Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #1636
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
I think that's a great idea. I'd definitely be interested.
Me too.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #1637
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

So here it is on the review board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292406

This time tomorrow I'll be headed for the Tequila Ditch so I won't get to see how it turns out for awhile.
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #1638
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

I won't let it ruin my F&W experience but I'm stunned, shocked and totally disappointed that Chilaquiles are not on the menu. We always rush to Mexico to eat them on our first day. Bummer.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #1639
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I may stay there too. LOVE Maker's Mark!!
I could use one now to start off this day of excitement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
I wanted to Squeee until I saw that Chilaquiles are no longer on the menu.
Lori! I almost called you - what will we do? My Breakfast is gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
kabuki your research skills are amazing ... not to mention your obsession with F&WF, which I think is an excellent trait! Thanks for posting these menus. I am sooo fighting the urge to print them all out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oybolshoi View Post
She is amazing, isn't she? I don't know how she finds half the things she does but I'm sure glad she shares!

And I had to fight the same urge, Redzinner. I wanted to print everything out, highlight the things I thought we'd be interested in trying, and then total up the cost.
Thank you both! Jason wanted me to print them also and then I reminded him of the 6 photo albums we have from last year that include multiple pictures of these same menus! He let me save the tree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
OK, I gave into the urge! Bad, I know. I saved them and printed two per page. Obsessive, yes!

And kabuki, thank you for all your research. You made the waiting a little easier with all the info.
Your welcome! I am just happy to have people that are as excited as we are to share it with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Whaaaat...NO CHILAQUILES???

Are the ones at the CS the same thing? i bet they're not. I might have to order some to check them out.

I wasn't really interested in the prices - only enough to want to know what the lobster roll costs this year (not that I'd ever order one because of the mayonnaise which I don't eat), but I thought $7 was exorbitant and now it's $7.25. I also think it's interesting that half a dixie cup of cheddar cheese soup costs almost as much as a much larger cup of it in the restaurant, but since nobody can get into the restaurant (just ask Hitler) I think it'll sell if they charge twice as much.

Are you all interested in a dedicated thread (not a sticky) for food & wine festival general reviews on the review board? It would be a good place for observations since this thread is kind of long. I'd need to put one up today at my lunch break.

They are not the same chilaquiles as the booth. The ones being served at the quick service stand have red sauce and seem more traditional to what I have always had in Mexico and with friends. The ones at the booth were more like lasagna but so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
With the menus posted (thanks for posting the link ), I can say that the Brewer's Collection kiosk is nothing to write home about. But it does look like it at least strays away from the InBev selections. It is nice to see Affligem Blonde listed, so I'm happy with that. I think Affligem and Hacker Pschorr are now distributed by Hieneken, but they're still pretty decent beers.

I think between the Abita, Sam Adams Selections, and the Affligem, they're doing much better with the beer choices than previous years ...
We agree that the selection was nothing to write home about but with a last name of Murphy - Jason is happy he dosen't have to go to Raglan Road each day to get a fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrBchJ View Post
I won't let it ruin my F&W experience but I'm stunned, shocked and totally disappointed that Chilaquiles are not on the menu. We always rush to Mexico to eat them on our first day. Bummer.
Yes! You said what we were thinking - we had a moment of silence for the chilaquiles and then we are happy just to see so many new things this year!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #1640
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
With the menus posted (thanks for posting the link ), I can say that the Brewer's Collection kiosk is nothing to write home about. But it does look like it at least strays away from the InBev selections. It is nice to see Affligem Blonde listed, so I'm happy with that. I think Affligem and Hacker Pschorr are now distributed by Hieneken, but they're still pretty decent beers.

I think between the Abita, Sam Adams Selections, and the Affligem, they're doing much better with the beer choices than previous years ...
Affligem Blonde and Hacker Pschorr are the only two on the list I don't know, I think Afflingem Blonde is pretty self explanitory can you tell me about Hacker Pschorr?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #1641
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VrBchJ View Post
Us too ! and hearing that the ones at the CS place are not the same is very disappointing, it was the green sauce that we liked ! I was sure it had been so popular during F&W that they had added it to the menu, well I guess they did, just couldn't resist messing with it.

and I should say "Opps, should have read to the end before I started making comments"
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #1642
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmemberb4 View Post
Affligem Blonde and Hacker Pschorr are the only two on the list I don't know, I think Afflingem Blonde is pretty self explanitory can you tell me about Hacker Pschorr?
Hacker Pschorr is one on of the 'Big Three' Munich/Barvaria, Germany brewers. The other two are Hofbrau and Spaten, so if you've ever had anything from the other two, Hacker Pschorr is very similar. The question is what Hacker Pschorr beer will it be?

My guess is that it's either HP Weiss, which is a nice lighter wheat beer similar to Franzikaner, or it will be HP Gold, which is a good Munich style gold lager, similar to Hofbrau original of Spaten's Munchen gold. They're both good examples of old school Barvaria brewing.

The Affligem is a belgian blonde, and it does pack a bit of a punch, as I think it's around 7-9% alc.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #1643
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

I just read that there is a soft opening going on at F&W right now. Apparently all the booths are open and there are no lines! I hope those of you there are enjoying it!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #1644
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I just read that there is a soft opening going on at F&W right now. Apparently all the booths are open and there are no lines! I hope those of you there are enjoying it!
I wish I was there right now. I was there for soft opening last year though, and it was wonderful. So many yummy things, and no waiting. I don't think a lot of people know it's open the day before, and wait for the official opening.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #1645
ReggieB
DIS Cast Member
I don't kiss cats anymore. I do like cats really, I just shouldn't kiss them

Can someone point me in the right direction for the Brewer's Collection drink list? TIA

I want to do my final set of tasting cards (and send the new one out to some of you!!) Again, anyone wanting a set of cards, PM me with your email, and I'll send you a PDF copy of them for you to print out.

So excited to hear it's all up and running, even in just preview form.

2013: Disney Magic, Yacht Club Resort- WDW
2012: Grand Californian Resort, DL - Boardwalk Inn, WDW - Polynesian Resort, WDW - Disney Fantasy
2011: Boardwalk Inn
2010: Disney Magic - Beach Club Resort - MiraCosta (Tokyo Disney Resort)
2009: Yacht Club Resort - Grand Californian Resort, DL
2008: Yacht Club Resort - Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea
2007: Disney Magic - Grand Floridian
2006: Grand Floridian - Disney Magic
2005: Beach Club Resort, Disney Wonder & Contemporary Resort - Wilderness Lodge
2004: Grand Floridian
2003: Animal Kingdom Lodge
1999: Coronado Springs
1995: Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris)
ReggieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #1646
blissventure
Thinks oeufs ā la neige is the best dessert that was ever invented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction for the Brewer's Collection drink list? TIA

I want to do my final set of tasting cards (and send the new one out to some of you!!) Again, anyone wanting a set of cards, PM me with your email, and I'll send you a PDF copy of them for you to print out.

So excited to hear it's all up and running, even in just preview form.
Here ya go: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertai...estival-menu-3

If the link doesn't bring you to the page, just go to image 27. It's the last page of all the kiosk menus. Thanks kabuki for the great menu link!!

blissventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #1647
Aryn
DIS Veteran

I was so upset to se Chiliquiles were not on the menu. I feel slightly better knowing they are somewhere in Mexico, I just have to find them.
ReggieB I cant wait for the new improved cards!
There are quite a few drinks that I want to try, I'm glad that I have 2 days in Epcot. Plus I have to try the "ditch" (thanks Nala)

I can't wait for the first people to come back and give us the scoop.
I will be there in 6 days
Aryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #1648
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Whaaaat...NO CHILAQUILES???

Are the ones at the CS the same thing? i bet they're not. I might have to order some to check them out.
I saw a picture of the Cantina de San Angel menu board, and it said it was red sauce, not the green tomatillo sauce we know and enjoy. Who knows? It still may be palatable.

Quote:
I also think it's interesting that half a dixie cup of cheddar cheese soup costs almost as much as a much larger cup of it in the restaurant, but since nobody can get into the restaurant (just ask Hitler) I think it'll sell if they charge twice as much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oybolshoi View Post
We never buy the cheddar cheese soup now that the portion is right up there in size with the eyedropper of Utopias.
Quote:
I don't buy the soup anymore myself after getting an eyedropperful one year (I have a photo of it somewhere) but my mom always buys me some.
I'm not shy about telling them that I paid for a full cup of cheddar cheese soup. But I've decided to retire the cheddar cheese soup last year, and I'm going to continue the retirement this year. I'm going to try that spicy chicken sausage with sweet corn polenta!

Did anyone else notice that the Puerto Rico menu has no DDP logos on it? I think they need to send it back to the sign makers. I bet people who want to use snack credits there will be confused, unless the overhead menu board has the logos on it.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #1649
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki View Post
Lori! I almost called you - what will we do? My Breakfast is gone!
What do you mean, no breakfast?? I thought you'd do champagne and strawberry shortcake for breakfast.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #1650
pixiesnake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did anyone else notice that the Puerto Rico menu has no DDP logos on it? I think they need to send it back to the sign makers. I bet people who want to use snack credits there will be confused, unless the overhead menu board has the logos on it.
I had just noticed that. Also the Sukiyaki Beef Roll in Japan had no DDP logo next to it. I'm sure they must be on the DDP - they're cheaper than the Lobster Roll and it is on it.

Only 9 more sleeps for me till I'm there! Thanks to everyone for all the info to help me plan and anticipate.
Beach Club Villas - Nov 2010
Boardwalk Villas - Nov 2011
Contemporary - April 1993 (DH Proposed), April 1994
Coronado Springs - April 2008
Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2009
Port Orleans Riverside - July 2004, Oct 2007, Jan 2009
Pop - Jan 2005, April 2005, Jan 2006, Sept 2006, Dec 2006, Feb 2007, May 2007, Jan 2008, August 2008, Oct 2008, Aug 2009, Oct 2009, Jan 2010, Jan 2011, Jan 2012
pixiesnake is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: