Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #1426
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
just checking in

It's 4:30 and I'm STILL in my pajamas BUT I did clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher and clean the den.

I'm off to shower and start studying for my finals. I feel like I'm getting sick (Diana, my sister, is sick) and I'm in no mood to go to the gym today. I am keeping track of what I'm eating though so it's ok.

I was in my pajamas until 4:30 too! I needed to go to the post office to mail my final ebay packages before my cranial sacral therapy appointment, which changed my life BTW. I hope you don't get sick that would be horrible! Have fun studying for finals

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #1427
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
LA Divas - can anyone recommend a decent hotel by the LA Convention Center?? Frank is coming down next month and I need to find a hotel that's close to it and not a dump!! I've never been, so I have NO idea!

Thanks!!!
The Westin Bonaventure isn't too far from the convention center. I think there's a new hotel going in at LA Live complex but not sure if it's open yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I was in my pajamas until 4:30 too! I needed to go to the post office to mail my final ebay packages before my cranial sacral therapy appointment, which changed my life BTW. I hope you don't get sick that would be horrible! Have fun studying for finals
I want to hear what cranial sacral therapy is!

Kelly--I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Your present was awesome!

I had a really long day--wasn't well this morning and so got started late--then got stuck at a client's office longer than I expected. So never did get to MY office today! Which meant Bella was at home in the kitchen area from 11-5:30--poor baby! (Yes, she survived)

And since Sunday, Chase is eating EVERYTHING. He's like insatiable. It's amazing. He even jumped up on the back of the couch tonight--something he hasn't done in a couple of weeks.

Amy: what's the deal on bones? I know that they aren't supposed to have bones that can splinter--but what about beef bones? Are those allowed? (And do lamb bones splinter?)

Ok--so hope everyone's having a great June so far--can't wait for our Vegas trip!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #1428
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Poor Bella all alone. But I am so happy to hear Chase is doing well. Great news.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #1429
toocherie

Oh, and Bella wants to try out for the Bad Girls Club.

She already has her club nickname:

Poop Dog.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #1430
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Oh, and Bella wants to try out for the Bad Girls Club.

She already has her club nickname:

Poop Dog.
Well Bella and my dog Izzie can both be Bad Girl Club mascots. She's naughty, but she's also a princess. From the sounds of it, so is Bella.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #1431
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post

Beth, I'll need to ask you where the good places to go are next time I go out!
Hey Brianne! Sounds like you had a blast! Good for you on joining in the fun at Bare. After all, when in Rome......

Sorry it ended on a sour note with the canceled flight and stomach troubles, but over all I'm glad you had fun. I don't really know of any hot spots as far as clubs go. I'm too old for that scene.
But if you are interested in shows, that I can help with. I've seen many of them, and the next time you go, let me know and I'll see what locals deals or specials I can find for you.

Quote:
Bree I can't wait for Vegas! I'm not going with the Divas, but I'm going on June 30th - July 2nd with my brother on the way to California (I'm moving there from Indiana). What was the show called where the ship catches on fire?
That's the Sirens of TI. It's a free show nightly at Treasure Island. It gets crowded and it's standing only, so get there early if you want a good spot.

That show, the Mirage volcano, and the Bellagio fountains and conservatory are all freebies that everyone should see while in town. And the Freemont Street Experience, but I know you'll see that since you are staying downtown.

Just popping in to say good night ladies!! Long day planned tomorrow. Last day of school for the kids, and I have a doctors appt in the morning. Wish me luck. I fear I will need it.

Talk to y'all sometime tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #1432
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post
Hi ladies!
I hope everyone is having a marvelous week so far! I am sorry it has taken me so long to come back to the disboards; I was celebrating my best friendís (Cat) graduation from CSU Long Beach in Vegas! My mom was telling me a group of you were going and that thanks to beth you got really good deals on some shows! Lucky! I didnít get a chance to see any shows other than the pirate one where the ship catches on fire but I am going back in october so hopefully I can see one then! Here was a recap of my trip:

Monday:
We wake up around 10ish and head down to the Bare Lounge at the Mirage. Little did we know, the lounge lives up to its name! We get there and we start looking around and the women all have their tops off! Well, Cat and I both look at each other and decide why not!? We didn't get sunburned at least thanks to sunscreen but that was an odd experience! So then we went back to the room and took naps. We went to Margaritaville for dinner and I got a giraffe balloon! (I was super sad though because I made it all the way to LAX and the head came apart so it looks like a limp noodle with squares on it now. ) On the way back to our hotel room to change, we got free shots at Rock Show (they have a tire swing on their bars for the bartenders to swing on..it was insane! ) We went to the Ghost Bar in the Palms first and ran into Josh (he was with clients from Macys) so he said good bye to them and met up with us (apparently the rep from Macys was hitting on him but she was married so he ditched her and came to see me ) and we took some pictures of the gorgeous views! (this was my favorite for the view) and had a drink and went to the Playboy Club next door. We only stayed there maybe 30 seconds before we were back in the elevator (it was mostly for gambling and we arenít big gamblersÖwe like to DANCE! ) and headed to Club XS at the Encore hotel. Once we were at Club XS, OMG! It was amazing!! Anyone who is into clubs or just relaxing should definitely look into it! The dance floor opens up to this beautiful pool with lounges inside the shallow parts of the pool. We chilled on the lounges in the pool and danced the night away!

Hope you girls have a ball when you go to Vegas! Mom has told me some of the exciting events you have lined up and Iím jealous!

Beth, I'll need to ask you where the good places to go are next time I go out!
Breezy girl...funny how you forgot to mention to me that you and Cat Bared all at the Bare Bar. Of course, you always have been an exhibitionist. And I've always admired you for being so comfortable with your own naked self. Glad you had a good time. I hope the Vegas girls have a great time in two weeks. I am hoping you and I can join trip #2.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #1433
toocherie

Bree: what we really want to know is whether the jewelry guy got your phone number????????

Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 PM   #1434
Stacerita

Dang Breezy. You go girl! I wish I was young and perky again so I could hang out at Bare.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #1435
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
The Westin Bonaventure isn't too far from the convention center. I think there's a new hotel going in at LA Live complex but not sure if it's open yet.

I want to hear what cranial sacral therapy is!

Amy: what's the deal on bones? I know that they aren't supposed to have bones that can splinter--but what about beef bones? Are those allowed? (And do lamb bones splinter?)
!

Boo, awesome. Cheryl, Cranial sacral is a technique often done by very aware chiros where you lie on your back and they place their fingers on the lower part of the back of your skull. It's very gentle. They get in touch with your pulse there and often match each side up. Done by a talented healer, it's amazing.

My chiro has done it for Mel Gibson... <hehehe>

On the bones - we had heard so many horror stories, we never gave bones to our dog. We got him cow ears (easier to digest than pig ears). But let's see what the good animal doctor says.

Yes, the wonderful new hotels at LA Live are not open until 2010. It seems the Holiday Inn is the closest hotel within walking distance, right across from the convention center. I know when I'm at a conference, I want to be at the closest hotel, not necessarily the fanciest one.

http://www.hotels-rates.com/hotels_r...LogId=22207313

KELLY - your hubby is the best! Gorgeous, lovely jewelry and great photo of you wearing it. I'm so glad you're coming in Oct!

Bree - oh, that is the way to do Vegas! Drinking, dancing, flirting with pearl salesmen, getting half nekkid, sleeping on the airport floor, getting sick on the plane - you really did it all and you've got great stories to tell now! I truly enjoyed your post and living vicariously through you.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."

Last edited by CaliforniaDreamer; 06-03-2009 at 11:18 PM.
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #1436
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Ahhh to be young again! Great mini trip report Bree!

I wanted to let Everyone know that Melody's son and daughter in law lost their baby. So Please keep this family in your prayers as they go through this time of loss.
Melody shared with me a really grateful heart story about her recent trip to Disneyland, where she, her mother and her sister who is so ill with cancer all got their picture taken with the princesses. She spoke so lovingly of how she was grateful for that picture for who knew how long she would have either of them. It really put forth the message, love those in your life and don't put off making special memories today for tomorrow is not a given. So Please keep our sweet friend in your thoughts and prayers.

May today be good for you and those you love!

Last edited by fairykin; 06-04-2009 at 07:30 AM.
fairykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #1437
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

First off many many prayers to my good friend Melody. I am so deeply sadden by this news of their loss but happy that she was able to have such a wonderful trip with her dear sister. Dawn you are SO right that spending that time is such a blessing. I am glad she was able to do that!!

Bree it sounded like you had an AMAZING time in Vegas. I am SO over that time in my life but I am glad you had fun. I remember those days but so glad I am over them. I don't think I could that anymore LOL. I am too old for those days anymore but glad I can live vicariously as Donna put it. Good for you!!

I had a good day yesterday. I did have to run in to work but other than that it was good. We just ran up to Red Robin for dinner because we were worried about time for the girls performance so didn't get to go anywhere to fancy but it was SO cute to watch them at their performance. Each girl recited their verses and then they got awards. Shelby completed her book so she got her wings for completing her book with all her jewels on it. (it is a long story but if you are familiar with Awana you will know what I am talking about) and then also for completing the book the sparkies got a "sparky" doll . They also got a certificate of participation. Then for Katy's group the "TNT's" they have these badges and Katy is not done with her book because it is a lot harder so she got her badge and they have these little stickers that they get when they complete each discovery or section so she got her badge and she has completed 3. So she got that and then a certificate and then at the end they gave out awards for best spirit and Katy got that for her group. So that was really cool for her. If she completes her entire book next year she will get a little trophy so she has something to strive for. Then they had sundays for the kids and mom and I left the kids with Shane because he was talking with our youth pastor and she and I ran to Walmart and then went to Baskin and Robbins and got our own treat.

So it was a fun day yesterday.

Then I came home and we had a heck of a thunderstorm all night. It thundered and lightening all night long. Kept me up pretty good and I don't know if it is going to do it again today but it is supposed to do it on Friday which is the girl's last day of school and they are having this big party so I hope it doesn't spoil it. CRAZY! I feel like I am in the midwest LOL.

But anyway so that was my day. Pretty crazy but fun.

So today I have to go in to work and then we have swim and that's bout it. We don't have a meet this weekend so we are looking forward to going to see up and then Sunday we have the big baptism's. So that is our weekend.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day and looking forward to a great weekend!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #1438
Stacerita

Dawn - please let Melody know that her and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. And that we miss her around the boards.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #1439
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Breezy girl...funny how you forgot to mention to me that you and Cat Bared all at the Bare Bar.

I hope the Vegas girls have a great time in two weeks. I am hoping you and I can join trip #2.
It must have slipped her mind.

I hope we can plan another Vegas get-away and I really hope you two will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Dang Breezy. You go girl! I wish I was young and perky again so I could hang out at Bare.
Ain't that the truth!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairykin View Post
I wanted to let Everyone know that Melody's son and daughter in law lost their baby. So Please keep this family in your prayers as they go through this time of loss.
Melody shared with me a really grateful heart story about her recent trip to Disneyland, where she, her mother and her sister who is so ill with cancer all got their picture taken with the princesses. She spoke so lovingly of how she was grateful for that picture for who knew how long she would have either of them. It really put forth the message, love those in your life and don't put off making special memories today for tomorrow is not a given. So Please keep our sweet friend in your thoughts and prayers.

May today be good for you and those you love!
Oh no. That's so sad. My thoughts are with them right now. And thanks for sharing that special moment she had with her mom and sister. I agree that tomorrow is not a given, and we should try not to take a single second for granted.

And on that note, I am off to the doctors for some tests. If you could all do me a favor and send some prayers and well wishes my way, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Talk to you all later.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #1440
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Good Morning Ladies! I really hope everyone has a great day.

Cheryl – I’m glad to hear Chase is feeling better.

Breezy – It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Since I’ve been 21, I still haven’t made it to Vegas. Sigh.

Dawn – Please let Melody know her and her family are in our prayers. And thank you for sharing her princess story. Sometimes I need a reminder that we can’t take tomorrow for granted.

Beth – I hope your doctor’s appointment goes well. Tons of prayers and pixie dust for you.

Hiiiya Stacie, Donna, Bridgette, Linda and Kelly! And everyone else I miss!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: