day yesterday so I appreciated being able to get in to sit and enjoy the special cocktail for the Wine View Lounge before the party opened. I loved the cocktail and had another late in the evening with desserts.

The food was pretty good although I'm not a fan of duck or lamb so I can't comment on those dishes. Alan Wong served curried pork moo shu and Robert Irving served Miso and honey glazed sea bass with chinese long bean salad. Both were very good. There was only one shrimp dish but I think that was my favorite of the evening.
I went last night and of the 3 PFTS I've attended so far (Spain & Classical being the other two) it was my favorite. I thought it was very true-to-theme, but had such a wonderful variety of flavors, many of them being quite assertive.

Crowds were really non-existent and I wonder if people shied away from the theme.

My only "complaint" is that the Twinings iced tea station had swapped in green tea with mint for the Lady Grey. I thought they should have kept the Lady Grey and swapped out the berry blend.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #2205
Skoolie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It is indeed the same ice cream. That is why I do not order it from the booth.
So Yesterday I went to china and I noticed that the price of $2.99 for the icecream is without tax. At the Food and Wine Fest booths they factor in the tax and round up. So the icecream is really like about $3.17-$3.19 at the booth it's $3.25 so to me its really becoming about which line is shorter.
Skoolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: