Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #1411
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thank you Vicki and Sara!

And yes Sara I know you know what I mean. I NEVER spend money on myself and I HATE to spend more than 5 bucks for anything that isn't TOTALLY necessary. In fact I will see something cute even for the girls and I will so no and wait till it goes on sale and then I will regret it later cuz I will go back and it won't be there but that is just how I am. I always say that if I ever won the lottery I would STILL be that way lol. But I just CAN'T waste money. I guess it was all those years of being broke LOL. In fact when Shane was in Iraq we had that year of tax free income and I saved EVERY dime of it. Most of my military wife friends went out and splurged it but not me. I am just that way though. Tight wad LOL. Every year I can't WAIT to get my tax refund to pay off my cards. I don't like debt but then we had a bankruptcy once so that is part of it. After my divorce my ex really did me in and I had to file (no choice) and so I think that is part of it. We have totally re-established our credit and that was over 11 years ago but I guess it is just one of those things that you just always want to overcome.

BUT ANYWAY Stac I have to say your brother is a bit of a hunk but don't tell him I said so, might give him an even bigger head LOL!

Mom just called and said she wants me to come have lunch with her and we are FINALLY going to book our hotel for D.C. so I am off to do that here soon.

Have fun everyone and I will see yall later.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #1412
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
I assume Beth will keep us posted? Isn't that about the time the Vegas ladies get together? Speaking of, Breezy just got back from Sin City this morn after celebrating with her roomie who just graduated. She promised to post later about all the places she went to. I hadn't heard of most of them. I am so out of the loop when it comes to swanky, cool and hip places. She had a great time though, until her flight out this morn was cancelled and she had to wait in the McCarren Airport for four hours.
Yep, I will keep you posted for sure. I'll post once it starts and keep a link on the front page as well.
I'm glad Brianne had fun while she was here! Sorry about her flight though, that's odd. Flights are rarely canceled out of here. At least there are slot machines in the airport to keep you busy. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
Ooooh, that's so not what you want to hear (is he though??? Just asking )
He is. That pic she posted doesn't even do him justice. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
So what day do we get our exchange person? I move on the 26th and will be gone for a week. Is there any way I can get my name early?!?!?!
Sign-ups begin on June 12 and run through June 19. Names will go out later that day. Mail by date will be July 3, so everyone will have plenty of time to shop this time around.

Everyone check your calenders before signing up and make sure you will be around to receive your packages and not away on vacation or something. Or make arrangements for it to be held at the PO.
Also packages can be mailed earlier if someone will be out of town on the mail by date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
I will have to take a pic of the necklace. It is gorgeous. I don't have hardly ANY nice jewlery so I was VERY taken aback. But I agree I am NOT used to getting stuff like this. I get really embarrssed with stuff like this cuz I am used to getting practical stuff like blenders and toasters LOL.

Anyway thanks so much guys!
That's wonderful Kelly! They are so pretty. You totally deserve it.
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #1413
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

LA Divas - can anyone recommend a decent hotel by the LA Convention Center?? Frank is coming down next month and I need to find a hotel that's close to it and not a dump!! I've never been, so I have NO idea!

Thanks!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #1414
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Hope you ladies have a good one!!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #1415
stacielee
Why do I go to Disneyland? BECAUSE I CAN!!

Quote:
Ok I think this might be a little blurry but here is a pic of both the necklace and the bracelet.

I turned the bracelet so you could see the little Mickey head LOL.

There is one on the bracelet too but I don't think you can see it in the pic. But I love that about it.

Anyway here they are.
Very beautiful! Happy Birthday, you deserve it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Yep, I will keep you posted for sure. I'll post once it starts and keep a link on the front page as well.
As long as there are no pictures... Just sayin'
Old 06-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #1416
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

Leaving Love and Light for All.
Have a HaPpPy Day!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #1417
wendylady36
Why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Happy Birthday Kelly! What a lucky girl you are to have such a wonderful, thoughtful husband and family!
wendylady36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #1418
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Stacie~ that is too funny about your brother!!! EYE CANDY!!!

Quote:
Thanks Deb!

Yeah I can try and take a closeup pic although my camera is not very good at closeups. They usually end up blurry but I can try. The stones are amythest which is not my birthstones but I LOVE them anyway. I just like purple and my birthstone is alexendrite but I never really liked that. I just thought this bracelet was really pretty and it has a little Mickey head on the top LOL. The bracelet itself and the chain on the necklace is a silver rope kind of thing.

I will "attempt" to take a closeup pic.
Quote:
Ok I think this might be a little blurry but here is a pic of both the necklace and the bracelet.

There is one on the bracelet too but I don't think you can see it in the pic. But I love that about it.

Anyway here they are.

Kel~ That is my birthstone.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #1419
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anyway here they are.

Thanks for taking the pic! I love them they're gorgeous *that's a whistle*

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #1420
LulubellesDD
~*~Former DL CM who still loves the magic~*~

Vegas!!

Hi ladies!
I hope everyone is having a marvelous week so far! I am sorry it has taken me so long to come back to the disboards; I was celebrating my best friendís (Cat) graduation from CSU Long Beach in Vegas! My mom was telling me a group of you were going and that thanks to beth you got really good deals on some shows! Lucky! I didnít get a chance to see any shows other than the pirate one where the ship catches on fire but I am going back in october so hopefully I can see one then! Here was a recap of my trip:

Sunday:
We arrive at 2ish and head out to Tao Beach where we get into an exclusive pool party (Catís sister knew someone in the band). We get traumatized by watching three women get carried away in wheel chairs and stretchers with IVs in them. They looked horrible and so we immediately started drinking water in between every alcoholic beverage we had! The party was a blast though and we made friends with people to share their couch area because it was super packed! Then we went to dinner at a sushi place at Treasure Island with Christineís (Catís sister) friends that are performers. We watched the pirate boat show they have and had great food! They paid for the bill (over $200) so that was really nice of them! They got us into the club downstairs from it (Christian something) and it was pretty dead so we started drinking and dancing on our own. Thatís when some guy from Rhose Island came in and he came right over and started talking to me. He tried to introduce his cousin but the girls werenít having it (the cousin was a doofy looking guy) so the cousin left and Josh and I went dancing until 3ish. I found out that he was there for the jewelry convention there and he said he worked in sales for a family company. He asked me if I liked pearls (the only ones I know of are the Tahitian ones my parents got me) and when I said that I liked the Tahitian ones, next thing I know he is pulling up his sleeves to show his cuffs (Tahitians pearlsÖbeautiful ones I might add!) and so I got excited that he liked nice things (I even made him show CatÖlooking back on that now, I feel retarded, but whatever). He walked us to the taxi pick up and said good night there.

Monday:
We wake up around 10ish and head down to the Bare Lounge at the Mirage. Little did we know, the lounge lives up to its name! We get there and we start looking around and the women all have their tops off! Well, Cat and I both look at each other and decide why not!? We didn't get sunburned at least thanks to sunscreen but that was an odd experience! So then we went back to the room and took naps. We went to Margaritaville for dinner and I got a giraffe balloon! (I was super sad though because I made it all the way to LAX and the head came apart so it looks like a limp noodle with squares on it now. ) On the way back to our hotel room to change, we got free shots at Rock Show (they have a tire swing on their bars for the bartenders to swing on..it was insane! ) We went to the Ghost Bar in the Palms first and ran into Josh (he was with clients from Macys) so he said good bye to them and met up with us (apparently the rep from Macys was hitting on him but she was married so he ditched her and came to see me ) and we took some pictures of the gorgeous views! (this was my favorite for the view) and had a drink and went to the Playboy Club next door. We only stayed there maybe 30 seconds before we were back in the elevator (it was mostly for gambling and we arenít big gamblersÖwe like to DANCE! ) and headed to Club XS at the Encore hotel. Once we were at Club XS, OMG! It was amazing!! Anyone who is into clubs or just relaxing should definitely look into it! The dance floor opens up to this beautiful pool with lounges inside the shallow parts of the pool. We chilled on the lounges in the pool and danced the night away!

Tuesday:
But we had to leave by 3:30 to leave for the airport by 4:30 (we didnít sleep) but by the time we got there, the flight had been cancelled due to the flight crew not showing up so we were stuck at the airport until 9:40 when the next flight left. I tried sleeping on the floor of the airport but was really uncomfortable and it was super loud so I only ended up with maybe 2 hours of sleep. Of course, I lose my eye contact while I am sleeping so Iím half blind and cranky from being sleep deprived. Then Cat gave me half of her breakfast burrito but it made me super sick. Then as soon as we get on the plane, I start vomiting like crazy and they have to get me napkins and more bags and ginger ale. It was so embarrassing! I havenít ever gotten sick on a plane before and I fly all the time! I was able to get another 30 minutes of sleep at least but ugh I felt awful! I finally got home by noon and missed my first summer school class. I was so exhausted I slept until 4 and went to my last class. Overal, the trip was a blast! A little rushed, but man, was it fun!

Hope you girls have a ball when you go to Vegas! Mom has told me some of the exciting events you have lined up and Iím jealous!

Beth, I'll need to ask you where the good places to go are next time I go out!

Brianne
Lulubelles DD

Love and Light
LulubellesDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:22 PM   #1421
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Thanks everyone for looking. I am wearing them as we speak! Mom and I went to lunch today and FINALLY booked our hotel for D.C. so I am glad that is done! One less thing to worry about WHEW!

And we talked it over and it doesn't look like there will be any time for other trips with the girls so I decided against getting them AP's or renewing their current ones and then I got to thinking WHY do I need to buy a NEW AP later on when I can just renew the one I have. I had 10 more days and I could save the 20 bucks. And I really don't NEED it through Oct of next year since the only trips I will be taking is Oct of this year and the ladies trip SOOOO I renewed my old pass. So I am good to go. I also booked the Desert Inn for Oct so I am all set.

So now sometime in the next few weeks I will probably get our airline tix before they go up and then we should be set for awhile. I probably won't get shane and the girls hoppers till July before the tix go up.

But the good news is it looks like a go!! I just need to let Heather know to add me to the list.

Anyway we are off here in a few mins to eat and then head to church!

Have a good evening everyone!

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #1422
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

just checking in

It's 4:30 and I'm STILL in my pajamas BUT I did clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher and clean the den.

I'm off to shower and start studying for my finals. I feel like I'm getting sick (Diana, my sister, is sick) and I'm in no mood to go to the gym today. I am keeping track of what I'm eating though so it's ok.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #1423
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post

Sign-ups begin on June 12 and run through June 19. Names will go out later that day. Mail by date will be July 3, so everyone will have plenty of time to shop this time around.

Everyone check your calenders before signing up and make sure you will be around to receive your packages and not away on vacation or something. Or make arrangements for it to be held at the PO.
Also packages can be mailed earlier if someone will be out of town on the mail by date.

That will be perfect....we don't have a Disney store anywhere near us, but we will be in Portland at the end of this month for 3 long days of medical appts for the twins & there's a store there!!! I'll be able to "character" it up with ease & we return home on the 2nd of July!!!!

Happy Birthday Kelly......love the jewelry....very cute!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #1424
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Bree - It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so jealous!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #1425
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Bree I can't wait for Vegas! I'm not going with the Divas, but I'm going on June 30th - July 2nd with my brother on the way to California (I'm moving there from Indiana). What was the show called where the ship catches on fire?

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: