Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #1456
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Hi girls!
Can I get Cliff notes for that last week?
What happened to Mel?

I have been very busy with school ending, 2 more finals left & 1 essay.
I will be free for 3 months!!

Frankenstein has to be THE WORST book I have had to read.

I finally found it to rent today!! I am so excited!
Hopefully the movie is pretty good.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #1457
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Steph, so glad your doggie sounds like he is on the mend! That is great news!

Cheryl I am also glad your kitty is sounding better. Again I know how hard it is to have an ailing beloved pet. I hope he continues to do well!!

Beth by now I hope you are home and that all went well at the docs!! Here is hoping for some good vibes and that everything turns out ok!!!

I just got home from work and am going to have to pop out again here soon to get the girls. Only ONE more day left till NO MORE SCHOOL! Woo HOO! I wish I could say that I could relax next week but I have to work on Monday and then I have SUPER early doc apts on Monday and Tues and I have to take the girls to my parents so dad can watch them. BLEH! Then mom and dad leave for Mexico which always stresses me out cuz I have to "hold down the fort" both at their place and at the office. YUCK! NOT looking forward to that. But at least I don't have to take the girls to school! And I made those two doc apts cuz I can't go while mom and dad are gone so after these first two I don't have any more till after they get back. So that is one good thing.

Oh and I forgot to say that we have a kitty who has adopted us. It just showed up at our house a few days ago and we shooshed it away but now it showed up at our basement door and started meowing as if it wanted in. At first I thought it was our cat piper but then I went and opened the door and it was this cat and it actually tried to come in. It was obviously a cat someone had abandoned and I feel bad for it cuz it seems to be a nice cat but I am worried about it possibly giving piper diseases or fighting with her. Of course the girls and shane want to adopt it but I am not as anxious to take on another pet! Although it appears it is NOT going to go away. It is just SITTING there not moving! GREAT! LOL.

So like it or not it seems we may have a new pet!

Anyway they say it is supposed to storm again today so not sure about practice tonight but I guess we will have to wait and see. Other than that that's bout it for me.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #1458
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
To all of the ladies who are meeting up on July 16th for my birthday drinks, should I make PS reservations for wherever you think it would be best to go?
Tentativley, I am planning to join you all so add me as a yes and as it gets closer to the date and I figure out my vacation days budget I'll confirm. I have 15.5 days left so I think I'll be okay but I need a day or two for my mom, a day for the D23 Expo and then a couple of days around the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
DAWN - your note was so touching about Melody - let her know we are all thinking of her and her family. She is such a sweetheart, it's so sad all this is happening to her at once.

Glad you have the date set. It will be good to have that behind you all.

My back is healing so slowly...
I second this and even though I have not had a chance to meet Melody I know from you all that she is a very special person!

Thanks! I will be so relieved when it is over and we know what we are dealing with!

Ugh! Hugs to you and your back I am sure it is so frustrating for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
So anyone here want two kids????
Nope sorry! I have my hands full with the two that I have inherited and they are teenagers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
Breezy - Sounds like you had SOOOO much fun! In my younger days, I would have totally gone topless too. But now, after two kids, I would just scare everyone. My girls tend to look down at the floor these days.
I'm not that well endowed but I could use a little 'pull up'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Hello everyone.

I haven't been around in awhile & hope I didn't miss anything important. My life is not going so great and I've been in a slump, but I'm staying positive.

Bridgette- I'd love to join your b-day get-together. I really need some girl only time (anyone want to meet sooner ).
I'll be at DL Sat. June 20 - Mon. June 22 if you'd like to meet up! DBF will be off to Boy Scout camp and I am going to the Backstage tour on Sat. morning and then I have a convention at the Anaheim Convention Center on Tues and Wed. June 23 and 24 so I decided I'll just stay at DL for the weekend and work from the hotel on Mon. Anything for an excuse to go to DL!

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #1459
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

I hope everyone has a great day!

Biggest of hugs to Melody and her family.

wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #1460
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Ya'll are the Best Group of GirLs.

Boo.. i would so be there for your birthday { and who knows still might find away}.. it's just so close to our trip taking our three grandchildren to the beach for a week.

did i miss something? What happened to Donna's back? ohmy!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #1461
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Katie - I hope things get better for you soon. Sounds like you need a big hug!

Deb - We're supe busy too, with end of the year school madness, little league games, my school, and hubby's work (it's his busy time of year, and it's been crazy busy the last few week). Hang in there.

About Melody, her son and daughter-in-law lost their baby. I feel just so sad for all of them. I hope they're all okay.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #1462
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
Ya'll are the Best Group of GirLs.

Boo.. i would so be there for your birthday { and who knows still might find away}.. it's just so close to our trip taking our three grandchildren to the beach for a week.

did i miss something? What happened to Donna's back? ohmy!
I think I missed what happened to Donna's back too . . . . .

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #1463
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Hi everyone!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #1464
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Good afternoon Ladies!
We are back from our trip to Disneyland! Had a great time! We upgraded our hoppers to AP's so I am good to go next February. Of course, I will be back at least once before then!
The crowds were heavy on Saturday and Sunday but Monday and Tuesday were much more manageable. And the weather was great!
I am sorry that I don't have time to go too far back and read. Only read the last few pages.
Beth - hope your tests went well. And Melody's family are in my thoughts and prayers, that must be so hard.

Got to get something together for dinner now. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate to cook?

Becci
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #1465
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Hi everyone!

First off, I want to send my condolences and prayers to Melody and her family. My mom had two losses when I was younger, it is such a tragedy and hard thing to bear. I just give you this verse
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit

It's my last day of school! Because of a stupid mistake I missed one of my online finals. I contacted the professor and he said I could take the final exam in the TLC lab. I went and took the essay portion but the online portion wasn't available anywhere on blackboard. I've emailed him and called him about it but he hasn't responded! I really don't want a D in that class. As of right now I have a B. But since our final is 20% of our grade, if I don't take it I could easily get the D.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #1466
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Bummer Cristabel. Hopefully he will be able to see the glitch in Blackboard and you will be able to take it. I wouldn't want a D either if I spent all semester working for on a B.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #1467
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the well wishes. I'll know my results in about two weeks.

In the meantime, I think I missed a lot today.

Becci, welcome back!

Cristabel, I'm sorry about the missed final.

Katie, I miss seeing you! I wish I could take you away for some girly time. Hang in there.

Capri, soon my "girls" will be tucked into my waist at the rate they are going.

Steph, I hope your pup continues to improve.

Vicki, still thinking of you and your mom.

Geez, I know I missed several of you. That's what I get for trying to do this from memory.

Anyway, hope you all have a good night. The kids are officially out of school! So it's going to get hectic around here now....

Talk to you later.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #1468
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Firstly, I can't find the post about what happened with Melody, but regardless, I'm keeping your family in my thoughts

Secondly, I just got home from Wicked and OMG it was AMAZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I thought we were meeting at Cove Bar?

But I don't care--it's Bridgette's choice.
If that's where you suggest than thats where we'll go. I have no idea what's even around. Should I make PS for Cove Bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Definitely make an dining reservation wherever you pick -- your choice and we'll be there.
Yay so you're coming?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKate View Post
Bridgette- I'd love to join your b-day get-together. I really need some girl only time (anyone want to meet sooner ).
Please, do come! I need girl time too, but unfortunately I have to wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMickey View Post
Tentativley, I am planning to join you all so add me as a yes and as it gets closer to the date and I figure out my vacation days budget I'll confirm. I have 15.5 days left so I think I'll be okay but I need a day or two for my mom, a day for the D23 Expo and then a couple of days around the holidays.
Will do. If you can't make it that's perfectly fine, I won't hold it against you

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
It's alright, the beach sounds fantastic! Again, if you can't make it I won't hold it against you... it's the thought that counts!

This is so wonderful that you want to join me on my solo b-day trip! Cheryl asked if I wanted company for drinks and possible appetizers on the July forum ages ago and I just think you're all the coolest for wanting welcoming one of your newest Divas! None of my friends here have ever pulled for me like that...

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #1469
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
Secondly, I just got home from Wicked and OMG it was AMAZING!
Oh, I really want to see Wicked!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #1470
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Well Divas, I think this is it for me for the better part of nine days. We are hitting the hay early since we have to get up at 3 am for our 6 am flight. I might have internet in Vancouver, but on the cruise ship I hear it is outrageously priced - so probably not. I hope my Breezy girl pops in to say hi in my absence. (but manages to keep her top on)

Pixie dust and hugs to all, I will miss you, but really looking forward to the cruise.

Bon Voyage!

DH~You will forever be in my heart

Last edited by lulubelle; 06-04-2009 at 10:59 PM.
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: